Anyone know what happened at Briarwoo...

Anyone know what happened at Briarwood Apts????

Posted in the Mount Sterling Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Georgetown, KY

#1 Oct 4, 2010
There's cops and detectives everywhere.
Dunno

Georgetown, KY

#2 Oct 4, 2010
Sum1 must have died cuz the coroner is up there.
Dang

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Oct 4, 2010
Miss those scanners don't you?
Left hanging

Lake Orion, MI

#4 Oct 6, 2010
Dunno wrote:
Sum1 must have died cuz the coroner is up there.
Anyone else hear what happened at Briarwood?
lostwithquestion s

Detroit, MI

#5 Oct 8, 2010
Does anyone know anything that happened at the Briarwood Apts beyond the cops and coroner? I'm guessing that someone may have seen/heard more; I am out of state and am missing a friend that lives there?
jeffersonville girl

Manchester, KY

#6 Oct 8, 2010
lostwithquestions wrote:
Does anyone know anything that happened at the Briarwood Apts beyond the cops and coroner? I'm guessing that someone may have seen/heard more; I am out of state and am missing a friend that lives there?
where is briarwood apts
Yes

Georgetown, KY

#7 Oct 8, 2010
Someone committed suicide. Very sad... pray for the family!
Who

Mount Sterling, KY

#8 Oct 8, 2010
I use to live over there. Does anyone know who it was? I would hate to think it was one of my neighbors; everyone over there was so nice.
lostwithquestion s

Detroit, MI

#9 Oct 8, 2010
Yes wrote:
Someone committed suicide. Very sad... pray for the family!
Thank you. This was my friend and I am completely numb; it does not make any sense to me? I know that suicide never does but something just seems and feels wrong. Do you know anyone that may have known anything as to right before this happened? I find it hard to believe that no one heard a noise or seen anything? I was just there a few months back and did see that everyone respected eachothers space/business but short of coming down I have no other source of info. and I cannot put his parents in this situation-there not ready for questions and I respect that- its to painful.
lostwithquestion s

Detroit, MI

#10 Oct 8, 2010
jeffersonville girl wrote:
<quoted text>
where is briarwood apts
Mount Sterling, KY
worked with him

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 Oct 9, 2010
He was sad, depressed, but involved with drugs (legal and non-legal) to keep him awake and have energy. Could not stand the heat (literally) and had hard time with long hours and hot temps. Sad, tried once to talk with him but he did not believe in a "god" and conseridered harresment to have a conversation beyond 'work' and personal interests. Hurts to know that something(s) happened long before moving to Mt. Sterling that set him on path that he took to finally end problems that he felt was pressing in on him.
dark place

Richmond, KY

#12 Oct 9, 2010
Over 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a mental illness at the time of their death.

And the most common mental illness is depression.

Untreated depression is the number one cause for suicide.

Untreated mental illness (including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and others) is the cause for the vast majority of suicides.

Also, some people are genetically predisposed to depression, and thus they may not appear to be undergoing any negative life experiences, yet still become depressed, and may die by suicide.

So, some people die by suicide because of a depression that was caused by genetics. You probably have heard about some indivuduals who died by suicide and did not exhibit any symptoms or appear to have any serious problems. In these cases, it is possible that the person had depression that occured because of this genetic factor.

It is very rare that someone dies by suicide because of one cause. Thus, there are usually several causes, and not just one, for suicide.

Many people die by suicide because depression is triggered by several negative life experiences, and the person does not receive treatment – or does not receive effective treatment – for the depression.(Some people need to go through several treatments until they find one that works for them.)

Some of the negative life experiences that may cause depression, and some other causes for depression, include:

* The death of a loved one.

* A divorce, separation, or breakup of a relationship.

* Losing custody of children, or feeling that a child custody decision is not fair.

* A serious loss, such as a loss of a job, house, or money.

* A serious illness.

* A terminal illness.

* A serious accident.

* Chronic physical pain.

* Intense emotional pain.

* Loss of hope.

* Being victimized (domestic violence, rape, assault, etc).

* A loved one being victimized (child murder, child molestation, kidnapping, murder, rape, assault, etc.).

* Physical abuse.

* Verbal abuse.

* Sexual abuse.

* Unresolved abuse (of any kind) from the past.

* Feeling "trapped" in a situation perceived as negative.

* Feeling that things will never "get better."

* Feeling helpless.

* Serious legal problems, such as criminal prosecution or incarceration.

* Feeling "taken advantage of."

* Inability to deal with a perceived "humiliating" situation.

* Inability to deal with a perceived "failure."

* Alcohol abuse.

* Drug abuse.

* A feeling of not being accepted by family, friends, or society.

* A horrible disappointment.

* Feeling like one has not lived up to his or her high expectations or those of another.

* Bullying.(Adults, as well as children, can be bullied.)

* Low self-esteem.
dark place

Richmond, KY

#13 Oct 9, 2010
Myth - People who talk about suicide are just trying to get attention.
Fact - People who die by suicide usually talk about it first. They are in pain and oftentimes reach out for help because they do not know what to do and have lost hope. Always take talk about suicide seriously. Always.

Myth - People who talk about wanting to die by suicide do not try to kill themselves.
Fact - People who talk about wanting to die by suicide oftentimes kill themselves.

Myth - Suicide always occurs without any warning signs.
Fact - There are almost always warning signs.

Myth - Once people decide to die by suicide, there is nothing you can do to stop them.
Fact - Suicide can be prevented. Most people who are suicidal do not want to die; they just want to stop their pain.

Myth - Suicide only strikes people of a certain gender, race, financial status, age, etc.
Fact - Suicide can strike anyone.

Myth - People who attempt suicide and survive will not attempt suicide again.
Fact - People who attempt suicide and survive will oftentimes make additional attempts.

Myth - People who attempt suicide are crazy.
Fact - They are in pain, and probably have a chemical imbalance in their brain. Anyone could attempt suicide.

Myth - People who attempt suicide are weak.
Fact - They are in pain and probably have a chemical imbalance in their brain. Many people who are very "strong" die by suicide.

Myth - People who talk about suicide are trying to manipulate others.
Fact - People who talk about suicide are in pain and need help. And telling them that they "just want something" or "are trying to manipulate" is both insensitive and ignorant. People often talk about suicide before dying by suicide. Always take talk about suicide seriously. Always.

Myth - When people become suicidal, they will always be suicidal.
Fact - Most people are suicidal for a limited period of time. However, suicidal feelings can recur.

Myth - People who are suicidal definitely want to die.
Fact - The vast majority of people who are suicidal do not want to die. They are in pain, and they want to stop the pain.

Myth - You should never ask people who are suicidal person if they are thinking about suicide or if they have thought about a method, because just talking about it will give them the idea.
Fact - Asking people if they are thinking about suicide does not give them the idea for suicide. And it is important to talk about suicide with people who are suicidal because you will learn more about their mindset and intentions, and allow them to diffuse some of the tension that is causing their suicidal feelings.

Myth - When people who are suicidal feel better, they are no longer suicidal.
Fact - Sometimes suicidal people feel better because they have decided to die by suicide, and may feel a sense of relief that the pain will soon be over.

Myth - Young people never think about suicide, they have their entire life ahead of them.
Fact - Suicide is the third leading cause of death for young people aged 15-24. Sometimes children under 10 die by suicide.

Myth - There is little correlation between alcohol or drug abuse and suicide.
Fact - Often times people who die by suicide are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Myth - People who are suicidal do not seek help.
Fact - Many people who are suicidal reach out for help.
worked with him

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Oct 9, 2010
Detroit - wish I could talk with you in person, but as I am not willing to let you know and others know (due to liability and being at risk of being sued). He was a nice guy - and he did display a few months ago obivious signs of crying out for help - but companies keep themselves with the help of their management to brush aside incidents and not be invloved with people with problems. I know that this is not their responsibility - but darn - too many people in manamagent have their heads up their &*O)*)(* and are only concerned with keeping their positions and paychecks. But he was not fired over something others had been fired for in the past (and will be in the future). Yet this is not enough - sadly those who care when working with someone in these situations are told to keep our mouths shut because we can be sued by the indiviudal and can be fired. Which (by the way) happened to several people at that company for various trumped up reasons shortly before the truth came out regarding noticable irradictic behaivor being displayed at work.
Thanks

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Oct 9, 2010
dark place wrote:
Over 90 percent of people who die by suicide have a mental illness at the time of their death.
And the most common mental illness is depression.
Untreated depression is the number one cause for suicide.
Untreated mental illness (including depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and others) is the cause for the vast majority of suicides.
Also, some people are genetically predisposed to depression, and thus they may not appear to be undergoing any negative life experiences, yet still become depressed, and may die by suicide.
So, some people die by suicide because of a depression that was caused by genetics. You probably have heard about some indivuduals who died by suicide and did not exhibit any symptoms or appear to have any serious problems. In these cases, it is possible that the person had depression that occured because of this genetic factor.
It is very rare that someone dies by suicide because of one cause. Thus, there are usually several causes, and not just one, for suicide.
Many people die by suicide because depression is triggered by several negative life experiences, and the person does not receive treatment – or does not receive effective treatment – for the depression.(Some people need to go through several treatments until they find one that works for them.)
Some of the negative life experiences that may cause depression, and some other causes for depression, include:
* The death of a loved one.
* A divorce, separation, or breakup of a relationship.
* Losing custody of children, or feeling that a child custody decision is not fair.
* A serious loss, such as a loss of a job, house, or money.
* A serious illness.
* A terminal illness.
* A serious accident.
* Chronic physical pain.
* Intense emotional pain.
* Loss of hope.
* Being victimized (domestic violence, rape, assault, etc).
* A loved one being victimized (child murder, child molestation, kidnapping, murder, rape, assault, etc.).
* Physical abuse.
* Verbal abuse.
* Sexual abuse.
* Unresolved abuse (of any kind) from the past.
* Feeling "trapped" in a situation perceived as negative.
* Feeling that things will never "get better."
* Feeling helpless.
* Serious legal problems, such as criminal prosecution or incarceration.
* Feeling "taken advantage of."
* Inability to deal with a perceived "humiliating" situation.
* Inability to deal with a perceived "failure."
* Alcohol abuse.
* Drug abuse.
* A feeling of not being accepted by family, friends, or society.
* A horrible disappointment.
* Feeling like one has not lived up to his or her high expectations or those of another.
* Bullying.(Adults, as well as children, can be bullied.)
* Low self-esteem.
Thank you Mr Google
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-causes.html
Thanks

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Oct 9, 2010
dark place wrote:
Myth - People who talk about suicide are just trying to get attention.
Fact - People who die by suicide usually talk about it first. They are in pain and oftentimes reach out for help because they do not know what to do and have lost hope. Always take talk about suicide seriously. Always.
Myth - People who talk about wanting to die by suicide do not try to kill themselves.
Fact - People who talk about wanting to die by suicide oftentimes kill themselves.
Myth - Suicide always occurs without any warning signs.
Fact - There are almost always warning signs.
Myth - Once people decide to die by suicide, there is nothing you can do to stop them.
Fact - Suicide can be prevented. Most people who are suicidal do not want to die; they just want to stop their pain.
Myth - Suicide only strikes people of a certain gender, race, financial status, age, etc.
Fact - Suicide can strike anyone.
Myth - People who attempt suicide and survive will not attempt suicide again.
Fact - People who attempt suicide and survive will oftentimes make additional attempts.
Myth - People who attempt suicide are crazy.
Fact - They are in pain, and probably have a chemical imbalance in their brain. Anyone could attempt suicide.
Myth - People who attempt suicide are weak.
Fact - They are in pain and probably have a chemical imbalance in their brain. Many people who are very "strong" die by suicide.
Myth - People who talk about suicide are trying to manipulate others.
Fact - People who talk about suicide are in pain and need help. And telling them that they "just want something" or "are trying to manipulate" is both insensitive and ignorant. People often talk about suicide before dying by suicide. Always take talk about suicide seriously. Always.
Myth - When people become suicidal, they will always be suicidal.
Fact - Most people are suicidal for a limited period of time. However, suicidal feelings can recur.
Myth - People who are suicidal definitely want to die.
Fact - The vast majority of people who are suicidal do not want to die. They are in pain, and they want to stop the pain.
Myth - You should never ask people who are suicidal person if they are thinking about suicide or if they have thought about a method, because just talking about it will give them the idea.
Fact - Asking people if they are thinking about suicide does not give them the idea for suicide. And it is important to talk about suicide with people who are suicidal because you will learn more about their mindset and intentions, and allow them to diffuse some of the tension that is causing their suicidal feelings.
Myth - When people who are suicidal feel better, they are no longer suicidal.
Fact - Sometimes suicidal people feel better because they have decided to die by suicide, and may feel a sense of relief that the pain will soon be over.
Myth - Young people never think about suicide, they have their entire life ahead of them.
Fact - Suicide is the third leading cause of death for young people aged 15-24. Sometimes children under 10 die by suicide.
Myth - There is little correlation between alcohol or drug abuse and suicide.
Fact - Often times people who die by suicide are under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Myth - People who are suicidal do not seek help.
Fact - Many people who are suicidal reach out for help.
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-myths.html
youre welcome

Richmond, KY

#17 Oct 10, 2010
Thanks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Mr Google
http://www.suicide.org/suicide-causes.html
could you be anymore of a jerk? I am sure you can, you're such an ass.
lostwithquestion s

Detroit, MI

#18 Oct 11, 2010
worked with him wrote:
Detroit - wish I could talk with you in person, but as I am not willing to let you know and others know (due to liability and being at risk of being sued). He was a nice guy - and he did display a few months ago obivious signs of crying out for help - but companies keep themselves with the help of their management to brush aside incidents and not be invloved with people with problems. I know that this is not their responsibility - but darn - too many people in manamagent have their heads up their &*O)*)(* and are only concerned with keeping their positions and paychecks. But he was not fired over something others had been fired for in the past (and will be in the future). Yet this is not enough - sadly those who care when working with someone in these situations are told to keep our mouths shut because we can be sued by the indiviudal and can be fired. Which (by the way) happened to several people at that company for various trumped up reasons shortly before the truth came out regarding noticable irradictic behaivor being displayed at work.
I would also like the opportunity to speak with you in a private/confidential way. Perhaps you may already know of me as I was there visiting him back July/August? He has a friend there that had a broken ankle not that long ago named Jeramiah-he should be able to get you either my number or his parents which will know who's number you need just mention the visit in July. Thank you so much for filling in some of the gaps but I still have so many questions for a friend of 20 years and feel I owe it to him to find out the truth regardless of how much it may hurt.
lostwithquestion s

Detroit, MI

#19 Oct 11, 2010
worked with him wrote:
Detroit - wish I could talk with you in person, but as I am not willing to let you know and others know (due to liability and being at risk of being sued). He was a nice guy - and he did display a few months ago obivious signs of crying out for help - but companies keep themselves with the help of their management to brush aside incidents and not be invloved with people with problems. I know that this is not their responsibility - but darn - too many people in manamagent have their heads up their &*O)*)(* and are only concerned with keeping their positions and paychecks. But he was not fired over something others had been fired for in the past (and will be in the future). Yet this is not enough - sadly those who care when working with someone in these situations are told to keep our mouths shut because we can be sued by the indiviudal and can be fired. Which (by the way) happened to several people at that company for various trumped up reasons shortly before the truth came out regarding noticable irradictic behaivor being displayed at work.
Is there anyway you can tell me when(what day) he was fired and if anyone may have had contact(or talked with) afterwards without giving yourself away? He worked on 2 shifts so he had contact with many individuals so it makes it hard to know (for those that may want to create problems but certainly not from me or his family) who may be trying to give some answers so that we can have some sort of closure. The truth and irradictic behavior you mentioned, is this something that is recent (6mo.or less)? Can you tell me what he WAS fired for, I've seen the "drugs" mentioned earlier and now I'm wondering how long this may have been going on? I did not see any odd behavior when I was there or anything suspicious or of concern in his apartment but now I'm wondering if maybe I missed the signs? One more question that just I am very curious about after speaking with his parents today: The memorial that was held by the company- was it to spare his parents "not knowing" or for genuine reasons? Regardless, it meant a great deal to his parents and spared them additional grief. The bottom line is: can you say without question that he was responsible/accountable for the reason(s) he was let go?
worked with him

Mount Sterling, KY

#20 Oct 12, 2010
He was not fired (but should have been over the use of drugs). He did display at work irradict behaivor and many of us noticed it but had to keep mouths shut. A couple of people did report his behaivor to managment - but they looked the other way because he was a hard worker and ran himself into the ground trying to prove himeself to them. He was a good worker - conscious about safety and did speak up about issues that were unsafe - but as a certain two were involved in setting up of the line that he initially worked on - they ignored his concerns and made it his problem to 'work safely'. I personally was 'let go' because the way things were set up were not at all like HR thought they were in hiring me for the position. Literally could not do the job physically thus was blamed for not being able to do the job. As to Jeremiah - I knew who he was due to people I know still working there - but he is gone and working in another town. The drugs were being done right away - more than likely before being hired. The long hours and heat - combined with the drugs would surely mess up someone's thinking. Many people at that company quit because of the long hours - many have gotten divorced over the long hours too. A manager was recently let go (about a week) before this tragedy. He would listen sometimes to the employees and did listen to your friend at times. The guy now that is probably filling in was and is a "jerk". Your friend tried talking with him many, many times about how unsafe things were set up in his area he worked at last winter - and was shot down by this guy repeatedly (same with me - that is why I am not there anymore). The memorial was odd to many of us too - way too quick. Was odd to how someone was spreading around it was a suicide by Monday night - how did they know this - can only surmise that the police contacted HR or it was someone who went to apt. because he had not called in and shown up for work on Saturday or Monday night. Nothing is in the local papers about this - I personally always question whenever drugs are involved - who are the people being dealt with and did something go terribly wrong during a transaction. Was there something else mixed in with the drugs that would cause a deep depression to hit on a body already worn down by long hours - mixed in with all the other things happening that would give one a feeling of hopelessness. I know that your friend wanted to move up - make more money and be in management. But it may be when he had an accident in January - and was sent home instead of being drug tested - that a deal was struck up between him and HR - would not be fired but he would not be able to move into management either. He was out of work for a few weeks - rumor said it was for pneumonia but others said it was because he was in detox for drug abuse. HR will never say what the conversation was about between him and them (nor should they). They did let him keep his job - but there was no way he wanted to stay in the trenches the rest of his life - the work is way too hard on the body and can drive some people into depression thinking that this is it for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 29 min LMS 148,375
Poet and didn't know it battle rap 2 hr yo boi 2
anyone seen William Paul Hamilton? (Oct '10) 4 hr sugi 4
Did Amanda really cheat on Jeremy? (Jun '14) 5 hr yuck yuck 4
Taylor clemons? 5 hr poor poor children 17
cute couples of prom and mchs 7 hr cute!! 5
Jason Fair 7 hr wonderingabouthim 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages