Help

Owensboro, KY

#1 Dec 22, 2011
Is there a suboxone clinic in Menifee County and what is the fee?
Morehead

Mount Sterling, KY

#2 Dec 22, 2011
I dunno about menifee, but there is one in mount sterling and morehead. It's really pricey either way with no insurance. We just found out about a naltrexone implant we will be going for next. It's a lot cheaper and there can be do forgetful days that can allow for slippage
Just Saying

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Dec 22, 2011
Morehead wrote:
I dunno about menifee, but there is one in mount sterling and morehead. It's really pricey either way with no insurance. We just found out about a naltrexone implant we will be going for next. It's a lot cheaper and there can be do forgetful days that can allow for slippage
how expensive and is it safe and where do u get the implant at?
Morehead

Mount Sterling, KY

#4 Dec 22, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
how expensive and is it safe and where do u get the implant at?
It's $700 for the initial visit for the implant and then you go back every two months and it's $450. It's very safe and you can get it done at Dr. Shultz's office.

Suboxone clinics are any where from $400-$450 a month for doctor visit and $350-$450 a month for medicine. Still safe but a lot more expensive.
Dork

Mount Sterling, KY

#5 Dec 23, 2011
Morehead wrote:
<quoted text>
It's $700 for the initial visit for the implant and then you go back every two months and it's $450. It's very safe and you can get it done at Dr. Shultz's office.
Suboxone clinics are any where from $400-$450 a month for doctor visit and $350-$450 a month for medicine. Still safe but a lot more expensive.
Dr S. is a rip off! He is not out to help but out to screw people over. His charges are way to high. Do research you can find a cheaper doc, and a select few take your insurance. Sub treatment should be able to be billed just like a normal doc visit in my opinion. There is not alot of extra work, you walk into a sub doc, talk, get meds, why the high charge IDK. Just another way for the goverment to screw us over. Any doc should know how to treat patients with sub therapy , they sure have no problem doing pain therapy, no big difference! I look for a great day when yo can go to the family doc for sub treatment
just a replacement

United States

#6 Dec 23, 2011
I feel that the sub is just another replacement! I know someone who was taking it but people abuse it also
I feel people need to just wean ur self off the pills. Im still have a hard time understanding why people abuse the pills? Start making the right choices in ur lifestyle! Get away from others that do the same! Find a sober friend!
Shultz

Mount Sterling, KY

#7 Dec 23, 2011
I don't know why you would say Shultz charges too much, when he is the cheapest person I have found that does the suboxone or naltrexone. He is substantially cheaper. And most people don't have insurance, so cheaper is the way to go. You can get therapy by going to pathways and it's very cheap, if that's what you need. The treatment is not for myself, but for my fiancé. You don't know why people don't just wean themselves off?! It's harder than you think! Some people were prescribed this medication and became addicted now they don't want it anymore, but their body shuts down and goes through a lot of s**t when they stop. Some people have addictive personalities, some people don't. Being addicted to a drug is a disease and has to be treated. Very few can actually treat themselves.
Shultz

Mount Sterling, KY

#8 Dec 23, 2011
That last post was for the both of you.
oh well

United States

#9 Dec 23, 2011
Shultz wrote:
I don't know why you would say Shultz charges too much, when he is the cheapest person I have found that does the suboxone or naltrexone. He is substantially cheaper. And most people don't have insurance, so cheaper is the way to go. You can get therapy by going to pathways and it's very cheap, if that's what you need. The treatment is not for myself, but for my fiancé. You don't know why people don't just wean themselves off?! It's harder than you think! Some people were prescribed this medication and became addicted now they don't want it anymore, but their body shuts down and goes through a lot of s**t when they stop. Some people have addictive personalities, some people don't. Being addicted to a drug is a disease and has to be treated. Very few can actually treat themselves.
duh! I get pain pills but I don't abuse mine!
Dork

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Dec 23, 2011
Shultz wrote:
Well you must of not looked around much, I was in sub therapy. I was paying only 100 a month only had to go once a month to. Also he keeps his patients on it to long! Subs are not really a long term drug. My doc did let me choose, but didnt recomend being on it more than a 6 months. I quit all pills and subs in 3 at 24mg a day of subs and had no problem! Whats the use of trading for another drug if you plan on staying on it! A couple months worth of subs 24mg a day , taper to 16mg, then 8mg, 4mg,2mg, and you can stop easily. I know I did it and I was addicted to oxy 15s , 30s, dilaudid. I was doing atleast 5 or more of each a day, and was able to stop with short term sub therapy and some support from friends and counselers. There is no need to keep your patients on them so long, unless of course you like making money rather than helping! Been clean for 2 years now , and trust me with a couple months of sub therapy you and anyone else can do it if you really want to
Long term

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 Dec 23, 2011
Actually the time of treatment varies between all patients. Let me know where you could have possibly went for $100 a month and I'll check into that, but the medication alone runs us $400 a month. Either way it's expensive. You may they that your five a day was bad off, but that's not nearly as bad as my fiancé was. He was doing several more and ended up doing the worse thing a person could do......shooting up. He is doing well now on suboxone but it is entirely too expensive. We are going to go for the naltrexone implant which is recommended to use for at least a year.
In Due Time

Mount Sterling, KY

#12 Dec 26, 2011
I done a experiment on myself to see If I really needed pain pills for medicine or just to feel good. So I joined Dr. Shultzs Sub. clinic for a month, well there was no withdraws but because of the pain In my back and legs I couldnt do my job very well so I had to go back to the pain pills that I was really hoping I didnt need either way without Insurance both are very expensive and the DR. at Lex. said I needed surgery but no Ins. and It Is only a 50 percent chance that will take care of It. Sub. Is for those looking for the pain Med. buzz that has the ones that need Meds In this law fighting shape that were In, but I do hope you get straightened up and stay sober for this Is an expensive game that you play.
Suboxone

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 Dec 26, 2011
Suboxone doesn't give you a buzz. I don't know what you're thinking of and it's not for pain management. It is for people looking to get off of pain medication, no matter how they became addicted. It really helps the ones that are motivated. The only time you will get withdrawals from suboxone is when u stop taking suboxone. Not when you transfer from pain pills to sub. You have to wait 24 hours since taking your last pill and u can start sub.
Info

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Dec 27, 2011
Suboxone wrote:
Suboxone doesn't give you a buzz. I don't know what you're thinking of and it's not for pain management. It is for people looking to get off of pain medication, no matter how they became addicted. It really helps the ones that are motivated. The only time you will get withdrawals from suboxone is when u stop taking suboxone. Not when you transfer from pain pills to sub. You have to wait 24 hours since taking your last pill and u can start sub.
Actually it does give you a buzz, and is sometimes prescribed as pain med. Suboxone is a very strong opiod! It just blocks of the effects of other opiods. I was doing every pill under the moon, and subs gave me a better buzz than anything, but they do work if used correctly. I should know they saved my life!
Ihatedrs

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Feb 21, 2016
oh well wrote:
<quoted text> duh! I get pain pills but I don't abuse mine!
That's a lie your just in denial like all addicts until you get fully addicted you can't say we all started like you don't do any for like three days then say that so your comment doesn't mean anything here until you been addicts
Steps

Georgetown, KY

#17 Feb 21, 2016
Want to gain control of your life back and get clean forever?
Go to a detox clinic so you can detox safely from all substances under medical professionals.
After you come home, immediately go to a 12 step meeting and keep coming back. Get a sponsor and work the steps. Don't die.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
new mexican restaurant. fix your own ? 57 min Wth 5
does anyone know a jessica valdivia?? (Jan '15) 1 hr Bestgetitright 7
Leeanne Spencer 1 hr Austinkings 4
Pennie Miles does anyone know anything about th... 1 hr JacksonW 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 148,847
Naked Pics of Girls from Mt. Sterling (Dec '10) 3 hr Keep the memory a... 37
cheating husbands 5 hr Sad 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages