First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Licensed

United States

#1 Sep 28, 2012
What do you all think of the article n the paper this week?
Typical

Mount Sterling, KY

#2 Sep 28, 2012
I think the Fiscal Court will do what it always does, try and make everyone feel they are on their side and do nothing. The commissioners are riding the county into bankruptcy and only care about re-election.
informed

United States

#3 Sep 28, 2012
Licensed wrote:
What do you all think of the article n the paper this week?
a pit bull has a bite force of 235 PSI. Enough to break bones. It was initially bred for A hunting dog that has been selectively bred to be a fighting dog. Owners who choose to keep these animals must contain them. Temperment is a whole other issue in itself. People who choose this breed are typically insecure individuals or drug dealers in my opinion.
Dawg fan

United States

#4 Sep 28, 2012
I like my dog he isn't a pit bull though. Pit bulls make me nervous because of their bad temper and they are unpredictable. The only thing worse than a pit bull is they're childish owners who just want to scare people or make people think they're tough. I don't understand how they come to that train of thought but they do. Just sick of all of em
county club coach

United States

#5 Sep 29, 2012
Still see people talking about pits. The truth is its the owners that are the problem. They dont know or dont care to learn how to handle pits and therein lies the problem. Always see people pisting how they were bred to fight....do you really think pits are the only breed that hss ever been "bred to fight"? Centuries ago mastiffs were sent into battle human troops prior to any weapon engagement. Why do you think shar peis have loose skin? So the "bred to fight" reasoning means other breeds would require banishment. I will say it again....irresponsible pit owners are the issue...not the breed.
lovemypibble

Wayland, KY

#6 Sep 29, 2012
Not all PITBULL's are bad and not all owners are bad. I own a pitbull and I am also a RESPONSIBLE owner. I think its wrong to keep stereotyping Pits. Any breed can be vicious if given the right situation not just a Pit. And for someone to stereotype all owners that we are "insecure and drug dealers" is a Joke!! My dog is no different from your dog the only difference is society and IGNORANT people keep making them out to be Monsters. I do agree that it is the owners who decides how there animal is raised and will turn out and yes I also agree that there are some EVIL people who fight there dogs and dont raise them to be loving animals but once again NOT ALL PITBULL'S ARE BAD AND NOT ALL OWNERS ARE EITHER!!! When you judge something you know nothing about your showing a reflection of yourself.
Lovemydog

Portland, OR

#7 Sep 29, 2012
lovemypibble wrote:
Not all PITBULL's are bad and not all owners are bad. I own a pitbull and I am also a RESPONSIBLE owner. I think its wrong to keep stereotyping Pits. Any breed can be vicious if given the right situation not just a Pit. And for someone to stereotype all owners that we are "insecure and drug dealers" is a Joke!! My dog is no different from your dog the only difference is society and IGNORANT people keep making them out to be Monsters. I do agree that it is the owners who decides how there animal is raised and will turn out and yes I also agree that there are some EVIL people who fight there dogs and dont raise them to be loving animals but once again NOT ALL PITBULL'S ARE BAD AND NOT ALL OWNERS ARE EITHER!!! When you judge something you know nothing about your showing a reflection of yourself.
You are simply a moron in denial! To all who own pitbulls. Here are the stats on your lovable breed:
By compiling U.S. and Canadian press accounts between 1982 and 2011, Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, shows the breeds most responsible for serious injury and death.

The combination of pit bulls, rottweilers, their close mixes and wolf hybrids:
77% of attacks that induce bodily harm
73% of attacks to children
81% of attack to adults
68% of attacks that result in fatalities
76% that result in maiming

A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in a recent 3-year period. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.
Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org , pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59%(52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.
The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18%(16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81%(13).

A 2000 report issued by the Center for Disease and Control (CDC) reviewed a 20-year period to determine the types of dog breeds most responsible for U.S. dog bite fatalities.
During 1997 and 1998, at least 27 people died of dog bite attacks (18 in 1997 and 9 in 1998). At least 25 breeds of dogs were involved in 238 human dog bite related fatalities during the past 20 years. Pit bulls and rottweilers were involved in over half of these fatalities and from 1997 to 1998 were involved in 67%.

Shocking statistics that cannot be dismissed!
shucks

Owensboro, KY

#8 Sep 29, 2012
all dogs will attack!
advice

Mount Sterling, KY

#9 Sep 29, 2012
shucks wrote:
all dogs will attack!
Exactly. It's not just the pit breed. I've got two that are just as sweet as pie, but that just means they have been trained the right way and not chained or contained.
Hank

Anonymous Proxy

#10 Sep 29, 2012
shucks wrote:
all dogs will attack!
Especially pit bulls. Read the stats dumbo. All the pit bulls in the world are not worth the life of one of the many children they've killed. They're proven to be a murderous breed and most states are considering a ban on owning them altogether.
Hank

Anonymous Proxy

#11 Sep 29, 2012
advice wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It's not just the pit breed. I've got two that are just as sweet as pie, but that just means they have been trained the right way and not chained or contained.
All pit bulls are as sweet as pie and every time they bite or kill someone, the fool owner says "I don't understand it. My dog has never bitten anyone before. The child must have been doing something to provoke him because he's always been as sweet as pie."
Yeah, the kid did do something to provoke him. He walked by, just minding his own business and got chewed to pieces. Deny it all you want. Pitbulls are vicious. And the people who own them have inferiority complexes.
Bullchit

Mount Sterling, KY

#12 Sep 29, 2012
They better be willing to kill me because they will have to pry my pit bull from my cold dead fingers. People who think all pits are bad and vicious are ignorant, but what else does one expect from this small town. Next we will be burning books in front of the library. A bunch of small-minded people, like Hank here, ruin it for a whole breed of dog. Everyone should be responsible for their dog (no matter what the breed) and those who aren't should have their rights to own them revoked. That is what would help society.
Typical

Mount Sterling, KY

#13 Sep 29, 2012
I don't know why all of you at arguing, they won't do anything.
informed

United States

#14 Sep 29, 2012
Well...if u don't keep it on your property we have the right to shoot on sight. They are very territorial . I won't risk my safety or a loved one just because you feel insecure. The woman quoted in the paper sounds like an idiot. Why would you attach your name to something like that?
dumb

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Sep 29, 2012
Dawg fan wrote:
I like my dog he isn't a pit bull though. Pit bulls make me nervous because of their bad temper and they are unpredictable. The only thing worse than a pit bull is they're childish owners who just want to scare people or make people think they're tough. I don't understand how they come to that train of thought but they do. Just sick of all of em
Yeah, my pit bull makes me look really tough when he's playing with my grandson, kissing him in the face and letting him sit on him and pet and poke him, all while he just lies there loving it. What a dumb statement to make about "ALL" pit owners.
shucks

Owensboro, KY

#16 Sep 29, 2012
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>Especially pit bulls. Read the stats dumbo. All the pit bulls in the world are not worth the life of one of the many children they've killed. They're proven to be a murderous breed and most states are considering a ban on owning them altogether.
ignorance breeds ignorance!
lovemypibble

Wayland, KY

#17 Sep 29, 2012
informed wrote:
Well...if u don't keep it on your property we have the right to shoot on sight. They are very territorial . I won't risk my safety or a loved one just because you feel insecure. The woman quoted in the paper sounds like an idiot. Why would you attach your name to something like that?
. You have the right to shoot on sight??? Now look who's insecure....Really?? Sounds as if your a little insecure just waiting to shoot any pit bull on sight! I bet you have never befriended a put bull but yet you talk as if your a expert on the breed! I have owned at least 9 of your so called vicious dogs and have never been attacked other than with kisses and have never seen any sign of aggression! Shoot my dog on site and well I guess we would see who was the insecure one!! Your plain ridiculous!!
informed

United States

#21 Oct 2, 2012
lovemypibble wrote:
<quoted text>. You have the right to shoot on sight??? Now look who's insecure....Really?? Sounds as if your a little insecure just waiting to shoot any pit bull on sight! I bet you have never befriended a put bull but yet you talk as if your a expert on the breed! I have owned at least 9 of your so called vicious dogs and have never been attacked other than with kisses and have never seen any sign of aggression! Shoot my dog on site and well I guess we would see who was the insecure one!! Your plain ridiculous!!
stats don't lie. U should own a yorkie or a companion breed. Good luck w those doggie kisses. Hope he don't deside to take your face off someday.
kay

Mount Sterling, KY

#22 Oct 3, 2012
informed wrote:
<quoted text>stats don't lie. U should own a yorkie or a companion breed. Good luck w those doggie kisses. Hope he don't deside to take your face off someday.
If you raise them right, they won't "take off your face".
beth

United States

#23 Oct 3, 2012
Honestly talk to any vet and they will tell you a cocker spaniel has many reports on dog bites. I understand its the power of the bite that is the concern. But it truly is in the raising of the dog... I've been raised around pitbulls and continue to have them in my home without incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving 8 min serious 5
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min usa 163,920
William Ritchie and punk son 26 min Johnny Brewster 9
Larry west is scum 1 hr Rick 5
Steak and Shake 3 hr Customer no morre 22
Bed bugs from hotel 3 hr Eaten up 2
Mr. Breiner 10 hr Hey 1

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance