Alternative Sterling School
Over the Top

United States

#42 Apr 28, 2013
do not do anything wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a threat. That actually is the kind of thing that can get the attention of authorities. If you do anything to her, they can get your IP address and you because it would be a criminal matter. If anything happens to her by anybody else, they can user your IP address to get you. Even if you are completely innocent, you have just caused yourself very large potential legal problems.
To the Mom, I would report this thread, and the threat to you to the Police, since this person seems to know who you are.
This is definitely a threat and needs to go to the authorities, this problem needs to be addressed ASAP, I personally think It's someone other than a child. I think this was posted so someone else could use their rebuttal giving an EXPLANATION of the reason this thread has to come down..They are backed in a corner after the post telling two school employees are topix moderators.
They need a good excuse for taking down the Sterlings threads off topix, the last count I had this thread makes eleven. The arrests for topix threads is very fast. The judge in Cincinnati was threatened the guy was immediately arrested, another guy in Wv a few days ago arrested for threats made on topix.
Make child the scapegoat

Mount Sterling, KY

#43 Apr 28, 2013
Over the Top wrote:
<quoted text>
This is definitely a threat and needs to go to the authorities, this problem needs to be addressed ASAP, I personally think It's someone other than a child. I think this was posted so someone else could use their rebuttal giving an EXPLANATION of the reason this thread has to come down..They are backed in a corner after the post telling two school employees are topix moderators.
They need a good excuse for taking down the Sterlings threads off topix, the last count I had this thread makes eleven. The arrests for topix threads is very fast. The judge in Cincinnati was threatened the guy was immediately arrested, another guy in Wv a few days ago arrested for threats made on topix.
I think it was an adult also! It is dirty to use a kid to make their argument provable!
Really

United States

#44 Apr 28, 2013
I didn't put that on there and would never say that to anyone if you knew me you would understand my child goes to that school was put in there when it started I know most of these kids. I don't know for sure a kid put it up there I'm just guessing . You know what guessing is don't you when you think you know something like about who gets these post takin down I can tell you I do not work for the school and I sure don't have to explain why I take them down to anyone go a head and put them up I will take them down. They have to because its about minors smartass.
Over the Top

United States

#45 Apr 28, 2013
Make child the scapegoat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was an adult also! It is dirty to use a kid to make their argument provable!
Your right and Friday someone posted information only someone from school would know, which of course the post was removed as fast as it went up. It was information the Mother said was private and some teacher or higher at school knew. This has happened time and again on the school threads giving information only someone working at school would know. All the sterling school threads someone posts the students will see it and act negative. Giving their reason for removing eleven threads now. The threat gave a reason for the same person to reply later that's the reason they remove them because of the alternative kids getting angry. This is making the students appear worse than the actual situation may be. The threat needs to be reported and I am waiting for someone to return my call now. If the Mother sees this please take it to the authorities also. Don't report it to topix, its been posted when you require a post to be removed two ladies who work at school are the ones who answer your requests. Your privacy is important for you. Take the threat to the police. I have the permalink, which I will text to my caller I am waiting to hear from.
MultiSystem

United States

#47 Apr 28, 2013
The only thing I ever saw that mentioned kiddos names was on that Sterling School Facebook page that was up until a few days ago. There were about 20 or 21 kids plus a teacher who had pix from inside their school posted. Looks like that FB page has been removed. I think some adult posted the threat. I don't for a minute think any student posted it.
auspicious animal

Denver, CO

#48 Apr 28, 2013
Make child the scapegoat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is dirty indeed, but do you think they care, they have been in control of topix for two years and think they can do anything.
Big Boy

United States

#49 Apr 28, 2013
MultiSystem wrote:
The only thing I ever saw that mentioned kiddos names was on that Sterling School Facebook page that was up until a few days ago. There were about 20 or 21 kids plus a teacher who had pix from inside their school posted. Looks like that FB page has been removed. I think some adult posted the threat. I don't for a minute think any student posted it.
From the poster "Mom" about the smoking and teachers ignoring it to the Facebook pictures showing all the rules in the student handbook are disregarded at the Sterling School, makes me wonder why. It's plain Powell has gave the rules to the staff at the Sterling school. It seems he wants to be a hero to these students a friend who these impressionable young people will think is a super hero. It makes me wonder if Powell himself wasn't in an alternative school when he was in school. I would like to know something has made him decide to be lenient with these students. But WHY?
Pink

Mount Sterling, KY

#50 Apr 28, 2013
Big Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
From the poster "Mom" about the smoking and teachers ignoring it to the Facebook pictures showing all the rules in the student handbook are disregarded at the Sterling School, makes me wonder why. It's plain Powell has gave the rules to the staff at the Sterling school. It seems he wants to be a hero to these students a friend who these impressionable young people will think is a super hero. It makes me wonder if Powell himself wasn't in an alternative school when he was in school. I would like to know something has made him decide to be lenient with these students. But WHY?
I have wondered if he wasnt in alternative school. We need to post on Bedford, Ky topix and ask if anyone knows him.
Kentucky2

Atlanta, GA

#54 Apr 29, 2013
Brucie brucebruce wrote:
Are you sure you're the one to be scrutinizing how the school manages the students? I mean after all, just going by the things you yourself have posted on here, maybe your way isn't working, or your child wouldn't be placed in that school to start with.
I know you keep saying YOUR CHILD made poor choices, but it was your responsibility to teach your child right from wrong. So maybe you shouldn't be the one telling others what's right and what's wrong, because with your track record, right and wrong apperently get a little fuzzy!
Sounds like a thinly-veiled attempt to take accountability away from the school. Public schools, by their very nature of being public, must accept the hands they're dealt and work forward from that point. Your logic would have us working backward from the point of placement.
Kentucky2

Atlanta, GA

#56 Apr 29, 2013
Brucie brucebruce wrote:
Funny how you respond to post that were directed to your "mom" post, but then try to deny changing your name!! Ha hahaha!!!
Looks like someone is a little flustered!!
Just doing some follow-up and clean-up after your response to my post from another thread in which you'd misidentified me as 'mom'. As I wrote on the other thread, I don't live in Mt Sterling, don't live in Montgomery County, and don't live in Kentucky. I'm the unknown, the variable in this equation. Solve for x.
Big Boy

United States

#57 Apr 29, 2013
Brucie brucebruce wrote:
Are you sure you're the one to be scrutinizing how the school manages the students? I mean after all, just going by the things you yourself have posted on here, maybe your way isn't working, or your child wouldn't be placed in that school to start with.
I know you keep saying YOUR CHILD made poor choices, but it was your responsibility to teach your child right from wrong. So maybe you shouldn't be the one telling others what's right and what's wrong, because with your track record, right and wrong apperently get a little fuzzy!
@Mom don't worry, I have a law enforcement friend who told me to contact the PALO ALTO, CALIFORNIA POLICE DEPARTMENT I have the telephone number for Topix posters who have received threats, if you post phone numbers on topix the post will not show, therefore I will contact the number myself.,if you believe that you or your child may be in danger because of Topix post. Contact your Attorney General and let them know what has happened. I will contact the Kentucky Attorney General as well concerning the threat. Good luck to you and your child.
parent

Owensboro, KY

#58 Apr 29, 2013
you people need to mind ur own business and leave the school alone, u are angering the students and making them feel less than what they already feel! shame on all of u, karma will get u all and then u will know how it feels to be belittled. these kids are awesome kids and needed a fresh start leave it alone and let the kids enjoy their school!
Choices

Mount Sterling, KY

#59 Apr 29, 2013
Reddix wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of 34 posts only 18 remain, the ones which help a parent for the betterment of their child is gone.The gossip around town is Dusso's & Powell's secretaries are topix moderator's..supposedly school computers in their office is on topix 24/7 how convenient is this for the two ladies, I mean look at it from their advantage point...they are getting paid by taxpayers,have school benefits plus working on their retirement all the while monitoring topix. It's like government run television in Cuba,Iran, & Venezuela, I'm sure you get the picture. Loose Lips Powell according to rumor has stated these ladies can hit an edit button, then decide how to mark the post, example SPAM, obscene language, etc.. All of this according to gossip straight from Loose Lips Powell. Now we know the rest of the story
This does explain how the comments and threads are getting deleted so fast! This is sad! One name that has been named as a moderator has been in the school system for years! The other one is new so she doesn't have anything to lose. The one that has been there for years has everything to lose! I would hate to think You have that many years in and have thrown it away for the greasy pig Powell and the bald eagle Dusso! You have shown Moco where your priorities are! You have shown your true colors and they are UGLY!
What are you going to do when they are gone and you are still here! Everything that you have worked for GONE along with your self respect and any respect that we the community had for you!!

It's all about choices! We tell our children that everyday! You are an adult and you made your choice now live with it!! I sure wouldn't want to be you! What a loser!!
Kentucky2

Northwich, UK

#60 Apr 29, 2013
parent wrote:
you people need to mind ur own business and leave the school alone, u are angering the students and making them feel less than what they already feel! shame on all of u, karma will get u all and then u will know how it feels to be belittled. these kids are awesome kids and needed a fresh start leave it alone and let the kids enjoy their school!
@parent, as far as I can see from reading this thread's particular posts, I see no instances of anyone attempting to make the children feel less about themselves or any attempts to make them angry. The posts have centered around two main themes: 1) an unauthorized Sterling School Facebook page showing pictures of students taken inside their classrooms during school hours and without written parental consent, and 2) reports of students smoking cigarettes openly on school property which is an activity forbidden by the MoCo School Board approved Student Handbook.
crooks

West Liberty, KY

#61 Apr 29, 2013
Is the gym ran, by someone who worked in the school at sometime ???
Kentucky2

Northwich, UK

#62 Apr 29, 2013
crooks wrote:
Is the gym ran, by someone who worked in the school at sometime ???
Smart thinking. Follow the money...All I can learn about the Downtown Athletic Club is that a guy named Jarrod Slone is a personal trainer affiliated with the facility. I do not know who owns the place.
Kentucky2

Northwich, UK

#63 Apr 29, 2013
Let's hope Jarrod Slone is not assisting with the Sterling School's contract for PE classes at the Downtown Athletic Club. Good grief, the dude's currently in the Montgomery County Regional Jail.

http://www.whosarrested.com/kentucky/montgome...
If the Truth Be Known

United States

#64 Apr 29, 2013
Kentucky2 wrote:
Let's hope Jarrod Slone is not assisting with the Sterling School's contract for PE classes at the Downtown Athletic Club. Good grief, the dude's currently in the Montgomery County Regional Jail.
Try the name Mike Williams

https://www.google.com/url...
If the Truth Be Known

United States

#65 Apr 29, 2013
Kentucky2 wrote:
Another link might help about Mike Williams

Stinky athletic club

Mount Sterling, KY

#66 Apr 29, 2013
If the Truth Be Known wrote:
<quoted text>
Another link might help about Mike Williams
Have you heard about downtown athletic club? I don't know if the guy that owns it fosters animals or helps the humane society but, friends have told me that he lets these animals run around the gym and it is dirty and stinky. One friend of my quit going there because he is allergic to cats and the place was really hard on his allergies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 15 min Super Sleuth 3,945
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 54 min Strel 151,620
michaela manley (Oct '08) 5 hr crystal hollon 25
amber girl at cooper 6 hr Someone who knows 32
Robinn at waffle house = hawt 7 hr No not the po po 2
Heather Parker 7 hr No not the po po 5
church services at gateway cycles 9 hr In Jesus name 3

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages