Ruzzkee

Hebron, IL

#1 Feb 25, 2013
ever since they hired all of the Huddle House employees that got the axe they are just as bad as them.

The waffle house used to be good.

I went there and wondered why my Meat was not fried all the way but in turn i did not want to flat out bitch but when they told me that the cook and half the servers was from Huddle House i knew why.

Do they not realize that Huddle House closed for a reason - the reason was the workers ruined the food and was rude as hell !!
BUT
No sooner does it close then they are hiring the usless crapp from the Huddle House - Now, they will not get any more of my business - the food is too high to not get a good QUALITY.

Bitch all you want to Waffle House to Huddle House - it is the truth - You all sucked there now your destroying our Waffle House
Just Maybe

Iva, SC

#2 Feb 25, 2013
You should think about applying for a job with them...... You really seem to have so much insight about both places that instead of complaining and trying to run establishments and people in the ground, perhaps your expertise could be beneficial to them. Our hats off to the workers....thank goodness they're attempting to add to the economy instead of living off the government. But you already know that since you are an expert in the Waffle House trilogies :-)
Useless

United States

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Some of us already have jobs and pay taxes so that we can go out enjoy a good meal, that we pay for! If we pay a good price, we should get good food and that is something that is lacking in this town, pride in your work!
Just Maybe

Iva, SC

#4 Feb 25, 2013
Then perhaps instead of being so negatively boastful of the inadequacies of public places, you could be an adult about the situation and address your concerns with management. There is another alternative which I'm sure you have considered, there are other places you can dine. We take risks every time we eat out. Quite often we receive our money's worth-other times......well, not so much. A lot of problems can be resolved simply in the way we handle the solution. Eat more chicken :-)
Useless

United States

#5 Feb 25, 2013
I alway address the situation, believe me but a person has every right to come on a public forum and express their opinion, you did! By the way I am not the person who started this but as being a American citizen ( by birth) and with freedom of speech and all, I expressed my thoughts!
Just Maybe

Iva, SC

#6 Feb 25, 2013
Absolutely right! Thank goodness for our freedoms :-) No public restaurant is perfect and expectations at times are not met. If I kept count of every time I walked away disappointed we would be occupied for many hours. Thankfully, our freedoms give us many opportunities to experience different scenarios.
Agree

Winchester, KY

#7 Feb 26, 2013
Useless wrote:
Some of us already have jobs and pay taxes so that we can go out enjoy a good meal, that we pay for! If we pay a good price, we should get good food and that is something that is lacking in this town, pride in your work!
I have to agree,you hit the nail right on the head as they say.
Just Maybe

Iva, SC

#8 Feb 26, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>I have to agree,you hit the nail right on the head as they say.
It's not only in Mt Sterling, but everywhere. Like I suggested, go eat more chicken :-) Support Chik-Fila !!
Dee

Smyrna, GA

#9 Nov 12, 2013
I worked at the waffle house and I gotta say they expect you to work any shift the managers chooses when he chooses. Our schedules changed whenever they decided. For example Id work a third shift. 9 pm to 7 am. The be expected to come in for a second shift at 2 pm only, 7 hours later. Many times I would be enjoying my day off only to be called and asked where I am. They neglected to tell me they changed the schedule till the last minute.
Certain rules were imposed to some but okay to be broken by others with hair nails ect.
I was unfairly targeted by a certain manager. Even though I was always there, I was never late, I treated my customers how I would want to be treated and I was honest, it wasn't good enough for him. I was ridiculed in front of the customers by him, I felt very uncomfortable working there so basically I quit. The food was okay. All except the rotting salads. The hours were horrible, No breaks were given , and the lack of respect was even worse. I wouldn't want to work for the Waffle house ever again.
Basically you can blame this all on poor management
skills and lack of communication.
Tired of people like you

Whiteland, IN

#10 Nov 12, 2013
Just Maybe wrote:
You should think about applying for a job with them...... You really seem to have so much insight about both places that instead of complaining and trying to run establishments and people in the ground, perhaps your expertise could be beneficial to them. Our hats off to the workers....thank goodness they're attempting to add to the economy instead of living off the government. But you already know that since you are an expert in the Waffle House trilogies :-)
You're just a smart ass!! Learn to respect other peoples view, who put you in charge of the moral compass?
Tired of people like you

Whiteland, IN

#11 Nov 12, 2013
Just Maybe wrote:
Then perhaps instead of being so negatively boastful of the inadequacies of public places, you could be an adult about the situation and address your concerns with management. There is another alternative which I'm sure you have considered, there are other places you can dine. We take risks every time we eat out. Quite often we receive our money's worth-other times......well, not so much. A lot of problems can be resolved simply in the way we handle the solution. Eat more chicken :-)
"Adress your concerns with the management" Try doing tha with McDonalds. I, for one, am tired of going through the drive thru only to get home and find out that something was left out, got the wrong order or sandwich was wrong. that means that some family member doesn't eat because they screwed up, this means either drive all the way back to get it fixed, another delay while food gets cold, then when you get there they McDonalds, treats you as if you did something wrong, ask for a receipt to prove you're not lying, but the n they never give you one, you ask for a receipt but printer is always conveniently out of tape.Another "Healey family McDonalds" All anybody wants is to get there order right without hassle, we are at least entitled to that especiaaly when were paying for. Pizza Hut, you order a couple of pizzas , one pizza is wrong, they dont bring the correct one out rightaway, they wait til something else goes out in your direction, then its either cold or rubbery. Then if you complain the driver gets blamed and your pizza gets spit on.Nobody in fast food cares enough to make sure you food is correct hot and fresh like it should be. management or otherwise.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Nov 20, 2013
Tired of people like you wrote:
<quoted text>"Adress your concerns with the management" Try doing tha with McDonalds. I, for one, am tired of going through the drive thru only to get home and find out that something was left out, got the wrong order or sandwich was wrong. that means that some family member doesn't eat because they screwed up, this means either drive all the way back to get it fixed, another delay while food gets cold, then when you get there they McDonalds, treats you as if you did something wrong, ask for a receipt to prove you're not lying, but the n they never give you one, you ask for a receipt but printer is always conveniently out of tape.Another "Healey family McDonalds" All anybody wants is to get there order right without hassle, we are at least entitled to that especiaaly when were paying for. Pizza Hut, you order a couple of pizzas , one pizza is wrong, they dont bring the correct one out rightaway, they wait til something else goes out in your direction, then its either cold or rubbery. Then if you complain the driver gets blamed and your pizza gets spit on.Nobody in fast food cares enough to make sure you food is correct hot and fresh like it should be. management or otherwise.
Amen... I check the bag right at the window.. They only got away with it once. The problem is fixed THEN!!!
Just Maybe

Iva, SC

#14 Nov 20, 2013
Tired of people like you wrote:
<quoted text>You're just a smart ass!! Learn to respect other peoples view, who put you in charge of the moral compass?
I'm so glad to no longer be in Sterling-you people never change. Bottom line-if you don't like it-stay away from it. If you want to change it-DO something about it. Voice your opinion(s) to the appropriate personnel. Just what exactly are you hoping to accomplish by getting on here and whining? Seriously....step back & think what it is you are wanting to accomplish? Then see if this is really the place to get across what is bothering you. Jeez wheez..... Poor ole Sterling :-(
dirtboy

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Nov 20, 2013
WAFFLE HOUSE ROCKS. IT IS AWESOME!!!
Ben

Hammond, LA

#16 Mar 1, 2014
Dee wrote:
I worked at the waffle house and I gotta say they expect you to work any shift the managers chooses when he chooses. Our schedules changed whenever they decided. For example Id work a third shift. 9 pm to 7 am. The be expected to come in for a second shift at 2 pm only, 7 hours later. Many times I would be enjoying my day off only to be called and asked where I am. They neglected to tell me they changed the schedule till the last minute.
Certain rules were imposed to some but okay to be broken by others with hair nails ect.
I was unfairly targeted by a certain manager. Even though I was always there, I was never late, I treated my customers how I would want to be treated and I was honest, it wasn't good enough for him. I was ridiculed in front of the customers by him, I felt very uncomfortable working there so basically I quit. The food was okay. All except the rotting salads. The hours were horrible, No breaks were given , and the lack of respect was even worse. I wouldn't want to work for the Waffle house ever again.
Basically you can blame this all on poor management
skills and lack of communication.
I work for Waffle House currently. I've started a job search, because its so bad I hate myself for working there.

Waffle House, destroying humanity one employee at a time.
waffleboy

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Mar 1, 2014
Loves me some WH.
Hates me some redneck hillbilly's!!!
my2cents

Mount Sterling, KY

#18 Aug 22, 2014
I worked there in 2012. At first I liked almost everything about that place. The employees all got along , great friendly regulars , management was spot on and I thought the food was great and everyone was professional for the most part.
Then.....
He happened. He was the main wig until recently. He was disrespectful to me and every woman who worked there
He offer money , drugs , more days off /more days on all if we would give him or receive a sexual favor from him! He made us all uncomfortable and we finally stood up for ourselves and contacted the higher ups. They "investigated" and did not have!! Once I realized they weren't coming back and that he wasn't going anywhere, I walked out of there! Anyway my point is that HE was the only problem with W.H. well him and corp. Which allowed his abuse to continue.
With that said. I happy to report that 2years and a months that monster finally has been caned !!! So maybe W.H. is worth checking out again. One of the cooks is still there from when I was and he is simply amazing ! He does his best and annoys everyone else trying to get them to do the same. Lol!
hey

Mount Sterling, KY

#19 Aug 23, 2014
Some of the girls there suck too!!! LoL
Duh

Pikeville, KY

#20 Aug 24, 2014
WH is the BEST restaurant in town!! Hands down!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To the low life's on white avenue 19 min Redneck 7
beware beware beware 4 hr Concerned 44
Does anyone know Michael Ritchie? (Jul '15) 6 hr Michael 13
does anyone know jerry keller from mt. sterling (Aug '09) 6 hr Dan 62
Victoria Sain-Ingle 7 hr Looking for a goo... 1
Tammy Williams (Aug '10) 7 hr Lorilou 32
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr Lorilou 158,012

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages