Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Jan 7, 2010
What ever happened to ludes?
hushbitches

Springfield, OH

#2 Jan 7, 2010
Lemmon 714 wrote:
the pharmaceutical companies came up with a stronger tranquilizer for horses.
Help Desk

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Jan 7, 2010
hushbitches wrote:
<quoted text>the pharmaceutical companies came up with a stronger tranquilizer for horses.
Those were not "tranquilizer for horses".

sedative-hypnotic drug that is similar in effect to barbiturates, a general CNS depressant. Its use peaked in the 1960s and 1970s as a hypnotic, for the treatment of insomnia, and as a sedative and muscle relaxant.

Quaaludes became increasingly popular as a recreational drug in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The drug was used during sexual activity because of heightened sensitivity coupled with relaxation and euphoria.
pug

Mount Sterling, KY

#4 Jan 7, 2010
ha ha ha ha
OHIO COWGIRL

AOL

#5 Jan 7, 2010
I haven't heard about them in years....
zombie

Dayton, OH

#6 Jan 8, 2010
OHIO COWGIRL:"I haven't heard about them in years...."
Me either. Remember KAQ parties? Booze and 'ludes. Bad combo, but kids can be sooo dumb!

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 8, 2010
did my share.....that's why the 70's, 80', and early 90's are kinda fuzzy. That and other various chemicals and libations
hushbitches

Springfield, OH

#8 Jan 8, 2010
Help Desk wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were not "tranquilizer for horses".
sedative-hypnotic drug that is similar in effect to barbiturates, a general CNS depressant. Its use peaked in the 1960s and 1970s as a hypnotic, for the treatment of insomnia, and as a sedative and muscle relaxant.
Quaaludes became increasingly popular as a recreational drug in the late 1960s and early 1970s. The drug was used during sexual activity because of heightened sensitivity coupled with relaxation and euphoria.
thanks google...i mean help desk
The Gold Digger

Kansas City, KS

#9 Jan 8, 2010
I think that President Reagan and President Bush made the chemical companies quit making the ingredients that "garage" chemists could mix up and make qualudes. I ate my fair share of the wonder biscuits in the late 70's and early 80's. They were a very good buzz if you didn't drink too much beer. Two ludes,a six pack of beer, and couple of joints of the "Sharpsburg skullbuster" were a great way to enjoy a Saturday afternoon on the creek.
need to know

United States

#10 Jan 8, 2010
sounds like the good ol' days. granted we were young and stupid' but what fun we had. seems like the law was a lot looser then. we were aLOWED TO HAVE FUN. SO GLAD I LIVED IN THAT ERA!
Help Desk

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 Jan 8, 2010
hushbitches wrote:
<quoted text>thanks google...i mean help desk
If you had Google before you posted then you wouldn't have made that moronic assumption that it was a horse tranquilizer.
zombie

Dayton, OH

#12 Jan 8, 2010
Relax there Help Desk,lol. They may not have been intended as animal tranks but I've seen them put some big ol' boys down for the count.
im from menifee

Versailles, KY

#13 Jan 8, 2010
OHIO COWGIRL wrote:
I haven't heard about them in years....
lmao me either
what are these

Lawrenceburg, KY

#14 Jan 8, 2010
What are qualudes? I remember hearing about them but have forgotten.
Head

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Jan 8, 2010
what are these wrote:
What are qualudes? I remember hearing about them but have forgotten.
Pretty much the Oxycontin of the 70s-80s
hushbitches

Springfield, OH

#16 Jan 8, 2010
Help Desk wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had Google before you posted then you wouldn't have made that moronic assumption that it was a horse tranquilizer.
thank you...my point exactly...anyone can google numbnuts...but for your info they were called "horse tranquilizers" at one time...whether its true or not i wouldnt know nor do i care...never did a lude dude...smoked my share tho...and yours too, beeeeeeeeyatch.
Help Desk

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Jan 8, 2010
hushbitches wrote:
<quoted text>thank you...my point exactly...anyone can google numbnuts...but for your info they were called "horse tranquilizers" at one time...whether its true or not i wouldnt know nor do i care...never did a lude dude...smoked my share tho...and yours too, beeeeeeeeyatch.
Stop picking on me. I haven't had a lude in 28 years and I'm having withdrawal.......LOL
I'm glad they stopped making them or I'd probably be dead.

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Jan 9, 2010
luuuuuudes, man!!!!!!!!they were classified as a hypnotic or something akin to Valium on steroids. THE MIGHTY BISCUIT.
Gud Ole Days

Waco, KY

#19 Jan 9, 2010
Lemmon 714 wrote:
Lemmon 714 was imprinted on each pill, seen you name and brought back memories or the lack of memory after taking them.
Gud Ole Days

Waco, KY

#20 Jan 9, 2010
I remember sleeping outside in the bushes once, cause I couldn't walk up the porch stairs to get into the house. Beer and Ludes don't mix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lexi eden 1 hr No worth to society 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Wes250 137,918
William roland 1 hr Mindy brooks 5
Wild Wild West (Jan '13) 2 hr Rev Wright 956
shawnai sanders 3 hr tell me 2
walmart managers suck (Oct '10) 5 hr Olive 258
Austin Russel Murder 5 hr patty 2
Phil Rison 7 hr what 458
More from around the web

Mount Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]