“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21 May 25, 2009
peer based rehabs lack one main ingredient and that is an educated counselor, preferably one who's been there done that!
friend

Adel, GA

#22 May 25, 2009
www.samsha.com
national web site for treatment
Larry

Danville, KY

#23 May 25, 2009
Adam,are ther problems with drugs in your facility?
Does it ever happen?
I really wanted a faith based program and pathways doesnt do that. They only list medicaly approved i think.
Confused

Morehead, KY

#24 May 25, 2009
Ex shepards house inmate wrote:
<quoted text>That is true!
Are the places you talk about anything like HopeHill Childrens Home? Is it a treatment facility for young people? or is it a Detention Center?
adam

United States

#25 May 25, 2009
shepherds shelter does a great job. they do drug screening and tight security. If faith baised is what your looking for they are it. you will never find a place that drugs don't get in from time to time. It just happens but it doesn't happen often. I sugest you check it out for yourself. Go up there and ask questions. Hope Hill is a home for troubled girls. It isn't a detention center even though most of the girls have been in alot of trouble.
Confused

Morehead, KY

#26 May 25, 2009
So what is the major difference between the 2? I thought Hope Hill was faith based also? Is it just because its for children under age?
Confused

Morehead, KY

#27 May 25, 2009
P.S. Thanks for your reply.
adam

Winchester, KY

#28 May 26, 2009
yes that is the major difference and it's all gitls that are sent there by the state
not sure

Phelps, KY

#29 May 26, 2009
Dreas wrote:
do not confuse the Shepherd's House with the shepherd's Shelter as they are not even remotely the same organization. SH is good SS is a joke
i am not certain, but i think that when it was in lexington, it was the s. house and now that it is located in mt. sterling, it is called the s. shelter. you are probably talking about a different one.
not sure

Phelps, KY

#30 May 26, 2009
Ex shepards house inmate wrote:
I was there when it was in Lexington, and have had friends at the one in Mt Sterling. Most of the people that were in there either get out and get back on drugs worse then they were when they go in and end up in prison, or dead! They arent like any successful rehab. If u talk about when u used to use or the "old days" u are punished. Thats part of recovery, and they dont understand that! Most of the congregation in lexington were good people, but most of the staff were liars and really had no idea how to counsel someone at all! I would look for another place to rehab myself if i were u... As for there packet, i havent read it but i bet it all sounds good, til u actually get there and see for yourself! It was so bad in lexington that i left and turned myself back in jail, the judge gave me IOP at pathways because 15 or 20 before me had done the same thing. Good luck with your recovery!
i know what happened and i know you are being truthful about the experience you had, and you are right, a lot of them got back into trouble and went back to prison or jail.
Larry

United States

#31 May 26, 2009
Adam anything on Isaiah House I started a topix on it but cant get a reply.

Location hidden

#32 May 27, 2009
Larry wrote:
Adam,are ther problems with drugs in your facility?
Does it ever happen?
I really wanted a faith based program and pathways doesnt do that. They only list medicaly approved i think.
they have a list of all whether you want faith based or not.......and if ya just dont like pathways then go to the KADD office in J-ville.there are medically approved facilities that are faith based. if you go faith based be sure that they have real counseling ot just religious doctrine classes!

Location hidden

#33 May 27, 2009
not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
i am not certain, but i think that when it was in lexington, it was the s. house and now that it is located in mt. sterling, it is called the s. shelter. you are probably talking about a different one.
they had to change their name because there is already a Shepherd's house in lex that is a 1/2 way house and is nothing like the one that Ross set up. Sh is a good facility that helps people get back on track after rehab and the SS is a religious bootcamp with two sets of rules.

Location hidden

#34 May 27, 2009
not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
i know what happened and i know you are being truthful about the experience you had, and you are right, a lot of them got back into trouble and went back to prison or jail.
and died!
Seriously

Morehead, KY

#35 Jul 14, 2009
It's a joke. The place is a money pit. An uneducated staff simply wanting money... working in the name of the Lord?! Hahahaha, what'a joke. Way to go you losers. Go to school, GET TRAINING IN REHABILITATION, then try to help those struggling with addiction.
Ex shepards house inmate

Lexington, KY

#36 Jul 14, 2009
THE PASTOR IS CROOKED. I PITY HIM ON JUDGEMENT DAY! HE LIES TO MAKE HIMSELF LOOK GOOD, BUT WHEN HES CAUGHT IN A LIE HE JUST KICKS U OUT AND STICKS TO HIS STORY. THE JUDGE MADE HIM LOOK STUPID WHEN I WENT TO COURT, BUT THIS WAS WHEN IT WAS IN LEX! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT ARE SERIOUS ABOUT RECOVERY BUT HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY IS WHAT HE BELIEVES IN! HE IS A VERY DECEITFUL MAN, AND ITS A SHAME HE HAS SO MANY IMPORTANT PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW HIS TRUE COLORS! HE IS A PROFESSIONAL CROOK! tHATS NOT JUST MY OPINION, ITS MANY OF HIS EX INMATES OPINIONS! WE KNOW FIRST HAND HOW HE IS! MAN OF GOD MY ASS. THATS HIS COVER UP! LARRY FROST AND ANDY PROBST ARE THE GREATEST AT PATHWAYS... THEY UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS LIKE TO BE AN ADDICT IN RECOVERY. YOU CAN ACTUALLY TALK TO THEM AND THEY LISTEN!
Friend

Crest Hill, IL

#37 Jul 15, 2009
I had a realitive here and I work at a similar place and let me say the people are good and they mean well but it is very unorganized. I know more about running it than they do. I could not believe how unorganized it is. I hope they get it together b/c i really think they mean well.
recovering addict

Crossett, AR

#38 Jul 15, 2009
Recoveryworks in Georgetown is a good place but a little unorganized. To truly get the best rehabilitation experience, I would recommend goind to a bigger or better-known facility. You can look up Bradford. I think they are in a lot of southern cities, maybe even Cincy or Louisville. They have been in business for years and know what they are doing. I had a life-changing experience in Navarre, Florida at a place called Twelve Oaks. It is highly rated among rehabs. Google top-rated rehabs. You are spending $$ no matter where you go. Most of the time insurance covers the majority of the trip. Make it a good investment-it will be well worth it when that person changes back into the person you used to know and love. Good luck :)
AsIAm

United States

#39 Feb 9, 2011
Adam I just want to thank you for doing what your doing. I have a really close friend in there and it seems it's working for once. God Bless

Location hidden

#40 Feb 15, 2011
cult

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Paul 163,842
swingers. 3 hr did her 7
Steak and Shake 9 hr Boob 19
Bojangles?? 9 hr Mhm 16
Mcdonalds Pilot 10 hr MissyMae 7
Sexual intimidation 16 hr Ticked off Momma 22
Cute guy at nestle 23 hr IHS 34

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance