Help

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2009

Does anyone know what time the games are tomorrow? Are the 5/6 games at 1 and 2:30 or 10 and 11:30? And who is playing who? I missed last weeks games because I was out of town.
laughing

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

Isn't it something how the Bath Co kids were not invited to play in the tournament? Guess Montgomery Co new they would get beat by Bath Co.
laughing

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2009

who is phillip dyer?
SCR

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

laughing wrote:
Isn't it something how the Bath Co kids were not invited to play in the tournament? Guess Montgomery Co new they would get beat by Bath Co.
When my son was a 4th grader eight years ago, we went to Bath County and they tried to make our 3/4th grade team play their 5/6 grade team because " you will slaughter our boys... you are too big"! We left and went home.
hushbitches

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

laughing wrote:
we refuse to play anyone that lives in a county specifically named to remind them of their hygiene habits...its hard to tackle a stinky redneck.

Since: Nov 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

Johnb wrote:
You guys need to get rid of PHILLIP DYER!!!!!!!. He is nuts and he never played the game. A WANNA BE. He has a short fuse and needs to be banned.
He donates his time to and for the kids. I think that's a good thing.
lol

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

I heard Peyton Manning will be starting for the Bath County team. If that's the case, you don't even want to go.
proof

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Judged:

CHASITYSBITCH wrote:
Here is your problem with JR Pro football. You have a bunch of coaches that NEVER played the game….. Dwight Ackers never wore a JOCK STRAP. James Frazer didn’t were one either.Phillip Dyer never played the first down . Steve Osborne is a JOKE. Crazy Ass wife. COME ON CALL 911
It is sad that people like you are alive. The coaches donates their time and if weren't for these guys people in montgomery county would not have a youth football program. I think they do a great job. Look at all the other teams around us. They do not have half as much stuff we do. Montgomery County Jr Pro has the best field in centeral Kentucky. You have no idea how much work and time goes in for this league. If you think you can do better then step up to the plate or SHUT THE HELL UP!!! But i bet you will not. You just like to run your mouth.
agree

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Judged:

proof wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that people like you are alive. The coaches donates their time and if weren't for these guys people in montgomery county would not have a youth football program. I think they do a great job. Look at all the other teams around us. They do not have half as much stuff we do. Montgomery County Jr Pro has the best field in centeral Kentucky. You have no idea how much work and time goes in for this league. If you think you can do better then step up to the plate or SHUT THE HELL UP!!! But i bet you will not. You just like to run your mouth.
i agree!!! well said!!!
opinionated

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Phillip Dyer is a great guy! Gotta tell ya, if some grown a** man was going towards my child to physically harm him like that cave man from Bourbon co was doing that day on the field, i would have put my a** on the field between him and my son too. It's a shame grown people act worse than Preschoolers at these games.
agree too

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Judged:

First, Phillip Dyer is a good man, who has given a lot of his free time to our kids. He did what any man or woman would have done in that situation. I just think it's sad that the coaches from J.P. didn't back him up, especially after the way the parents acted in the following game.
Bourbon County came down here acting like they were on the set of a Jerry Springer show. It was sad to see those children coming off the field embarrassed by their parents. And Bath Co. didn't act much better when they came here. So, no they weren't invited to our tournament. We like to have fun, not a fight.
Phillip Dyer

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

CHASITYSBITCH wrote:
Here is your problem with JR Pro football. You have a bunch of coaches that NEVER played the game….. Dwight Ackers never wore a JOCK STRAP. James Frazer didn’t were one either.Phillip Dyer never played the first down . Steve Osborne is a JOKE. Crazy Ass wife. COME ON CALL 911
i was alerted to comments today about me on this website. This is the first time I have ever been on this website, and to read some of the foul and malicous comments made toward people really disappoints me. To see these comments made from grown adults using anonymous names speaks to each of your characters as people. You do not even know me to make comments as these, if so you would know these are false and need no discussion. Playing college ball does not make a coach. I commend all coaches for donating their time especially Dwight and James. I have rarely agreed with these coaches, but you have to respect them for what they do for the kids. It is easy for people to get on a website and degrade coaches anonymously. It takes a real person to speak with a coach and discuss these topicspersonally. There is no better reward than seeing a child excel in a sport and know you have helped along the way. Coaching is not just a few hours a week job, it takes alot from our family and personal lives to give our time to help these kids. I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments and support, and for those who would prefer to judge us as coaches I ask you come help and give a little of your time and then comment on what we do. I would like to thank you for the constructive criticism.
I am so sorry for you

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

Got to say, this is somewhat absurd. Phillip Dyer is a good man who has helped the Mongomery Co Jr Pro Football league by volunteering his time. As for the others mentioned, Coach Osborne was a three year starter in High School, Coach Frazier was a two year starter in high school. Both are good men and I respect their abilities. Coach Akers will admit to anyone who asks, he just gives his all for the kids. Football is secondary to him in that he has higher goals than teaching kids football.
I have helped work with these people in the past and my children have played for them as well. I can honestly say that they are not perfect, but , they more than overcome their shortcomings by working hard.
The people of Montgomery co should be proud to have this program. Just a few short years ago in 2004, there were 58 kids playing football in montgomery co. In 2009, 248 kids suited up and played the game.
Say what you want about youth coaches, just understand, everyone has the chance to offer their help, only few actually get off their sorry hind end's and help. Consider this a challenge to the so called experts - STEP UP, OR SHUT UP!!!
I think Bath, Rowan, Bourbon, Powell, Corbin and Nicholas Co are looking for kids to join their leagues next year. The guy's you mentioned simply went a combined 25-0 in games against these teams this year. You are right, these guy's suck.
Wise in Mt Sterling

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Phillip Dyer wrote:
<quoted text>
i was alerted to comments today about me on this website. This is the first time I have ever been on this website, and to read some of the foul and malicous comments made toward people really disappoints me. To see these comments made from grown adults using anonymous names speaks to each of your characters as people. You do not even know me to make comments as these, if so you would know these are false and need no discussion. Playing college ball does not make a coach. I commend all coaches for donating their time especially Dwight and James. I have rarely agreed with these coaches, but you have to respect them for what they do for the kids. It is easy for people to get on a website and degrade coaches anonymously. It takes a real person to speak with a coach and discuss these topicspersonally. There is no better reward than seeing a child excel in a sport and know you have helped along the way. Coaching is not just a few hours a week job, it takes alot from our family and personal lives to give our time to help these kids. I would like to thank everyone for the positive comments and support, and for those who would prefer to judge us as coaches I ask you come help and give a little of your time and then comment on what we do. I would like to thank you for the constructive criticism.
You tell em! I agree 100 percent. Those parents that do the least, speak the loudest. It was that way 10 years ago when my kids were in school, and it's still that way today. Thanks for all you do for the kids!
Willoughby

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

I just want to give a Big Thank you to all of the Jr Pro football coaches. I don't care what anyone has to say. I have been there and I have seen what you guys do for Jr Pro. I just can't understand why people have to put down the coaches. You guys have help my son become what he is today with his football. THANK YOU ALL SO MUNCH!!!!! I belive if you don't like what the Jr Pro is doing then keep your child at home.
Shawn Igo

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

the new coach in town with new talent.would love to start a select football team next year.my boy will be 8 years old formerly played with the garrard county bobcats in the somerset league. would like to talk to other coaches and kenny jones or the contact for jr. pro football.
MY boy is GREAT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Can I be an ASS-sis-tent coach so my boy can be QB????
Seminole

Englewood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

MY boy is GREAT wrote:
Can I be an ASS-sis-tent coach so my boy can be QB????
Only if you run around saying you played for Florida State. lol
select not the answer

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2009

Jr Pro football does a good job of offering all kids a chance to play on fairly matched teams. They also offer all star teams at the end of the year that are open to all kids wanting to be on the team, no tryouts or select teams. These are kids, what good is it to surround your kid with all of the best and go around beating up on teams with inferior talent. Your kid will not learn the game that way.
If your new to the area, call Dwight Akers Realty and ask about possibly coaching a team. I helped coach for for 2 years while my son played in this league. Select teams send the wrong message in Football. Football is a team sport, maybe the only true team sport that exists. The select teams I have seen in football are filled with kids that have terrible attitudes that when faced with adversity or equal talent , they crumble. Football teams and players learn from getting challenged, gut checked. The closer the teams are matched, the more often they are challenged and thus the more character that is built.
Shawn Igo

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

im serious about a select travel squad.the competition is more athletic and it better prepairs these young athletes for the next level.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of45
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Mount Sterling Forum right now

Search the Mount Sterling Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lexington Metal Systems (Nov '11) 4 min well 9
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min conservative crapola 139,031
Jailer Eric Jones 20 min Citizen 18
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min ChromiuMan 123,141
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,254
Hungry 1 hr well 10
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Republicans Are Stupid 16,040
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Sterling Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mount Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance