Mchs basketball recruiting
Ex player

Richmond, KY

#44 Dec 3, 2012
Sounds like you are in denial.
Keep It Real

Tucker, GA

#45 Dec 3, 2012
I'm just glad we finally have a coach that's not bought and paid for by a few of the wealthy families in town, and will not play kids just because their parents come to every practice and agrivate the crap out of everyone.
Happy is not going to play kids just because their families give big contributions to the athletic department, the players this year are actually going to have to earn their spot, unlike the last few years. It's about time Montgomery Co got a real coach.
cheater

Princeton, IL

#46 Dec 4, 2012
Keep It Real wrote:
I'm just glad we finally have a coach that's not bought and paid for by a few of the wealthy families in town, and will not play kids just because their parents come to every practice and agrivate the crap out of everyone.
Happy is not going to play kids just because their families give big contributions to the athletic department, the players this year are actually going to have to earn their spot, unlike the last few years. It's about time Montgomery Co got a real coach.
apparently you haven't been to a game. That's all he plays is the kids who have parents who think they are something. I won't go back into that Gym while Phil Rison is there.
THECLOSER

Mount Sterling, KY

#47 Dec 4, 2012
I dont know what game/games you watched....EVERYONE plays...kids are playing that WOULD NOT HAVE...IF NOT FOR THE HAPPY HIRE ! Go and support them or stay home...Its that simple....Let us know of one kid that did not make the team because of Happy/Parents....Just one!!!!!!!
Ex player

Richmond, KY

#48 Dec 4, 2012
Oh the coach was def brought in, bought, and been paid under the table about the few wealthy families that you speak of. I give no props to any school that recruits including the private schools, Scott Co, and sadly us @ MCHS.
cheater

Princeton, IL

#49 Dec 4, 2012
Ex player wrote:
Oh the coach was def brought in, bought, and been paid under the table about the few wealthy families that you speak of. I give no props to any school that recruits including the private schools, Scott Co, and sadly us @ MCHS.
I agree with you!! Happy is breaking little Richard Fuller who is the shadiest man around. Folks I'm on you're side but I blame Julian Tackett and Happy Osborne who are as thick as thieves and are very good friends. It is already showing that he is going to play the kids who's parents who are providing the money for him. It's a little bit ridiculous that they play a few who they are playing. Friday night they will get the living S$&! Kicked out of them. Maybe that will be a wake up call. A heard a coach say this was the best team money can buy and started laughing. It's no laughing matter to me! Cheating don't get you anywhere!
cheater

Princeton, IL

#50 Dec 4, 2012
THECLOSER wrote:
I dont know what game/games you watched....EVERYONE plays...kids are playing that WOULD NOT HAVE...IF NOT FOR THE HAPPY HIRE ! Go and support them or stay home...Its that simple....Let us know of one kid that did not make the team because of Happy/Parents....Just one!!!!!!!
Do you condone cheating? MCHS Cheats to get to state tournament. I hope you are satisfied because most of the people in Montgomery County are Embarrassed. Cheating is the only way MC can win apparently!!! Ha ha ha
Ex player

Georgetown, KY

#51 Dec 4, 2012
They all are sick. I wish someone would come down hard on them. And the people who are supporting this cheating because MCHS hasn't had success since 1995 are moron.
THECLOSER

Mount Sterling, KY

#52 Dec 4, 2012
No one can name ONE kid.....???? No one says you have to support Montgomery County sports....Clark plays Madison Central tonight both have used transfers for years....Bath, Fleming, Scott, Bullet east just to name a select few....Stay home and watch TV....enjoy!
Ex player

Georgetown, KY

#53 Dec 4, 2012
Every high school team will have some kind of transfer whether it is football, basketball, soccer, baseball, academic team, golf, etc. That isn't the point. The point is that we have multiple transfers, one out of the state, that has come in because of Happy and people like the Prewitts and Fullers. Clark Co has been up there with the likes of Scott Co with recruits. Two wrongs does not make a right. So you can go and support the corrupt system. What are these kids learning? Well if nothing else but to cheat to get on top.
Keep It Real

Tucker, GA

#54 Dec 4, 2012
Finally a coach who doesn't start someone just because their parents have money. We've not seen that in Montgomery Co for more than 20 years. If your son didn't make this team, it wasn't because his parents didn't have enough money, it was because he wasn't as good as the others.
Maybe some of you crybabies should spend less time on topix, and more time running your kids to a good basketball camp.
cheater

Niles, IL

#55 Dec 4, 2012
THECLOSER wrote:
No one can name ONE kid.....???? No one says you have to support Montgomery County sports....Clark plays Madison Central tonight both have used transfers for years....Bath, Fleming, Scott, Bullet east just to name a select few....Stay home and watch TV....enjoy!
Little Edgar fuller playing over some other players is a crying shame. Little Richard is writing the checks for the jones kid from Las Vegas rent and other things he needs. The administration is as crooked as they come. There needs to be a complete overhaul. I will stay home because I don't support cheaters. We are the talk of the Region!!!! They are saying we can't beat them so we cheat to look eye to eye with Clark,Mason and other schools that we usually lose to
cheater

Niles, IL

#56 Dec 4, 2012
Keep It Real wrote:
Finally a coach who doesn't start someone just because their parents have money. We've not seen that in Montgomery Co for more than 20 years. If your son didn't make this team, it wasn't because his parents didn't have enough money, it was because he wasn't as good as the others.
Maybe some of you crybabies should spend less time on topix, and more time running your kids to a good basketball camp.
I wouldn't let my kids play for a cheater. By the way Happy will be long gone before my son ever plays at MCHS. He is 12 yrs old and averages 27 points and 8 assists a game so I'm not worried chub!!! I can take him anywhere I want and he will play.
SCR

Lexington, KY

#57 Dec 4, 2012
cheater wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't let my kids play for a cheater. By the way Happy will be long gone before my son ever plays at MCHS. He is 12 yrs old and averages 27 points and 8 assists a game so I'm not worried chub!!! I can take him anywhere I want and he will play.
You say" I can take him...and he will play." SOUNDS LIKE A TRANSFER TO ME!!!!!!
Bob

Tucker, GA

#58 Dec 4, 2012
The same folks on here complaining about cheating are the same ones who would be on here complaining about going 15-15 and losing to Clark and Mason. Some folks just need to complain.
Bob

Tucker, GA

#59 Dec 4, 2012
A question to all the cheating complainers, what if mom and dad move their kid to Montgomery County in hopes that they may get to play for the Osborne express one day? What if they do this in middle school or elementary? Is it cheating? It is happening already.
Ex player

Georgetown, KY

#60 Dec 4, 2012
Bob, would you rather be legit and be 15-15 or being compared to UNLV or Scott Co and having a shot to make the state? I guess you condone cheating.
Keep It Real

Tucker, GA

#61 Dec 4, 2012
cheater wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't let my kids play for a cheater. By the way Happy will be long gone before my son ever plays at MCHS. He is 12 yrs old and averages 27 points and 8 assists a game so I'm not worried chub!!! I can take him anywhere I want and he will play.
I know of all the leagues in Montgomery Co, and there's only one kid in that age division who is probably averaging 25 or more points a game. I'm pretty sure you're not that child's parent, so you must not only be a crybaby, you must also be a liar.
Deuce

United States

#62 Dec 4, 2012
THECLOSER wrote:
I dont know what game/games you watched....EVERYONE plays...kids are playing that WOULD NOT HAVE...IF NOT FOR THE HAPPY HIRE ! Go and support them or stay home...Its that simple....Let us know of one kid that did not make the team because of Happy/Parents....Just one!!!!!!!
So it's your stance that every boy that tried out was offered the opportunity to be on the team? Either you had very few boys try out or your wrong. Which is it? Wrong is wrong justify it however you want.
Ex player

Georgetown, KY

#63 Dec 4, 2012
I am sure Happy plays the right players that he has. What I disagree with is bringing in players for Omar to get a chance at the state tourney and to satisfy all the people like the Fullers and Prewitts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any info needed 1 hr Secret service 7
Haney family 1 hr Elliot family 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 165,739
Larry west needs or leave town 12 hr Gary 10
Who is the toughest lawyer? 12 hr mirror mirror on ... 4
The square 13 hr Disappointed 7
Larry west is scum 14 hr B33NH3R3 7

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages