Racer X

Richmond, KY

#43 Dec 29, 2009
Addicted wrote:
I'm addicted to the Lortabs. I take them orally, don't snort them. Take anywhere from 5 to 10 per day of 7.5's. I'm suffering from depression right now cause I know how bad I'm addicted to them. Never heard of Suboxone, is this something I can ask my doctor about, or do you have to go to a clinic ?
I want to get off them, just don't know how. I tried quitting cold turkey, but thought I was going to die from withdraw.
I think the doctor has to have a special license (schedule III narcotic)but yes, ask your doctor about this. You can also find doctors in Lexington that can help with this.

“unapologetically liberal”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#44 Dec 29, 2009
Addicted wrote:
I'm addicted to the Lortabs. I take them orally, don't snort them. Take anywhere from 5 to 10 per day of 7.5's. I'm suffering from depression right now cause I know how bad I'm addicted to them. Never heard of Suboxone, is this something I can ask my doctor about, or do you have to go to a clinic ?
I want to get off them, just don't know how. I tried quitting cold turkey, but thought I was going to die from withdraw.
If your Dr. has the license to prescribe opiate he should also have one to prescribe suboxone. If you have insurance then they will pick up the cost for the suboxone in most cases. The dangerous part of eating all of those tabs is the 500 or 350mgs of Tylenol. That stuff has been found to cause liver and kidney damage in huge doses as that is in tabs, percs, darvocets, etc. This drug when dosed properly will keep you from jonesing and can be tapered down over a period of time that is much easier on you than methadone. suboxone is what they wanted methadone to be when originally discovered. so if you have the means to get on suboxone, by all means do it and reclaim your life, shed the guilt, and rejoin society. godspeed and good luck!
subversive1

Mount Sterling, KY

#45 Jul 10, 2010
I am in dr shultz clinic and this is my first week. i am worried about my first drug test coming. I have used alot of xanax the day before i joined. From past drug tests i have learned that benzodipines stay in ur system for at least a week. due to the mass doses that i have taken for years, I am sure that i will screen dirty. am I allowed any screw ups or is it a zero tolerance policy?anyone know dr shultz drug screen policy?

“Good people speak up!”

Since: Jul 10

Mount Sterling, Ky

#46 Jul 10, 2010
I am glad to hear about anyone trying to live a sober life and I wish them all the best. I support their journey into a new, clean life 100%. However, I don't think Suboxone or Methadone alone are the anwsers. Perhaps, short term, but like all opioids and opioid-like drugs long term use can and does result in addiction. The only difference is the aforementioned drugs are legally distributed, but when you think about it like that, what is the difference between that and other opioids that are legally distributed, but illegally acquired. Does the legality of the acquirement make the addiction any better or improve the users' life in any manner? Perhaps it improves their life a little bit, but not much. Both Methadone and Suboxone bind to opiod receptors. Both have a high risk of physical and psychological dependency. Suboxone is a chemical mixture of buprenophine (an opioid that produces a less "euphoric" sensation that other opioids) and naloxone (an opioid receptor blocker) when Suboxone is taken sublingually (under the tongue) it allows the buprenophine to bind the receptors to reduce withdrawl symptoms and the naloxone part of Suboxone binds receptors that are unbound by the buprenophine as to prevent other opioids (that produce greater euphoric sensations) from binding. This way it prevents withdrawal symptoms and prevents other opioids from binding most opioid receptors. However, since the buprenophrine does bind opioid receptors and produces euphoria through signal transduction down the neuron, Suboxone, like other opioids is addicitive. In this way the addicition is being transferred from heroin or morphine to Suboxone. Likewise, Methadone binds opioid receptors, turning them on, but producing less euphoria than heroin or morphine. So, therefore Methadone can result in dependency, as well. The ultimate question here is, do we want a transferrence of addiction by maintaining long term use of Suboxone and Methadone (not to be used together) or can they be used temporarily in conjunction with psychological counseling and rehabilitation to help move the user toward an addiction, dependency free life? My main concern is when clinics use these drugs as a long term treatment, when they are just designed to aid in the temporary, physical withdrawals. There is no magic pill that will take away the addiction. Becoming sober takes work, support and patience with yourself. I have spoken with many former addicts and they can attest to the personal battle their addiction caused them. Being realistic about the challenges you face on your road to recovery is just as important as making the decision to become sober. There is no shame in addiction or asking for help. There is no shame in therapy or counseling. The only shames lies in not seeking the help that is provided. Everyone has the ability to become sober if they make the decision and take the right steps. Those steps must include counseling to deal with underlying issues and to build a repertoire of coping strategies that will allow you to diffuse situations that arise and may lead you down the road to addiction again. So, if you chose Methadone or Suboxone please also make the decision to chose therapy and counseling, as well. Make the effort to tell your doctor your concerns about becoming addicted to these drugs. You don't just want to transfer your addiction to another drug, you want to be dependency free. Good luck on your journey to recovery from addiction. I wish you all the best and I hope I have helped someone. There is no simple anwser but there is support for recovering drug users. Get clean and join the drug war, we need the lessons you have learned to teach the youth the dangers of drugs. There is so much you others can learn from your journey.

Location hidden

#47 Jul 10, 2010
subversive1 wrote:
I am in dr shultz clinic and this is my first week. i am worried about my first drug test coming. I have used alot of xanax the day before i joined. From past drug tests i have learned that benzodipines stay in ur system for at least a week. due to the mass doses that i have taken for years, I am sure that i will screen dirty. am I allowed any screw ups or is it a zero tolerance policy?anyone know dr shultz drug screen policy?
xanax and most of the benzos stay in your system for about 2 weeks as they are fat soluble not water soluble. This means they attach themselves to fat cells of which the majority is in your brain.

Location hidden

#48 Jul 10, 2010
subs and methadone are to be used as short-term therapy but can and do restore lives. Methadone has pain killing qualities which subs do not so the risk of becoming addicted to them is greater than subs. subs are more than just an opioid asd they also contain naltrexone which inhibits other opioids to attach themselves to the receptor cells in the brain. I have seen subs return people to normal lives and the taper down process is much easier than with methadone because methadone has the longest half-life of all the opioids.
another drug

Newport, KY

#49 Jul 10, 2010
Subs are another opioid and I've seen as many become addicted to them as to oxys. They are only meant as a very short term med and not for months and years. The withdrawal from subs after an extended period of use is worse than from oxy.

Now, my question is...why not just stop the drug you're using? You're afraid to get sick? Please. I've never seen so many cowardly people. Instead of running from one drug to another, why don't you just grow up, suffer a few days, and then be clean? Probably for the same reason you couldn't handle life being difficult at times and ran to the first drug. Now you want another one to make it easy to get off the first one, what's next? Another drug to get off the drug that you took to get off a drug?
hello

Winchester, KY

#50 Jul 10, 2010
is this lashonda daniels
can tell

United States

#51 Jul 11, 2010
subversive1 wrote:
You will be warned maybe once or twice to stop taking benzos but if you continue to be dirty - out you go!! Happened to my friend.
can tell

United States

#52 Jul 11, 2010
Also heard their clinic costs more now since they started charging extra for drug tests so check around. you could find a better deal.
Seen it

Clarksville, TN

#53 Jul 12, 2010
another drug wrote:
Subs are another opioid and I've seen as many become addicted to them as to oxys. They are only meant as a very short term med and not for months and years. The withdrawal from subs after an extended period of use is worse than from oxy.
Now, my question is...why not just stop the drug you're using? You're afraid to get sick? Please. I've never seen so many cowardly people. Instead of running from one drug to another, why don't you just grow up, suffer a few days, and then be clean? Probably for the same reason you couldn't handle life being difficult at times and ran to the first drug. Now you want another one to make it easy to get off the first one, what's next? Another drug to get off the drug that you took to get off a drug?
Works for some people who have been addicts for a short time, but if you are an addict for years it can kill you if you go cold turkey. Beer can do the same thing, if you are a drunk for years the withdrawel can and will kill you.

Location hidden

#54 Jul 12, 2010
Seen it wrote:
<quoted text>
Works for some people who have been addicts for a short time, but if you are an addict for years it can kill you if you go cold turkey. Beer can do the same thing, if you are a drunk for years the withdrawel can and will kill you.
here are the dangerous and potentially life threatening crashes benzo-all of 'em if ya been doin em long enough and in mass quantities, alcohol-same conditions, barbituates-benzo's took their place in the pecking ordrr oif dope to get a buzz on. Back in the day folks ate tuinals, Seconal, Nebutals. Opiates wont kill ya in withdrawal, they just make you wish you were dead. I spent 3 weeks in a bathroom living in my bathtub detoxing off of dilaudid in the mid 70's. Felt like shit for the whole time until someone told me I could fight all of the symptoms individually. They didn't go away but made it easier to deal with. Too much coke and meth can make you stroke out but the withdrawal wont kill you. It's just a matter of discomfort and earning the right to be clean.
My Boyz

Mount Sterling, KY

#55 Jul 16, 2010
I have been on suboxone for almost two years and i have cut myself back to a half a day, but when I go more than 24 hours without at least a half I get withdraws sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to be completely clean of any habit! Maybe someone can answer that for me cause sometimes I get really depressed thinking I will spend the rest of my life taking suboxone.
Right

Newport, KY

#56 Jul 17, 2010
That's the problem with substituting another opiod. Somehow we've been given the idea that suboxone is a harmless drug with no withdrawal and it's not. Actually because it isn't viewed as a drug but as a "cure", a safety net, it becomes even more abused. Used as a short term detox tool, it works. If taken for extended periods, it becomes another drug to withdraw from.

But the docs are making a lot of money from it.

Location hidden

#57 Jul 17, 2010
My Boyz wrote:
I have been on suboxone for almost two years and i have cut myself back to a half a day, but when I go more than 24 hours without at least a half I get withdraws sometimes I wonder if I will ever be able to be completely clean of any habit! Maybe someone can answer that for me cause sometimes I get really depressed thinking I will spend the rest of my life taking suboxone.
slowly start cutting back even more. A small amount at a time and before you know it you're taking that amount every other day until..........CLEAN. And I hope you are getting therapy along with the meds.
suboxone wd

Newport, KY

#58 Jul 17, 2010
This is one of the many stories of sub withdrawal from longer term use:

zman-so very glad you think so. I don't know if you realize this, but most people on here have tried it all. I was on oxy's for some time and then switched to subs. Unfortunately, I was uneducated on the right way to take subs. I'm kicking myself for not just kicking oxy when I had the chance instead of putting myself through this PURE HELL.
Of course it depends on the person, how long they were an addict for, and how long they were on subs for.
But not half as bad? Tell that to my severe insomnia and horrible nightmares when I do happen to catch a wink or two. or to my restless leg syndrome, which is really restless body syndrome. I love rocking back and forth in agony all night long while my husband is sleeping peacefully beside me. great feeling. My anxiety level is out of this world to the point that I can't even leave my house. This is 8 days later, and I swear my symptoms get worse by the day. I also love the inibility to eat, but somehow still run to the bathroom with rheah every half hour.Not to mention how much work it takes to walk from one roon to the next without your legs giving out. The severe depression is pretty cool too. My 2 year old tries to run up to me and say hi mommy!! and I can barely get oout the words hey my little bug! without crying hysterically.
Oxy's were bad yes, but I should have kicked those instead and I would have had my life backalot longer ago.
Subs are doable, but the withdrawls last A HELL OF ALOT LONGER-and you better clear your calander for at least a week if not two, and have lots of support from family and friends to help you out. I have all of this support and this has still been my worst nightmare.
Subs should only be used for a very short detox from opiats, otherwise...welcome to hell

Location hidden

#59 Jul 17, 2010
detoxing from k4's was hell.......never had to do subs but I spent 2 weeks in the bathroom sleeping in the tub because that's as close as I could get to the toilet without being in it. go out and get over the counter meds for all the symptoms you have. It wont make them go away but makes it tolerable. And be sure you get some Midol or Pamprin for the cramps and anxiety. It let me leave the bathroom a week early.
hell

Newport, KY

#60 Jul 17, 2010
Dreas wrote:
detoxing from k4's was hell.......never had to do subs but I spent 2 weeks in the bathroom sleeping in the tub because that's as close as I could get to the toilet without being in it. go out and get over the counter meds for all the symptoms you have. It wont make them go away but makes it tolerable. And be sure you get some Midol or Pamprin for the cramps and anxiety. It let me leave the bathroom a week early.
It's all hell but I'm just convinced that suboxone is only another opioid to withdraw from IF used for more than 2 weeks. There just isn't a free ride off this drug, and of course the best thing to do is stay away from it. If, however, you find that you're in over your head with it and it's affecting your life negatively, then it's up to YOU to fix it. That might require some discomfort but hey, what did you expect? There are consequences for every bad decision. You won't die from withdrawal from oxy. You will be very sick and have a multitude of symptoms that you can relieve on an individual basis, but you will not die. Dehydration is another matter entirely - if you're not eating/drinking or vomiting everything, you will get in trouble.

The whole take a pill solution is just out of hand and causing so much agony to people, innocent or not. Pick your dumbass up and suffer through the 3-4 days of being sick, be weak as hell for a week or so, and then repair all the damage you've done to everyone around you while you were high.

Or keep paying 500 a month to a doctor who is getting you addicted to yet another drug that - guess what?- you're going to get sick when you stop taking it (if long term).

Location hidden

#61 Jul 17, 2010
I believe in sub therapy if done correctly but feel that you gotta earn your sobriety!
Anubis

Ville Platte, LA

#62 Aug 23, 2010
Dreas wrote:
<quoted text>
If your Dr. has the license to prescribe opiate he should also have one to prescribe suboxone. If you have insurance then they will pick up the cost for the suboxone in most cases. The dangerous part of eating all of those tabs is the 500 or 350mgs of Tylenol. That stuff has been found to cause liver and kidney damage in huge doses as that is in tabs, percs, darvocets, etc. This drug when dosed properly will keep you from jonesing and can be tapered down over a period of time that is much easier on you than methadone. suboxone is what they wanted methadone to be when originally discovered. so if you have the means to get on suboxone, by all means do it and reclaim your life, shed the guilt, and rejoin society. godspeed and good luck!
\The Dr. must have a special DEA number just for writing suboxone. Unfortunate, its much easier to get the opiates than the cure. Suboxone plus an outpatient treatment program is probably about the best path to quit (i've been through the rehab process a few times). Suboxone is a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is a partial opiate agonist and naloxone is an opiate antagonist. Pain mediactions like hydrocodone, oxycodone, and methadone are full opiate agonists. It does wonders relieving withdrawl symptoms. Also, the buprenorphine uptakes into opiate receptors faster than other opiates, so between it and the naloxone (opiate antagonist) it also has a blockade effect. Other opiates will not get to the receptors, so when you know that taking lortabs, narcos, etc., it helps not think about chasing them. taking them wouldn't do anything, so why waste the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has anyone illegally claimed your children on t... (Mar '11) 30 min Kelsey 194
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 59 min CriminalForever 156,572
Captain D's 2 hr Tiny 2
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 3 hr Josh 4,474
Terry Roland graduated in mid 80s 7 hr getting old 1
Steak and shake 7 hr Lol 4
An open letter to the woman who slept with my h... (Oct '15) 15 hr Cindy 65

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages