seriously

Mount Sterling, KY

#21 Feb 10, 2009
Look, i have no room to throw stones concerning .... well anything really .... but if you stand back and look at this objectively you can't possibly convince yourself that smoking pot during pregnancy won't affect your babies growth. Look at how it inhibits you;your senses, your reactions, your ability to think clearly .... you think it's gonna do all this to you and not have the same inhibiting effect on your baby?? Come on now...
hmmm

Macon, GA

#22 Feb 11, 2009
Any mother who would put their unborn babies life in danger deserves to have that child took away!!! I am currently 7 months pregnant and WOULD NEVER think of putting something into my body that I knew could hurt my child. And yes if a woman who is pregnant is found doing drugs, she can be locked away where she is monitored and once she has her baby it is taken away! There are so many women out there who would give anything to have a baby and then you have these immature,drug using pregnant women who just dont simply care about anything except getting high!

“If I pissed you off then I won”

Since: Feb 09

BFE, Kentucky

#23 Feb 11, 2009
I really hate putting my foot in my mouth but if you go back and read my earlier posts I blasted moms for smoking weed while pregnant. Then I did a little research and came across this comment from an article on the internet:

As anyone with any true interest in this subject know, Dr. Melanie Dreher's comprehensive study in Jamaica showed definitively, that smoking cannabis while pregnant in no way impaired the development of the fetus. In addition, neonates tested at 30 days did better than cannabis deprived control babies. A follow up after five years showed that children of cannabis users did just as well in school and socially as children of non-cannabis users, and in some areas did better."

I'm still looking for more info on this doctor but I'm gonna have to retract my previous statement and withhold judgement for now

BFE, Kentucky

#24 Feb 11, 2009
Ok. I found the study and smoking marijuana while ur pregnant makes you an unfit parent and your doctor should have his liscense revoked. Read for yourself. Read the whole article though. The first part says it didnt affect the child but 2 different follow up studies were done and proved that smoking marijuana does damage children in the long run

http://www.medicalcannabis.com/pregnancy.htm
tbone

Ashburn, GA

#25 Feb 11, 2009
BACK OFF THE PREGO wrote:
<quoted text>
look guys when i was pregnant with my son, i lost 27 lbs and had no desire to eat. my dr told me that as long as i didn't go over board... to smoke pot.because i asked if there was anything to make me hungry. my son was born 7 1/2 lbs 20 1/2 inches long. how many people do know does everything the "books" tell you to do while pregnant? pot is an herb and much less harmfull than most the crap we put into our bodies everyday
pot is not an herb, it's a weed!look up the definition of herb and see if pot qualifies. dont ever put ANYTHING in your body that is mood altering when pregnant thc is a drug that will pass through the placenta into the fetuses body. your kid'll be born stoned!
Yup Yup

Mount Sterling, KY

#26 Feb 11, 2009
Unless something has changed in the last couple of years, "supposedly" there is nothing that can be done to pregnant drug users...and obviously nothing that gets done when their babies die as a result. There is peice of trash here in Mt. Sterling (D.C.) that had a baby a couple of years ago, did drugs while she was pregnant and everyone knew but said that they couldn't do anything. Social Services was there and removed the baby at birth. He had to be taken to UK and never made it out of the hospital to the family that loved him. Now this "girl", and I use that term loosely because that would imply that she is human while her conduct would not, is still just out here running around, doing drugs having a good ole time, while her poor little boy is in gone. I think she should be charged with murder but according to our prosecutors nothing can be done because a baby isn't a person until it takes its first breath and she didn't do anything to him after he was born...all the damage was done prior to birth. How can anyone feel a baby move, see it on an ultrasound, know it's growing inside you and still use drugs or do anything to harm it is beyond me.

Danville, KY

#27 Feb 11, 2009
look... i am not saying to do coke, crack meth or even drink. but when it come to pot guys... seriously! is it an inhibitor...yes, but so is chocolate, are you telling me you would crusify a woman for eating chocloate while pregnant? my child is 4 yrs old and i smoked for a purpose while pregnant. to make me hungry... not to get f***ing high! and my child is perfectly normal and healthy, and he was normal size and weight. so tell me how this screwed up my child so badly???

BFE, Kentucky

#28 Feb 11, 2009
something to ponder wrote:
look... i am not saying to do coke, crack meth or even drink. but when it come to pot guys... seriously! is it an inhibitor...yes, but so is chocolate, are you telling me you would crusify a woman for eating chocloate while pregnant? my child is 4 yrs old and i smoked for a purpose while pregnant. to make me hungry... not to get f***ing high! and my child is perfectly normal and healthy, and he was normal size and weight. so tell me how this screwed up my child so badly???
The link I posted earlier shows much of the damage occurs later on in life. Your child is more likely to do drugs themself and be more succeptable to mental diseases. You should really go read the article. BTW, you seriously didnt compare chocolate to pot, did you? You get a big baggie of pot and i'll get 5 lbs of hershey chocolate and we'll both go into MSPD and turn ourselves in. Who do you think is gonna get out first. Pot is an illegal drug and chocolate is not even in the same class as pot. If its the same thing then why didnt you eat chocolate so you'd be hungry when u were pregnant instead of firing up a doobie. Simple truth is that your a dope head who used any excuse to get high while she was pregnant. You put your childs life in danger and your one sick twisted bitch for doing it. I hope you lose your child in the near future

Mount Sterling, KY

#29 Feb 11, 2009
this is from that article about smoking pot while pregnant...now you tell me

8. Marijuana use during pregnancy will cause fetal problems. As a general rule, any medication/drug should be used with great caution during pregnancy because of the potential risk to the fetus. The mothers' use of tobacco, alcohol or other drugs, or lack of prenatal care has confounded most U.S. studies on the use of marijuana during pregnancy. Studies by Melanie Dreher, PhD, RN conducted in Jamaica and Dr. Peter Fried in Canada show minimal effects on the fetus during pregnancy. Both researchers have continued to follow the infants through longitudinal studies and found no significant developmental problems. Fried did report a poorer score on an "executive functioning" skill in children ages 9 to 12 years of age, but even Dr. Fried has questioned the significance of this measurement.
So sad

Winchester, KY

#30 Feb 11, 2009
Well first, please don't think that I'm trying to pick on you by any means or trying to judge you. I know if you love your child that you would not hand him a joint to let him smoke it but this is exact what you was doing to your unborn baby. Why did you doctor not prescribe phenergan or some other antiemetic for the nausea or vomiting?

Mount Sterling, KY

#31 Feb 11, 2009
So sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Well first, please don't think that I'm trying to pick on you by any means or trying to judge you. I know if you love your child that you would not hand him a joint to let him smoke it but this is exact what you was doing to your unborn baby. Why did you doctor not prescribe phenergan or some other antiemetic for the nausea or vomiting?
it was not nausea, i had absolutely no desire to eat and had to force myself. i asked him if there was anything out there that would make me hungry and this was what he suggested. i walked into the hospital 3 lbs less than i started, and it wasn't like i would set around and smoke pot all day... good lord! i smoked maybe a dime bag a week or so... and for anybody who knows anything about pot. that si not much at all.

BFE, Kentucky

#32 Feb 12, 2009
no matter what you say you can't justify smoking dope while pregnant. You should change your name here on topix and never speak of it again because no person in their right mind is gonna agree with or support your attempted murder of your unborn child.
tbone

Lexington, KY

#33 Feb 12, 2009
if you put anything that gets you a buzz in your body while you're pregnant you're committing child abuse. DR. tell you to try to quit smoking, drinking caffeine, quit drinking alcohol, do dope-and weed is dope. smoke it all you want and gum up your head after, unless you breast feed. But if you're getting buttered while pregnant you dont deserve your child and it should be removed from you until you can prove you're a fit mother.
WhoMe

Mount Sterling, KY

#34 Feb 12, 2009
why so you can try to get him in trouble???
No dumbazz. I'm just saying NO Dr. is going to say something like that unless you were going to Dr. Dreor maybe that Dr. Bombay from the old Bewitched show.

Mount Sterling, KY

#35 Feb 12, 2009
give me a break man, people wanna say dont take any mind altering agent, do you not know depressed pregnant women on meds to offset the depression, and you can take loratabs and all other sorts of drugs while pregnant. and for you to say i am an unfit mother... you can kiss my ass! you dont know me, so don't f***ing judge me! i am a damn good mother and my son is very well taken care of, so dont act like you know me, my son, or my life! i was not just sitting around getting toasted all day! and i aint goin anywhere!
wow

Manchester, KY

#36 Feb 12, 2009
Anyone thinking thats is ok to smoke weed during pregnancy should do some research....

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-safe-to-s...

And for those who are using the excuse of... oh I needed weed to eat thats just pathetic! There is safer medication that your doctor could put you on to make you want to eat. I am 7 months pregnant and the thought of taking or doing something that I know could cause harm to my child makes me sick!!!!! I wont even take a tylenol!!

Mount Sterling, KY

#37 Feb 12, 2009
you name me the medication... i would love to know. i asked him and this is what he suggested, wasnt like i was smoking and needed an excuse to continue!
So sad

Winchester, KY

#38 Feb 13, 2009
Megace and Marinol are used to stimulate the appetite. So did your OB write you a prescription for the pot?

Mount Sterling, KY

#39 Feb 13, 2009
are these the drugs gien to cancer patients and aids victims?

and yeah he he wrote it on a pad and i took it to the local pharmacy... dumbass

BFE, Kentucky

#40 Feb 13, 2009
no real doctor is going to tell you to go get illegal drugs and do them. Thats against the hipocratic oathe and they would lose their liscense for it. Your such a friggin moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 1 min Josh 4,440
Older gal looking for younger 29 min Get Out Jose 92
Worst addicts in town 1 hr PolarPop84 56
Circle k employees 2 hr Derek 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr North Mountain 156,511
Kala lilly 2 hr kala kala 13
Amber at Cooper 22 hr Fahlai 7

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages