First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hmmmmmm

Campton, KY

#1 Apr 30, 2009
I recently heard about someone picking up a hitchhiker on I 64 in the last couple of months and having an unusual experience. I also heard the person I heard about was not the first person to have this experience. I'm really interested in knowing if it's true and if anyone else has heard about it or had it happen. If you know about it, it's something definitely to share because it might help someone.
rosy

Mount Washington, KY

#2 Apr 30, 2009
I don't know anything,but last week on my way to work,it was still a little dark,and I saw a hitchiker walking,thought it to be odd,since you never see them.He was just walking real slow,was no car around anywhere close.Most people know hitchikers aren't allowed on the highway,so I thought it kinda odd.But I am afraid to pick up so I went on.
I think I know

Ashland, KY

#4 Apr 30, 2009
I think I know about the incident you are talking about... There was a lady going down the road and she came upon a Hitch Hiker...she would have normally passed them by but...she felt impressed to stop and pick him up...

She pulled over and he got in the back seat..She asked about the weather or something to start a conversation...he told her, "JESUS was coming soon!"...she looked in her rear view mirror to respond to him and he was no longer there...

She became a little "addled" b/c of the incident and was driving a little eratic....a State Trooper pulled over and asked if she was Feeling OK?! She told him, "You won't believe the story I'm about to tell you"... and then he replied..."Mam, you are not the first to tell me the same story!" He had pulled over others that same day with the exact same story!

*The man that told me that story was the Brother-In-Law of the woman that this happened to about 3 weeks ago.....
Hmmmmmm

Campton, KY

#5 Apr 30, 2009
Yep that's what I was talking about...I did a search after I posted and variations of that story are all over the place. The one I heard was that a girl that my friend knows was going home from work at Cracker Barrell and picked up this guy even though she normally wouldn't. He got in the backseat and she asked him where he needed to go and he didn't answer, so she asked again and he said either "The trumpet is at his lips" or "The trumpet is at my liips" and when she looked back he was gone. MSPD supposedly told her it was the sixth time they'd heard it. That was about a month ago, give or take a week or so. If it's true it's amazing, if not its very sad that people make things like that up. I'm happy to know there are angels out there.
Hmmmmmm

Campton, KY

#8 Apr 30, 2009
utrickedme wrote:
oh my bad...after i asked her about the weather she said "can i play yer skin flute before jesus comes back".
I pity you

Since: Feb 09

Jeffersonville,Ky

#10 Apr 30, 2009
Okay...for one thing why would any woman by themselves be stupid enough to pick up a man on the interstate this day and time?With the Ted Bundys and other freaks we hear of all the time? Come on.Another point,who would allow a hitch hiker to get the BACK seat rather than the FRONT seat IF they were to pick up a complete stranger off the interstate?Wouldn't that make the woman even MORE vulnerable if the dude were like a crazy mad man?Sorry,it just makes no sense to me.While I do believe God has his ways of doing things,he does NOT need help by people making up sad,pathetic urban legends.Good grief.
Umm

United States

#12 Apr 30, 2009
Hmmmmmm wrote:
Yep that's what I was talking about...I did a search after I posted and variations of that story are all over the place. The one I heard was that a girl that my friend knows was going home from work at Cracker Barrell and picked up this guy even though she normally wouldn't. He got in the backseat and she asked him where he needed to go and he didn't answer, so she asked again and he said either "The trumpet is at his lips" or "The trumpet is at my liips" and when she looked back he was gone. MSPD supposedly told her it was the sixth time they'd heard it. That was about a month ago, give or take a week or so. If it's true it's amazing, if not its very sad that people make things like that up. I'm happy to know there are angels out there.
Whether this is true or not, angels are all around. I hope this is true, even if it isn't, it is a wonderful story.
With many people with the mindset of Utrickedme, it will be a relief when the trumpet sounds and our Lord splits the eastern sky. Yes, I pity those who choose not to believe, but God will force no man to heaven.
Prayers and blessings to all who read this.
Ummm

United States

#14 Apr 30, 2009
PSRH wrote:
Okay...for one thing why would any woman by themselves be stupid enough to pick up a man on the interstate this day and time?With the Ted Bundys and other freaks we hear of all the time? Come on.Another point,who would allow a hitch hiker to get the BACK seat rather than the FRONT seat IF they were to pick up a complete stranger off the interstate?Wouldn't that make the woman even MORE vulnerable if the dude were like a crazy mad man?Sorry,it just makes no sense to me.While I do believe God has his ways of doing things,he does NOT need help by people making up sad,pathetic urban legends.Good grief.
I picked up a man one day. He wasn't an angel, but I just felt compelled to pick him up. I warned him first that I was the mental one and not to try anything. haha lol Turned out he was a Gulf War Vet,
I think it is a sad world and time for Jesus to come because we can no longer love our neighbor or help our fellow man in time of need.
How can anyone live the ten commandments?
Hmmmmmm

Campton, KY

#15 Apr 30, 2009
Religion and our beliefs are about faith and trust not logic. Is it logical that all the heavens and the earths were created in six days by one being? No but do I believe with everything I am? You betcha. As far as picking up hitchhikers, I've never had an experience like this and have rarely picked up hitchhikers but the times I did, I knew it would be ok...God protects his children and sometimes he has plans for us that seem strange to us but he lets us know that it will be ok. I agree, true or not it's a nice story.
There will be day

Flatwoods, KY

#16 Apr 30, 2009
utrickedme wrote:
*The man that told me that story was the Brother-In-Law of the woman that this happened to about 3 weeks ago.....
so this was a third hand account of this story....the legend grows
*What you are saying is TRUE...to the fact that I did not personally speak to the WOMAN but her Brother-in-law goes to our church and told us about this incredible story... I only shared it on here to see if that was the same story the other person was talking about..

WHETHER you Believe that encounter or not:
There will be a day that "EVERY KNEE will BOW and EVERY TONGUE Confess that JESUS CHRIST is LORD!"
He went away to perpare a place for us and PROMISED that HE would one day return to take his CHILDREN HOME!

* I look forward to the day that I will GO HOME with JESUS-MY SAVIOUR!

Jeffersonville,Ky

#18 Apr 30, 2009
You know,I hear people say that all the time-God will protect his own,but God does expect us to use the good common sense he gave us, too.Bad things DO happen to Christians.It's a matter of fact. No,I DO NOT live in fear,but I do take into consideration my child and how her life would be if something would happen to me.To the person who said God wont force man into heaven-no he ALLOWS every man into heaven.
Point One: There will be a day that "EVERY KNEE will BOW and EVERY TONGUE Confess that JESUS CHRIST is LORD!" EXACTLY. That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.—Isaiah 45:23 EVERY KNEE and EVERY TONGUE.Not SOME .ALL. ALL.
Point Two:4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Tim 2:4 God will have ALL to be saved.
I'm all for helping out my fellow man,I just use good judgment .I think God expects us to use good judgment in the physical world,just as in the spiritual world.
Hummm

United States

#19 Apr 30, 2009
PSRH wrote:
You know,I hear people say that all the time-God will protect his own,but God does expect us to use the good common sense he gave us, too.Bad things DO happen to Christians.It's a matter of fact. No,I DO NOT live in fear,but I do take into consideration my child and how her life would be if something would happen to me.To the person who said God wont force man into heaven-no he ALLOWS every man into heaven.
Point One: There will be a day that "EVERY KNEE will BOW and EVERY TONGUE Confess that JESUS CHRIST is LORD!" EXACTLY. That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.—Isaiah 45:23 EVERY KNEE and EVERY TONGUE.Not SOME .ALL. ALL.
Point Two:4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
1Tim 2:4 God will have ALL to be saved.
I'm all for helping out my fellow man,I just use good judgment .I think God expects us to use good judgment in the physical world,just as in the spiritual world.
I like while reading the New Testament in order of the books, the Bible states every knee SHOULD bow, read on and several books over, He states every knee WILL bow.
Like I said, I felt compelled to pick this fellow up. As it turned out, someone had picked him up earlier and brought him far out of his way. I believe it is just about as dangerous for the hitchhiker as the person who picks them up. I don't pick up everyone I see, but I hate that I cannot help my fellow man without fear of being hurt.
I often think of the Good Samaritan. In this day and time, the priest and Levite would have been guilty under the law of neglecting a person in need, and could receive jail time. Times and circumstances have certainly changed.
I hope this story does not open up a pandora's box for hitchhikers on I-64. True angels will only appear to the select, I believe. Whether this story is true or not, it has opened a discussion about Jesus and the second coming. I believe He is coming soon. I hope so anyway.
Ummmm

United States

#20 Apr 30, 2009
utrickedme wrote:
if u mean the mindset to poke fun at adults that waste time with childish fantasies, then i agree...if u folks want to talk about hayzuse without comments from me, start a BIBLE STUDY instead of FAIRIE TALE...doesnt the bible say "when i became a man, i put away childish things" grow up folks, seriously
Read what you wrote. It is time you put away your childish things and stop wasting time.

Jeffersonville,Ky

#21 Apr 30, 2009
"the Bible states every knee SHOULD bow"...
Not here to argue. I get where you see that,butonce again,ANOTHER scripture for you.
Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess.More so...Romans 10:9-13 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Believe you me...once someone is standing before the Lord God,they WILL believe.There will be NO DOUBTS.
Hummm

United States

#22 Apr 30, 2009
PSRH wrote:
"the Bible states every knee SHOULD bow"...
Not here to argue. I get where you see that,butonce again,ANOTHER scripture for you.
Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess.More so...Romans 10:9-13 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Believe you me...once someone is standing before the Lord God,they WILL believe.There will be NO DOUBTS.
Not here to argue either. I just thought it was interesting that the Bible states "we should " (given choice) then later "we shall" ( no choice). We will all bow before the Lord, believers and non-believers alike. Have you ever used Bible.com It is a good site. I like it.
Hope you have a good day, and I would LOVE to encounter an angel :-)!!!!
oldie

Mount Sterling, KY

#23 Apr 30, 2009
this story has been around since the 1950s

many many people have repeated this thru the years, i remember it being told that this couple picked up a man on owingsville road before the interstate ever existed, the same occurance then as you speak of now, many many have supposedly been touched by this experience, true or not it is a good story. remember we entertain Angels unaware, any stranger could be an ANGEL.
Hummm

United States

#24 Apr 30, 2009
oldie wrote:
this story has been around since the 1950s
many many people have repeated this thru the years, i remember it being told that this couple picked up a man on owingsville road before the interstate ever existed, the same occurance then as you speak of now, many many have supposedly been touched by this experience, true or not it is a good story. remember we entertain Angels unaware, any stranger could be an ANGEL.
God bless you!
I heard it

Pikeville, KY

#25 Apr 30, 2009
I heard about this hitchiker also. The lady was going to Winchester. She said she was really scared and when she looked back he was gone.
Hummm

United States

#26 Apr 30, 2009
Probably from Hank Williams song "The Ride".
good ole boy

Winchester, KY

#27 Apr 30, 2009
100% pure unadultrated URBAN MITH HORSESHIT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Pikeville Parent 160,736
Chicken sh?? Pos 1 hr Jason 6
What do you know about Bub Baker and Scarlet Ki... (May '10) 5 hr Opinionated 27
I Love Mapleton Day 6 hr CigarBurn 1
no more restraunts 6 hr Dante 15
Stewart Creekmoore is OUT 11 hr Knew him once I b... 2
Brenda Williams class of 86 (Apr '16) 12 hr her husband 153

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages