Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138439 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#87275 Sep 18, 2012
spaceship earth_ss wrote:
Romney shows disdain for 47% of all americans.
Video below.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/...
He just pointed out that 47% of Americans have become a dependent class and have lost themselves to the will of an elite class that uses them while keeping them from being the best they can be...

London, KY

#87277 Sep 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
NOT the 'Cause'....
Sick people over there!
I seen that video they 'say' they are fighting over...
It's right out of their religious teachings!
Mohammudd running from the devil... that obviously
over took him, and won!
The early teachings were peacefull, and supercieded by
the murderous teachings!
Moderate Muslims mostly understand this, and some
switch to Christianity at the peril of their lives!
I've got a link of an ex-muslim having his head cut off
for not renouncing Christianity... Gross!
Our God says to Love, and forgive them, and so I do!
Hey.. I wonder if my youtube videos will cause any riots?

http://youtu.be/BFwcymnD-hk

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#87278 Sep 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
He just pointed out that 47% of Americans have become a dependent class and have lost themselves to the will of an elite class that uses them while keeping them from being the best they can be...
Do you refer to the oil companies and other large corporations that get tax dollars instead of paying tax? Or defense contractors that reap huge profits from the (republicans) wars?

London, KY

#87279 Sep 18, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Do you refer to the oil companies and other large corporations that get tax dollars instead of paying tax? Or defense contractors that reap huge profits from the (republicans) wars?
Nope...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#87280 Sep 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
What he said was that the freeloading 47% will vote for Obama no matter what. By that rationale adding swing voters means Romney doesn't stand a snowball's chance of winning the popular vote. Maybe someday we can get a math teacher to run for office.
DAVE

Livingston, TN

#87281 Sep 18, 2012
Romney is a mormon who doesnt pay taxes..

Who are the 47% of Americans Romney Attacked?

They are probably not the moocher class that Romney envisioned when he made the comments. They are a diverse group and don’t pay federal income tax for a diverse set of reasons:

Mostly, they are either too poor to qualify for even the lowest tax bracket (but still pay federal payroll tax, and state or local sales taxes, gas taxes, and excise taxes), or they benefit from tax credits for the working poor, the elderly, or students.
Active duty military in combat zones
Students
Seniors – one in five of those that pay no federal income taxes are elderly.
Working Americans – 61 percent have jobs and pay 15.3 percent of their income in payroll taxes
Fully 83 percent of those paying no federal income taxes are either working or are elderly.
As Ezra Klein noted, a good many of them appear to pay a higher share of their income in taxes than Mitt Romney himself:

“Among the Americans who paid no federal income taxes in 2011, 61 percent paid payroll taxes — which means they have jobs and, when you account for both sides of the payroll tax, they paid 15.3 percent of their income in taxes, which is higher than the 13.9 percent that Romney paid.”

The Atlantic points out that the 47% are more heavily concentrated in red states than blue ones:

BOTTOM LINE: We need a president of all Americans, not one who writes off nearly half of Americans – seniors, veterans,students, and working people – simply because he believes they are “entitled”“victims” who will “never”“take personal responsibility and care for their lives.”

“There is no god”

War, WV

#87282 Sep 18, 2012
So Romney wants two classes of people, those he does not care about and claims are worthless and those who have a good job? Sounds like nobility and peasants to me

London, KY

#87283 Sep 18, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What he said was that the freeloading 47% will vote for Obama no matter what. By that rationale adding swing voters means Romney doesn't stand a snowball's chance of winning the popular vote. Maybe someday we can get a math teacher to run for office.
No it isn't what he said... That may be what you heard but wasn't what he said...

I would just be happy with other than an amateur sitting in the big chair...

London, KY

#87284 Sep 18, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
So Romney wants two classes of people, those he does not care about and claims are worthless and those who have a good job? Sounds like nobility and peasants to me
Sounds like those that work and those that suck the life out of a nation to me....

London, KY

#87285 Sep 18, 2012
DAVE wrote:
Romney is a mormon who doesnt pay taxes..
From what he has produced he has paid more taxes than you have made in your entire life, that is unless your a millionaire....
Please explain

Columbia, KY

#87287 Sep 18, 2012
Lets breakdown the 47% of "moochers" "that suck the life out of the nation". 28.3% pay payroll tax (you have to have a job to pay payroll tax!) 10.3% are the elderly that spent their working lives paying taxes and are receiving their previously taxed income. So 38.6 % of the 47% are working (not mooching) or have worked previously (non-moochers of the past). That leaves roughly 10% that didn't earn enough income to qualify to pay taxes. Most of which are students and part-time workers. So the solution to save our nation is to raise taxes on these people...the elderly, the working poor, and students. That's gonna save America and restore our Greatness? Taking more money from the consumers, I'm sure that will create millions of jobs. And the tax on such low income would amount to a tiny portion of the economy and wouldn't be a drop in the bucket of debt. Its kinda funny that the Tax Cut Right wants to RAISE taxes on the poorest of society. Well funny, if it wasn't so sad.
spaceship earth_ss

El Dorado Hills, CA

#87288 Sep 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
He is calling the elderly on social security and va veterns benefits free loaders. Most of them are said to be republican retirees, even my mormon mother in-law will not vote for him. I will not vote for Romney.

I see he hide from the draft during the vietnam war living a life of luxuary in france with a deferment. How convenient to be rich,evade the draft and yet many of the ones drawing social security ,va benefits (who worked hard and fought hard ) then stab them in the back calling them freeloaders.

He is not to be trusted.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87289 Sep 18, 2012
spaceship earth_ss wrote:
Romney shows disdain for 47% of all americans.
Video below.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/09/...
Wrong!
Try again!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87291 Sep 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL
NOT the 'Cause'....
Sick people over there!
I seen that video they 'say' they are fighting over...
Sick people(christians) right here, hating atheist and gays....
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Mohammudd running from the devil... that obviously
over took him, and won!
The early teachings were peacefull, and supercieded by
the murderous teachings!
Moderate Muslims mostly understand this, and some
switch to Christianity at the peril of their lives!
Christianity in its violent early teachings was superseded by hate filled violent later teachings. The rational christians understood this, and switched to islam, for the virgins.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I've got a link of an ex-muslim having his head cut off
for not renouncing Christianity... Gross!
Our God says to Love, and forgive them, and so I do!

kjv revelation 21;8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Yep, love and forgiveness, thats your god.

"And that's the rest of the story"
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87292 Sep 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey.. I wonder if my youtube videos will cause any riots?
http://youtu.be/BFwcymnD-hk
I don't know about them, but....
I Am outraged!
LOL...
Nice video!
You ever wonder why they live in a crap hole, and
we live in such a beautiful country?
Hint... They broke up their own sidewalks to act
like animals!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87293 Sep 18, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick people(christians) right here, hating atheist and gays....
<quoted text>
Christianity in its violent early teachings was superseded by hate filled violent later teachings. The rational christians understood this, and switched to islam, for the virgins.
<quoted text>
kjv revelation 21;8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Yep, love and forgiveness, thats your god.
"And that's the rest of the story"
You, like us all, have a choice!
You get what you've chosen, and you dare blame God?
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87294 Sep 18, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't what he said... That may be what you heard but wasn't what he said...
I would just be happy with other than an amateur sitting in the big chair...
I've seen, n heard what was prsented on the networks... Funny how they only play what sounds bad...
Fox on the other hand played all of it, and it's true...
The message of Lower taxes will not attract those that pay no taxes!
Did you hear the Osama... I mean Obama tape?
It tells exactly what he's upto... between golf games!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87295 Sep 18, 2012
Good night, and God Bless America!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#87296 Sep 18, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You, like us all, have a choice!
You get what you've chosen, and you dare blame God?
Go figure!
You are the one claiming love and forgiveness, I just pointed out the lie.
And you dare blame me?
Go figure a GenuineChristian...
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#87297 Sep 19, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one claiming love and forgiveness, I just pointed out the lie.
And you dare blame me?
Go figure a GenuineChristian...
No...
You are the Lie!
Buy a clue!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Moore assaulted woman in wheelchair 35 min big giant 183 54
adecco mouth swab drug screen 54 min end timer 7
nikki smith 1 hr thunder thighs 2
Curious 3 hr i know all 8
Wild Wild West (Jan '13) 3 hr Jake 966
Dr. Powell (Apr '13) 3 hr Deray 16
Mrs David Carter........aka the sarge. 5 hr Karma 134
More from around the web

Mount Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE