Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 165739 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#86816 Sep 4, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - They won't listen to me. The Old Testament was only meant for the Jewish people, not Gentiles.
Um no. The "new" convent was that the laws of god would be written on the heart of man (they thought the heart was the brain) so you have no excuse not to follow the jewish laws.
Your god is the jewish god. Jesus is not god but the way to god. So how do you say that you are not under the law? Oh, because you know that the bible is not true so you can pick and choose what suits your desires

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86817 Sep 4, 2012
@Kublakhan, From your bible jesus told people that they would not pass away until he has come again. Also where does it say that the ten commandments passed over and the parts that do not fit YOUR life did not?
Lets be honest, a bunch of towelheads wrote the bible to justify violence, perversion, bloodlust, rape, and theft by claiming god loved only them.....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86818 Sep 4, 2012
And to be clear, it is the god that you worship that demanded animal blood sacrifice, human sacrifice, the slaughter of men, women, and CHILDREN so the jewish people could TAKE their property. YOUR GOD says slavery is good!
(and why do you try to defame good Satanist by claiming we do what your god demanded?)

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#86819 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Um no. The "new" convent was that the laws of god would be written on the heart of man (they thought the heart was the brain) so you have no excuse not to follow the jewish laws.
Your god is the jewish god. Jesus is not god but the way to god. So how do you say that you are not under the law? Oh, because you know that the bible is not true so you can pick and choose what suits your desires
Jesus is God. The old laws were done away with at Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.

Location hidden

#86820 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
@Kublakhan, From your bible jesus told people that they would not pass away until he has come again. Also where does it say that the ten commandments passed over and the parts that do not fit YOUR life did not?
Lets be honest, a bunch of towelheads wrote the bible to justify violence, perversion, bloodlust, rape, and theft by claiming god loved only them.....
1 - Matthew 4:10 (No other Gods)
2 - 1 Corinthians 10:14 (No graven images)
3 - 1 Timothy 6:1 (Lord's name in vain)
4 - Saturday *was* the Sabbath, but now Sunday is, therefore this law was not carried over as it was written.
5 - Matthew 19:19 (Honor father and mother)
6 - Romans 13:9 (Shall not kill)
7 - Matthew 19:18 (Shall not commit adultery)
8 - Romans 13:9 (Shall not steal)
9 - Romans 13:9 (Shall not bear false witness)
10 - Romans 7:7 (Shall not covet)

Location hidden

#86821 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
And to be clear, it is the god that you worship that demanded animal blood sacrifice, human sacrifice, the slaughter of men, women, and CHILDREN so the jewish people could TAKE their property. YOUR GOD says slavery is good!
(and why do you try to defame good Satanist by claiming we do what your god demanded?)
Demanded, as in past tense? And you're right, the Jewish people. Not the gentiles. And exactly where have I tried to defame *any* Satanists? I respect your right to follow God, or Satan or neither as you see fit.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86822 Sep 5, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Demanded, as in past tense? And you're right, the Jewish people. Not the gentiles. And exactly where have I tried to defame *any* Satanists? I respect your right to follow God, or Satan or neither as you see fit.
Some folk's style of arguing is a bit harsh, but I do agree that there is a problem in Christianity in the sense that it requires a direct line from the god of the Jewish stories and the god of the New Testament. But any scholar examining the texts must conclude that these are very, very different animals.

Realistically, the NT is a set of documents that define a new mythology while carrying some threads of an older mythology. You need the OT god to give Jesus validity as the Creator but with that OT connection comes the embarrassing history of god as a destroyer, jealous and revenge-seeking.

Taking religion non-literally you can easily harmonize all ideas. That is the "mystery" of Christ. But taking it literally you will only sound like a disingenuous lunatic. Personally it is the latter group of people I argue against when I make posts critical of religion.

(not accusing you of either, BTW)

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86823 Sep 5, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being general not specific.
The jewish people where very violent. The point I am making is that modern day "christians" are not following the same religion and your god is not the same god.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#86824 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Um no. The "new" convent was that the laws of god would be written on the heart of man (they thought the heart was the brain) so you have no excuse not to follow the jewish laws.
John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, MOSES GAVE YOU NOT THAT BREAD from heaven; but my Father giveth you the TRUE BREAD from heaven.

Mathew 7:12 Therefore ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER ye would that men should do to you, DO YE even so to them: for (((THIS IS THE LAW))) and the prophets.

Matthew 4:4 It is written, Man shall not live BY BREAD ALONE, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 17:21 for, behold, the kingdom of God is within YOU.

Matthew 5:7,8 Blessed are THE MERCIFUL: for they shall obtain MERCY.
8 Blessed are THE PURE IN HEART: for they shall SEE GOD.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#86825 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I was being general not specific.
The jewish people where very violent. The point I am making is that modern day "christians" are not following the same religion and your god is not the same god.
Read Exodus 20:18-21 then 1 Samuel 8:4-22; then 1 Chronicles 17:1-4,11,12; Jeremiah 31:31-34; John 2:19; John 6:31,32; Acts 17:24; Acts 14:15,16; John 5:45; John 3:19; Matthew 23 especially the last three verses. Hebrews 8:7-13. Luke 17:20-21; John 16:33; 2 Peter 3:9. Read these scriptures in this order and it explains your argument hopefully that is.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86826 Sep 5, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God. The old laws were done away with at Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.
I think you are wrong, your god in a jesus suit said,

matthew 17-18-19 kjv

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Of course you could be reading from the revised, revised and revised 12th edition of the new version formatted from the old version of the bible to fit todays world.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86827 Sep 5, 2012
That would be matthew 5 verses 17-18-19 kjv.
know

United States

#86828 Sep 5, 2012
Another earthquake off costa rica...
Tens of thousands of DEAD FISH wash up on shore at lake Erie...
So the earthquakes are more numerous..? Hurricanes.. What explanation do U have for the fish? I'm sure they will b great ones..not anything to do with the world suffering labor pains..growing closer to the end??..na.... Lol....

Location hidden

#86829 Sep 5, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Some folk's style of arguing is a bit harsh, but I do agree that there is a problem in Christianity in the sense that it requires a direct line from the god of the Jewish stories and the god of the New Testament. But any scholar examining the texts must conclude that these are very, very different animals.
Realistically, the NT is a set of documents that define a new mythology while carrying some threads of an older mythology. You need the OT god to give Jesus validity as the Creator but with that OT connection comes the embarrassing history of god as a destroyer, jealous and revenge-seeking.
Taking religion non-literally you can easily harmonize all ideas. That is the "mystery" of Christ. But taking it literally you will only sound like a disingenuous lunatic. Personally it is the latter group of people I argue against when I make posts critical of religion.
(not accusing you of either, BTW)
Good post.

Location hidden

#86830 Sep 5, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are wrong, your god in a jesus suit said,
matthew 17-18-19 kjv
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Of course you could be reading from the revised, revised and revised 12th edition of the new version formatted from the old version of the bible to fit todays world.
I've explained this point to others here before, but it's been awhile.

In verse 18, the last four words: "till all be fulfilled"

Do you know what that means?

Until Jesus' death/burial/resurrection the old law is in effect. That's why, on the Cross, Jesus said: "it is finished" (John 19:30) His work (teaching the new law/covenant) on Earth was finished and the old law was being done away with.

I use the KJV version, thats all.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86831 Sep 5, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, MOSES GAVE YOU NOT THAT BREAD from heaven; but my Father giveth you the TRUE BREAD from heaven.
Mathew 7:12 Therefore ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER ye would that men should do to you, DO YE even so to them: for (((THIS IS THE LAW))) and the prophets.
Matthew 4:4 It is written, Man shall not live BY BREAD ALONE, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Luke 17:21 for, behold, the kingdom of God is within YOU.
Matthew 5:7,8 Blessed are THE MERCIFUL: for they shall obtain MERCY.
8 Blessed are THE PURE IN HEART: for they shall SEE GOD.
You are using parts of a book written by man to prove that the book was written by a god? That is stupid.

Location hidden

#86832 Sep 5, 2012
know wrote:
Another earthquake off costa rica...
Tens of thousands of DEAD FISH wash up on shore at lake Erie...
So the earthquakes are more numerous..? Hurricanes.. What explanation do U have for the fish? I'm sure they will b great ones..not anything to do with the world suffering labor pains..growing closer to the end??..na.... Lol....
Earthquakes and fish die-offs happen. Why does it have to be part of an End of the World story?

Location hidden

#86833 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are using parts of a book written by man to prove that the book was written by a god? That is stupid.
Circular logic is logically circular. Funny stuff.
Observer

Lexington, KY

#86834 Sep 5, 2012
I believe that teaching our children to become aware of different religions is necessary. Its ignorant to ignore that religion has had huge impacts on how we got here today. In order to build, we need to be open minded. Its not that Christianity shouldn't be taught in schools, but it shouldn't be pushed upon the children by being singled out. We should make them aware of multiple religions and their beliefs. As our teaching systems become more evolved so should the idea that we allow them to decide for themselves what they believe to be true. To make them aware and informed of our diverse world is the first step, however, please don't waste their time with stories from one book. Just teach them.
know

Louisville, KY

#86835 Sep 5, 2012
1 Corinthians 12:17-20. God has arranged the parts of the body, every one of them, just as He wanted them to be. :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any info needed 2 hr Secret service 7
Haney family 2 hr Elliot family 11
Larry west needs or leave town 13 hr Gary 10
Who is the toughest lawyer? 13 hr mirror mirror on ... 4
The square 14 hr Disappointed 7
Larry west is scum 15 hr B33NH3R3 7
Idiot flying orange Helicopter 15 hr B33NH3R3 15

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance