Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 133,213

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#84630 Aug 1, 2012
YAA your version of god is not worthy of worship. Plain and simple he just falls short.Thou god art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84631 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Posting a link that shows millions of baptist youth ministers raping the children they are entrusted with is relevent to a discussion about allowing them in the schools.
My congregation laughs at trolls and christians with small peckers who try to push themselves on others all of the time.
And I am NOT the one trying to FORCE my way in to the schools, that would be the christian cult (more victims) and as for your children yes, you would do well to keep them away from me, I do not like to be around children and I am not a nice man, not a nice man at all missy
But I wouyld like to share with you Satans love. Satan loves you and believes in you even if you do not believe in yourself. Do you know Satans love? Have you accepted Satan as your Lord?(yes I am being funny, no one could love you)
Can you figure out why that's a lie?
"millions of baptist youth ministers raping the children they are entrusted with"
There are at least two reasons, but
I'll let you figure it out!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#84632 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I understand why people dislike the I'm better than you Christians.. But what I hate is the idea of being called stupid because I believe in ID (God) when the very ones saying that cannot prove their own theories... I don't go to church as I said before but I know a lot of great very intelligent Christian people who shouldn't be stereotyped in with the chatterbox bunch... I'm not looked on very well by the church folk around here ( mainly because of a song I wrote about Bville) but I will defend the Christians who are getting bashed simply because of their religion... That's not right and they are far from stupid... Anyway here's the song that got me in hot water... Lol... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Tmroyr2jI1IXX
Most atheists are not bashing Christians just because they are Christians. We will bash on a Christian for telling children science is not real. We will bash on Christians when they insist bible study be in our public schools. We will bash on a Christian when they refuse to allow certain people to marry.
See the trend?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#84633 Aug 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you figure out why that's a lie?
"millions of baptist youth ministers raping the children they are entrusted with"
There are at least two reasons, but
I'll let you figure it out!
Again, stick your head in the sand again and again!
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&am...

http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#84634 Aug 1, 2012
Known fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Bible’s view regarding sex perhaps old-fashioned and needlessly restrictive?
1 Thess. 4:3-8:“This is what God wills . . . that you abstain from fornication . . . So, then, the man that shows disregard is disregarding, not man, but God, who puts his holy spirit in you.”(The Bible’s view regarding sex is not simply something that was developed by certain humans who lived many years ago. It comes from mankind’s Creator; it makes clear what is required in order to have his approval; it also provides guidelines that contribute to stable families and wholesome, happy relationships outside the family. Those who apply this counsel safeguard themselves against the deep emotional scars and loathsome diseases that go with immoral conduct. The Bible’s counsel is very much up to date in meeting the needs of those who want a clean conscience before God and a life free from needless frustration.)
"This is what god wills". Prove it? Fact is, this is a claim by a man of what god wills. I can do the same, but it really does not mean a damned thing, because no one can prove a god ever spoke to anyone, much less prove what he said is true and by a real god.

Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84635 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>When it is MILLIONS yes we can. And it is part of the christian cult. But you state you do not believe in god, so you did not read about Lot getting his 9 year old daughters pregnant.
My adult comments about an adult topic offended you? Bwahahahaha
Hahahahahaha!
Wrong Again!
Every post you make proves you a tard!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#84636 Aug 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is one hoax for every fifty years evolution has been around. Thousands upon thousands of artifacts found that consistently prove evolution true, and three hoaxes. I would say that is a stellar record. Did you figure every evolutionist to be perfectly honest all the time? If so, you are living in fantasy land. But really, three hoaxes out of one hundred fifty years is tiny.
Now how many hoaxes does religion have?
Every single sighting of Mother Mary and Jesus in a piece of toast or other food item would dwarf the evolution hoaxes by orders of magnitude.

This is a typical Creationist tactic. Find one little thing that can be paraded as a "problem" for science and brow beat people with it for half a century or more. For example, they always want to bring it down to what caused everything in the first place. Clearly the study of biology is not about what caused everything in the first place, but what causes biological entities to be as they are.

I love it when Creationists make these big claims like "scientists are jumping ship on evolution". They do this without providing even a shred of evidence that this is the case. When you point out that this huge abandonment of one of the most tried-and-true theories in science does not seem to be making the news they'll immediately go into full blown Conspiracy Theory mode...the media is part of the lie!

It's endlessly entertaining to me. But also frustrating.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#84637 Aug 1, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That theories are unproven should go without saying. At the same time, Intelligent Design must be counted as a theory as well as evolution. I personally think that some 70,000 years ago we almost went extinct, and that because of the environmental stressors we changed. I don't call that evolution, I call it adaptation.
Please don't take this as an attack on religion or the religious, my opinion is a generalization.
ID meets none of the criteria for a scientific theory. None. It does not even meet the criteria for a scientific hypothesis.
It meets the criteria of an idea. It is a religious idea and that is about it.
Please look up what scientific theory is,and see what I am talking about.
This is why ID cannot be taught in public schools. It is not science, it is religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#84638 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Point taken and I understand that view... I've studied in depth the most popular religions... And evolution...(Its a hobby)... I found Christianly to be the most shocking... Even more that the evolutionist don't ever use the best arguments against it... This tells me they haven't gave much thought to research it... It's not at all what they think it is...
From what I have seen from you, you only study creationism. Creationism pretends to teach you what evolution claims, yet they are usually lying about what evolution claims. Then they lie about their side. It is basically a bunch of lies strung together parading as science. It is not science.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84639 Aug 1, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>On this point you are correct, and the post where I put links in about the child molesters do not apply to EVERY christian.
I will admitt that I get negitive when this should be a discussion.
On the other hand if some church person told your wife he was "going to pour gas on you and burn you back to hell" you might get a tad touchy as well.(we get a lot of comments like that, empty threats but still enough to piss off a good Satanist like myself)
At least you do try to discuss where YAA just puts his/her head in the sand....
My head is not in the sand...
I've heard all your arguements from many posters the past two years... Nothing has changed!
I've told my story of how God pulled me out of the crap you guys like to waller in... He saved me, and proved His existance to me...
Now, I tell you the Truth!
God is real, He made a way for ALL of us to be with Him...
You know the message, so I will spare you a repeat, as I doubt it will help you at all!
BTW I will be here til my last breath telling people the same thing, and IF it happens to you (Being saved that is), you'll be on here too... just different sides!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84640 Aug 1, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
With all that O.T. knowledge of what not to do solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines.
Out of a thousand women you think old Yahweh would have invented penicillin or condoms. Why did Yahweh condone all that fornication and then comission solomon the write the book of Ecclesiastes?
You see what it got him?
Who better to write anything, than someone that's been through it!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#84641 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
700 wives and 300 hundred concubines... Solomon was the man!! Talk about the busy bee... Why was God so good to him?... Because he prayed not for power or riches but for wisdom to lead the people... He thought about others first and what was important to God not himself... When one has this attitude God blesses them with more than they can contain... Don't like? Not fair?... Hey I don't make the rules... Just telling you the score...
Who says god was good to him? Oh, you mean that book of claims no one can prove? I see.
Fact is, marriage rules change. You claim god makes the rules, we claim man makes the rules. Either way, marriage changes. So this idea of the sanctity of traditional marriage is a misnomer.

If you think having one thousand women and they can have no other man is not taking power, you know nothing of power. This lifestyle does not honor the wishes of those women. They were bought and paid for. That is how marriage tradition was in that barbaric time. Men paid the father to 'give away' the daughter.
Marriage ceremonies still have this tradition of the father 'giving away' the daughter. Now there is no money or livestock exchanges though.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84642 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
The first time I read that I knew exactly who it was referring to... Written over two thousand years ago... Amazing...
Yes!
Very Amazing!
Just watch em when they want peace with Israel...
That's just around the corner!
Amen!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#84643 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Shocking as in to find how brutal it can be at times ... Most Christians who don't study or are to busy worrying about who's going to hell and what's to eat after the service miss the fact that the bible is rather unpleasant at times... Not many other religions show this side of things.... What are some of the best arguments against Christianity?.... Well one would be the other very similar Gods of the time... Like Mithra and Horus... Their stories are very similar and there are Plenty of others... So why then believe in Jesus? I gotta admit this one got to me for awhile but I'm glad I looked deeper... Also there are stories of the flood that predate the bible version... What is true Christianity? A journey... I'm not trying to convert anyone to what I believe so I'll just say this... One man with no army, no political power and only twelve men following him stood in the face if sure death and said "Heaven and Earth shall pass away but my words shall not".... How can this be? This one man 2000 years ago with nothing and nobody could still set this world on fire? In this day and age with all the technology money can buy going against him... His words have not passed away... Quite profound...
I am sure many have said as much, but you just automatically believe the one that is still being followed. Time society believes a religion does not prove truth. If it did, the Hindu religion would beat your religion. How long have people followed Mohammed? Not as long as Jesus, but close. Does that make him a true prophet?

Belief in Jesus came through much killing and torture. Eventually the masses just followed the beliefs of the parents. 80% of all humans follow the religion of the parents. This is not because a religion is true, it is because human nature is to follow your parents. If we did not follow them, we would probably not survive to adulthood. Thus the instinct is needed to follow the parents lead.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#84644 Aug 1, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
700 wives and 300 hundred concubines... Solomon was the man!! Talk about the busy bee... Why was God so good to him?... Because he prayed not for power or riches but for wisdom to lead the people... He thought about others first and what was important to God not himself... When one has this attitude God blesses them with more than they can contain... Don't like? Not fair?... Hey I don't make the rules... Just telling you the score...
He also wrote
Tis better to live on the roof, than in a large house with an angry woman!(paraphrasing)...
I bet he stayed on the roof a lot!
LOL
defender

London, KY

#84645 Aug 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Abiogenesis is not a scientific theory. It is a field of study. Sorry I left off a letter. I must be the dumbest person ever for leaving out a letter in a post. Good grief. Is that how you judge someone?
You tie Abiogenesis to evolution(which it is not) and you claim victory for my spelling errors? How pathetic is that? Go ask your mom to pat you on the back.
Abiogenesis is many theories... Clay theory would be one... Damn dude read a book...
defender

London, KY

#84646 Aug 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Most atheists are not bashing Christians just because they are Christians. We will bash on a Christian for telling children science is not real. We will bash on Christians when they insist bible study be in our public schools. We will bash on a Christian when they refuse to allow certain people to marry.
See the trend?
Most atheist are not bashing Christians?... There are no atheist in fox holes... It's always the atheist that won't shut up about religion and always start the fight... The empty can rattles the loudest... And I wasn't saying that you were getting your ass kicked because of spelling ( we all miss spell)... It's because of your stupid statements...
defender

London, KY

#84647 Aug 1, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>From what I have seen from you, you only study creationism. Creationism pretends to teach you what evolution claims, yet they are usually lying about what evolution claims. Then they lie about their side. It is basically a bunch of lies strung together parading as science. It is not science.
Really?... And I got to tell you about abiogenesis?...
defender

London, KY

#84648 Aug 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>How exactly does it do that when all lines of evidence converge on the idea of evolution?
No all lines of evolution converge from the media... Not fact...
defender

London, KY

#84649 Aug 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Much the same thing can be said of the Prophet of Islam, and his religion is growing even faster. Heck, Joseph Smith was a con artist and there are a few million Mormons today.

People look for things to believe.
Mohammad had an army did he not?... We was in fact a warlord... How does he compare with Jesus?... Doesn't matter just spit shit out... Evolutionist are good at that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
420 friendly jobs 16 min Darwin 4
Wild Wild West (Jan '13) 26 min Cowboy 826
Rats,Narcs&Informants (Aug '09) 30 min Amber 160
Next superintendent 41 min Read all about it 237
Jennifer Jewell (Jun '14) 51 min jennifer 11
Randall scott 1 hr Strongerthanever 13
Chinese teachers 2 hr Little Brucie 56
Chrome books 6 hr come on 48
Phil Rison 6 hr what 77
School system abusiers Fri Little to late 41