Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 170624 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#81777 Jul 1, 2012
"The road ends for everyone... at different times...
next few years it'll end for all!"

Lol.

http://www.abhota.info/end5.htm
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

#81778 Jul 1, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
"The road ends for everyone... at different times...
next few years it'll end for all!"
Lol.
http://www.abhota.info/end5.htm
Now it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry keep telling us the end is near and even coming up with dates in the next year or so. Talk about “apocalypse now”!— just about every yesterday, today and tomorrow. So far no one has been right. All have been wrong because they don’t have a clue.

All we have to do is read our family KJV to find out that God did not give us a date for the apocalypse. If He did, it would just be another excuse for car dealerships to have a big tent sale.“Better hurry because the end is near!”

I don‘t care what all those Incans predicted with their long count calendar. I believe they were just out to ruin this year’s Godly Christmas Holy season for the “easily influenced” with needless worry.

God is life and knowing His beloved KJV backward and forward is our best life insurance policy. Turn or burn.
guy

Grayson, KY

#81779 Jul 1, 2012
you cant force someone to beleive in your god
we evolved we wasnt created by sum god there is no tooth fairy there is no easter bunny there is no santa clause and there is NO GOD wake up silly ppl

“There is no god.”

USA

#81780 Jul 1, 2012
Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry keep telling us the end is near and even coming up with dates in the next year or so. Talk about “apocalypse now”!— just about every yesterday, today and tomorrow. So far no one has been right. All have been wrong because they don’t have a clue.
All we have to do is read our family KJV to find out that God did not give us a date for the apocalypse. If He did, it would just be another excuse for car dealerships to have a big tent sale.“Better hurry because the end is near!”
I don‘t care what all those Incans predicted with their long count calendar. I believe they were just out to ruin this year’s Godly Christmas Holy season for the “easily influenced” with needless worry.
God is life and knowing His beloved KJV backward and forward is our best life insurance policy. Turn or burn.
Lol, blow me.
Atheist

Madisonville, KY

#81781 Jul 1, 2012
Bibles and public school don't belong together. I don't want my children indoctrinated thank you.

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#81782 Jul 1, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, blow me.
.... AWAY!! P.S. There IS a "way".

Hell Sucks

“THE HEAT IS ON”

Since: Apr 12

Satan IS in "The Church"

#81783 Jul 1, 2012
Atheist wrote:
Bibles and public school don't belong together. I don't want my children indoctrinated thank you.
It should be optional. Available but not mandatory. Some people don't seem to want their children educated either. Much evidence on Topix of that having happened.

“There is no god.”

USA

#81784 Jul 1, 2012
Hell Sucks wrote:
<quoted text>
.... AWAY!! P.S. There IS a "way".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =riwxbh_n_WMXX
No, I meant it as I said it. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is a better tune.
Amercian

Winchester, KY

#81785 Jul 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>These debates are usually between people of extremely different views. For example I don't have an issue with moderate religious folks who do not take the Bible literally. The ones I argue with tend to think snakes can talk and men are missing a rib.
God only took Adams rib to make eve, not no one else's.
There is no facts that there wasn't a serpent that walked and talked.
We as humans can talk and some birds can, so why would you rule out the possible if you believe in science.
Amercian

Winchester, KY

#81786 Jul 1, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>By typing on a keyboard you are using technology that is ONLY possible because of science. Try praying for a new kind of technology and see if it just drops out of the sky. People work hard on this stuff and it is both insulting and ignorant to deny the truth of it.

Regarding theories such as the modern synthesis of evolution, these are all based on facts. That animals evolve over time is a fact of nature. How it happens is the modern synthesis, the Theory of Evolution. Without this theory we would not have an effective understanding of how diseases change in reaction to treatments, or how pests become immune to pesticides.

That there is some kind wonkiness with time over distances is a fact. How we explain it is General Relativity, a theory. Without this theory your GPS would not work.

Without Newton's theory of how physical objects move around we couldn't have built planes or rocket ships.

None of these things fell from the sky, they were all achieved by hard work and much pondering. And we are constantly vetting them. We do not take them on faith.

That is how reality works.
Your right it takes hard work and much pondering to built and event things but I don't see this means that God is not real.
You said technology don't fall out of the sky but why is it that man is getting smarter and why couldn't man have invented these things since the beginning. In the book of daniel it says man will gain increasingly knowledge toward end days. I could only image what mankind could accomplish in a thousand years.

Questions: why did these Apes stop evolving into humans or why aren't they still evolving today, and why didn't this extinct them in the process.
He might

San Jose, CA

#81787 Jul 1, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, blow me.
Some Rev would and have from what the news reports say. Rev won't predict a date he may want one.
He might

San Jose, CA

#81788 Jul 1, 2012
Rev Harlan Pritchett wrote:
<quoted text>
Now it seems every Tom, Dick and Harry “Better hurry because the end is near!”
Turn or burn.
no thanks I'm straight.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#81789 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>

Questions: why did these Apes stop evolving into humans or why aren't they still evolving today, and why didn't this extinct them in the process.
Answer:

Humans did not evolve from Apes.. No where in the theory of evolution is it claimed that Humans Evolved from Apes.. That is what is said by those that have No Idea of the what the theory states and supplied evidence of...

Human and Apes Evolved from a Common Ancestor, That common ancestor was no more and ape than it was a human... It had characteristics of both..

Apes and Humans along with Every Living Organism on the planet is Still Evolving right now as we speak... It can take 100's of 1000'sof years for a slight change. For an example Humans are approximately 2 inches taller on average than the average human was 300 years ago... That process can speed up or slow down depending on Environmental pressures ... As an example if today there was a major die off of Meat food stocks.. All the animals around the globe died and Humans then only had Grains and Vegetables to eat... In a short time (Geologically speaking) like 1000 years those that are genetically better to use plant material will live a bit longer and have more kids than those that don't.. And those kids will Evolve through natural selection better able to Thrive and procreate. Even those that disagree with Evolution of Species tend to agree that Plants and Animals Change over time due to survival of the fittest... That is called Micro Evolution and has Massive amounts of Verifiable, Testable Evidence that leads it to be Considered Proven and is no longer considered a Theory... On the other hand Macro Evolution where one species Evolves into a different Species takes Millions of years so there is no way to Verify, test and validate the theory but we find assorted Evidence through out the historical record of one species, then later evidence of another species that have lots of similarities...

For an example is Dinosaurs and Birds...200 million years ago Dino's had hollow bones, dino's had Wish Bones.. 100 million years ago dinos had hollow bones, dino's had wish bones and some had feathers such as the Raptors ... 65 million years ago some dinos had feathers and could fly, had hollow bones and wish bones... Now we have Birds... with Hollow bones and wish bones and feathers.. The tail is gone, the teeth are gone... But look at a Chicken Embryo in early development and you will see it had a Tail.. It has a Hand .. As it develops the hand bones fuse into the wing and the tail stops developing... And we have in a lab found a gene in the Chicken DNA that when caused to express the chicken grows teeth...

There is a massive amount of evidence that Evolution of Species works.. But because it takes Million of years there is no way to Test and Validate the Theory so it is called a Theory even though to those that study the subject for the most part state the evidence rises to the level of Proof...

“There is no god.”

USA

#81790 Jul 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer:
Humans did not evolve from Apes.. No where in the theory of evolution is it claimed that Humans Evolved from Apes.. That is what is said by those that have No Idea of the what the theory states and supplied evidence of...
Human and Apes Evolved from a Common Ancestor, That common ancestor was no more and ape than it was a human... It had characteristics of both..
Apes and Humans along with Every Living Organism on the planet is Still Evolving right now as we speak... It can take 100's of 1000'sof years for a slight change. For an example Humans are approximately 2 inches taller on average than the average human was 300 years ago... That process can speed up or slow down depending on Environmental pressures ... As an example if today there was a major die off of Meat food stocks.. All the animals around the globe died and Humans then only had Grains and Vegetables to eat... In a short time (Geologically speaking) like 1000 years those that are genetically better to use plant material will live a bit longer and have more kids than those that don't.. And those kids will Evolve through natural selection better able to Thrive and procreate. Even those that disagree with Evolution of Species tend to agree that Plants and Animals Change over time due to survival of the fittest... That is called Micro Evolution and has Massive amounts of Verifiable, Testable Evidence that leads it to be Considered Proven and is no longer considered a Theory... On the other hand Macro Evolution where one species Evolves into a different Species takes Millions of years so there is no way to Verify, test and validate the theory but we find assorted Evidence through out the historical record of one species, then later evidence of another species that have lots of similarities...
For an example is Dinosaurs and Birds...200 million years ago Dino's had hollow bones, dino's had Wish Bones.. 100 million years ago dinos had hollow bones, dino's had wish bones and some had feathers such as the Raptors ... 65 million years ago some dinos had feathers and could fly, had hollow bones and wish bones... Now we have Birds... with Hollow bones and wish bones and feathers.. The tail is gone, the teeth are gone... But look at a Chicken Embryo in early development and you will see it had a Tail.. It has a Hand .. As it develops the hand bones fuse into the wing and the tail stops developing... And we have in a lab found a gene in the Chicken DNA that when caused to express the chicken grows teeth...
There is a massive amount of evidence that Evolution of Species works.. But because it takes Million of years there is no way to Test and Validate the Theory so it is called a Theory even though to those that study the subject for the most part state the evidence rises to the level of Proof...
Good post.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81791 Jul 1, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
A religious man is on top of a roof during a great flood. A man comes by in a boat and says "get in, get in!" The religous man replies, " no I have faith in God, he will grant me a miracle."
Later the water is up to his waist and another boat comes by and the guy tells him to get in again. He responds that he has faith in god and god will give him a miracle. With the water at about chest high, another boat comes to rescue him, but he turns down the offer again cause "God will grant him a miracle."
With the water at chin high, a helicopter throws down a ladder and they tell him to get in, mumbling with the water in his mouth, he again turns down the request for help for the faith of God. He arrives at the gates of heaven with broken faith and says to Peter, I thought God would grand me a miracle and I have been let down." St. Peter chuckles and responds, "I don't know what you're complaining about, we sent you three boats and a helicopter."
Gee... Let me see how many times this story posted...
Hmmmmmmm..... I think it has been posted around four times in two years!
See, you guys THINK we're stupid enough to pass up a boat when offered, as if the Lord would pluck us up in His hand, then in the next post you'll state something like "why do we go to a doctor, If we have faith..."
No pleasing you!
A friend's dad was laid to rest Friday...
A month ago, he was given 6 months without treatment, 18 with...
Fact is... Doctors don't know crap... there is no expiration date on you... a 96 year old lady, smoking like a freight train all her life, or a 40 year non-smoker dying of a heart attack jogging!
You do not know when, or how you will go, but... You Will Go!
I say... the Manufacturer of this Model is best quallified to work on it!
We're all here for a lil while, and there... a whole lot longer!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81792 Jul 1, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've shown many times that you are a false Christian.
<quoted text>
Now we know that you are FOX disciple as well.
"Doing wrong is like a joke to a fool, but wisdom is pleasure to a man of understanding."
You are the only one laughing.
Whatever you want to believe...
I do take pleasure in wisdom... To bad I find lil here!
too funny

Casey, IL

#81793 Jul 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to believe...
I do take pleasure in wisdom... To bad I find lil here!
But still you are here ALL the time. Lmao

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#81794 Jul 1, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Good post.
If you haven't watched any of the TEDTalks programs I suggest them to anyone that has an interest in learning... Of course with the caveat that Opinions Vary and one should give weight to evidence and not so much to opinion ..

http://www.hulu.com/watch/248008#s-p6-sr-i0
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#81795 Jul 1, 2012
give me the apes back , people are just too much of a quiver in this life. we all gang togther , then we all fall apart, we all love then we all hate- we all want what each other have but dont want to help each other get it = we all want to go to heaven but no one wants to die. we go back and forth so much we would be better off as apes...At least they keep the bugs off of each other (*&*)
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81796 Jul 1, 2012
baffled wrote:
<quoted text>
Let’s recap and evaluate.
You freaked out your new neighbors and snubbed your nose at them by burning Bibles in your front yard to convince them you are intimidating and plum crazy. Upping the insanity, you tuned in to your police scanner to enjoy the personal satisfaction of hearing your caper being reported. And you were ecstatic and are still feeling really good about the whole thing?
I guess you could say you sure showed them. Hey, what’s more fun than scaring old folks?
Nicely put!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan and Tara 1 hr Prostitute 1
Carmen LeMay (May '13) 1 hr Cheater 17
carla hanna 2 hr Steveany 4
What happen to Melissa Jones just read she died... 6 hr Curiosity 6
Stephanie Hayes- Smallwood 9 hr Steveany 6
Makayla Hutchinson (Oct '14) 9 hr Steveany 11
Looking for gorgeous aa female walmart 9 hr Steveany 11

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance