Comments
161 - 180 of 245 Comments Last updated Wednesday
I hate hhch

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#187
Dec 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I hate hhch not because the staff are lazy, fat or whatever tard shit people are posting.. But rather because it is a horrible place to work due to the administration not giving a shit about their employees. They now have a rule where you get wrote up for clocking out 1MINUTE passed your scheduled time. WTF is that? They are heartless and cruel and do not care about the girl's treatment and how it is affected by their constant firing of good staff and hiring shitty ones.
crazy place

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#188
Dec 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Never actually been an employee, but do know some that work or have worked there. They need to come in and look at how this place is ran. The administrators need to stop firing the ones that do actually care for the
Kids and get rid of the ones that could care less it is just a job people. If you are not in the "click" you better watch out. You will not be working there long. Sad to know that some things happen that others know about and some get fired for doing it but the ones that know it happened are still working. If the state ran this place everyone there would be out of a job.
sylvia miller

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#189
Dec 13, 2011
 
Hope hill childrens home is where i lived for bout 5yrs,it was a good place for children i thought at first and still could be, the only thing i didnt like about it was one when i went back to work there i had a problem with consistence, some staff were rude, people made me feel like i still lived there...nothing was the same, seemed like rules changed daily and because of certain staff some felt like they could do whateva they wanted and thats not how you run a childrens facility.
sylvia miller

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#190
Dec 13, 2011
 
crazy place wrote:
Never actually been an employee, but do know some that work or have worked there. They need to come in and look at how this place is ran. The administrators need to stop firing the ones that do actually care for the
Kids and get rid of the ones that could care less it is just a job people. If you are not in the "click" you better watch out. You will not be working there long. Sad to know that some things happen that others know about and some get fired for doing it but the ones that know it happened are still working. If the state ran this place everyone there would be out of a job.
i do agree i mean them children up there are not stupid by any means, they know who cares and who just there for a paycheck, but whats sad is if you are them childrens friend or even good to them they dont like that but you know what that is pathetic cause it takes a whole lot to gain trust from them kids and i do mean alot, but i told them all i expected was them to do as they told.make it easier for them, i knew all the tricks and trades, the minipulation and all that cause i was once them and they realized i was there for them.....cant be scared of them either, if you are u should stay away from them...even though some can be dangerous as hell you have to know when and when not u can or cant do somthing like defending yourselves.
Call it like I see it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#191
Dec 14, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Wise in Mt Sterling wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the input. It was great to read this from someone who really knows. I'm so glad that it helped you and you are doing well. I'm sure that it also helps for the wonderful employees there to see that they DO make a difference.
.

Yes I was also there 2007 was my last time before foster care etc ! & they have great workers I loved it there it was rough at first but After I started seeing my problems & how to resolve them it went way smoother ... I got extremely attached to the workers & still to this day still talk 2 them ... & also in addition still use the coping skills they taught me till this day .... Now today I have a 2 year old son & a Bby girl on the way & couldn't be happier with the way my life has turned out :)
MARCH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#192
Dec 15, 2011
 
I hate hhch wrote:
I hate hhch not because the staff are lazy, fat or whatever tard shit people are posting.. But rather because it is a horrible place to work due to the administration not giving a shit about their employees. They now have a rule where you get wrote up for clocking out 1MINUTE passed your scheduled time. WTF is that? They are heartless and cruel and do not care about the girl's treatment and how it is affected by their constant firing of good staff and hiring shitty ones.
a bunch of religious hypocrites - nothing more
Anonymous

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#193
Dec 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I know that they hire you wait till you are getting good at your job and then they drug test you. They told me I failed but I knew there was no way so I went and paid 40 bucks for a test at the lab passed it, but did they hire me back NO they wouldnt even take my calls.
blah blah

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#194
Dec 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well where to begin... I am currently working at hope hill childrens home and this is truly the most rewarding and exciting job of my life. I love working with my staff and working with the girls. I wouldn't trade what we have now for anything in the world..I think the most upsetting thing is that before you even stop to think about how this website will or wont effect Hope hill and how you are slandering some of the hardest working people i have ever met in my lifetime, you could be trying so hard to give to hope hill and help them to give these girls some of the most important things they need right now, support. These girls come from homes where people made them feel aweful and made them think that they are doing nothing in life. I love these girls with all my heart and soul and i will not let you set back and talk bad about this place. For some of these girls this is the only Home they know and they are thankful for the staff who dedicate 40+ hours a week to help them through everything people like you all have done to them talk bad about important people in their life. Hope hill does have flaws like any other facility but as a team we get together and come up with new options and work together to make the place better, like any business. As far as having a "click" im not really sure what you are referring to because as far as a i know we all work really well together and no one ever feels left out of anything. All im pretty much saying is that before you set back and write something on topix you should really consider what you say and maybe consider using your time to come up and visit, if your part of a church bring a camp up to spend some time with the girls and listen to there stories, Hope hill can be a learning experience for anyone who is willing.
Hey Hey Hey

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#195
Dec 22, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

crazy place wrote:
Never actually been an employee, but do know some that work or have worked there. They need to come in and look at how this place is ran. The administrators need to stop firing the ones that do actually care for the
Kids and get rid of the ones that could care less it is just a job people. If you are not in the "click" you better watch out. You will not be working there long. Sad to know that some things happen that others know about and some get fired for doing it but the ones that know it happened are still working. If the state ran this place everyone there would be out of a job.
Well for you information OIG, Office of the inspector general makes random vists to Hope Hill. They check records, electical wiring, check to see if its clean, check to see if the girls needs are met, check employees, random drug screens, basically check everything with a fine tooth comb, they even put gloves on and wipe counters! Guess what HHCH always gets a good grade and they are still up and going strong! Performing miracles and changing lives 24/7. Can you say you saved many lives? Doubt it. HHCH staff are community heros, underpaid but are not worried about that, the ones worried about making money dont last long, the ones that really care do! So until you can say you perform miracles on a daily basis , keep yo mouth closed!

+
anna abney

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#196
Jan 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I would like to comment on hope hill first ilived there for eight years my foster parents were house parents there several diferent times.I lived there i think it was in the seventiesprobably the middle seventies.I started out as a home for boys and girls the big house was for teen age boys the middle house was for babies and kids the third house was for teenage girls. We used to go on trips.I have a lot of good memories there.the times are changing though.We even had foriegn exchange students stay there in the summer on work visa programs.Each house had chores they had to do.On special occassions we would all meet in the big house.i have a lot of stories that i could tell about the place that werent bad ones.i would love to go for a visit some time.My parents were Carl and Rita wilson they spent more time there then i did.it was always so beautiful up there.I felt like it was the garden of eden.i miss the old days there.
It was

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#197
Mar 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

anna abney wrote:
I would like to comment on hope hill first ilived there for eight years my foster parents were house parents there several diferent times.I lived there i think it was in the seventiesprobably the middle seventies.I started out as a home for boys and girls the big house was for teen age boys the middle house was for babies and kids the third house was for teenage girls. We used to go on trips.I have a lot of good memories there.the times are changing though.We even had foriegn exchange students stay there in the summer on work visa programs.Each house had chores they had to do.On special occassions we would all meet in the big house.i have a lot of stories that i could tell about the place that werent bad ones.i would love to go for a visit some time.My parents were Carl and Rita wilson they spent more time there then i did.it was always so beautiful up there.I felt like it was the garden of eden.i miss the old days there.
It was a great place then, but now its gone to hell. The girls a treated like dirt!
Concerned Parent

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#198
Jul 25, 2012
 
I am concerned about my daughter's well being at Hope Hill. She was committed because she is depressed and suicidal. Also did drugs. Now she has lost a phase because she was able to get drugs there somehow - from the other girls, staff, I don't know. My daughter is more depressed than ever and has gained so much weight that she feels the stretch marks as they appear. They are made to eat all their food even if it's not a correct diet. There is no daily physical activity. The counselor never returns my phone calls. I am concerned and don't know what to do! I miss her so much. I wish I knew who to contact for help. Signed, a lonely mother.
Get her out

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#199
Jul 26, 2012
 
Concerned Parent wrote:
I am concerned about my daughter's well being at Hope Hill. She was committed because she is depressed and suicidal. Also did drugs. Now she has lost a phase because she was able to get drugs there somehow - from the other girls, staff, I don't know. My daughter is more depressed than ever and has gained so much weight that she feels the stretch marks as they appear. They are made to eat all their food even if it's not a correct diet. There is no daily physical activity. The counselor never returns my phone calls. I am concerned and don't know what to do! I miss her so much. I wish I knew who to contact for help. Signed, a lonely mother.
Do what you have to do, call OIG and report it! Call her social worker and request she be moved to another facility. Hope hill has went money crazy and it more gossip and back stabbing than childcare. All of the workers that have been there for 3 or more years are excellent, as long as they are not administration. Your new workers are nothing more than people who have let authority go to there head. They believe that just because the girls have made some mistakes they should be treated like shit! They need care too! The good staff people like TT, TL,JB, RF, MS, WR and a few others. The rest like TB, SG, JM, AD, SO, EA, LS, DB, DG, all these are the most ass kissing gossip starting hipocrits to ever walk the face of the earth. The equine program gets all the money while the girls get sav a lot canned fruit for snack three times daily!
in the know

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#200
Jul 27, 2012
 
@ "get her out". lol,lol,lol,lol,. get a clue and a life. lol. Have you worked there? Been a resident? That is absolutely not true. As I have stated in other comments, I have never worked there, but have paid them a visit. I could NEVER work up there because the first time one of the "girls" bit me, gave me a black eye or tried to fight, I would have to fight back. I do not like getting hit or spit on or any of the things the staff have to encounter. I think they should be able to have taser's just to have when things like that happen. The reason the "girls" are up there to begin with is because their parents can no longer care for them. Some parents are actually afraid of them, then complain when they do finally get disaplined. If the parents are not happy, then by all means take them back home. But, again a lot of family don't even visit on visiting days. So unless you are willing to go up there and either volunteer or apply for a job or even just visit the "hill", then you shouldn't get on a place like topix and voice an opinion unless you know or are a disgruntled exemployee.
joe blow

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#201
Jul 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I hear its a family affair they never fire family and the staff are a bunch of back stabbers. No way would I work there from what I hear from some of the people that work there.maybe they should be reported to the department of human resources at Frankfort or Warshington D C.
Get her out

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#202
Jul 28, 2012
 
in the know wrote:
@ "get her out". lol,lol,lol,lol,. get a clue and a life. lol. Have you worked there? Been a resident? That is absolutely not true. As I have stated in other comments, I have never worked there, but have paid them a visit. I could NEVER work up there because the first time one of the "girls" bit me, gave me a black eye or tried to fight, I would have to fight back. I do not like getting hit or spit on or any of the things the staff have to encounter. I think they should be able to have taser's just to have when things like that happen. The reason the "girls" are up there to begin with is because their parents can no longer care for them. Some parents are actually afraid of them, then complain when they do finally get disaplined. If the parents are not happy, then by all means take them back home. But, again a lot of family don't even visit on visiting days. So unless you are willing to go up there and either volunteer or apply for a job or even just visit the "hill", then you shouldn't get on a place like topix and voice an opinion unless you know or are a disgruntled exemployee.
For your info I have worked at the damn place! This is not opinion it's facts! Go work there and find out they treat everyone like dirt! So until you know the facts shut up !
master mind

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#203
Jul 28, 2012
 
Get her out wrote:
<quoted text>For your info I have worked at the damn place! This is not opinion it's facts! Go work there and find out they treat everyone like dirt! So until you know the facts shut up !
You tell them. You are 100% right about this place anyone should not even want to work or even think about working there "UNLESS U WANT TO BE TREATED LIKE DOG CRAP ON YOUR SHOES"and they have no physical activity there cause the staff and office worker are to busy running you down or stabbing you in the. back or bending over to kiss butt
in the know

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#204
Jul 29, 2012
 
@Get her out, so you are a disgruntled exemployee huh. Couldn't cut it as an employee. Figures. I do know the FACTS and I don't have to SHUT UP. So, since you have worked there, then what mastermind plan to you think should take place. If its as bad up there as you say, why don't you do something about it. Call someone, have it checked out, work on getting it closed down. If its as bad as you say, why do they keep getting new girls up there? Why do ex-residents come back during the reunion they have every year and say how much they were helped? No one said it was perfect. I don't know of a place that is perfect. All I am saying is that if you think is so bad, why not DO something about it instead of just complaining about it on topix?
master mind

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#205
Jul 29, 2012
 
in the know wrote:
@Get her out, so you are a disgruntled exemployee huh. Couldn't cut it as an employee. Figures. I do know the FACTS and I don't have to SHUT UP. So, since you have worked there, then what mastermind plan to you think should take place. If its as bad up there as you say, why don't you do something about it. Call someone, have it checked out, work on getting it closed down. If its as bad as you say, why do they keep getting new girls up there? Why do ex-residents come back during the reunio n they ha. ve every year and say how much they were. helped? No one said it was perfect. I don't know o. f a place that is perfect. All I am saying is that if. you think is so bad, why not DO something about it instead of just complaining about it on topix?
Sounds like someone hit a nerve you potty mouth and I hope they do get you shut down and they call this place a religious place and you use foul talk go back to your back staving
master mind

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#206
Jul 29, 2012
 
in the know wrote:
@Get her out, so you are a disgruntled exemployee huh. Couldn't cut it as an employee. Figures. I do know the FACTS and I don't have to SHUT UP. So, since you have worked there, then what mastermind plan to you think should take place. If its as bad up there as you say, why don't you do something about it. Call someone, have it checked out, work on getting it closed down. If its as bad as you say, why do they keep getting new girls up there? Why do ex- residents come back during the reunion they have. every year and say how much they were helped? No one said it was perfect. I don't know of a place that is perfect. All I am saying is that if you think is so bad, why not DO something about it instead of just complaining about it on topix?
And everyone will show up for a free meal

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Mount Sterling Forum right now

Search the Mount Sterling Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Crouch McDonald employee Mt. Sterling 25 min ... 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 146,291
Pill headed women 2 hr Ha Ha 8
Kroger's new store layout 2 hr tiny 32
wreck on camargo rd. 3 hr Anyone 5
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr Ashby 26,189
No Time for Grimes! 5 hr the good ole days 29
who died on queen st today? 8 hr sad 2
Mt Sterling Drug Lord 8 hr Not what it seems 3
Jeff Wingate 21 hr seller 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Sterling Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mount Sterling News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount Sterling
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••