'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
American Lady

Danville, KY

#47016 Sep 1, 2012
Oops...no second posting :(
Got it all-in-one :)
Fmr RP 2012 now GJ 2012

Fontana, CA

#47017 Sep 1, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Frank Your Brother??
NO!
Jay

Paris, TN

#47018 Sep 1, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you'd like that Jay :)
Check this out ;-)
Dems Giving Away Tickets to Obama's Speech
http://dunwoody.patch.com/articles/dems-givin...
**********

Oh now that's really rich, LOL!!!

But whoever it was that said they were asking for pledges from the lowly public is right on. For weeks on end I have been receiving letters in the Inbox for donations for $3 and $5 from the DCCC. I got some signed with the names, Barney Frank, Nancy, Harry Reid and even one with BO's name at the bottom. They are always desperate, they are always just a few thousand or so short from the deadline, which in one case was midnight. That was before the current ones coming in were bashing Romney that I posted a few days back.

Honestly, these people expected people to put $3-5 on a credit card? People out of work could barely give them 3-5 cents.

But I'll just betcha many of them did.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#47019 Sep 1, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
**********
Oh now that's really rich, LOL!!!
But whoever it was that said they were asking for pledges from the lowly public is right on. For weeks on end I have been receiving letters in the Inbox for donations for $3 and $5 from the DCCC. I got some signed with the names, Barney Frank, Nancy, Harry Reid and even one with BO's name at the bottom. They are always desperate, they are always just a few thousand or so short from the deadline, which in one case was midnight. That was before the current ones coming in were bashing Romney that I posted a few days back.
Honestly, these people expected people to put $3-5 on a credit card? People out of work could barely give them 3-5 cents.
But I'll just betcha many of them did.
There's still many dumbo's Jay, so yeah probably did...
I wouldn't let my 'card info' out for that amount...:)
Are You Kidding

Wixom, MI

#47020 Sep 1, 2012
If media "fact checkers" are just impartial guardians of the truth, how come they got their own facts wrong about Paul Ryan's speech, and did so in a way that helped President Obama's re-election effort?

Case in point was the rush of "fact check" stories claiming Ryan misled when he talked about a shuttered auto plant in his home state.

Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler posted a piece — "Ryan misleads on GM plant closing in hometown" — saying Ryan "appeared to suggest" that Obama was responsible for the closure of a GM plant in Janesville, Wisconsin. "That's not true," Kessler said. "The plant was closed in December 2008, before Obama was sworn in."

What's not true are Kessler's "facts." Ryan didn't suggest Obama was responsible for shutting the plant. Instead, he correctly noted that Obama promised during the campaign that the troubled plant "will be here for another hundred years" if his policies were enacted. Also, the plant didn't close in December 2008. It was still producing cars until April 2009.

An AP "fact check" also claimed that "the plant halted production in December 2008" even though the AP itself reported in April 2009 that the plant was only then "closing for good." CNN's John King made the same claim about that plant closure. But when CNN looked more carefully at the evidence, it — to its credit — concluded that what Ryan said was "true."

Media fact-checkers also complained about Ryan's charge that Obama is cutting $716 billion from Medicare to fund ObamaCare. Not true, they said. Medicare's growth is just being slowed. But Obama achieves that slower growth by making real cuts in provider payments. And in any case, the media always and everywhere call a reduction in the rate of federal spending growth a "cut." So why suddenly charge Ryan with being misleading for using that same term?

In any case, Obama himself admitted that he's doing what Ryan says. In a November 2009 interview with ABC News, reporter Jake Tapper said to Obama that "one-third of the funding comes from cuts to Medicare," to which Obama's response was: "Right."

The rest of Ryan's alleged factual errors aren't errors at all; it's just that the media didn't like how he said it. But since when is it a fact-checker's job to decide how a politician should construct his arguments? This isn't to say that journalists shouldn't check facts. Of course they should.

The problem is that the mainstream press is now abusing the "fact check" label, using it to more aggressively push a liberal agenda without feeling the need to provide any balance whatsoever. And, as the reaction to the Ryan speech shows, they are now blatantly using it to provide air support for Obama.

Is it any wonder that soon after Ryan's speech ended, the Obama campaign rushed out an ad using the media's "fact check" stories as its source?
Jay

Paris, TN

#47021 Sep 1, 2012
I read the same thing you did about the GM plant in Janesville; how Obama was going to keep it going, etc., etc. They had a few vehicles to finish and finally the plant closed for good. Today it's in decay.

I spent a good hour the other night going through Fact Checkers. Liar, liar, pants on fire! The whole thing was liberal leaning, anything to dispute and twist words in that favor against anyone, it seemed to me that had an (R) behind their name.
And another one is Snopes. When it comes to liberal leaning, or anything to make Obama look good, you will find it on Snopes. People have sought them out, and when I refer something said on Snopes, I usually add: "If you can believe them."
These people are clever with words. Just by leaving out one or two words, you can change the whole concept of a sentence. This is what they do best!
You're also on target with Medicare. There will be the surplus, because they will be cutting back on elderly care. Their type of care will be to sustain them with medications, but medications don't cure or fix a knee or hip that needs replacement. With the cutbacks on the elderly in this way, and with doctor's denying they have the space for anymore people on Medicare, those are the real cuts in provider payments.

Now, just because a person is not yet old enough to worry about elderly care, be assured, they will get there one day, and to the younger generation who does not worry too much about this, I would tell them, your time will come.

Repeal it now, before it becomes you.
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#47022 Sep 1, 2012
The Irate Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and vodka into urine. Then I piss on a photo of george WMD bush! I do it every day and I really enjoy it. I'm a third generation one lever Republican. Keep up, as I've stated in many posts, I'm for bringing them all to justice. But we have to start somewhere, and since george WMD bush drove a wedge between me and my family. I think that's a very good place to start. Grow a backbone boy. Join in. It won't happen if the people just continue to let these cretins off the hook.
Prosecute the bush cartel/crime family!
TIR
Chemical engeneering background? Is this Frank? How about describing the full process of photosynthesis, in detail? Plant biology should be a walk in the park, with your vast education!
Sarah Jones

Livingston, TN

#47023 Sep 2, 2012
WATCH MSNBC EACH NIGHT FROM 5:00 TO 10:00 P.M.M-F FOR REAL NEWS ABOUT CONGRESS IN WASHINGTON AND NOT LIED MADE UP BY FOX..

http://www.politicususa.com/personal-now-repu ...
or
http://goo.gl/lARYl

It's Personal Now: Republican Women Explain Why They're Voting Obama

By: Sarah Jones August 24th, 2012

Post Ryan soul mate Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment that exposed the Republican Party's true agenda and anti-women policies of the last several years, the Obama campaign has a new ad out in which women who used to be Republicans explain why they are not voting Republican in this election. They say, "This is personal now."

Women explain why they can no longer support the Republican Party:(video at link)

The women tell us:

"I don't even want to think about them having control, as a woman I don't."

"If you truly believe in a small government. That government shouldn't be deciding what I can and cannot do with my own body."

"There is no way on God's green earth that I would consider voting Republican."

"If you're a conservative woman, and you believe in small government, then Barack Obama is your candidate because he's keeping the government out of the decisions that should remain between you and God, and you and your own conscience."

The Republican Party's abortion platform is so anti women that it makes no exception, even in cases of rape, incest or life of the mother. Republican Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan said when asked if it should it be legal for a woman to be able to get an abortion if she's been raped, "the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life."

Obama has made Jobs the last 29 Months and would have made more if the Republican congress would have let him..Vote Obamafor a better USA,not just 4 the rich people as Romney and the bush family.
Get Rid of all Republicans.. and Mitch Mcconnell lead the pack of dogs to keep Obama from making more jobs
Bitter Beer Face

Elkhorn City, KY

#47025 Sep 2, 2012
Sarah Jones wrote:
WATCH MSNBC EACH NIGHT FROM 5:00 TO 10:00 P.M.M-F FOR REAL NEWS ABOUT CONGRESS IN WASHINGTON AND NOT LIED MADE UP BY FOX..
http://www.politicususa.com/personal-now-repu ...
or
http://goo.gl/lARYl
It's Personal Now: Republican Women Explain Why They're Voting Obama
By: Sarah Jones August 24th, 2012
Post Ryan soul mate Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment that exposed the Republican Party's true agenda and anti-women policies of the last several years, the Obama campaign has a new ad out in which women who used to be Republicans explain why they are not voting Republican in this election. They say, "This is personal now."
Women explain why they can no longer support the Republican Party:(video at link)
The women tell us:
"I don't even want to think about them having control, as a woman I don't."
"If you truly believe in a small government. That government shouldn't be deciding what I can and cannot do with my own body."
"There is no way on God's green earth that I would consider voting Republican."
"If you're a conservative woman, and you believe in small government, then Barack Obama is your candidate because he's keeping the government out of the decisions that should remain between you and God, and you and your own conscience."
The Republican Party's abortion platform is so anti women that it makes no exception, even in cases of rape, incest or life of the mother. Republican Vice Presidential candidate Paul Ryan said when asked if it should it be legal for a woman to be able to get an abortion if she's been raped, "the method of conception doesn't change the definition of life."
Obama has made Jobs the last 29 Months and would have made more if the Republican congress would have let him..Vote Obamafor a better USA,not just 4 the rich people as Romney and the bush family.
Get Rid of all Republicans.. and Mitch Mcconnell lead the pack of dogs to keep Obama from making more jobs
More liberal spew BS !...
i vote

Lexington, KY

#47026 Sep 2, 2012
vote the way you want
I vote Romney 2012

Glasgow, KY

#47027 Sep 2, 2012
I was channel surfing this morning and I watched an interview on "BS"NBC with a Mayor of North Carolina. It was quite comical. The Mayor and BSNBC's commentator stated that Obama won NC last time and the polls show that Romney now has a slight lead on Obama and Romney should be worried. Huh? What? Whut? lol

I watched part of a campaign message (that's what it appeared to be) on CNN about Obama's healthcare law. The only thing that interview did was prove that Obama's healthcare law doesn't even really kick in until 2014 and already it has sent peoples co-pays and insurance premiums through the roof just in anticipation of Obamacare kicking in to effect. Insurance company lawyers already are finding all kinds of loopholes and ways to get around a few things in Obamacare that may not benefit them as much as they would like. Obama, Pelosi, Reid and the whole united democrat political front haven't a clue what all is in the Obamacare law or how it will affect every man, woman and child in the United States of America. Anyone notice that the law does not state "every citizen" of the United States of America...it states "every man, woman and child" in the United States of America.

Wow! Didn't see that mess coming ahead of the democrats unread Obamacare law, did you? lol But it's okay. As people put their children to bed last night and canceled their family vacation because of no money from being unemployed and worrying about how they will make their house payment and hoping they qualify for food stamps and praying gas prices will go down so they can get out there and beg for a job...Obama released his secret ingredients in his homemade beer. Oh what a relief!!!
wtf

Jackson, KY

#47028 Sep 2, 2012
Bitter Beer Face wrote:
<quoted text>More liberal spew BS !...
Get use to it!
lol

Glasgow, KY

#47029 Sep 2, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Get use to it!
OMG...was that little one-liner from the famous topix moron agreeing that it is liberal bullshit? wtf you are a clown and I feel bad making fun of your stupid ass. No wait, I don't feel bad. You are an ass clown and you deserve every spanking you set yourself up for.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#47030 Sep 2, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG...was that little one-liner from the famous topix moron agreeing that it is liberal bullshit? wtf you are a clown and I feel bad making fun of your stupid ass. No wait, I don't feel bad. You are an ass clown and you deserve every spanking you set yourself up for.
You ass clown could not spank a poodle with a horse whip.

Lmfao
Bitter Beer Face

Elkhorn City, KY

#47031 Sep 2, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Get use to it!
never !.. trash mouth moron . Pure liars ,failure to human race all are racist spewing trolls .
wtf

Jackson, KY

#47032 Sep 2, 2012
Bitter Beer Face wrote:
<quoted text>never !.. trash mouth moron . Pure liars ,failure to human race all are racist spewing trolls .
You ass faced butt monkey are a perfect chickenshit Republican.
lol

Glasgow, KY

#47033 Sep 2, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You ass clown could not spank a poodle with a horse whip.
Lmfao
Good morning ass clown! Glad to see you lived another day and are able to be just as stupid as you were yesterday and the day before! Just a little fun fact for you to think about though...you are taking your stupidity to an extreme level and some people now feel sort of bad for making fun of your dumb ass. Not me! The dumber you are the funnier it gets for me! I like you wtf ass clown. Your extreme idiotic posts and your love for the Obamoron messiah and his many failed policies will help catapult you morons to the curb for an early November morning trash pickup!

Please don't ever stop posting. Well, that is, until you are forced to crawl back into the cockroach hole behind the woodwork where you came from...after Obama is booted to the curb in November. Please feel free to showcase your stupidity until then!
wtf

Jackson, KY

#47034 Sep 2, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning ass clown! Glad to see you lived another day and are able to be just as stupid as you were yesterday and the day before! Just a little fun fact for you to think about though...you are taking your stupidity to an extreme level and some people now feel sort of bad for making fun of your dumb ass. Not me! The dumber you are the funnier it gets for me! I like you wtf ass clown. Your extreme idiotic posts and your love for the Obamoron messiah and his many failed policies will help catapult you morons to the curb for an early November morning trash pickup!
Please don't ever stop posting. Well, that is, until you are forced to crawl back into the cockroach hole behind the woodwork where you came from...after Obama is booted to the curb in November. Please feel free to showcase your stupidity until then!
Why are people in Glagow so f' ing stupid and uneducated?

Poot little country hicks are hilarious.

Keep it up shit stain.
frank

Oakland, CA

#47035 Sep 2, 2012
this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Let me set you straight pendejo!
These are my friends we discuss and debate politics.
I'm a liberal/progressive Democrat.
But we still can throw-down together comprehend.
I don't support Rand Paul...ok
So find out all you can about your enemy before you attack.
Makes for a easy battle.
As for you.
Well you're incoherent ramblings makes me doubt you have any political
knowledge worth debating.
bonswa mi amoure!
How can a man, a supposedly patriotic American, have five sons that never volunteered for this country's military service ask for my or anyone's vote? Five sons and not one served ... is this a new kind of American leader -- a leader for the privileged?
To the GOP ‘truth’ is something to be created by repetition. Republicans don't have to accept evolution, economics, climatology or human sexuality, but we need them to admit the historical existence of George W. Bush.
Syl

Broken Arrow, OK

#47036 Sep 2, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>..just out today: obama relative has a large life poster of senator obama. saying: the kenyen, that made senator of the u.s. now who's crazy?...fox news? glen beck? bill o"reilly? really?
Wonder how much he was paid to hang it up. Any way Obama probably mailed it to him along with copies of his speeches.
Any one see the lone homeless man holding up a sign saying "Fox Lies" He was paid. There was no other people around like there would be if there was a protest going on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min Another Vet 4,856
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 min Jobs Lost 26,274
Save .50 cents 11 min Unbelievable facts 9
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 36 min BIG_STEVIE 16,169
Is O'Roarkes Closing 1 hr Been there done that 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,030
Melissa Begley (Apr '13) 9 hr hbn 6
Josh Powell of Montgomery County Schools has hi... 17 hr Username 62
•••
•••

Mount Sterling Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mount Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mount Sterling News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount Sterling
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••