'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story
Homeland Insecurity

Abingdon, VA

#45234 Aug 10, 2012
Hello wrote:
Yea this thing is slow as molasses,LOL!!!
What does that do?
Homeland Insecurity

Abingdon, VA

#45235 Aug 10, 2012
F-11 I ment
Hello

Greenup, KY

#45236 Aug 10, 2012
HP Compaq--About 2yrs. old..

Maybe Frankie can talk to it??LOL..
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45237 Aug 10, 2012
Homeland Insecurity wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine is an ASUS (not acer)1 and 1/2 years old, can't wacth a vidio of anything? uninstalled and re-installed Google Chrome and adobe flash player? got the latest version of both! Happened just after installing AVG security??? Had it removed and refunded today, still no change!
Don't ever pay for any of it.
There's sooo much good out there that's FREE!!!

First off do you use....never mind don't tell me what you use, you'll be telling the whole world.

CCleaner.
Malwarebytes
MicroSoftSecurityEssentials
McAfee
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45238 Aug 10, 2012
Plus turn on what's on your pc to start with in your Control Panel, in the Security Center.
Don't forget your Firewalls!
Hello

Greenup, KY

#45239 Aug 10, 2012
F-11 on start up will clean everything off your computer or in the case of this one it took it back to the factory partician & settings..

I lost alot of good stuff and it wasn't running any better..
Homeland Insecurity

Abingdon, VA

#45240 Aug 10, 2012
Hello wrote:
HP Compaq--About 2yrs. old..
Maybe Frankie can talk to it??LOL..
HP is the best, but malware is malware, I am a little mad since I took mine to Geek Squad about 2 mo ago and had it tuned and cleaned? have wondered about this site being the sorce???? Gotta Go for tonight, pick my wife up , she is not fond of me chating on here!hehe. If anyone comes up with any ideas post and I will read in the morning.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45241 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
NORTON free trial might clean it up some? Dont recomend AVG as their free trial was about to expire and I paid for a year, mine got worse?
Don't get Norton....it take up TOO much space and does not do any better than the FREE does....

It just makes you "think" it does....
Kinds like "politicians".....

They want your money BUT nothing in return!:)
Homeland Insecurity

Abingdon, VA

#45242 Aug 10, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever pay for any of it.
There's sooo much good out there that's FREE!!!
First off do you use....never mind don't tell me what you use, you'll be telling the whole world.
CCleaner.
Malwarebytes
MicroSoftSecurityEssentials
McAfee
Thanks
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45243 Aug 10, 2012
Where's Ari when ya need him?:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45244 Aug 10, 2012
Hello wrote:
F-11 on start up will clean everything off your computer or in the case of this one it took it back to the factory partician & settings..
I lost alot of good stuff and it wasn't running any better..
Then you have to download your media players and stuff back on to it.....
Sounds like...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45245 Aug 10, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you have to download your media players and stuff back on to it.....
Sounds like...
ALL of your updates....etc.....
Takes a while.....

Mine is about 6 years old....
Still works GREAT!!!!

I keep it "fine-tuned".....

Go to where it "automatically" notifies you to do a lot of that for you! After you first download....

You can go online and put your Model # in and it will give you instructions on "what" to use.....
Hello

Greenup, KY

#45246 Aug 10, 2012
Thanks Lady..
Hello

Greenup, KY

#45247 Aug 10, 2012
You tube keeps saying my browser is out of date#7,Should I update the browser as recommended??
Thanks again..
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45248 Aug 10, 2012
Hello wrote:
You tube keeps saying my browser is out of date#7,Should I update the browser as recommended??
Thanks again..
Can you copy/paste the www at the top for me?
It could be a "trick"
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45249 Aug 10, 2012
The link if you will....
Depends upon what you know about pc's....or me :)
Jay

Paris, TN

#45250 Aug 10, 2012
<quoted text>
NORTON free trial might clean it up some? Dont recomend AVG as their free trial was about to expire and I paid for a year, mine got worse?

I had AVG a few years ago. It stopped checking incoming email and told me I was in jeopardy. It would not let me fix it no matter what I did. So I gave up on them. Since then I switched to Avast, which is free and it's great. It has all kinds of options and scans everywhere you go. Also, free is "Malwarebytes." You run that for a few minutes and it scans for viruses, malware and trojans. In the end it gives you the option to delete or put to vault. Both of these are free versions and are renewable every year. They will send a notice and you just hit the renew option.

If you're not opposed to paying for Avast you do get more but mostly it's for people who work in offices and use their computer for on line banking, which I would never do, so the free one works good for me.

You may also want to try a defrag, sometimes files get corrupted or misplaced, and defrag will sometimes bring it all together for you.

Hope this helps a little.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45251 Aug 10, 2012
Is it working?
Sometimes they will send out lil "spybots" for you to click on.....
and ZAP...
Before you know it....
A "Trojan" has ATTACKed or attached!

Keyboard commando's too.....
Every key you strike, they can see(read or whatever @ a later time)!
Jay

Paris, TN

#45252 Aug 10, 2012
My tech. put Malwarebytes on my computer for me. It was free and took only a few mintues. When it's done, it puts an icon on the desktop and all you do is double-click and it comes up. Run a scan and occasionally check for updates which you will see at the top.

If you Google "Malwarebytes free" - you can read it for yourself as well as the opinions of others. One more thing....with Malwarebytes it does not run in the background like Avast. You have to run it yourself every now and then or as often as you wish.

Pretty cool item. 8)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45254 Aug 10, 2012
Lakota See Through Obama
&fe ature=related

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eric flickinger 34 min mr.bordman 2
Moco football 38 min what do U expect 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min SNYB 131,477
enima before anal or after 45 min good grief 8
What is the baddest motor scooter? 1 hr Lil brother trucker 38
missed you this year 2 hr mr.bordman 2
To all the fat cops 2 hr mr.bordman 11
School Board Race 7 hr Yep 60
Mount Sterling Dating
Find my Match