First Prev
of 2
Next Last
buster blue

United States

#1 Sep 27, 2012
coal contributes a great amount to our colleges and look at the Coal Lodge for UK basketball but chandler supports obamas anti-coal policy and shows no loyalty to Kentucky and the people who elected him.
blue fan

United States

#2 Oct 3, 2012
chandler has had political job since 1991, time for term limits.
Rolling my eyes

United States

#3 Oct 3, 2012
All these backwoods people around here are gonna have to figure out that sooner or later we have to switch to alternative energies. Yes, coal supplies jobs but there will be jobs with alternative forms of energy too. Coal is becoming a thing of the past and Kentucky is still living in the past!
mistrust

Jackson, KY

#4 Oct 3, 2012
Rolling my eyes wrote:
All these backwoods people around here are gonna have to figure out that sooner or later we have to switch to alternative energies. Yes, coal supplies jobs but there will be jobs with alternative forms of energy too. Coal is becoming a thing of the past and Kentucky is still living in the past!
no,coal has a bright future.it is used in many things.obama is out to destroy the country,to waste every job and dollar he can.after the country collapses economically,then the foreign countries move in to use the people of this country as cheap disposable labor.they will mine the coal because they know what to use it for,it seems many like yourself don't know anything about coal.but you will learn.
Rolling my eyes

United States

#5 Oct 3, 2012
And when coal helps contribute to the collapse of society we'll see how bright all our futures are.
info

Winchester, KY

#6 Oct 3, 2012
If coal is a thing of the past,why are a lot of other countries using the h_ll out of it.
stacy

United States

#7 Oct 4, 2012
Rolling my eyes wrote:
i believe that you are rolling your eyes too much,you certainly are not aware of modern coal utilization methods.
carter

United States

#8 Oct 4, 2012
Rolling my eyes wrote:
And when coal helps contribute to the collapse of society we'll see how bright all our futures are.
obama is contributing collapse of America.
RealClear

Richmond, KY

#9 Oct 4, 2012
There are no coal mines in the 6th district that Barr and Chandler are running in. So you have to ask why is Barr worried about coal and coal miners? It's simple follow the money.

http://www.opensecrets.org/races/indus.php...
county club coach

Hobart, IN

#10 Oct 4, 2012
Rolling my eyes wrote:
Please explain how this hsppens??
info

Winchester, KY

#11 Oct 4, 2012
RealClear you really don't get it do you,it's about jobs and destroying peoples way off life and communities,higher electric bills and so on.it will affect all of us in some shape or form.it's real clear to me that azzbama and chandler and the other demorats don't care.
mistrust

Jackson, KY

#13 Oct 4, 2012
RealClear wrote:
There are no coal mines in the 6th district that Barr and Chandler are running in. So you have to ask why is Barr worried about coal and coal miners? It's simple follow the money.
coal is important to ky.it's important to the state government in what is called the coal severance tax.it has it's part in determining the state budget.coal is vital to ky and all estimates show we have several hundred years of coal reserves if mined at the rate of the years that had the most output.we need to use our coal.i don't know of anything else in ky that would produce the tax money that coal would.
wondering

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Oct 4, 2012
Have you been to the mines latly? What is left is hard to get and there is not much of it.
Someone better be looking to other types of fuel
mistrust wrote:
<quoted text>no,coal has a bright future.it is used in many things.obama is out to destroy the country,to waste every job and dollar he can.after the country collapses economically,then the foreign countries move in to use the people of this country as cheap disposable labor.they will mine the coal because they know what to use it for,it seems many like yourself don't know anything about coal.but you will learn.
ben

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Oct 4, 2012
The state is selling a lot of those black coal license plate at around 30.00 a pop ,the state sure takes in a lot of money on them.no coal no plate.I have purchased 2 of them myself this year.
mistrust

Jackson, KY

#16 Oct 5, 2012
wondering wrote:
Have you been to the mines latly? What is left is hard to get and there is not much of it.
Someone better be looking to other types of fuel
<quoted text>
you've got to be kidding.kentucky is not running out of coal.coal mining needs to going in eastern ky,it's making positive changes.our state government has treated east ky like the red headed stepchild.ben chandler's grandpa,happy chandler critizised bert t. combs for the building of the mountain parkway,he called it the road to nowhere.since bert combs any governor that tries to make a change in east ky will pay a price like martha layne collins did.we are a one party state.we don't have a real republican party.it exist as the repub party but it doesn't have any muscle,it's for show,like"see we're bi-partisan".now notice how big the daniel boone forest is getting.that thing gets bigger every year.there is lot's of coal in there.you ever wonder why it keeps growing? and it's not about saving the enviroment.
fryman

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2012
RealClear wrote:
Possibly you not aware of the contributions that coal makes to University of Kentucky. Last i heard it is in 6th district!
victor

United States

#18 Oct 5, 2012
RealClear wrote:
It is not wise to let Party lines blind you to Common sence. A lot of Eastern Ketucky money comes to the Bluegrass! I supported Chandler in the past and hosted a fund raiser for him,but when he turned against coal then he turned against Kentucky!
mistrust

Jackson, KY

#19 Oct 5, 2012
fryman wrote:
<quoted text>Possibly you not aware of the contributions that coal makes to University of Kentucky. Last i heard it is in 6th district!
that's right.uk owns the robinson forest which is in 3 counties,perry,breathitt and knott.they own a lot of coal there.uk did have strip mining in the robinson forest back in the nineties into early 2000's.they seem anxious to go back in to mine more.they even built a ranch on stripped mine land,brought a rancher from texas to run it and it was very interesting because it looked like you were out west on a ranch.they don't publicize this much about what they do on reclaimed land,they like to keep it quite.Plus the coal operators and miners spend a lot of money in lexington in particular.
Rolling My Eyes

Morehead, KY

#20 Oct 5, 2012
county club coach wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain how this hsppens??
Well lots of ways...first of all coal, like oil is a fossil fuel. Supply can't keep up with demand. Yes it's renewable, but we're using it up faster than it can renew! And what's even more scary is that we've become entirely too dependent on it. Have you ever thought about what would happen if oil and coal went away RIGHT NOW?! It would be total anarchy! Because we haven't given ourselves any other options. Ethanol is about our only other option and we can't raise enough corn to keep up with the demand either. Another way is that the use of fossil fuels is contributing to Global Warming. Laugh at it all you want, but it's a real problem and our world could be dramatically different in 100 years if Global Warming continues at the rate it's going. You should watch Earth 2100 on the History Channel sometime. It's scary...and it's VERY possible!

I hear all this crap about gay marriage and how everyone is so torn up about. For the record I'm straight, married and have kids...so I don't have an axe to grind, but I just don't see how gay marriage is an issue when their are issues like alternative energies and terrorism etc. that could actually have a serious impact on our survival in the long term.

And for the record...yes I'm a liberal and surprise I was born and bred in Eastern Kentucky. Not sure how that happened.
my god you are dumb

Georgetown, KY

#21 Oct 5, 2012
Rolling My Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever thought about what would happen if oil and coal went away RIGHT NOW?! It would be total anarchy! Because we haven't given ourselves any other options.
Buddy, anarchy is on the way... What you should really care about is how Ben Chandler is a lying sack of sh*t... Even more, you should worry about Cap'N Trade... who do you think forced this garbage through... President Bush? I don't think so...
Ben Chandler & Pres. Obama are lying sacks of sh*t... end of story.
If this loser gets re-elected as President he'll have even MORE morons like Ben Chandler in his pocket but the ironic thing will be when he completely sells out the USA to Europe.
Don't worry about coal and oil... Worry about the muslim coon trying to sell your liberty for a couple Euro's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Disciple of Darkn... 170,519
billy anderson (Apr '16) 4 hr Nicegirl 4
Cooper Standard 3rd Shift [email protected]#es 4 hr Steve 10
Duckbill 12 hr redrum 2
Puppies/Dogs 15 hr DogLover 1
Roy Moore 18 hr Greg 41
Reward for Nicole Penix Vanzant (Feb '09) 20 hr classof2000 51

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages