what will the board do
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concerned

Belvidere, IL

#1 Jan 17, 2013
I just don't see how Josh Powell could come back after the drama he has created. If the board members let him come back it would not be in the best interest of the students. Domestic violence is taken very seriously in Kentucky. I think the last board screwed up by bringing this man in. What do you think?
What

United States

#2 Jan 17, 2013
concerned wrote:
I just don't see how Josh Powell could come back after the drama he has created. If the board members let him come back it would not be in the best interest of the students. Domestic violence is taken very seriously in Kentucky. I think the last board screwed up by bringing this man in. What do you think?
What in the world are you talking about.
Why would they bring him back when he never left.
C C C

United States

#3 Jan 17, 2013
concerned wrote:
If it wasn't for the terrible teachers MC had, Powell would have never got brought in, in the first place.
The best thing the board ever did, was bring Powell in, and fire all those useless pieces of crap teachers. The MC school system had turned into a disaster zone, and every teacher that got fired deserved it, most should have had a little jail time also.
We finally have teachers who put the students first, something MC hadn't had before. Most of the teachers who got canned still haven't found another teaching job, because they are so pitiful. Most of them just stay on topix still crying about losing their job!
concerned

Woodstock, IL

#4 Jan 17, 2013
I'm not going to mention what he did on here. Lets just say he has no family values. He needs to get his life straightened out and get out of dodge because he has lost all respect from most people here.
concerned

Woodstock, IL

#5 Jan 17, 2013
It will come out soon enough. He is on a leave of absence for personal reasons.
jr sample

Georgetown, KY

#6 Jan 17, 2013
Is this true? If it is the man needs to go. I don't have a a dog in the fight because my kids are grown. Did he have an affair with the PR woman? Did he promote her because of the affair? Did he threaten his wife who is pregnant with there fifth child? If an epo was served on Powell then I don't see any possible way he could keep his job. When the media finds out about this they will make the school system look so stupid. I think the board members will investigate this and get the truth. If these things are true then I would make some changes. I have heard some very negative things about his past and he should of never been hired.
I wonder

Mount Sterling, KY

#7 Jan 17, 2013
I wonder if the paper will have any info on this? The superintendent having charges for anything violent sounds like news to me.
Valued Customer

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Call the newspaper and ask why it won't be in there.
french fried waffles

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2013
I was wondering why they had that list of elected officials phone numbers on the front page this week when it usually runs buried in the paper. So wonder why they stripped that story off the front page?
Tv has it

United States

#11 Jan 17, 2013
News channels have it now ! Oh my how this looks on our community . All the children he has let down and our tax dollars are suppose to support this behavior . Not going to happen , we are depending on our board to remove him . Shame on them both , remove her also . She can be demoted as the rest have been . We will protest loud and clear our school system is better than this .
wonder

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2013
What channel
fishy

Morehead, KY

#13 Jan 17, 2013
The rumor is the Advocate was going to report it, then Powell's wife went in there with her lawyer and threatened them not to print the story. So they had to find something quick to replace the story, thus the elected officials on the front page.

I bet she'd being threatened/blackmailed by Joshua Powell. That would also explain why she recinded the restraining order.

I'd also like to know what channel (or other media) has the story, and if they have/are reporting on it.
True

Georgetown, KY

#14 Jan 17, 2013
The situation was too "he said, she said" for the paper to run it. Needs more sides of the story, they don't want to run an attack piece.
True

Georgetown, KY

#15 Jan 17, 2013
From what I know mrs Powell went to the advocate, in fear from her husband after she filed an epo. If she has any friends that know the full story, they need to stand with her against him.
fishy

Morehead, KY

#16 Jan 17, 2013
True wrote:
The situation was too "he said, she said" for the paper to run it. Needs more sides of the story, they don't want to run an attack piece.
There is a restraining order filed and supposedly a 911 tape of her calling for help.
Board Meeting

Hawesville, KY

#17 Jan 17, 2013
Was this addressed at the board meeting? Employee matters can be handled in executive session, but any action must be stated in the open part of the board meeting. If the board granted a leave of absense it must state so in the open meeting, and state the vote. Anybody attend?
fishy

Morehead, KY

#18 Jan 17, 2013
Board Meeting wrote:
Was this addressed at the board meeting? Employee matters can be handled in executive session, but any action must be stated in the open part of the board meeting. If the board granted a leave of absense it must state so in the open meeting, and state the vote. Anybody attend?
Here is a link to the board meeting agenda from a few days ago. Note at the bottom it lists the closed door meeting.

http://www.montgomery.kyschools.us/docs/Board...

Here is the statute they refer to in the agenda. It looks like according to part (f) of this statute, they don't need to hold those talks in public unless the person getting disciplined objects.

http://lrc.ky.gov/KRS/061-00/810.PDF
True

Georgetown, KY

#19 Jan 17, 2013
fishy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a restraining order filed and supposedly a 911 tape of her calling for help.
Then call the advocate! Lets make this story huge!
french fried waffles

Mount Sterling, KY

#20 Jan 18, 2013
It's not he said/she said if there is an actual restraining order that has been filed. That's public record. They could sue, but they couldn't win. It's not libel if you report the facts, people. The board and the Advocate need to do their job.
jr sample

Georgetown, KY

#21 Jan 18, 2013
If the media has this then ir's katie bar tge door because they will have a field day out of this. Tge school system will look terrible again. Thanks to the board members who voted this kid in. Grow up Powell!"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to meet single women? (Apr '15) 2 hr Kathy marcum 29
Adrian Link (May '11) 3 hr flink 89
adrian link pill dealer (Dec '11) 3 hr flink 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CCR 165,497
Deborah Shouse 3 hr Lmao 9
Drug bust 3 hr Chris P 33
Haney family 4 hr down the lane. 5

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance