keeping our kids safe
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stevens
#1 Dec 19, 2012
we dont need guns that have alot of shooting copacity, lets get rid of them before our kids get hurt or killed
SJ

Georgetown, KY

#2 Dec 19, 2012
stevens wrote:
we dont need guns that have alot of shooting copacity, lets get rid of them before our kids get hurt or killed
It's not the guns that are the problem a criminal can get whatever they want when they want it doesn't matter if they're outlawed a criminal doesn't play by the rules anyway.
sally j

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Dec 19, 2012
we shoudl outlaw all of the guns or tax the people that buy them they are the ones ruinnng this country!
What a shame

Winchester, KY

#4 Dec 19, 2012
sally j wrote:
we shoudl outlaw all of the guns or tax the people that buy them they are the ones ruinnng this country!
It's a shame to waste the air that you breath.
wtf-ever

Mount Sterling, KY

#5 Dec 19, 2012
guns are a neccessary evil.they are good for the ones who are obeying laws.just like with a car.u can turn a car into a weapon,hell u can turn just about damn near everything into a weapon.just gotta stay on your toes and do the job the local law aint able to do.u cant depend on them %100 of the time....just saying.
SJ

Georgetown, KY

#6 Dec 20, 2012
sally j wrote:

Are you for real? Do you think some criminal who breaks laws can't get a gun if they're outlawed. I mean all drugs are outlawed and all you have to do is go around the corner and get them. The only thing some idiot is going to do by outlawing guns is screw the law abiding citizens! That way when some criminal who got a gun illegally comes in your house you can point your broom at him and say get out. Yeah good luck with that because of you obey the law and don't own one you really are defenseless!
retail

Tucker, GA

#7 Dec 20, 2012
So should we outlaw cars just because people drink and drive and kill ? That's the same thing and saying guns kill people, cars kill people too, right?
leroy

Mount Sterling, KY

#8 Dec 20, 2012
sally j wrote:
I bet you are fat,should we outlaw spoons!!!!
stevens

Georgetown, KY

#9 Dec 20, 2012
retail wrote:
So should we outlaw cars just because people drink and drive and kill ? That's the same thing and saying guns
people, cars kill people
too, right?
well i have never seen a car rush into a school building and kill 28 people
duh

Mount Sterling, KY

#10 Dec 20, 2012
stevens wrote:
<quoted text> well i have never seen a car rush into a school building and kill 28 people
But cars have ran over multiple people in parades. Guess you want to get rid of airplanes so they wont crash into buildings too? What about drugs that kill thousands (that are outlawed but still available)? Just another idiot that wants to jump on the nut wagon.
craziness

Winchester, KY

#11 Dec 20, 2012
stevens wrote:
<quoted text>well i have never seen a car rush into a school building and kill 28 people
It would be nice if outlawing certain kinds of guns would prevent more tragedy, but the sad truth is it won't. People who want to kill, will kill. The guy who murdered those children had no criminal record and he stole the guns from his mother. You never know what tomorrow holds and I would like to think if needed we could protect ourselves. More people are killed by drink drivers than guns and we aren't outlawing alcohol. People have to take responsibility for their actions and a lot of violence can be stopped if we humans learned empathy and compassion for others.
ColeT

Georgetown, KY

#12 Dec 20, 2012
stevens wrote:
<quoted text> well i have never seen a car rush into a school building and kill 28 people
No, but, airplanes have been used to hit buildings and kill thousands.
Dont be a lousy parent

Winchester, KY

#13 Dec 20, 2012
Adam Lanza was left alone for three days, while his mother was at a Spa. She had told a friend she felt like she was losing him and then decided to take a Spa vacation without getting anyone to look after her son. And she had taken him out to a shooting range to teach him how to shoot, not a responsible mother at all. Seems like the father walked away and didn't want anything to do with them after the divorce.
wtf-ever

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Dec 20, 2012
im pretty sure those ppl who do horrible things such as what u speak of had friends or a group of ppl that they associated with,maybe if ppl started giving a shit and caring for there fellow man by talking more often and staying in touch and just overallshow a genuine concern for each other then this stuff wouldnt happen.i make it a point to look a person in the eye and say "good day isnt it?" when im out and about.i would feel much safer and content knowing i left a smile on their face then otherwise saying nothin and offer a cold blank look of mistrust.wake the f*ck up ppl.stuff like this happens for a reason.u dont want to fear for your life everytime u go out?then you'd better start leading a life worth living.show some compassion
Dont be a lousy parent

Winchester, KY

#15 Dec 20, 2012
wtf-ever wrote:
im pretty sure those ppl who do horrible things such as what u speak of had friends or a group of ppl that they associated with,maybe if ppl started giving a shit and caring for there fellow man by talking more often and staying in touch and just overallshow a genuine concern for each other then this stuff wouldnt happen.i make it a point to look a person in the eye and say "good day isnt it?" when im out and about.i would feel much safer and content knowing i left a smile on their face then otherwise saying nothin and offer a cold blank look of mistrust.wake the f*ck up ppl.stuff like this happens for a reason.u dont want to fear for your life everytime u go out?then you'd better start leading a life worth living.show some compassion
This kid never looked anyone in the eyes. He couldn't stand to be touched. A medical condition also kept him from feeling anything and his mother had told the babysitter from years ago that he could hurt himself and not even know it. She had told a friend that he started burning himself and telling her that he just wanted to feel something. And the hair dresser spoke of his weird ways, he never talked to her and would only move from one place to the next when his mother told him to do so. He was not just an average person, he had no friends and an old classmate said that other kids were frightened by him and that was back when he was in third grade. Special needs children and adults don't get the care they need. This world is so full of hate, that it will all be pointed at guns, instead of making mental health a top priority. There are so many people that need mental health care and can't get it because of cost, she had plenty of money and just recently looked into taking him to seek help.
SJ

Georgetown, KY

#16 Dec 20, 2012
stevens wrote:
<quoted text>well i have never seen a car rush into a school building and kill 28 people
What about an air plane? You think there weren't kids in those buildings...it's not the plane, the car, or the gun it's the idiots that behind them that's the problem. The problem is there are people out there that want to take away something that protects the innocent. So unless you carry a cop around in your pocket I think I'll keep my guns thanks
stevens

Georgetown, KY

#17 Dec 20, 2012
duh wrote:
<quoted text>
But cars have ran over multiple people in parades. Guess you want to get rid of airplanes so they wont crash into buildings too? What about drugs that kill thousands (that are outlawed but still available)? Just another idiot that wants to jump on the nut wagon.
no im not a idiot im a concern parent that has kids in schools and i dont want to get rid of my guns either but something has to be done to prevent this from happening again.
ColeT

Pikeville, KY

#18 Dec 20, 2012
COMMON SENSE!!
CRAZY PERSON + GUN = DANGER
DRUG ADDICT + DRUGS = DANGER
TERRORIST + AIRPLANES = DANGER
CRIMINAL + LAWS = LAW BREAKER
CRAZY PERSON + ANY KIND OF OBJECT = DANGER
DRUNK + VEHICLE = DANGER
ETC.........ETC......ETC.....
COMMON SENSE PEOPLE!!
well

Owensboro, KY

#19 Dec 20, 2012
good grief, no matter if there was no guns or cars death would still happen, crazy people or highly intellegent people would find a means to do these horrible things. Do any of u know about Bath Michigan disaster? 1929 School bombed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disa...

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, and four other adults; at least 58 people were injured. The perpetrator first killed his wife, and committed suicide with his last explosion. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7–14 years of age[1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.[2]

The bomber was the school board treasurer Andrew Kehoe, age 55, who was angry after being defeated in the spring 1926 election for township clerk. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after that public defeat; he had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings. For much of the next year, a neighbor noticed Kehoe had stopped working on his farm and thought he might be planning suicide. During that period, Kehoe carried out steps in his plan to destroy the school and his farm by purchasing and hiding explosives.

Kehoe's wife was ill with tuberculosis and he had stopped making mortgage payments; he was under pressure for foreclosure. Some time between May 16 and the morning of May 18, 1927, Kehoe murdered his wife by hitting her on the head. On the morning of May 18 about 8:45, he exploded incendiary devices in his house and farm buildings, setting them on fire and destroying them.
well

Owensboro, KY

#20 Dec 20, 2012
Killed in the disaster(1929 Bath Michigan school bombing)

news and tv were not as available back then as today, so sad to have this kind of thing repeated in this day and age! Bless all the little Angels of yesterdays explosions n todays shooters!

Before the school bombing
Nellie Kehoe, age 52, wife of Andrew Kehoe.

Killed in the school bombing
Arnold V. Bauerle, age 8, 3rd grade.
Henry Bergan, age 14, 6th grade.
Herman Bergan age 11, 4th grade.
Emilie M. Bromundt, age 11, 5th grade.
Robert F. Bromundt, age 12, 5th grade.
Floyd E. Burnett, age 12, 6th grade.
Russell J. Chapman, age 8, 4th grade.
F. Robert Cochran, age 8, 3rd grade.
Ralph A. Cushman, age 7, 3rd grade.
Earl E. Ewing, age 11, 6th grade.
Katherine O. Foote, age 10, 6th grade.
Marjorie Fritz, age 9, 4th grade.
Carlyle W. Geisenhaver, age 9, 4th grade.
George P. Hall Jr., age 8, 3rd grade.
Willa M. Hall, age 11, 5th grade.
Iola I. Hart, age 12, 6th grade.
Percy E. Hart, age 11, 3rd grade.
Vivian O. Hart, age 8, 3rd grade.
Blanche E. Harte, age 30, teacher.
Gailand L. Harte, age 12, 6th grade.
LaVere R. Harte, age 9, 4th grade.
Stanley H. Harte, age 12, 6th grade.
Francis O. Hoeppner, age 13, 6th grade.
Cecial L. Hunter, age 13, 6th grade.
Doris E. Johns, age 8, 3rd grade.
Thelma I. MacDonald, age 8, 3rd grade.
Clarence W. McFarren, age 13, 6th grade.
J. Emerson Medcoff, age 8, 4th grade.
Emma A. Nickols, age 13, 6th grade.
Richard D. Richardson, age 12, 6th grade.
Elsie M. Robb, age 12, 6th grade.
Pauline M. Shirts, age 10, 5th grade.
Hazel I. Weatherby, age 21, teacher.
Elizabeth J. Witchell, age 10, 5th grade.
Lucile J. Witchell, age 9, 5th grade.
Harold L. Woodman, age 8, 3rd grade.
George O. Zimmerman, age 10, 3rd grade.
Lloyd Zimmerman, age 12, 5th grade.

Killed by the truck bombing
Andrew P. Kehoe, age 55, perpetrator.
Emory E. Huyck, age 33, superintendent.
G. Cleo Claton, age 8, 2nd grade.
Nelson McFarren, age 74, retired farmer.
Glenn O. Smith, age 33, postmaster.

Died later of injuries
Beatrice P. Gibbs, age 10, 4th grade.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump inauguration 3 min Jubal 36
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 39 min usa 158,130
Add a word Drop a word (Apr '10) 4 hr 2twisted 4,065
good lawyer for ss disability 5 hr Local15 5
3 Fitness Gyms 21 hr Richard simmons 9
Andrea gabbard (Apr '16) 23 hr Wondering 3
Why are some people so mean? Sat Horst 7

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance