shelly

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2013
Call them! Tell them what's going on"!!! They don't know unless u report them! U don't have to give ur name!! I don't blame u for doing it!!!!
tweet

Duluth, GA

#3 Mar 5, 2013
I wanna know how people live in estill terrace and drive hummers and big nice SUVs
mind your own

Beloit, WI

#4 Mar 6, 2013
Keep your nose in your own business.
so true

Mount Sterling, KY

#5 Mar 6, 2013
Tired wrote:
I think the housing authority should go through estill terrace (mainly) and get a good eye on who is living there. I have been trying to get in myself for a while now and I actually need it. I drive through estill terrace often to see friends living up there and I constantly see 5-8 people living in the same apartment. I highly doubt there is an 8 bedroom apartment in the area, the biggest is 4 from what I understand. Check into it Ron Clark, quit slacking. Some of us actually need housing.
I hear you but even if you do report them they probably won't do anything. I live in Brooks and the girl next to me is a pill head and has moved in her boyfriend and his kid without telling them. The kid is there every other weekend but still. On some weekends there are six to seven people in that place and its three bedrooms. She has her own kids they are loud and up at all hours. They come and bum stuff or try to sell stuff. Turned them in weeks ago but nothing has happened. So good luck to you.
honest

Paris, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2013
I to live on Brooks. And I have lived up here for along time. Well I cant figure out who you are talking about. And just maybe they know the boyfriend and his kid come there every weekend. Heck there are times my teenage kids are loud and stay up all night but that isnt breaking any rules. Heck there are times I barrow stuff from my neighbors and my neighbors barrow stuff from me. And just maybe one reason the Housing Authority probably hasn't done anything because your are the only person to complain about it. Sometimes they probably think that just maybe the person comlaining is just wanting to start trouble. And for all them nice vechiles down estill maybe they work long hours somewhere to get that vechile. Heck I know someone in Brooks thats a nurse and makes 23 an hr and she drives a nice vechile it dont mean nothing. Yeah I do agree on one thing they do need to clean up the projects. Ron Clark knows what he is doing.
so true

Mount Sterling, KY

#7 Mar 7, 2013
honest wrote:
I to live on Brooks. And I have lived up here for along time. Well I cant figure out who you are talking about. And just maybe they know the boyfriend and his kid come there every weekend. Heck there are times my teenage kids are loud and stay up all night but that isnt breaking any rules. Heck there are times I barrow stuff from my neighbors and my neighbors barrow stuff from me. And just maybe one reason the Housing Authority probably hasn't done anything because your are the only person to complain about it. Sometimes they probably think that just maybe the person comlaining is just wanting to start trouble. And for all them nice vechiles down estill maybe they work long hours somewhere to get that vechile. Heck I know someone in Brooks thats a nurse and makes 23 an hr and she drives a nice vechile it dont mean nothing. Yeah I do agree on one thing they do need to clean up the projects. Ron Clark knows what he is doing.
No the guys kid only stays every other weekend when he gets her and trust me they don't know he is there because he has already been kicked out before and can not stay in housing. I'm not trying to cause trouble but when you work and come home and try to sleep, is hard with kids hitting the walls and her yelling at three or four in the morning. I can assure you that I'm not the only one to turn her in because four of us went in together to complain weeks ago. It wouldn't be that bad if it was an every now and then thing but it is an everyday thing.
honest

Paris, KY

#8 Mar 7, 2013
I still dont know who you are talking about. You must be talking about the lower end. I live around the circle. We really havent had that much trouble around the circle. I do yell at my kids alot. Hopefully I wont get in trouble for that. Maybe Ron is just going over everything before he does something.
voice of reason

Mount Sterling, KY

#9 Mar 7, 2013
honest wrote:

But someone making $23hr and driving an expensive car shouldn't NEED to live up there. The people working the lower paying jobs who are struggling NEED to live there. It makes little sense that anyone making $23hr should live in a housing project.
honest

Paris, KY

#10 Mar 7, 2013
I know two people that are nurses that live up on Brooks. And they have lived up here for along time. I guess its the student loans that make them egilable for the apartment. Plus one of them have her older kids living with her. I would rather have them living up here than people that don't work or that do drugs. They are very nice people.
guess what

Winchester, KY

#11 Mar 7, 2013
The people who live up there for 16 dollars a month get the rest of the their rent funded by the GOVERNMENT...that nurse gets nothing funded...she pays max rent. she gets to continue to live there because she was not a nurse when she moved in but put herself through nursing school while living there...On top of paying max rent she also has other bills and student loans to pay for. You people should be glad there is a nurse living there paying full rent because let a crack whore move in with no job and see if your rent doesn't go up.
guess what

Winchester, KY

#12 Mar 7, 2013
The people who live up there paying 16 dollars a month in rent get the rest of their rent paid by the GOVERNMENT....that nurse probably gets nothing funded and pays max rent on top of student loans and other bills. She is allowed to continue living there because she was not a nurse when she moved in but instead of taking handouts she put herself through nursing school and cannot be kicked out because she makes "to much money." They need people up there that can afford max rent to make up for what they lose on other people living for pretty much free. YOu should be glad she lives there and pays what she does. Let them kick out all the people who can afford max rent and move crack whores in with ten kids and see if your rent doesn't go up.
voice of reason

Mount Sterling, KY

#14 Mar 7, 2013
guess what wrote:
The people who live up there paying 16 dollars a month in rent get the rest of their rent paid by the GOVERNMENT....that nurse probably gets nothing funded and pays max rent on top of student loans and other bills. She is allowed to continue living there because she was not a nurse when she moved in but instead of taking handouts she put herself through nursing school and cannot be kicked out because she makes "to much money." They need people up there that can afford max rent to make up for what they lose on other people living for pretty much free. YOu should be glad she lives there and pays what she does. Let them kick out all the people who can afford max rent and move crack whores in with ten kids and see if your rent doesn't go up.
I see what you are saying, but still think someone in more dire need might benefit more from it. Won't affect me in the least if she moves, seeing as I don't live in the housing projects.
Honest

Paris, KY

#15 Mar 8, 2013
We do have alot people that work and pay full rent. Heck I was one of them before I became disabled. We have some elderly and couple of other people that are disabled that live off of there checks. But there are couple of young ones that don't work and I have no idea how they pay their rent or anything else up here. I have lived up here for along time and I have never seen it so different like I have now.
stop

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Mar 8, 2013
look I understand theres people that need assistance, but no one knows the circumstances of someone else's life. They might look like they have money or have nice things but that doesn't mean they don't need assistance. I personally have friends that live there. I live on the other side of town. Just because I live in Arlington doesn't mean I am any better. I have nice things in my house but most of my stuff I found on the trading post or my family gave me. I got a brand new flat screen for Christmas and people all the time say that's nice how much did that cost. idk how much it cost it was a gift for Christmas. I also have a nice car but my ex had to give it to me in our divorce and its paid off. if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to afford it and I wouldn't have a car. I have been trying for a while myself to get into estil terrace or one of those complexes I am a single mother of 3 kids with no help what so ever I work everyday and barely scrape by every week. so yes I understand that they need to sift through places like that but at the same time no one really sees what a person or family goes through till you have lived there life.

Since: Jan 13

Mount Sterling, KY

#17 Mar 8, 2013
yea but u gotta realize that if u have equity(in which case u do with a nice car and a nice tv and all around nice stuff)u dont qualify as needy-u still have equity.when u have to sell ur things to make ends meet and your still at loose ends-then u might qualify for government assistnce-its not the taxpayers obligation to support your current lifestyle-u need to be on the bottom b4 u can expect a hand to reach down and help u up
Food for thought

United States

#18 Mar 9, 2013
To be able to "qualify" doesn't mean u have to sell everything you have. It simply means you don't make enough to support your family and if you only make so much money and you already pull 60 and 70 hours a week, thats all u can do. it doenst mean the governtment has to up hold an expensive lifestyle or a lifestyle of buying things that aren't needed. You don't need to hit rock bottom before you should qualify for assistance. If anything for the people who either have absolutly nothing or are having to get rid of everything just to pay bills then the government should be pushing people to find ways to get on there feet and off support so others who need it can have it. I feel that all the drug addicts who get support need to stop being aloud to have it bc that also takes away from people who need it. By them getting food stamps and selling them or gettin apartments and using them as drug houses. There's a whole lot more that prevent people from getting assistance then just someone with a nice car or whatever. I'd rather not say some reasons because I don't want people to be offended but when u think about it there is more to worry about then the 2 or 3 people with nice vehicles in estil terrace when there is people that are on and sell drugs from up there or use there kids as the reason when they don't even have them or if they do abuse them. Please don't take it offensively but just think about those things which is way more of a factor then nice cars. But if your having trouble with the housing authority try hud they pay for you to continue to live where u live if your house qualifys kinda like the housing authority except in a nicer place

Since: Jan 13

Mount Sterling, KY

#19 Mar 10, 2013
reply to <food for thought>
i agree with some of what u are saying-there are some good points and bad points all the way around it-but to save face with grammar and punctuation please notice this-if a person who has a current lifestyle they can no longer afford,be it for job loss or divorce or any old thing really,they will not come to terms and understand that their prior way of living is no more and its absolutely no ones obligation to help them keep,attain,or acquire objects and materials of luxury(things that are nice-not necessary) that they can no longer can afford for themselves until they actually hit bottom and have a brush with humility and the finer workings of a local economy before said person(s)will learn what scarcity is and what the old time adage of "live within your means" is all about.then when they do get a helping hand they will know how to really appreciate life and all the little things in it that matter-and from that point and from their very own character will they rise and overcome their financial shortcomings.
growing up i had the bare necessities-food, clothing,and shelter.i didnt have someone to explain to me how to earn my keep.i had to learn how the world worked from a young age.if i wanted more than what i had,then i had to learn how to get it-i had to go without before i figured out who to talk to and where to go for work or barter-over time i started saving and stayed within my means.there were times that life threw me for a loop or i made mistakes that i eventually ended up back at home with mom and pop-they wouldnt help me any farther than a place to sleep and clothes to wear and food to eat. they were happy but reluctant to help me that far for fear i would pull what meager budget they had down in the red.and this i understood and respected whole heartedly for i was at their mercy.hoping that what little help they could offer me would b enough to get me up and going again. just as soon as i could, i got myself pulled back together the best way that I knew how and thanked them and was back out on my own-and glad for it too-no one likes having to rely on their parents or anyone for help-too many ppl take for granted that someone(ie, government aid or assistance) is going to catch them when they fall-asking the government for help should b a last resort and should not b smiled upon when used or needed.
i can only hope that this anology will open your eyes to the topic at hand,and the seriousness it requires
wonder

El Monte, CA

#20 Mar 10, 2013
Food for thought wrote:
To be able to "qualify" doesn't mean u have to sell everything you have. It simply means you don't make enough to support your family and if you only make so much money and you already pull 60 and 70 hours a week, thats all u can do. it doenst mean the governtment has to up hold an expensive lifestyle or a lifestyle of buying things that aren't needed. You don't need to hit rock bottom before you should qualify for assistance. If anything for the people who either have absolutly nothing or are having to get rid of everything just to pay bills then the government should be pushing people to find ways to get on there feet and off support so others who need it can have it. I feel that all the drug addicts who get support need to stop being aloud to have it bc that also takes away from people who need it. By them getting food stamps and selling them or gettin apartments and using them as drug houses. There's a whole lot more that prevent people from getting assistance then just someone with a nice car or whatever. I'd rather not say some reasons because I don't want people to be offended but when u think about it there is more to worry about then the 2 or 3 people with nice vehicles in estil terrace when there is people that are on and sell drugs from up there or use there kids as the reason when they don't even have them or if they do abuse them. Please don't take it offensively but just think about those things which is way more of a factor then nice cars. But if your having trouble with the housing authority try hud they pay for you to continue to live where u live if your house qualifys kinda like the housing authority except in a nicer place
It is actually called section 8 that will help pay ur rent wherever u live that is if it passes inspection. Hud is housing authority.
tweet

Mount Sterling, KY

#21 Mar 10, 2013
If you could afford a nice big ride you can afford to pay rent and bills like everyone else. This is what's wrong with our economy, way to many people beating the system....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min ChromiuMan 143,026
Cody Stevens 1 hr Amanda Roland 8
pentair (Oct '14) 2 hr How she likes it 13
Harold "jr" & Kelli Durham (Feb '12) 2 hr thatsalie 5
Anyone know Ed Dotson? (Feb '09) 9 hr June 14
where is becky becraft (Nov '11) 11 hr dakota blaque 7
Rebecca Becraft 11 hr dakota blaque 2
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 12 hr what 1,287
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages