NEED

Winchester, KY

#1 Aug 15, 2012
Does anybody have info on any places to rent?
Johns Hopkins

Essex, MD

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Try the Adair Building downtown. It's the big YELLOW building next to the retired Dr. Robert's house.

They have two room efficiency apartments with no central air, a bathroom that can barely fit a tiny shower and a toilet. There is actually a giant whole in the wall cut out by the toilet so that it can fit. It is smaller than an average closet (the bathroom). The toilet it too close to the shower, so close that you can stick your legs in the shower after flushing the toilet and get a nice foot rinse from the filthy water leaking from the toilet that gushes directly down the shower's drain each time you flush because the wax is not properly sealed on the toilet to the floor. It has running water, yet it does not get very warm. There are no fire alarms or smoke detectors in the building. There are big holes in the walls and you can literally see into your neighbor's apartment or vice/verse. It is INFESTED with cockroaches.

A sex offender lives in the building. He is very annoying and talks about being able to hear you while you are in the shower. There is black mold growing in the living/bedroom around a "bathroom sink" that is very far away from the bathroom and has no purpose. The oven does not work. It works for a day or two and quits again. The broil setting works but it's dangerous since there are no fire alarms or smoke detectors. The windows are cracked in many apartments. The floors are nasty. The building needs to be condemned.

I am sure the apartment I am speaking about is no bigger than 200 square feet and it is $550 per month (utilities included). What's the point when you get no air conditioning, you have a giant cockroach problem, the refrigerator spoils your food because it does not stay cold because someone painted the lining long ago and it does not stick, you cannot use the oven to cook because it breaks after one use and no one comes to fix it (Also, who wants to cook in a vermin infested apartment? It's very hazardous to your health)... The electricity is scarce. There are sockets hanging out of the wall without the boxes. You have to literally screw a light bulb clockwise and counterclockwise to get it to turn on and off. There is no place to really prep food. It's hard to store dishes or even to do dishes. Obviously you cannot smoke in the building because some b!tch downstairs is allergic apparently. However, she's downstairs and her office is sealed wonderfully and she gets cold air. The central air and heat is on a different unit for the upstairs units and the downstairs units. The upstairs units get up to 100 degrees or more during the day.

The sex offender won't tell you he's a sex offender until after you pay to move in because the scums who rent the place don't tell you that you are going to be practically roommates with a sex offender.

The landlords love to text you if you refuse to pay them because of all of the problems I have listed above. They are quite cryptic and sound like they watch a lot of WWF wrestling. For example "Are you PREPARED to PAY RENT?"

The sex offender is best friends with the landlord. He tells them everything. You have zero privacy. For instance, if you decide to take a week long vacation or job-related trip, he will call them and tell them FOR you so they can come into your apartment ILLEGALLY (because the landlord can only enter in an emergency as long as you are paying rent). Emergencies do not include "Repairing an oven that will be usable for a day or two when you return from your week vacation". Emergencies are pretty obvious; leaking plumbing that is going to destroy apartments, fires, someone in need of medical assistance...

The walls are painted prison-cell-green. It's great for felons. They feel right at home. There is also a nicely framed picture of George W. Bush in the landlord's office downstairs. They love George W. and the guy has even got a mullet. I think they might be from Powell County.
rent needed

United States

#3 Aug 19, 2012
Sounds just like a place for you to live. Msybe the molrstet can help you out with your hemmrhoids. That is probably your trouble anywsy
question

Mount Sterling, KY

#4 Aug 23, 2012
rent needed wrote:
Sounds just like a place for you to live. Msybe the molrstet can help you out with your hemmrhoids. That is probably your trouble anywsy
Are you drunk or on drugs? Or just plain stupid?

“Christ is comin', so am I”

Since: Nov 11

Baltimore, Maryland

#5 Aug 25, 2012
rent needed wrote:
I do apologize for asking this, but can you please correct the words that are incomprehensible so that we can all understand what you are trying to say?

Molrstet? Hemmrhoids? Anywsy? Msybe?

Lololololololol! Wtf is Molrstet? Funny that I have to recheck my spelling of that word when I write it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 42 min Cczar 167,991
brady thompson 1 hr hawna 1
Victory Church 1 hr Lynn 2
Daith 4 hr gtfo 11
Countryside Animal Hospital 6 hr Great vet 3
Big rapids 7 hr tonkp 25
Sara P. (Oct '08) 7 hr tonkp 32

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages