Joshua Powell, Superintendent and law...
Wolves in Sheeps clothing

Davenport, IA

#149 Jan 11, 2013
Very interesting opinions on Powell. He is obviously as corrupt as the criminal he hired as the high school principal, Jim Dusso. Prayers are sent that the people of Kentucky will put a stop to allowing people like this to lead and influence our children. Good luck!
What

Richmond, KY

#150 Jan 11, 2013
He is a crook. The admin are crooks. The athletics are crooks. The whole school system is so political and awful.
C C C

United States

#151 Jan 11, 2013
Pitiful wrote:
Let's see, where to start? In the past year, the district has created a new alternative school for at-risk kids so they actually have a shot at graduating, started night classes so kids who had previously dropped out could come back and get their diplomas (and it's working!), started a new Chinese program so kids have the opportunity to learn more about the world they live in, and it's proven that learning a new language stimulates the brain, especially during those important periods of development, started testing kids on a weekly basis to make sure that they are actually comprehending the things they are being taught and that no kid gets left behind, is in the process of starting an accelerated school to give kids better options for math and science (Kentucky is one of the lowest performing states in these areas), given all staff a raise, which hadn't happened in many years and most other districts in the state could not do the same for their employees, expanded the number of kids that can be taken in at the preschool, allowing for more children to have access to early education, upgraded technology in nearly every school to ensure students have up-to-date and engaging learning tools, made people notice Montgomery County by bringing in people such as Jane Beshear and our state ed commissioner to talk to staff and make them feel appreciated... should I continue? Maybe if you had opportunities like this in school you'd be smart enough to realize not to believe all the negative things you hear. Pay attention and get involved. Be a volunteer, speak at board meetings, offer your time or opinions on what could be done to make the district better. Don't blindly complain. It's unattractive.
Don't confuse them with the truth. LOL
That's the way they get their frustration out. They decided to be terrible at their job, Powell comes in fires them for being terrible, and now they like to get on topix to vent.
What

Richmond, KY

#152 Jan 12, 2013
Some people Powell did the right thing and got rid of, some he shouldn't have let go, and some he should wipe out now.
What

Richmond, KY

#153 Jan 13, 2013
Can't wait for the new board to get rid of this clown.
What

Richmond, KY

#154 Jan 13, 2013
Who is sick of seeing Josh the Clown as an advertisement when you go to the movies?
see see

Ripon, WI

#156 Jan 16, 2013
Maybe his PR friend is writing about him on here. You go Josh!!!! A little strange never hurts anyone!!
Santas Elf

Tucker, GA

#157 Jan 16, 2013
see see wrote:
Maybe his PR friend is writing about him on here. You go Josh!!!! A little strange never hurts anyone!!
Could be since there is a post regarding the school system in some fashion every day.
truth seeker

Mount Sterling, KY

#159 Jan 16, 2013
Somebody tell me if this is true?? What is going on with the man??
What

Richmond, KY

#163 Jan 16, 2013
Looks it to me. Wife is named Anna. He is from the western part of the state.
C C C

United States

#164 Jan 16, 2013
I would hope they would bring a libel suit against ones who make blaton lies on here. It's one thing to voice your opinion, but to knowingly post lies that could tarnish someones reputation is grounds for a libel suit.
Just like the ones who posted they knew for sure someone had aids in western Ky. Topix released any and all information to the courts upon request, and the man won the lawsuit.
I would hope they would contact a lawyer about some of these lies.
Parent

Portage, MI

#169 Jan 18, 2013
Who is PR Women? Is that Christy Carter? Is she suspended too? If not she should be!
possibly

Lexington, KY

#170 Jan 18, 2013
Parent wrote:
Who is PR Women? Is that Christy Carter? Is she suspended too? If not she should be!
The story is that she is in fact the one he was having the affair with. I haven't heard anything on her situation or any punishment or anything.
In the know

Georgetown, KY

#172 Jan 18, 2013
Kendall wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking it could be Kristy Carter. She was daycare director, he moves in she is over daycare and pre-school, now working in public relations, just saying.....
Absolutely it's her and wife confronts him and he hits her and she files an EPO but sheriffs dept is hiding this info. Great leader..... Lol
In the know

Georgetown, KY

#173 Jan 18, 2013
Cleo wrote:
My concern is not that someone was having an affair, but that the spouse was in fear for her safety. I am not condoning extra marital affairs, but it is a whole other ball game when the police are involved for domestic violence. If this is true the Board of Education should have only one option and that is to dismiss him from his position. If they allow this behavior parents need to pay a visit to the administration and members for answers.
Exactly.... Why is a community hiding it... I say someone should too the news!
In the know

Georgetown, KY

#174 Jan 18, 2013
Is this him wrote:
<quoted text>
Anna Leigh Powell vs. Joshua Ewing Powell, 13-D-00002, Warren County District Court. Emergency Protective Order filed, but then dismissed at request of Anna Leigh Powell on January 2, 2013. Is this the same Josh Powell?
Yes!!!!!!! It's him!!!! And he's leading our kids!!!! Smh
vickie

Georgetown, KY

#175 Jan 18, 2013
The news knows all about it. It's coming folks just be patient.
I wonder

Mount Sterling, KY

#176 Jan 18, 2013
vickie wrote:
The news knows all about it. It's coming folks just be patient.
I'll believe it when I see it--he's going to do everything in his power to sweep this under the rug
vickie

Georgetown, KY

#177 Jan 18, 2013
Can't.. wait til you hear about the EPO.. He is a sick man!!"
I wonder

Mount Sterling, KY

#178 Jan 18, 2013
Is this him wrote:
<quoted text>
Anna Leigh Powell vs. Joshua Ewing Powell, 13-D-00002, Warren County District Court. Emergency Protective Order filed, but then dismissed at request of Anna Leigh Powell on January 2, 2013. Is this the same Josh Powell?
So are there 2 EPOs? This says the one in Warren Co was dismissed Jan 2?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 166,382
Who vote for Vonley Haney jr for jaile in mt st... 1 hr Happy 5
Need Dr 2 hr Chong 3
Single men (Aug '08) 7 hr Afriend 28
Tara 13 hr JHJ 6
Where to meet single women? (Apr '15) 13 hr Camogirl1985 34
Kdmk dude...hot af 13 hr Kdmkhoe 1

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages