Joshua Powell, Superintendent and law...
Apples to Apples

Owensboro, KY

#107 Sep 23, 2012
Compare Montgomery's 18.8 ACT composite in 2012 to these schools:

Dayton High 18.0, Hokins County 18.8, Lee County 18.0, Lincoln County 19.9, Livingston Central 18.5, Pulaski County 18.9, Franklin Simpson 18.5, and Trimble County 20.8.

What do these schools have in common? They all made the 2011 KRS 160.346 "persistently low-achieving" school list.

Now you know how Montgomery compares after year one of Powell's tenure. And by the way,the 2012 ACT for Union County was 18.3 and Cloverpoint Ind was 18.2.

Next month when state scores come out, there's going to be patting on the back and "atta boys" left and right, but remember where Montgomery, Union, and Cloverpoint ranked on the ACT.

your excuses

Lexington, KY

#108 Sep 23, 2012
Apples to Apples wrote:
Compare Montgomery's 18.8 ACT composite in 2012 to these schools:
Dayton High 18.0, Hokins County 18.8, Lee County 18.0, Lincoln County 19.9, Livingston Central 18.5, Pulaski County 18.9, Franklin Simpson 18.5, and Trimble County 20.8.
What do these schools have in common? They all made the 2011 KRS 160.346 "persistently low-achieving" school list.
Now you know how Montgomery compares after year one of Powell's tenure. And by the way,the 2012 ACT for Union County was 18.3 and Cloverpoint Ind was 18.2.
Next month when state scores come out, there's going to be patting on the back and "atta boys" left and right, but remember where Montgomery, Union, and Cloverpoint ranked on the ACT.
This needs to be shouted from the rooftops. Those running for the school board need to use these facts in their campaigns. Excellent post.
For real

Richmond, KY

#109 Sep 24, 2012
Who do you suppose has all these postive response's for the Super Mr.Powell ,could it be maybe someone who has an high paying job,maybe created by our Super himself? Because I can assure you when the next one comes in this community will make sure the money is spent wisely on our children ,not the brown nose club of his followers .
minnieme

Richmond, KY

#110 Sep 24, 2012
For real wrote:
Who do you suppose has all these postive response's for the Super Mr.Powell ,could it be maybe someone who has an high paying job,maybe created by our Super himself? Because I can assure you when the next one comes in this community will make sure the money is spent wisely on our children ,not the brown nose club of his followers .
only brown nose club members are the ones getting pockets padded , cause they cant go against him in fear of their job,they kiss up to him act like they are behind him, and talk behind his back ,his heart would be broken if he only knew the truth. Some people will climb to to top if it means stepping on others to get there,only bad will come from these actions ,it will be only short lived,lots of burned bridges and heartache to live with . Watch closely and see if my predictions aren't correct . You will always be a winner if you treat people the way you want to be treated .
We will see

Winchester, KY

#111 Sep 24, 2012
We welcome all students in Mont. Co. We don't want to lose any of our students. I'm simply saying that if you are THAT unhappy with the job we're doing in MoCo, then test the waters elsewhere. Surrounding districts cannot hold a candle to what's happening in our district. They aren't even in the same ballgame! Guarantee, if you truly want what's best for your child, then you'd come RUNNING back to MoCo. Your child is blessed to be part of some really great things. It's just a shame that people like you won't just let us do our jobs. You are always looking for the worst in people. You go around talking bad about people you don't even know. One thing is for sure, the leaders in this district ARE all about kids...every kid, including yours. Are we perfect? Nope, don't claim to be. Are we working hard to make things better than they were...YES!
OMG

Riverside, IL

#112 Sep 24, 2012
We will see wrote:
We welcome all students in Mont. Co. We don't want to lose any of our students. I'm simply saying that if you are THAT unhappy with the job we're doing in MoCo, then test the waters elsewhere. Surrounding districts cannot hold a candle to what's happening in our district. They aren't even in the same ballgame! Guarantee, if you truly want what's best for your child, then you'd come RUNNING back to MoCo. Your child is blessed to be part of some really great things. It's just a shame that people like you won't just let us do our jobs. You are always looking for the worst in people. You go around talking bad about people you don't even know. One thing is for sure, the leaders in this district ARE all about kids...every kid, including yours. Are we perfect? Nope, don't claim to be. Are we working hard to make things better than they were...YES!
What happen did you get into trouble today after Powell seen your post so now you are kissing butt to make up? Yes I know Powell watches every post that goes on here and has his butt buddies to reply, but you crossed the line.
I hope with all the posting about the ACT scores, and you as an educator telling people to take their kids to another county to get an education gets out to everyone in this district so they can all see first hand how bad we need new board members. EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE FOR JUSTIN COCKRELL, SHARON SMITH OR ALICE ANDERSON. This county needs a change for the future of our kids education.
LoL

Georgetown, KY

#113 Sep 24, 2012
Why would anyone vote for those two women. They were let go by the school system. One couldn't run a school. It was a mess. The other stole and made fake ids for kids. Stay away from them.. they have hidden agendas ...
keep digging

Lexington, KY

#114 Sep 24, 2012
We will see wrote:
Keep putting your head in the sand. Again, from apples to apples post above:

"Compare Montgomery's 18.8 ACT composite in 2012 to these schools:

What do these schools have in common? They all made the 2011 KRS 160.346 "persistently low-achieving" school list."

Also, based on the wording of your post you are obviously a "leader" in the schools. You also write like a female. So if you are so proud of the administration and school district, post your real name. Powell will like you even more after you kiss his @$$ publically. Fern Reed? Donna Wilson? Jessica Roberts? Stephanie Harris? Melody Claypool (everyone knows you're Powell's little internet spy). Get out of the closet if you're so proud of the scores listed above after all the firings and spending.
Sunshine Girl

Richmond, KY

#115 Sep 25, 2012
Who ever hired this radical incompentent should never be elected again. How can a school board member say they are a christian and hire such a destructive persond. He needs to be fired now
OMG

Riverside, IL

#116 Sep 25, 2012
keep digging wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep putting your head in the sand. Again, from apples to apples post above:
"Compare Montgomery's 18.8 ACT composite in 2012 to these schools:
What do these schools have in common? They all made the 2011 KRS 160.346 "persistently low-achieving" school list."
Also, based on the wording of your post you are obviously a "leader" in the schools. You also write like a female. So if you are so proud of the administration and school district, post your real name. Powell will like you even more after you kiss his @$$ publically. Fern Reed? Donna Wilson? Jessica Roberts? Stephanie Harris? Melody Claypool (everyone knows you're Powell's little internet spy). Get out of the closet if you're so proud of the scores listed above after all the firings and spending.
I could not agree with you more. I do think it is one of the board members, because when I said to vote for the new members all they could say was negative comments.
LOL

Mount Sterling, KY

#117 Sep 25, 2012
Who here would LOVE to see the look on Powell's face if Sharon Smith was elected to the board? It would be poetic justice if she got to be part of firing him.
Mommy

Richmond, KY

#118 Sep 25, 2012
Got to get good honest people elected to the board, everyone that agreed to hire this guy should be voted out of office. Fire him now, yes right now. How in the world could anyone claim to be a christian and vote to hire someone like this person, I hope each of them have honestly repented of what they have done to our kids, its a down right shame that they couldn't find someone that could do a good job
get real

Georgetown, KY

#119 Sep 26, 2012
Mommy wrote:
Got to get good honest people elected to the board, everyone that agreed to hire this guy should be voted out of office. Fire him now, yes right now. How in the world could anyone claim to be a christian and vote to hire someone like this person, I hope each of them have honestly repented of what they have done to our kids, its a down right shame that they couldn't find someone that could do a good job
First of all everyone of the members on the school board are good honest people, even if we do get 3 new Board members they cant fire him,has to be a 4to 1 vote,and i dont see Murphey or Gulley voting to fire even if they did get 4 votes still wont happen has to be approved by State Commissioner of Education and he loves the things Powell is doing.And I dont see us getting 3 new members maybe 1 or two but not all three.
And what religion a person practices does not decide how well they do their job, I dont care what religion they are as long as they are making things better, which things are better,all this is a few people writing crap.
My oldest child is in High School he has never liked school never thought his teachers cared but last year and especially this year he has loved going to school, his teachers are great they actually care I have 2 other kids also in two other schools my daughter is at McNabb she absolutely loves school and all her teachers, my youngest goes to Camargo he loves his teachers his Principal whom is great we all love him, the leadership at Camargo is outstanding it amazes me hiw much better things are with new Principal my kids loved Sharon as did I but haveta say it is alot better now.
So to close this out I dont care if our Board members are Christian,Catholic,Buddist,Ath eist,BRAVO you have done a great job I applaud you,Good Luck with your elections and I will be praying that you three stay on board.
Mommy

Richmond, KY

#120 Sep 26, 2012
This county is the laughing stock of Kentucky, it is a good old boy network again, this guy fired some of the best teachers and kept the weak ones, why would anyone that pretends to be a christian vote to hire someone like that
get real

Georgetown, KY

#121 Sep 26, 2012
Mommy wrote:
This county is the laughing stock of Kentucky, it is a good old boy network again, this guy fired some of the best teachers and kept the weak ones, why would anyone that pretends to be a christian vote to hire someone like that
Please enlighten me on who is pretending to be a Christian. I'm sure your not perfect no one is , not to be rude but all you have been saying is talking about being a Christian this is not a religious thing this is our kids and making good decisions for our Schools like I said before I dont care what religion the Board members are as long as they are doing right for the kids thats what matters not their religion. If you want a religious thing then send your kids to a private Christian School.
show yourself

Lexington, KY

#122 Sep 26, 2012
Come on "we shall see" show your real name if you're so proud. Crickets since you've been called out.
Mommy

Richmond, KY

#123 Sep 26, 2012
Being a christian says do for the kids, take care of the kids, not vote to bring in someone that will weaken the system for the kids, anyone that voted to bring this dude in better be doing much more that just going in a church building on Sunday, this shows the moral fabric of those people, God didn't say kick the little kids when they are beginning to learn and IMO that is what every board member that voted to hire this dude did
To Mommy

Lexington, KY

#124 Sep 26, 2012
Seperation of church and state!!! Religion has NOTHING to do with this. If you want your kids in a "Christian" based school then go pay for it at a private church school.
LOL

Lexington, KY

#125 Sep 26, 2012
get real wrote:
if they did get 4 votes still wont happen has to be approved by State Commissioner of Education and he loves the things Powell is doing.And I dont see us getting 3 new members maybe 1 or two but not all three.
And what religion a person practices does not decide how well they do their job,
I agree the superintendent won't get fired, because even with a 5-0 vote he is butt buddies with the state commish. But a simple majority vote can demote the superintendent and they can name an interm.

If a person claims to be Christian they should have certain values. The values of this superintendent contradict Christian values, and even a Google search prior to when he was hired would have revealed that. The board members that voted for him, and have since helped him advance his destructive (to everyone but himself and his friends) and personal agenda, are going against Christian values. Therefore they are phony Christians because they are not acting according to the values Christ displayed and says His followers should exhibit.
Mommy

Richmond, KY

#126 Sep 26, 2012
It is being a two faced liar, some of those board members go to church on Sunday and act all holy then turn two faced and support a very destructive person commanding our kids, thay have been harmed to the point it cannot be reversed in a year. I am sorry for the children but those two faced board members better be getting their anti moral fabric together befor it is too late, he needs to be fired right now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min History Professor 149,567
Brenda Williams class of 86 1 hr Hound Dog Ruff Ruff 49
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 1 hr The real Deray 3,636
Has anyone seen Van Puryear (Feb '10) 3 hr real military man 15
where does Chris pargen live at anyone know? 4 hr Robbie vance 17
josh campbell 4 hr know him 11
Amber Rowe 6 hr jerry jerry 13

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages