Joshua Powell, Superintendent and law...
concerned

United States

#334 Feb 28, 2013
What about a petition to remove ???

" It is true that if you can get a legitimate petition with so much of the population signing to remove a school board it has to be taken seriously and the state department I believe can take control of the board's duties to see if they are using their positions to gain favors, such as help with their personal business, jobs for family members, pay raises for friends and family members, receiving benefits that are not afforded to board members because it is illegal for them to receive fringe benefits of any kind, they also may not influence the Superintendent and or site based councils in anyway in any hiring practice, that one is a biggy that usually gets them thrown off it happened in Bourbon County and it happens in Franklin County all of the time they can't keep board members there. I would think that this county would be to afraid to do some of these things it is usually very embarassing when it comes out and ruins reputations forever. I don't think it would be worth it. The bigger they are the harder they fall. The best thing they can do is work to help make education better for our youth. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/louisa-ky/T9Q...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/louisa-ky/T9Q...
concerned

United States

#335 Feb 28, 2013
I read one of the threads a school board members family is working at central office? If I am reading correctly, that is a nono unless the employee was employed in the school system prior to 1990
" "Does not have a father, mother, brother, sister, husband, wife, son, daughter, aunt, uncle, son-in- law, or daughter-in-law employed by the school district.(This does not apply to a board member
holding office on July 13, 1990 whose relative was not initially hired by the district during the
tenure of the board member."
http://ksba.org/Downloads/What%20every%20cand...
Mary Lou

Tucker, GA

#336 Feb 28, 2013
What a great board meeting the other night!
Alot of great things on the horizon for Montgomery Co!
And what about that athletic dept. One of the best in the state!
Alot of things to look forward too, now that we've got that "good ole boy" system out!
Liz

Winchester, KY

#337 Feb 28, 2013
Mary Lou your dead husband was a "good ole boy" best I can recall.
Caught

Tucker, GA

#338 Feb 28, 2013
Mary Lou wrote:
What a great board meeting the other night!
Alot of great things on the horizon for Montgomery Co!
And what about that athletic dept. One of the best in the state!
Alot of things to look forward too, now that we've got that "good ole boy" system out!
Awwww now lil' ol' MerryLyin'Loo. Seems testing ain't up to snuff.'specially the high skool.

Quote of the year: "it's not the numbers, but what you do with them."

Ya really do have a good ol' boy system now. An' it ain't real good.

Send any info fer the Josh Powell investigashun to:

http://www.kyepsb.net/legal/index.asp

And contact the news media. Where is that there $7,000,000 surplus, how much was spent, what was it spent on, and how much is left?

Bypass the Board. The meetin' in January prooved that enuff were in Powell's hip pocket to git away with that garbage. But I don't thank they all is.

Bypass the Board. Go to the EPSB an' the news.
Mary Lou

Tucker, GA

#339 Feb 28, 2013
The "good ole boys" are having a hard time accepting that the community of Montgomery Co likes this new system much better than the old! Ha ha!
I love watching them cry, and pout! Ha ha ha!
concerned

United States

#340 Feb 28, 2013
Lil ol Mary Lou you must not be on my Facebook page, people are mad & they have very interesting opinions!!!!

$7,000,000 saved during Dr.Freeman tenure is gone unaccounted for in less than 15 months of Powell's tenure. Powell refuses to give an accounting of where the money went to????

My opinion rather than let the fox in the hen house...the money should have spent on the students if it were burning a hole in Powell's pocket!!!

Figure Powell's $149,000 year salary divide it by 12 equals $12,500 month plus add another $1000 for his cell, iPad, vehicle

This totals ..$13,500 a month or $6250 every two weeks!

Now figure Powells pr person someone said her salary is $75,000 year This makes Kristi Carter salary $6250 month or $3125 every two weeks!!

What thanks have the taxpayers got from paying the extraordinary salaries? Nothing but a bashing & being made fun of Mary Lou has made it quite clear how appreciative Powell & Carter are towards the citizens & taxpayers
Not so funny

Tucker, GA

#341 Feb 28, 2013
It is pitiful how "good ol' gal" Mary Lou is incapable of actually responding to posts that point out her errors.

It is a strategy. Bait and switch. But she cannot answer the posts with anything substantial.

Where DID the money go? Were there laws violated in the way it was spent?

Did the Board serve the public in allowing the surplus to be spent without their proper oversight?

I saw a pattern a while back out of Mary Lou, when you have an argument that she cannot respond to, because she is defeated in it, she ignores it. No matter how bad it makes her look.

Apparently she conceded the points in this post. Not to mention everyone else's.

The only way to answer questions about the money is to get a nuts and bolts audit from the State.

We need a State level Forensic Audit.
Caught wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww now lil' ol' MerryLyin'Loo. Seems testing ain't up to snuff.'specially the high skool.
Quote of the year: "it's not the numbers, but what you do with them."
Ya really do have a good ol' boy system now. An' it ain't real good.
Send any info fer the Josh Powell investigashun to:
http://www.kyepsb.net/legal/index.asp
And contact the news media. Where is that there $7,000,000 surplus, how much was spent, what was it spent on, and how much is left?
Bypass the Board. The meetin' in January prooved that enuff were in Powell's hip pocket to git away with that garbage. But I don't thank they all is.
Bypass the Board. Go to the EPSB an' the news.
Mary Lou

Tucker, GA

#342 Feb 28, 2013
Avoid questions? Ha ha!
Why would I give an answer to your made up stories?
You would think by now, you would have gotten over losing your job, but I guess if you didn't learn anything from the experience you'll cry and pout for a few more years!
concerned

United States

#343 Feb 28, 2013
Wow my post pointing out Powell salary of $13,500 a month or $6,250 every two weeks....

Has my facebook friends posting!!!!!
When it is put in layman's terms people take notice!!LOL

One of my friends ask if Powell is getting paid for these seminars he speaks at it?

If he is getting expenses paidis he also double dipping by turning expenses in to the school for taxpayers to pay???
Not so funny

Tucker, GA

#344 Feb 28, 2013
Mary Lou wrote:
Avoid questions? Ha ha!
Why would I give an answer to your made up stories?
You would think by now, you would have gotten over losing your job, but I guess if you didn't learn anything from the experience you'll cry and pout for a few more years!
They aren't made up. And a lot more people than you realize are aware of that fact.
The current high school testing being low isn't made up either. And you know it. Others will find out.
It is amazing that you cannot grasp something this simple. You don't know who I am, nor do you know who anyone on here is.

I have never worked for the school system in any capacity. Not as an employee, nor as a contractor. Ever. Your theory about who the different people are on here has you paranoid of a self created "boogeyman", as somebody put it.
Keep being wrong about everything. I want you to. It is amusing. It is also quite telling about you. Tell your Topix friends to read your stuff. They will catch on to your lies. They will wonder when you are lying to them. They will wonder if you are lying about them. And when they see the atrocious tactics you use on people you think you know, they will start to wonder if you will do it to them, too.
You will one day be held accountable for your actions. I sincerely hope you will change and do what is right. I would think a guy in your position would see the need for that, but often someone has to hit rock bottom before they see the error of their ways. I feel sorry for those you hurt along the way.
Mary Lou

Morris, IL

#345 Feb 28, 2013
You're funny! You think not only me, but everyone else doesn't know who you are! Ha ha!
Everytime I mention it, you're quick to get on wanting to know how I know! Ha ha
You've been exposed, get over it, and quit your crying! Ha ha
concerned

United States

#346 Feb 28, 2013
Majority of us are in private sector jobs We don't have our cell phones,vehicles,etc. paid for We pay for our own educations & therefore have student loans If we have an ambition to further our careers we use our own resources, We haven't the luxury of taxpayer dollars. We live on budgets & make it all work to the best of our ability.

Now look at Superintendent Powell almost extra $1000 a month to pay for use of his vehicle,paid cellphone,iPad & Internet services. Flying throughout the U.S. to speaking engagements at the cost of taxpayers. Powell is what I consider an elite politician using taxpayers money to further his career. My opinion taxpayers are being bilked out of millions of dollars this is obvious something is wrong with $7,000,000 gone from a surplus Powell is spending like D.C. & can't or won't show receipts for where the money has been spent.

Figure Powell's $149,000 year salary divide it by 12 equals $12,500 month plus add another $1000 for his cell, iPad, vehicle

This totals ..$13,500 a month or $6250 every two weeks!

Now figure Powells pr person someone said her salary is $75,000 year This makes Kristi Carter salary $6250 month or $3125 every two weeks!!

What thanks have the taxpayers got from paying the extraordinary salaries? Nothing but a bashing & being made fun of Mary Lou has made it quite clear how appreciative Powell & Carter are towards the citizens & taxpayers
concerned

United States

#347 Mar 1, 2013
You better remember Mary Lou is a smoke screen to run interference for the big dogs....My opinion the $7,000,000 missing taxpayers money Powell refuses to answer about goes even further than Powell!!!!

This could be Kentucky Gate, who knows how deep & how high this goes???? How many other schools has this happened at?

Holliday,Southern & Ifeacho my opinion has some questions to answer us taxpayers who pay their wages...They haven't the right to come into our community as Southern & Ifeacho has done talking to taxpayers like they are nothing!!!

Taxpayers have been bilked my opinion.... With all the extra time on topix from the beginning of Powell's coming to MOCO...carefully planned,carefully orchestrated campaign to get their greedy paws on taxpayers surplus $7,000,000.. When they couldn't keep taxpayers mouths shut, Southern & Ifeacho were sent in from Frankfort to talk to taxpayers in a condescending tone issuing threats... Southern,ifeacho & Holliday are paid by taxpayers!!!

They better REMEMBER they are biting the hand that feeds them!!!

$7,000,000 who knows where it is,who got what??? Powell ain't talking & Frankfort is threatening taxpayers using Southern & Ifeacho, who themselves have had their own issues from what google searches show, this is my opinion & no one is changing IT!!!

It makes you wonder who exactly is deciding our children's future....what I have found so far scares the he!! Out of ME!!!!
Mary Lou

Lisle, IL

#348 Mar 1, 2013
7,000,000 missing? Ha ha ha!!
Where in the world did you hear $7,000,000 was missing? I heard that gossip a long time ago, but I hear it turned out, it was a disgruntled former employee making up tales, to cover up the real reason he was fired.
I thought everybody knew that, I guess you're still behind on the conversation. All you have to do is attend a few board meetings, and you'll learn the truth!
Not so funny

Tucker, GA

#349 Mar 1, 2013
Mary Lou wrote:
7,000,000 missing? Ha ha ha!!
Where in the world did you hear $7,000,000 was missing? I heard that gossip a long time ago, but I hear it turned out, it was a disgruntled former employee making up tales, to cover up the real reason he was fired.
I thought everybody knew that, I guess you're still behind on the conversation. All you have to do is attend a few board meetings, and you'll learn the truth!
As many lies as you have been caught in, your very mention of the word "truth" is a joke.

A State level Forensic Audit going back to the day Poell took over will give us the REAL truth.
Mary Lou

Lisle, IL

#350 Mar 1, 2013
I'm all for state level forensic audits. I just don't like stories from disgruntled former employees!
But that story I heard on here about someone losing their job, for asking a question was the funniest I had ever heard! Ha ha!
I guess they didn't know, all you have to do is go to a board meeting and ask all the questions you want! Ha ha!
Mary Lou

Lisle, IL

#351 Mar 1, 2013
It's funny how some say I've told a lie, but they can't show a single one! Makes you wonder what they're trying to cover up! Hmmm! Ha ha!
Jeannie

Georgetown, KY

#352 Mar 1, 2013
Mary Lou wrote:
It's funny how some say I've told a lie, but they can't show a single one! Makes you wonder what they're trying to cover up! Hmmm! Ha ha!
Ha! They can't show a single one.........that's because they are impossible to limit to one! They are on here, documented on numerous threads now. Lots of them. People can go back several pages and read them.
Makes us wonder what YOU'RE trying to cover up!

You can't get away with that girlfriend!

Why IS it that Powell never answers questions about what happened to the surplus money?
He dances all around and doesn't answer the questions in much the same way you do. Or better said, exactly the way that you do!

Fern Reed covered for him at the December Board meeting. Powell answered NOTHING! Powell hid behind a woman. Powell told Walters to come to his office for the answers.
The question was ASKED at the BOARD MEETING!
It was supposed to be ANSWERED at the BOARD MEETING!
And you tell us the Board will answer the questions. HA!
I think you have the Board going along with you, for the most part.

Bring on the forensic audit from the state! It will get the questions answered about what happened to the $7,000,000 surplus money!
From a source that hasn't already proven a desire to cover up the questions about the PUBLIC MONEY!
Mary Lou

Lisle, IL

#353 Mar 1, 2013
If they were on here several times, it looks like you wouldn't have had such a hard time finding one? Ha ha! What a loser!
People see right through your nonsense! Why you even post anymore is beyond me, but by all means keep doing it. You're one of the main reason my fan base keeps growing!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min another viewer 151,683
Overdoses 21 min Darwin 2
Don't hire Floyd Norton 34 min Anthony 3
Jason Roe? 1 hr Hiz 1
brandon 2 hr Arianna 4
Brenda Williams class of 86 3 hr man of 86 107
Ashley Roberts Thompson (Feb '16) 7 hr American woman 30

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages