Joshua Powell, Superintendent and law...
dicky

Woodstock, IL

#211 Jan 22, 2013
Been on here for a couple of hours retard!!
Branson Pisa

Mount Sterling, KY

#212 Jan 22, 2013
Vickie there you go again . Thought you were working on your G.E.D ? Chop chop your not getting any younger.
A Teacher

United States

#213 Jan 22, 2013
Seriously wrote:
The people that are in a position to "know" anything would never post on this trashy website
Agreed.
A Teacher

United States

#214 Jan 22, 2013
Vickie Shmickie wrote:
<quoted text>Afraid to post on an anonymouse site?? I don't think so!!
Anything can be traced, not to mention if you were such a sound citizen then you would be using your real name and not hiding on here, requesting proof from others.

Maybe you could go get a job and post less on topix, or how about going to work as a volunteer at these schools and seeing what really occurs in them. Especially seeing how much free time you seem to have. Oh that's right, they want educated people doing that. Guess you are possibly restricted to your "soap box" on here, perhaps you should rant on more about your love for things you don't comprehend.
Vickie Shmickie

United States

#216 Jan 22, 2013
All I can say is WOW!!!
Montgomery Co is lucky!!
www.distictadministration.com/.../turnin ...
Really

Henderson, KY

#217 Jan 22, 2013
Wish I could find an article from forever ago, two of those kides are his. So much for a few random kids lol. Lets figure out who elses chidren are in the pic hmmm!
Really

Henderson, KY

#218 Jan 22, 2013
Kids, not kides
Vickie Shmickie

United States

#219 Jan 22, 2013
Really wrote:
Wish I could find an article from forever ago, two of those kides are his. So much for a few random kids lol. Lets figure out who elses chidren are in the pic hmmm!
So, you can't find any proof to back up your rumors, so you now you want to pick on kids? Not cool Tardo!
Stop it

Lockhart, TX

#221 Jan 22, 2013
Vickie....you are offensive. Intelligent and compassionate people don't use words like that.
http://www.r-word.org/
vickie smoochie

United States

#224 Jan 22, 2013
I think Joshua Powell is a sexy manly man & all women are envious of his wife
Tax Payer

Centertown, KY

#233 Jan 23, 2013
The problem here is that school boards don't have any respect for investigations done by the OEA. When the OEA was created former FBI agents ran the investigations, and if they were on a district, the board took notice quick! Though the years, the OEA is now viewed as nothing more than powerless problem makers by school boards. The Kentucky Department of Education seems to have no respect for the OEA either. Superintendents know it, and there really isn't anything that keeps a superintendent in check.
Think about Josh Powell's hire in Montgomery County. The OEA investigated him in Union County and made findings that he violated KERA and education law. Powell's response was to publicly blast the OEA with a letter to the newspaper, and basically state that the OEA investigators (who just did their job) should be the ones investigated.
All this was very public, and had to be known by the Montgomery School Board when they interviewed Powell. But the Board, like so many others in Kentucky, had no respect for the findings of the OEA, nor had any caution for a superintendent whose response to violations of education law was absolute defiance. It was a response by someone who believed he was untouchable and above the law.
All of this controversy was very predictable, whether justified,true, or just based on rumors. There are new members of the school board here. Two members are former educators who know how KY schools were run before KERA. I hope they use their experience to make better decisions, and make the right decisions for this district.
Pearl Jam

United States

#238 Jan 23, 2013
Well I won't back down, no I won't back down You could stand me up at the gates of hell But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down
Ha Ha

United States

#240 Jan 24, 2013
Not a single Silly Gossiper asked a single question about their Silly Accusations!! It was funny, one of the Silly Gossipers wet himself, and had to run out of the room! You Silly Gossipers are just plain Silly!!
Jodi Heidi

Mount Sterling, KY

#241 Jan 24, 2013
"Ha ha "you silly too.

Really , do you honestly get paid enough for this. Guess its true some people can be bought for a price. I hope you think it's worth it. Enjoy .......you will be the next one he takes down stairs. This is a one man show if you don't believe it take a look around. How many has disappeared while he still stands tall ?
Ha Ha

Tucker, GA

#242 Jan 24, 2013
Jodi Heidi wrote:
"Ha ha "you silly too.
Really , do you honestly get paid enough for this. Guess its true some people can be bought for a price. I hope you think it's worth it. Enjoy .......you will be the next one he takes down stairs. This is a one man show if you don't believe it take a look around. How many has disappeared while he still stands tall ?
Oh you poor Silly thing, you think I work for the school system!?! LOL!!!
I hope he does get rid of a few more. He got the worst ones when he first got here, but there's still a few that are pretty good at hiding their true colors, but dont worry Mr Powell is very smart, and he'll get them before long.
Jodi Heidi

Mount Sterling, KY

#243 Jan 24, 2013
No I don't think you work for the school. Sherlock !! He would have fired you already.I think your getting something out of this why else would someone be so hellbent on defending someone ?? Lovers ? Family ? Grew up together ? Went to school together ? What your answer there Sherlock ?
This should be good . Can't wait to hear it !
Ha Ha

United States

#245 Jan 25, 2013
I wonder how Silly the Silly Gossipers feel today, after everyone finds out about their hoax??
There was no EPO, it was all a hoax from disgruntled Ex Teachers!
I also wonder how Silly the Goofballs that fell for their hoax feel?? I tried to tell you Goofballs that the Silly Gossipers had done this several times before on here, but you wanted to go on being a Goofball!!!
Silly Silly Gossipers, what will they come up with next?? I can't believe the old school system let these Silly Gossipers around our children. I'm just glad Mr Powell came, and kicked the Silly Gossipers to the curb!!
redhead

Union Star, KY

#248 Jan 25, 2013
Since Powell left Union, our county is now in the bottom 25 percentile .....doesn't look like his method worked for long.....we have a handful of teachers with over 5 years left in 5 schools....experience is the key to a successful program, rather it be in education, athletics, coaching,etc.....Powell demotes or fires or pink slips every year to have more money in the central office stash.....been there, seen that!!
Ha Ha

Woodridge, IL

#250 Jan 25, 2013
redhead wrote:
Since Powell left Union, our county is now in the bottom 25 percentile .....doesn't look like his method worked for long.....we have a handful of teachers with over 5 years left in 5 schools....experience is the key to a successful program, rather it be in education, athletics, coaching,etc.....Powell demotes or fires or pink slips every year to have more money in the central office stash.....been there, seen that!!
Good thing Montgomery is not like Union. The only teachers he fired here were Nut Cases, and Silly Gossipers!!! The best thing to ever happen to Montgomery Co was when Mr Powell kicked the Nuts and the Silly Gossipers to the curb, and got them away from our children!!
If you've read through this post, then you've met some of the Nut Case, and Silly Gossiper Ex Trachers!!! Would you want your children being taught by these Nuts?? I dont think so!!
Marple

United States

#251 Jan 25, 2013
Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>Good thing Montgomery is not like Union. The only teachers he fired here were Nut Cases, and Silly Gossipers!!! The best thing to ever happen to Montgomery Co was when Mr Powell kicked the Nuts and the Silly Gossipers to the curb, and got them away from our children!!
If you've read through this post, then you've met some of the Nut Case, and Silly Gossiper Ex Trachers!!! Would you want your children being taught by these Nuts?? I dont think so!!
You are right the first place to start with the nut case silly ex teacher would be the Powell's themselves. Roflmfao WHO is he to make any determination when his household dysfunctional. I think he & his wife along with Kristie needs to entertain us on Jerry Springer. This appears to be the social level they are on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min Mickey402 149,880
anyone know jessica lanham?! (Dec '15) 1 hr Daddy 7
Hungry as hell 3 hr Hungergames 7
Daddy needs.... 3 hr Sara 18
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 3 hr Becca 3,666
your brother richard whitt is a drunk that nee... (Feb '14) 7 hr missy whitt 7
Captain America 8 hr Kelly 9

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages