Ashland Gal

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

I am not from the area but a good friend of mine had mentioned "Court Days". I have heard others talk about it being a lot of fun if your into the festival scene. Can someone please tell me when it is this year? Thank you.
joe harris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Ashland Gal wrote:
I am not from the area but a good friend of mine had mentioned "Court Days". I have heard others talk about it being a lot of fun if your into the festival scene. Can someone please tell me when it is this year? Thank you.
...honey, as you get this reply you need to make plans this weekend to attend here in mt. sterling and also go to preston. it all starts fri the 15th but they are actuall set up and sellin' in preston already. it goes til mon. afternoon the 18th. to get to preston, take main st. outta mt.sterling east back towards the interstate. turn on old owingsville rd, jus' outta town to yer right. take that about 3 mi. and take a right on stepstone go 1/4 mile and take a right on howards mill then take howards mill bout 10 mi right into preston. have fun and enjoy court day!
Ashland Gal

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Joe, thank you for the info!! Im glad I wrote when I did. I have been tryin to find something to do this weekend actually, you helped me out!!
bubbles

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

i hate court day! its a mess and no fun.
joe harris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

bubbles wrote:
i hate court day! its a mess and no fun.
...then don't go, plain and simple! we don't care if you don't like it, we'll be there havin' a blast. i hope you go and do what you enjoy and yer weekend is equally as fun!
happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

happy not to go. been there done that for years so over all the hype that leads to disappointment.
Wondering

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

when is the court days parade?
bubbles

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
when is the court days parade?
huh? no parade

court days are no longer any fun, its all material stuff.
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

bubbles wrote:
<quoted text>
huh? no parade
court days are no longer any fun, its all material stuff.
cry me a river. boo hoo.
court day gurl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Judged:

I have been going to court day for more years than I care to count. I run into friends and people who I went to school with here and some years it's like a big ol' family reunion. I like to look at a lot of things and sometime I find a treasure among the junk. You never know. This way you get out and get exercise, see lots of people and get some really good food (if you buy from local churches and cattleman's association). Doesn't cost a thing to look around and you just may end up having some fun! Of course, if this isn't your cup of tea, just stay home. There is usually such a crowd that you won't be missed.
Wise in Mt Sterling

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

court day gurl wrote:
I have been going to court day for more years than I care to count. I run into friends and people who I went to school with here and some years it's like a big ol' family reunion. I like to look at a lot of things and sometime I find a treasure among the junk. You never know. This way you get out and get exercise, see lots of people and get some really good food (if you buy from local churches and cattleman's association). Doesn't cost a thing to look around and you just may end up having some fun! Of course, if this isn't your cup of tea, just stay home. There is usually such a crowd that you won't be missed.
Well said. Most of the fun of court days is seeing friends and relatives you haven't seen all year. I rarely buy anything big but I love to walk around and enjoy the festivities, if the weather is good. Also, it is a major fund raiser for a lot of the school and civic groups in the area. Go and enjoy!
Im going

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

I cant wait until tomorrow!! Gonna go have a great time with all the buddies! I had a great time last year... just a lil toooooo cold last year! This is perfect weather!!!! See you there!!
Leroy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

Does they uh, letting us uh, darkies into that there court days this year?
Sure

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Leroy wrote:
Of course. Ya'll get to stand on the platform.
ahhhhhhhahaahhha hah

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

bawahahahahahahaha
BigEagle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Leroy wrote:
Why must you make a racial comment, is it that hard for you to socialize any other way but that? Court days is enjoyed by everyone no matter the color of their skin.
ahhhhhhhahaahhha hah

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Judged:

Ole Leroy has started that racist SH*T on other threads also! I seen him on the Lexington threads... picking on old ladies! And here too! He has nothing better to do with his sorry ass life!
well

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2010

Leroy wrote:
YOU ARE AN A--
just wondering

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Hey guys, what is the price of the food this year? Example: funnel cakes, bloomin onions, drinks, etc. Thought I would go by tomorrow just for the food, usually don't go because of the crowd but like the good (I know it's unhealthy) food they have at festivals.
scamed

Ewing, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

we have been coming to mt sterling court days for yrs and this year we were scamed by a tow co that sets up at the old fire building at the end of mill rd. we have always parked up in this area and never before had a problem, well we parked over to the side of the road in a space that was outlined in white lines and we thought it was a parking place in the parking lot we had no ideal it was any kind of a road and there was another truck there that was park up close to a rv that was long ways in the fire dept lot and my husband backed up so the truck would have enough room to get out and behind us was a 2 wheeled car hauler and a old car with front wheel missing,this guy came down on the quad wanted to know if we was with the fire dept and my husband said no and he said that would be 5 dollars well when we came back the truck was gone so we asked the people that was at the rv and they said they towed it cause it was blocking one of their workers trucks and she couldnt get out and my husband told them that wasnt so cause he backed up so the truck had more then enough room to get out and we talked to police and they r all in together we had to pay 100 dollars to get it out from behind fire building, i told them this was like bein in a horror movie and everyone in the town is against u and u cant make anyone believe u or help u so we came up today and took pics and there was 4 trucks parked there and when ask why they could park there we was told they all work for them and i said right 2 was old people that came from down town shoppin and the guy that runs that one little shop back there said it was one some thems parents,went across the street and ask police why they didnt have to move said no one complained i said i am times are hard these days and when u get scamed like this its bad AA Towing is the one workin the lot and they made a quick 100 dollars the woman that was workin at the lil shop back there said no sooner then we left a cop came across the road and the wrecker came around and hooked to it, it was a set up deal i have pic from today and u can see where our truck set cause they left drag marks there when they hooked to it ,we need help to get our money back its not right!!!!!!!!! Im sendin to newpaper, mayor, city att, judges what ever til some one does something cause we wasnt in the wrong!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of52
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Mount Sterling Forum right now

Search the Mount Sterling Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DemocRATS 144,773
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 min lol 81,548
swinging with the Wilson's 8 min Just wondering 1
walmart managers suck (Oct '10) 34 min Julie 109
Nightlife (or lack of it) 38 min start over 6
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr justice_- 127,924
house 1 hr rent or rent to own 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Sterling Jobs

•••