Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

Judged:

I thought that since St Joe bought out Mary Chiles that it would be a beeter hospital but I think it suck more than ever now
s person

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

WHY??? DO YOU HAVE T PAY A CO-PAY NOW? LOL
a proud nurse

Chaplin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

let me tell u something dr victor, im so sick and tired of all the bull shit that goes with people who are not happy with the care they recieve at the hospital. yes some things happen that shouldn't and some things happen for a reason. what's the matter did you come in the er with some kind of pain ( a fake pain) and the doc wouldn't give you any pain meds. buddy before you judge take a walk in all those nurse's shoes. it's people like you that put down a place.
Broken Arm

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2008

My hubby got hurt at work Friday night, broke his arm. He went into the ER (St. Joe, Mt. Sterling), Saturday morning (after working his shift). He was X rayed, given a sling, and some Lortabs. Then sent home. The Dr in the Er told hubby that he couldnt read an Xray and to call Monday morning to find out if the arm is broken and would need to be set. Hubby didnt want the pain pills, just wanted his arm set so he could work the rest of the weekend. Anyway, he got off work this morning (Sunday), stopped by Clark Co ER, on his way home. They Xrayed him, told him it is indeed broken in 2 places, set his arm and sent him on his way. SOOOOOO, yeah the hospital might have a new name but the same crappy care/service as ever. Just as bad as the time my little girl (she was 2 at the time) was sick, vomiting all over the ER waiting room, temp of 102, crying her eyes out and still had to sit out there 2 hours, while they took an older man with a cut on his arm first. Cut life threatening? No, he just cut it on a kitchen knife, and needed 3 stitches.
this is my real name

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

Yes, it sucks, the ER especially. But what can you expect? You go to the ER with a legitimate emergency and you have to wait for 4 hours because they have to see every drug seeking pill- head that needs a fix, or some lazy sob with no insurance that just has a headache but knows if they go to the ER they have to treat them whether they pay a single dime or not. No decent doctor wants to work there and I dont blame them.
ms Daisey

Olive Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

you are right...ER is abused so bad...vomiting and a temp is not a ER Emergency...life or death is a emergency....people with free care use ER as a doctor office...people that have to pay, stay home wait it out till dr. Office is open...if you have never worked or walked in a DR. or nurses shoes, you do not have a clue....They are not god, only human like everyone else and tired as hell of the bitching and moaning///
Broken Arm

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2008

ms Daisey wrote:
you are right...ER is abused so bad...vomiting and a temp is not a ER Emergency...life or death is a emergency....people with free care use ER as a doctor office...people that have to pay, stay home wait it out till dr. Office is open...if you have never worked or walked in a DR. or nurses shoes, you do not have a clue....They are not god, only human like everyone else and tired as hell of the bitching and moaning///
Vomiting and temp is life or death if your 2 years old, and so sick your stomach and bowels are swelling and about to bust. My child was very sick, she was very constipated her bowels were about to bust. I would have taken her to her regular doctor, but by the time day care let anyone know how sick she was, her doctor was out for the day. Ms. Daisy, how would you have felt if it was your 2 year old baby?
a proud nurse

Chaplin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

some bad things happen we all know that. but what people don't no is the er has two doors. the door in which you come in and the door in which the ambulance bring people in. so those dr and nurses have two doors in which people are coming in. the er never stops and those nurses don't get to eat smetimes. i wish those people that complain would become a nurse and i bet they have a different tune.
I know the feeling

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2008

I have been to my doctor with stomach pain and back pain.The doctors saids its not my gall stones hurting either. that wakes me up at night worser than labor pains.Honestly.And the doctor tells me its just heart burn.I know the differnce i was pregant twice.So i decide to go to the clark county er.Same thing.How do i get help with pain that racks my whole body.And i feel as if i am dying.When they wont listen to me.I dont need thier pain pills i need help.The nurses on here give me some advice please.
Big Daddy Long Stroker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

it all depends on which Doc is working...
Big Daddy Long Stroker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

it all depends on which Doc is working
Valhalla Ice

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2008

All they did was change the name. The place still has the same staff and is still managed (very badly) by the same people. I knew the buyout wasn't going to change anything.
big daddy long stroker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

but some of the staff are HOT
Sandy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Valhalla Ice wrote:
All they did was change the name. The place still has the same staff and is still managed (very badly) by the same people. I knew the buyout wasn't going to change anything.
So far this is all that has been done. I am not a doctor or nurse there, but I have been told as soon as it can be done that new doctors are going to be in place. So let us hold on till then.
Sandy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

I know the feeling wrote:
I have been to my doctor with stomach pain and back pain.The doctors saids its not my gall stones hurting either. that wakes me up at night worser than labor pains.Honestly.And the doctor tells me its just heart burn.I know the differnce i was pregant twice.So i decide to go to the clark county er.Same thing.How do i get help with pain that racks my whole body.And i feel as if i am dying.When they wont listen to me.I dont need thier pain pills i need help.The nurses on here give me some advice please.
Please find doctor Roberts. He will help you. I don't know if he is still in Mt. Sterling or if he is back in Morehead. He is the greatest.
nann

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

Broken Arm wrote:
My hubby got hurt at work Friday night, broke his arm. He went into the ER (St. Joe, Mt. Sterling), Saturday morning (after working his shift). He was X rayed, given a sling, and some Lortabs. Then sent home. The Dr in the Er told hubby that he couldnt read an Xray and to call Monday morning to find out if the arm is broken and would need to be set. Hubby didnt want the pain pills, just wanted his arm set so he could work the rest of the weekend. Anyway, he got off work this morning (Sunday), stopped by Clark Co ER, on his way home. They Xrayed him, told him it is indeed broken in 2 places, set his arm and sent him on his way. SOOOOOO, yeah the hospital might have a new name but the same crappy care/service as ever. Just as bad as the time my little girl (she was 2 at the time) was sick, vomiting all over the ER waiting room, temp of 102, crying her eyes out and still had to sit out there 2 hours, while they took an older man with a cut on his arm first. Cut life threatening? No, he just cut it on a kitchen knife, and needed 3 stitches.
My two year old gr.son broke his arm thay told him down there it wasnt broke.....come to find out 3 day's later no one there could reed the x-ray and the baby's arm was broke....
Sandy

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2008

nann wrote:
<quoted text>
My two year old gr.son broke his arm thay told him down there it wasnt broke.....come to find out 3 day's later no one there could reed the x-ray and the baby's arm was broke....
Been there done that also in Morehead. If you think that a child has a broken bone and can't get help see if you can get into Dr. Rowland in Mt. Sterling or Winchester.
Slick Willy Clinton

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

Is this the Dr. Roberts that has the clinic and a lady doctor for a partner?
Slick Willy Clinton

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

Hey does anyone know where Cedar Bluff is? i live right here in Manchester but it came up Cedar Bluff. Can anyone explain this to me? By the way I am a Clinton supporter- can't you tell by my name?
nann

West Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

Slick Willy Clinton wrote:
Is this the Dr. Roberts that has the clinic and a lady doctor for a partner?
yes

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min Khatru 130,316
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr UidiotRaceMakeWor... 150,268
Anyone think any of new nestle 2 shift is hot? 2 hr used up 7
Nestle co store 2 hr Witness 3
Gateway children services (Jul '09) 3 hr Old timer 26
Online dating in Sterling 3 hr Mee 2
Chris Pargen at it again 4 hr In Clark Co Jail 11
Upcoming school board elections 14 hr McNabb mom 20
When MoCo School Superintendent Powell is oust 15 hr Parents view 917
LWC Living Water Church (Dec '12) 20 hr Jewl 60

Search the Mount Sterling Forum:
•••
•••
•••