Judge

Tucker, GA

#1 Nov 19, 2012
My friend is under 21 and was arrested for DUI... She goes to court this week but is curious what they will do... Anyone know?
whats

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2012
every case is diff.
beenawhile

Clay City, KY

#3 Nov 19, 2012
I got a dui when i was 19 buts its been nearly 10 years ago now. anyway they suspended my d.l. for 180 days and made me take 16 hrs of drug/alc. classes before i could get it back. oh yeah a $500 fine too which basically meant in my case I didnt get my bond money back.
John Q Public

Winchester, KY

#5 Nov 19, 2012
In my opinion, they should take the car and sell it. They could use money to help stop more people from drinking and driving. Besides, if they are under 21, they shouldn't be drinking anyhow. The law needs to be much harder on both under age drinking and especially drinking and driving.
ilmo

United States

#6 Nov 19, 2012
All depends on who you know in this county. And if you have info they might want on someone else.
False Negative

Louisville, KY

#7 Nov 20, 2012
Each case is different. You don't provide much information about the incident. I assume she was arrested recently and let go after she sobered up. I also assume there was no accident or other crime involved and that she has no previous offenses (dui, or otherwise). If so, she is probably just going to the arraignment. The judge will call her name and when she comes up the judge will read the charges against her. The judge will ask if she has an attorney--apparently the answer is no, or you wouldn't be asking about this on this forum--and, if not, if she would like to have one appointed. In order to have a public defender appointed, she would have to fill out some forms to see if she is poor enough to qualify. If she does not request an attorney, the judge will set up a meeting for a Pre-Trial Conference (PTC).[She could plead guilty but the judge will want to make sure she is fully informed about the consequences of doing so and will probably encourage her to at least enter a plea of not guilty for the arraignment]. She will then have to appear on that date to see what the prosecutor offers and they will see if they can negotiate the outcome without a trial. If not, they will set a court date.

Each case is different. Also, important will be what they say was the cause of the intoxication and whether she submitted to blood, breath, or urine tests, or refused to submit. What she said to the police is another big factor. There may be a video tape from the police car or other sources.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
girl you already know 1 hr yousuckbullie 10
Phil Rison (Dec '14) 1 hr Josh 4,477
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Moe Larry Curly 156,579
Captain D's 2 hr Lynette 3
An open letter to the woman who slept with my h... (Oct '15) 2 hr Lynette 66
Steak and shake 7 hr dont care 5
Has anyone illegally claimed your children on t... (Mar '11) 8 hr Kelsey 194

Mount Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Sterling Mortgages