Rocky Point motorcycle crash kills teen

There are 20 comments on the Sep 19, 2008, Newsday.com story titled Rocky Point motorcycle crash kills teen. In it, Newsday.com reports that:

A 17-year-old, riding his 2007 Kawasaki motorcycle westbound on Route 25 A in Rocky Point, crashed into two cars and was killed Thursday night, Suffolk County police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.com.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
shutthefuckup

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#307 Oct 20, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Now how about you think of the living, innocent people whose lives are put in danger all the time because of these reckless speed demons. Would you be singing songs of praise if this idiot hit one of your children?
you shut your goddamn mouth A**hole! I respect what that lovely woman just wrote,you however should be taught a lesson. Try putting yourself in a near death situation or die and see how much shit people say about you? Bet your family and friends won't like it too much, I sure as hell would though I honestly think that if you fell off the face of the earth tomorrow I would be very happy. So you should definitely take it into consideration, mkay?! thanks.
shutthefuckup

#308 Oct 20, 2008
E n Ds Mom wrote:
Dear Ben's Mom-
I came in this evening to find my 16 year old son at the computer crying. He was reading about Ben and the many posts on this site. I have never been computer-smart, nor have I ever blogged, or posted thoughts on any subject of any matter. I read some of the posts here and I was horrified by the inhumanity of some. When I spoke with my son later, he told me he knew of Ben, but didn't know HIM. He said he was sad for Ben's friends, Sad for Ben's family, but mostly he was sad that people took so lightly the death of a young man. A person they didn't know. A person who had by his youth, infinite and unknown potential.
As the mother of a son I can't imagine what you must feel. My heart bleeds for your loss, and I want, in some simple, uncomplicated way, to reach out to you. I know that isn't possible, so I just want you to know that you have a family of Mom's that pray for your Ben, as we pray for our own. You have a family of 'sisters' that know your love for your Ben was one no other will know.
Know that the joy he brought you in those 17 years must rise above any of the negativity conveyed to you here. Those that write with a poison pen, and their acid thoughts either don't know love, or can't know love.
You are in our thoughts, and our prayers
I agree with what you said and I want to thank you for somewhat justifying this situation.It really eases me to know that there is still good in people and that not everyone is full of hate. Thank you E and Ds mom, thank you.

Since: Jun 08

Brooklyn, NY

#310 Oct 20, 2008
shutthefuckup wrote:
<quoted text>
you shut your goddamn mouth A**hole! I respect what that lovely woman just wrote,you however should be taught a lesson. Try putting yourself in a near death situation or die and see how much shit people say about you? Bet your family and friends won't like it too much, I sure as hell would though I honestly think that if you fell off the face of the earth tomorrow I would be very happy. So you should definitely take it into consideration, mkay?! thanks.
Here's a tissue to dry your eyes.
shutthefuckup

#311 Oct 22, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a tissue to dry your eyes.
Wow... so many others were right when they said you have no life. Hahaahahahha, a**hole.=]
shutthefuckup

#312 Oct 22, 2008
Hey death race, I was just wondering if the whole 350lbs of yourself would like to come to the teen streets one day and actually talk shit to the faces of Ben's friends, because you'll be walking out of there in tears and in pain. So yea you want to run your mouth some more, stop being a pu**y over the computer and come say it to our faces. Dick.=]

yours truly,
shutthefuckup =]

P.S. I'm serious.

Brooklyn, NY

#313 Oct 23, 2008
shutthefuckup wrote:
Hey death race, I was just wondering if the whole 350lbs of yourself would like to come to the teen streets one day and actually talk shit to the faces of Ben's friends, because you'll be walking out of there in tears and in pain. So yea you want to run your mouth some more, stop being a pu**y over the computer and come say it to our faces. Dick.=]
yours truly,
shutthefuckup =]
P.S. I'm serious.
The "teen streets"? Ha Ha Ha.
Grow up Junior.
shutthefuckup

#314 Oct 23, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
The "teen streets"? Ha Ha Ha.
Grow up Junior.
What's wrong too pu**y to expose yourself?
shutthefuckup

#315 Oct 28, 2008
That's what I thought. =]

Brooklyn, NY

#316 Oct 29, 2008
shutthefuckup wrote:
That's what I thought.=]
Are you thinking of getting a rice rocket and crashing into cars? That would be funny.

“Kay Deezle”

Since: Sep 08

Riverhead

#318 Nov 17, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you thinking of getting a rice rocket and crashing into cars? That would be funny.
Its not called a rice rocket dumba**. Try crotch rocket, and try to know what your talking about before you open your nasty a** mouth.
Tough Guy On the Nets

Goshen, NY

#319 Nov 17, 2008
I'm glad there are such tough people on the intertubes to bully people around during a stressful time of untimely death.
I mean, who's better to anonymously batter than grieving families and friends! Good show Death Race. We need more heartless and mindless trolls like you, to inject your beautifully inexperienced opinion and rhetoric into emotionally volatile situations!
Keep up the good work, and hopefully your life will reward your lack of humanity with many riches, and the ability to one day emerge from your parent's basement and do the good work you do online in real life, face to face, with people that can physically assault you.
Tough Guy On the Nets

Goshen, NY

#320 Nov 17, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
YAY for trolling! MORE MORE! YOUR ANTICS ARE NEW AND ORIGINAL!
rip ben ben

Cobleskill, NY

#321 Nov 17, 2008
This is really disturbing. I was friends with ben and reading this made me want to vomit.
When one of your friends die in an accident like this, get at me. No matter how someone dies if its their fault or not, it happened. Talking about it like this isn't going to do anything but make people upset. Its not going to bring anyone back to life or change what happened.
And death race, yeah kids are dumb. We feel like we are invincible, but when things like this happen it's a huge wake up call. The last thing I wanted to hear was that he deserved to die. No one deserves to die.
And honestly, reading this makes me so depressed. Its not only driving vehicles fast or drunk that put peoples lives in danger. Words are just as dangerous. And knowing that there are people who are happy someone died, and that don't even try to be the least bit simpathetic, makes me want to not live in a world like this. Killing people with words until the point that they want to kill themselves is just as horrible as having a good time on a bike. But its really gross when you have a good time making people upset.
I respect all of your opinions, just show some respect for the people who knew him okay?
RIP Ben.
We love you Ben

Brooklyn, NY

#322 Nov 18, 2008
The human race disgusts me. All that knew Ben know he was and always will be one of the most amazing people to ever live on this planet. He was always there for you whenever you needed. He helped me through the hardest parts of my life; I honestly couldnít have done it without him. His family doesnít deserve to go through this they are all incredible people. No parent should have to burry their beloved child. Itís hard to imagining getting through this without him here. Anyone that knew him would know how kind and caring he was. And though he had flaws, they were nothing compared to the beauty of his kind heart. He should have never gotten a bike, we all told him. There is nothing safe about them. But teenagers don't listen like the person above me said we feel invincible. Some of you are saying bikers are speed demons, weaving in and out of traffic. What about all the cars that do that. I have had MANY more problems with cars on the road then with bikes. If you want to criticize one thing you have to take into consideration everything else. Every time you get into a car or on a bike you are endangering someoneís life as well as your own. We follow the rules of the road as best we can but it still doesnít prevent things from happening. No one deserves to die, not even the assholes on this site. From all the emotions these pages made me feel, pity was the feeling I felt the most. Pity because some of you have no respect, you don't value human life like you should. I am not a very religious person. I don't know if there is a heaven or a hell, I do however like to think there is. But there is deffinatly right and wrong. And this is so clearly wrong. I hope one day you realize how wronged you are, before itís too late. Before you lose someone you cannot get back, and that unbearable, overwhelming pain that we all feel right now will be worse for you. Because you will also feel the guilt of writing horrifying things about a 17 year old boy who has passed away. I truly hope it doesnít take that much for you to realize how precious life is. Everybody will learn that life lesson, until you do all I am asking is for you to keep your opinions to yourself and let us grieve in peace and let Ben rest in peace. These posts responding to yours will have no effect on you, because you so clearly have not lived through this type of pain. we cannot change you opinion. But do we need to hear it? It is people like you that make this world a terrible place. Thank god for people like Ben.

Rest in peace Benjamin Stawski.You will be missed and never forgotten. We all wish we had more time with you. But we will cherish the memories. I love you with all my heart and soul.
Lissy

Riverhead, NY

#323 Dec 10, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Seventeen years olds always do under 30 on motorcycles, right? Under 30 and he would have lived. The rest of what you said was funny. You make me laugh. Will you be going for a ride later?
Okay, so My bestfriend was bestfriends with this kid Ben. I have never met him in my life, Its really screwed up to talk about someone you didn't even know. I have the exception though because i had to walk through school looking at everyones sad faces because of this kids death. Ben had a lisence i know for a fact he did. Who the hell would be stupid enough to ride a crotch rocket with no lisence? seriously.. you people need to get a life. i HATE all of you adolecent adults. You all don't know what your talking about. Or know how his parents are dealing with the fact that they just lost a child. go kill yourselves. you deserve to die more then that kid did assholes
Lissy

Riverhead, NY

#324 Dec 10, 2008
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
who thefuck do u think you are..? saw!!??
Chelsea Cox

Coram, NY

#325 Jan 3, 2009
yo heres the truth ben's parents DIDN'T give him everything he wanted he worked very fuckin hard for that dam bike and you know what shit happens it could have been anybody theirs not one person out their that hasn't made the mistake by driving fast accidents happen thats why it is called an accident most of the ppl leavin comments an shit on this page that are talkin shit can suck it.this is a person's life you are talking about a person with a fuckin family and friends. Ben was a very loving person he had a lot of firends and lived life to his fullest. i love his family they have opened their arms and made me a part of their family. and for you all talk like this about a tragic situation have a heart of coal i can not believe that words that hurtful would come out of some one's mouth(Mind) i hope you live a horrible life for saying that shit get a job grow up move on live your own life and stop caring about some one eles "if you dont got nothing good to say than dont say nothin"!
apat

Coram, NY

#326 Jan 21, 2009
Adrienne Ashley wrote:
I am glad this kid is dead.
Motorcycle drives never obey the rules of the road. They like to live damgerous. Speeding, Weaving in / out traffic / wheel stands / burnouts.
Motorcycles are to be drived correctly or you will die like this loser trailer park (trash)
you deserve to burn in hell you dirtbag i love that kid he was an awesome guy not trailer trash
ur lucky idk who u r
apat

Coram, NY

#327 Jan 21, 2009
Death Race wrote:
<quoted text>
Seventeen years olds always do under 30 on motorcycles, right? Under 30 and he would have lived. The rest of what you said was funny. You make me laugh. Will you be going for a ride later?
i dont know who the fck u r deathrace but i dare u to come to wading river sometime u will not make it out alive and if u keep running ur mouth about ben like that u better pray u live to see another day
anonymous

Bayport, NY

#329 Apr 8, 2009
Wowww everyone on here whose trash talking my cousin is so stupid and f***ed in the head, cuz you have nooo f-in clue what you are saying. Ben wasnt given that bike, asshole, he paid for it himself. ben worked for everything he got. So f you. And yeah i f***in dare you to walk into our town jus like everyone else cuz if we could get our hands on you, you'd be died. Its funny tho, if ben knew about this he wouldnt even hate, because he wasnt like that. He was the most amazing person and he was there for anyone who needed him. He was a fun loving guy and dont be sayin shit sayin you Ben Stawski, you dont know shit. your so f***ed up for randomly deciding to talk shit bout someone you dont know and my uncle and aunt. i would f***in kill you if given the chance. Leave our family alone, i think we've suffered enough. He wasnt trash. Your so f***ed up f***in asshole. Why would you do this. f***in rot in hell dickhead. His parents loved him more than anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sinai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr who 121,644
Rocky Point Kohl's shopping Center (Jun '10) 10 hr Lancet71 7
Review: Magic Isle Aquarium (Mar '09) Fri Lisa 21
cicio Thu ya know 1
News Report: 3 accused in toxic dumping scandal get ... Thu Double Dipping Ta... 1
News Suffolk Professor in Prestigious International ... Thu Don Iarussi MFA 1
News Optometrist Apr 22 Beach Man 2
More from around the web

Mount Sinai People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]