With This Fee, I Thee Wed

With This Fee, I Thee Wed

There are 2 comments on the WALK 97.5 story from Jul 31, 2009, titled With This Fee, I Thee Wed. In it, WALK 97.5 reports that:

The Brookhaven Town Clerk pleaded not guilty yesterday to felony charges after she was accused of overcharging couples for performing their weddings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALK 97.5.

After hours-bring cash

Deer Park, NY

#1 Aug 13, 2009
Pamela Betheil told taxpaying couples who came to the town for a marriage license that the weddings were all booked up for the day, and that if they wanted to get married they would have to do it after hours or on weekends.Coincidentally, after hours and weekends is when Pam is allowed to pocket 75.00 per wedding. If that was not crooked enough, Pamela Betheil decided to charge more than double the legal fee and pocket 200 per wedding. Pamela did this for years to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars going into her purse. Though her family and partners in crime keep writing posts about what a wonderful public servant she is, I doubt the tax payers and the attorney general will agree. Pamela Betheil's attorney keeps saying that she deserves her day in court. I do not think anyone disagrees that this creep deserves to be in court. When he trial is over, I trust she will get more of what she deserves when the vedict is read.
Pamela Betheil - IRS

Deer Park, NY

#2 Aug 13, 2009
I am sure the IRS is going to have an interest in her after hours cash only wedding scam. Pam is soooo wonderful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Sinai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arrest in bank robbery string (Apr '14) Jul 19 sussie 5
Giant Garage Sale (Jun '14) Jul 17 Sticky Fingers 22
all drownings (Jun '07) Jul 17 Denise 46
News James DiMartino, shot, victim (Oct '08) Jul 15 Donna dimartino 141
Selden History (Aug '09) Jul 4 4everNYer 21
attn Adoptees and Birthparents & Siblings Reunite! (Jan '12) Jul 3 joan 28
Pets and Fireworks Jul 2 BadaBing 1

Mount Sinai Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance