1 killed in I-294 wreck

Full story: Chicago Tribune

One person was killed this afternoon in a single-vehicle wreck on Interstate 294, Illinois State Police said.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
MaJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2007

Mom, son killed in I-294 crash
April 30, 2007
FROM STNGWIRE REPORTS
A teenage boy and his 35-year-old mother were killed, and the woman's boyfriend was critically injured, after the rental truck they were traveling in crashed into a concrete median on the Tri-State Tollway Sunday evening near north suburban Glenview.
Natasha Kellum, of the 4000 block of N. Oketo Ave. in Norridge, was pronounced dead at 9:45 p.m. at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. Nicco Delrio, also of the 4000 block of N. Oketo Ave. in Norridge, was pronounced dead at 7:30 p.m. at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
A rental truck crashed into a wall on the northbound Tri-State Tollway (I-294) near mile marker 50 just after 4:35 p.m., according to an Illinois State Police Tollway District dispatcher. All three passengers thrown from the truck on impact, according to Illinois State Police Tollway District reports.
The male driver, 29, remained in critical condition early Monday, according according to Illinois State Police Tollway District Master Sgt. Glenn DeVries. The man, who was Kellum's boyfriend, lives in Chicago, DeVries said.
"The truck went into the left concrete median," according to Illinois State Police Tollway District Sgt. Jim Jenkner said.
There was no indication that truck was speeding or that drugs or alcohol are involved, according to DeVries, who said the cause of the accident remained unknown as of 2 a.m. Monday.
The primary state trooper on the scene believed the victims would have survived if they were wearing their seat belts, DeVries said.
"The impact to the front end of the truck was not really all that significant,'' DeVries said.
Source Chicago Sun Times
abcdefg

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

nico del rio<3
Heather Barrett

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2011

My little cousin! i wish you didnt have to go so soon. we all miss you so much and your thought about and talked about all the time. your in our prayers everynight, god bless you and your mom! we all love and miss you so much!
[R]est
[I]n
[P]aradise
LOVE ALWAYS YOUR COUSIN <3
GMS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Judged:

You know who I am babe, you can see me writing this. I know your watching over me & I just want you and everyone to know that I love you with all my heart and I still cry about you. You were the "one that got away" & I'll never regret it more. I'm choking up just writing this. I love you Nico, a lot. It kills me that you've been gone for 4 years now. You've missed a lot on earth but I know you're still around, I can feel it. Don't stop taking care of us.
Love,
Me.
Trina

Hickory Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

GMS wrote:
You know who I am babe, you can see me writing this. I know your watching over me & I just want you and everyone to know that I love you with all my heart and I still cry about you. You were the "one that got away" & I'll never regret it more. I'm choking up just writing this. I love you Nico, a lot. It kills me that you've been gone for 4 years now. You've missed a lot on earth but I know you're still around, I can feel it. Don't stop taking care of us.
Love,
Me.
I miss her too and Nico. Godbless the both of them.
Anon

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2012

I miss you Nico. I think about you every single day. Some days I can't even manage to hold myself together. I am so blessed to have known you. You made a bigger impact on my life than you will ever know. I will always cherish every moment I got to spend with you. Those memories are what keep me going. I'll hold on to that forever.
fff

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Every single day, i miss you more and more. I wish you were still around, you truly made a difference in this world, whether you knew it or not. I wish this wouldve ended differently. You are to this day the greatest person I've ever known.
rip bud

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. Nico was my best friend since he came to Giles in 8th grade. I didn't want him feeling nervous being the new kid so I was the first to introduce him to the gang, he even played football with us on the first day at Giles. He introduced me to Monster energy drinks. After that we hung out pretty much everyday over the summer between 8th grade and freshman year. My birthday is on April 20th, and I remember the last movie I saw with him was Disturbia. Then barely more than a week later, April 30th on a monday, we all thought everyone was making a sick joke because I had him first period in English class and he was known for being late to class. But then another friend said it was confirmed by his current girlfriend the night before that he had passed away in the hospital. Our teacher told us we could go to the guidance councelors and go talk to someone or go home if we needed to. I felt so bad because I knew I should have left because I was sobbing so much, but I just hid under my sleeve because I was too afraid to get up and have to look into anybodys face as I left. Nico was my best friend, and we had eachothers back's no matter what. After he passed away I was distant with all my friends and the last years of high school were devastatingly isolate and empty.

I am doing much better now and moving on with my life, but I want Nico to know I will never forget him no matter how much time passes. May he rest in peace.
fff

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

^^ email me, I feel the same way, I have a feeling I know who are you, too. He's an amazing person and he will live on forever through our hearts.

j0keyamiind@gmail.com
Shan

Harwood Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I miss you Nico... It was 6 years yesterday and to this day it hurts like it did that day I found out. You meant way more to me than you ever knew, but I still love you just the same. I wish you could meet Keelo. He would have loved Uncle Nico <3

Watch over us beautiful. You're safe now.
I love you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Mount Prospect Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Prospect People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••