Snap decisions at red lights

Snap decisions at red lights

There are 314 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 7, 2009, titled Snap decisions at red lights. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

In the lobby of RedSpeed Illinois' office in Lombard, awards and accolades share wall space with framed "first tickets" from Bolingbrook , Elmwood Park and Rosemont.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

matt

Naperville, IL

#297 Jul 26, 2009
Foxylady wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG...I don't take ORDERS from anybody! And now you're contaminating THIS thread with your Laura crap. Geez, OAspeakyourtruthQueenBreezyobe an you really do need to get help!

Hmmm. she's telling you to register. Why?! SHE has never registered!
Foxylady

San Antonio, TX

#298 Jul 26, 2009
orphanannie wrote:
<quoted text>
not a problem as long as they don't mess with the TIMING of the light....
like the other posters have noted, if you are driving a loaded semi, and the light is green, you begin your turn...and the light goes to yellow, then red, BEFORE you complete your turn, you get a ticket....NOT PLAYING FAIR!!
IF the truck driver gets three of these in a row...his license gets pulled...
NOT FAIR!!
but the village gets to pocket all the fines and money....the truck driver gets to lose his job, fight a ticket, pay a lawyer...NOT FAIR!!
FTR, that's NOT what the poster said at all. He said he saw cameras going off before the semi completed it's turn. The poster has no idea whether the truck OWNER got a ticket or not.

The tickets are reviewed for violations. I'm sure they can tell by the picture that the semi was well thru it's left turn BEFORE the cameras went off.

It's the OWNER of the truck that gets the ticket NOT the driver. The DRIVER would NOT "lose his job", would NOT "fight the ticket" and would NOT "pay a lawyer". The DRIVER would NOT have his "license pulled"!

Aren't "fines" and "money" one in the same? And the village does NOT "pocket all the revenue". Some of it goes to the camera provider.

Geez, OAspeakyourtruthQueenBreezyobe an, what's with posting all this FALSE information? SHAME ON YOU!!
Foxylady

San Antonio, TX

#299 Jul 26, 2009
orphanannie wrote:
<quoted text>NO, revenue is generated by villages and companies that BEND the law in their favor...
WRONG, again. Face it OA you've been up a creek without a paddle on this issue from the word GO! LOL HA!
Foxylady

San Antonio, TX

#300 Jul 26, 2009
matt wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez, matt, get with the program. Nowhere in my comments you quoted did I say anything about anybody registering.

BTW, why aren't YOU using YOUR registered screen name? Weren't you the one that was telling everyone NOT to respond to UNREGISTERED posters, hmmmmmmmm???? LOL HA!
Foxylady

San Antonio, TX

#301 Jul 26, 2009
orphanannie wrote:
<quoted text>NO, revenue is generated by villages and companies that BEND the law in their favor...
NOPE, if people didn't BREAK the law there would be NO revenue!
orphanannie

Cedar Park, TX

#302 Jul 26, 2009
Foxylady wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE, if people didn't BREAK the law there would be NO revenue!
well people....I rest my case...
she's an idiot.
orphanannie

Cedar Park, TX

#303 Jul 26, 2009
matt wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be so sure....
And...did you GET her answer, matt???
think it through...
Foxylady

San Antonio, TX

#305 Jul 26, 2009
orphanannie wrote:
<quoted text>
don't be so sure....
And...did you GET her answer, matt???
think it through...
I think he knows you're NOT registered. YES, matt got my answer. Much to YOUR dismay we're cool. How do I know that? He said so.
bulletbreath

Pittsburgh, PA

#306 Jul 27, 2009
&fe ature=channel
snapdecision stop for a smoke
JT Williams

Calumet City, IL

#307 Aug 30, 2009
The question is, do we want to live in a police state? Why not let the powers that be put cameras in all of our homes to make sure we aren't harming our families, or ourselves?! If we accept remote law enforcement on our streets, there will be no end to the tyranny! It is ironic that 230 yrs after our forefathers fought to free our land from tyrants, it is British companies (like RedSpeed) and British technology (the CCTV surveillance capital of the world)that are being installed here to squeeze the people into submission. There are all kinds of outrageous ways that we can help the government stop crime: we just have to give up our individual liberty.
cjo

United States

#308 Dec 12, 2012
I too just received a red light violation in Hillside for failing to come to a complete stopstop on a right turn, and I wasn't even the one driving the car. After expressing this to the hearing officer, he told me I was still responsible for the ticket even after telling him I had proof. Even after reviewing the video, the person did stop before his right turn,but I was still held in violation. Mind you, after 32 years of driving, I hv never received any tickets. I'm so upset. WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?
Disgusted

Garden City, MI

#309 Dec 22, 2012
Contact Roy McCambell Steve Daugherty and Kurt Griesheim who all conspired and together to get RED LIGHT cameras in the Western Suburbs. They all got rich at your expense. They knew that these lights are noting more than personal ATMs and not designed for public safety ..but rather personal gain.
DSB

Milwaukee, WI

#310 Dec 23, 2012
Red light tickets are cash cows to corrupt towns like Stone Park.

Usually it's pointless to attend the hearing in that town because it is usually held by a rep from that town so it is very biased so a person with proof or not will still be found guilty.
Disgusted

Garden City, MI

#311 Dec 23, 2012
Red Lights cameras in the western suburbs were never meant to help safety. They werte all about ripping off the public from the very beginning.Steve Daugherty and Kurt Griesheim from CTC cooked up deals with Roy McCambell and they got Zito to pass it in the state legislature and they all got rich.

Now lets see who goes to jail first?
James Sold Out

Melrose Park, IL

#312 Jan 8, 2013
Someone needs to examine the money trail and cozy relationships between Roy McCambell and Current Tecs and Zito and the Isreali Red Light Cameras and the West Cook Municiple Conference.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#313 Jan 9, 2013
I love it when people complain about red light cams...
Usually it is either
A) I stopped.. just past the white line
B) the light was not red
C) everyone stops past the line to make a right turn.. how else you gonna see ?
D) If a cop didnt see it it is a bogus ticket.

For A.. my comment is.. You broke the law.. deal with it.
We, myself included, get very lazy with our driving habits. We bend the law and the cops allow it. They do not have time or manpower to ticket everyone who stops past the white.. so people think it is ok. Then they get angry when they are held accountable for breaking the law..... Please...

For B) again the video tapes taken do not lie. People continue to see yellow as speed up so I can save 2 minutes. They know it is a RRC intersection and complain when they roll the dice and it comes up craps

For C) Yes everyone seems to stop past the white to make their turn. Does not make it legal. Everyone speeds on 355.... usually 10 or more past the limit (myself included).... If you were pulled over do you think the cop would take "everyone does it" as a reason not to ticket you?....

For D) That is like saying store security didnt catch me but the alarm at thedoor did... so i really did not shop lift. Face it If you get a red light ticket you more than likely broke the law. Be an adult pay t he fine and move on. With the video evidence... hard to dispute your wrong doing.

Now before someone snipes that I never had a rlt... I lived through the years in BB when RRC (red light cam) were down the main road of Boughton. Yes I got a red light ticket... I deserved it. Yes I even got rear ended because the lady behind me thought I would speed up to get through the light instead of stopping at the line.....So i have been there done that.

The RRC are not hidden.. there are always signs before the intersections. The RRC are not moved.. they stay at the same intersections. The RRC DOES make a lot of money for the City... When BB had it the fine was $100
$40 of which was refunded to the city. Anyone who knows Boughton knows how much traffic it has and how many tickets per day were most likely issued. So yes the city makes money off of it.... so what?.. The tickets (at least in BB) were not reported to the state. It did not go against your driving record. It was a civil matter so insurance would not be affected.... So what is the big deal people

In short... learn where the lights are... make sure you follow the letter of the law at those intersections and you won't get a ticket... easy solution...
Steve d

Melrose Park, IL

#314 Jan 9, 2013
come on now wrote:
I love it when people complain about red light cams...
Usually it is either
A) I stopped.. just past the white line
B) the light was not red
C) everyone stops past the line to make a right turn.. how else you gonna see ?
D) If a cop didnt see it it is a bogus ticket.
For A.. my comment is.. You broke the law.. deal with it.
We, myself included, get very lazy with our driving habits. We bend the law and the cops allow it. They do not have time or manpower to ticket everyone who stops past the white.. so people think it is ok. Then they get angry when they are held accountable for breaking the law..... Please...
For B) again the video tapes taken do not lie. People continue to see yellow as speed up so I can save 2 minutes. They know it is a RRC intersection and complain when they roll the dice and it comes up craps
For C) Yes everyone seems to stop past the white to make their turn. Does not make it legal. Everyone speeds on 355.... usually 10 or more past the limit (myself included).... If you were pulled over do you think the cop would take "everyone does it" as a reason not to ticket you?....
For D) That is like saying store security didnt catch me but the alarm at thedoor did... so i really did not shop lift. Face it If you get a red light ticket you more than likely broke the law. Be an adult pay t he fine and move on. With the video evidence... hard to dispute your wrong doing.
Now before someone snipes that I never had a rlt... I lived through the years in BB when RRC (red light cam) were down the main road of Boughton. Yes I got a red light ticket... I deserved it. Yes I even got rear ended because the lady behind me thought I would speed up to get through the light instead of stopping at the line.....So i have been there done that.
The RRC are not hidden.. there are always signs before the intersections. The RRC are not moved.. they stay at the same intersections. The RRC DOES make a lot of money for the City... When BB had it the fine was $100
$40 of which was refunded to the city. Anyone who knows Boughton knows how much traffic it has and how many tickets per day were most likely issued. So yes the city makes money off of it.... so what?.. The tickets (at least in BB) were not reported to the state. It did not go against your driving record. It was a civil matter so insurance would not be affected.... So what is the big deal people
In short... learn where the lights are... make sure you follow the letter of the law at those intersections and you won't get a ticket... easy solution...
Thank you on behalf of Roy McCambell and myself for this great post. We need more cameras to pay for legal fees.
Who cares if all these cameras achieve the intended purpose...because they are my personal cash cow. Again thank you for all the donations.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#315 Jan 9, 2013
Steve d wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you on behalf of Roy McCambell and myself for this great post. We need more cameras to pay for legal fees.
Who cares if all these cameras achieve the intended purpose...because they are my personal cash cow. Again thank you for all the donations.
Do you have proof the 40 percent goes into his warchest?... or is that just another sour grape from someone not adult enough to say .. I broke the law, I got caught I should pay my due....
James Sold Out

Melrose Park, IL

#316 Jan 9, 2013
come on now wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have proof the 40 percent goes into his warchest?... or is that just another sour grape from someone not adult enough to say .. I broke the law, I got caught I should pay my due....
I didnt read where anyone said 40% of a ticket goes into a warchest?
As for McCambell he is already idicted on 10 felony counts....and he was the same guy bragging that Red Light Cameras were an ATM.Enough said.
There has been countless studies that prove that these cameras don't increase safety at all.

Obviously this idiot is either McCambell or Daugherty the company that installs and collects on these cameras.
come on now

Bolingbrook, IL

#317 Jan 9, 2013
James Sold Out wrote:
<quoted text>
I didnt read where anyone said 40% of a ticket goes into a warchest?
As for McCambell he is already idicted on 10 felony counts....and he was the same guy bragging that Red Light Cameras were an ATM.Enough said.
There has been countless studies that prove that these cameras don't increase safety at all.
Obviously this idiot is either McCambell or Daugherty the company that installs and collects on these cameras.
As far as increasing safety... living through the BB light war.. I doubt it really does. Many people continued to stop passed the white line even after the first ticket. Face it most people are lazy drivers. My point is do not complain about the ticket. You did the crime pay the fine... Are the tickets money makers for the cities.. yes... do they enforce the laws already on the books yes. So who am I or anybody to complain t hat the laws are being enforced?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Prospect Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Increasing number of blacks and Hispanics movin... (May '08) 3 hr Really 154
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) Apr 27 Michaelj 7,573
News Posting of alleged gang members stirs police co... (Apr '07) Apr 27 Reality 8
News The first McDonald's (Feb '08) Apr 19 Ronb 3
News Parolee Back Behind Bars, Charged With Lincolns... Apr 18 Skeptic 3
Neo-Nazi Pedophile Steve Turpel in Arlington He... (Nov '10) Apr 15 zio-spotlight 30
News Body found dead in Berwyn alley - Berwyn, IL - ... (May '08) Mar '16 Alice Alice 114
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Prospect Mortgages