Man found fatally stabbed in Hoffman ...

Man found fatally stabbed in Hoffman Estates

There are 54 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 5, 2008, titled Man found fatally stabbed in Hoffman Estates. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A 38-year-old man was stabbed to death Wednesday morning during an altercation in northwest suburban Hoffman Estates and another man was being questioned, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
terry

Round Lake, IL

#1 Mar 5, 2008
the rewards of daley relocating families from the projects.

i say some of these relocations should occur in daley's neighborhood too.

since daley is relocating lower income families into the suburbs, it makes the city cleaner. spread the dirt. it'll eventually get swept under a rug.
AzCat

United States

#2 Mar 5, 2008
exactly my thought!!! It started with the bussing of the inner city kids to the burbs. With it came the lice, the snatching of lunch money and the nasty graffity in the bathrooms. Nevermind learning..."what...use is actin white" that was their slogan. Another suburb went bust..a previous school "of excellence" down the drain.
Bravo, affirmative action......
Linda

Chicago, IL

#3 Mar 5, 2008
I'm pretty sure we need stricter knife laws.
Bob Suburban

Chicago, IL

#5 Mar 5, 2008
Think of how much worse this would have been if Hoffman Estates allowed guns!
Mary

La Crescenta, CA

#7 Mar 5, 2008
God you people are awful.
cosmo kramer

Jersey City, NJ

#8 Mar 5, 2008
i'm pretty sure Linda is an idiot.
Pat

United States

#9 Mar 5, 2008
AzCat wrote:
exactly my thought!!! It started with the bussing of the inner city kids to the burbs. With it came the lice, the snatching of lunch money and the nasty graffity in the bathrooms. Nevermind learning..."what...use is actin white" that was their slogan. Another suburb went bust..a previous school "of excellence" down the drain.
Bravo, affirmative action......
You must have missed spelling lessons if you cannot spell "BUSING" and "graffiti", so what is wrong with you. Sorry to burst your small world view bubble, but with rare exception black people do not suffer the infestations of lice, crabs, and other bugs so often seen in other communities.

You see lice just cannot survive the oils African American often use on their hair nor attach to the curly hair shaft. Black people also tend to use oils and lotions on their skin, which would smother the bugs.

Check, with any school district and you will see for yourself that these infestation of bugs are rare in black children.
cosmo kramer

Jersey City, NJ

#10 Mar 5, 2008
There's no mention of identity (ethnicity, skin color, etc.) in the article. I just don't get how these forums turn to color and/or the question of citizenship. For all we know--until more is reported--this could have been a domestic dispute between two white native citizens.

“Two, Tree, maybe Four”

Since: Nov 07

Blue Island

#11 Mar 5, 2008
cosmo kramer wrote:
i'm pretty sure Linda is an idiot.
I'm pretty sure Linda was making a joke.
real life

Georgetown, TX

#12 Mar 5, 2008
TIME TO MOVE FURTHER OUT BECAUSE THE POOR HAVE INVADED THE BURBS. THAT DALY IS A GENIUS OR AN ENEMY IF YOU LIVE ANYWHERE WEST OF RT 83.

And Mary In Burbank. You do not live here or understand this situation. We rarely had violence out in the "good" neighborhoods until the migration West!
cosmo kramer

Jersey City, NJ

#13 Mar 5, 2008
Working Stiff wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Linda was making a joke.
i'm still pretty sure she's an idiot, having read her posts on other forums.
cosmo kramer

Jersey City, NJ

#14 Mar 5, 2008
Mary is right.
Bill

Chicago, IL

#15 Mar 5, 2008
cosmo kramer wrote:
There's no mention of identity (ethnicity, skin color, etc.) in the article. I just don't get how these forums turn to color and/or the question of citizenship. For all we know--until more is reported--this could have been a domestic dispute between two white native citizens.
Do you wanna bet?
Hoffman is a dump

Waymart, PA

#16 Mar 5, 2008
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The folks involved in this were not from the projects, but came by way of the Rio Grande. Stop with your weakly veiled attack on black folks for they are not the problem in Hoffman Estate. I live in South Barrington and ought to know the few black families who live in Hoffman are not a problem, but just ask about some of these Polish, Mexican, and other Euro trash and the police will fill your ears. Visit one of the area volunteer social service agencies and there are not many blacks, ever!! If there were we could get to them for having to wage through all the others, and I know this too because I am a volunteer with an agency that is tired of having to deal with all these "illegals": Polish, Mexicans, and other Euro trash.
Well I live in Hoffman Estates and I beg to disagree with you. There are black gangs all over there, I know because they hang out on our streets and constantly cause trouble. The cops are there EVERY single day. And they aren't taking away white people for the most part. Oh, yeah there are a few white kids that think they are bangers too and they get in trouble but my area is full of little wanabe hoodies.
To the other poster: Hoffman Estates does allow gun ownership and possession.
cosmo kramer

Jersey City, NJ

#17 Mar 5, 2008
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wanna bet?
sure. my money is on a love triangle. color and ethnicity are up for grabs.

“Two, Tree, maybe Four”

Since: Nov 07

Blue Island

#19 Mar 5, 2008
cosmo kramer wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm still pretty sure she's an idiot, having read her posts on other forums.
lol! you got me there cosmo! I'll take your word for it--haven't seen her elsewhere, but there are a lot of idiots out there aren't there?
jen

Chicago, IL

#20 Mar 5, 2008
terry wrote:
the rewards of daley relocating families from the projects.
i say some of these relocations should occur in daley's neighborhood too.
since daley is relocating lower income families into the suburbs, it makes the city cleaner. spread the dirt. it'll eventually get swept under a rug.
Thiis happens everywhere. Crime is a reality in any community.
DOREEN

Schaumburg, IL

#21 Mar 5, 2008
HOW IGNORANT CAN YOU BE---JUST MAYBE THIS CRIME
WAS COMMITED BY A GOOD OLD WHITE GUY. BEFORE YOU
START ASSUMING ANYTHING, I AM WHITE. YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE MAKE ME SICK. IN CASE YOU DON'T DO MUCH IN
THE WAY OF READING, LET ME INFORM YOU THAT MOST OF THE SERIAL KILLERS ARE WHITE.ALSO WHEN IT COMES
DOWN TO THE FACTS, SOME OF THE BIGGEST CROOKS ARE
SITTING RIGHT THERE IN WASHINGTON DC.
red horse

Clarendon Hills, IL

#22 Mar 6, 2008
im not sure if I made the right decision to move in hoffman estates. but 2 months after I've lived in the same apartment complex as that guy who was stabbed, somebody broke in my car and took some stuff.
Jay Mack

Chicago, IL

#23 Mar 6, 2008
People.....I hate to break it to you, but the 29 year old in the article (who I am assuming is the perpetrator) was white. I should know....I lived across the hall from him.

But good luck with that whole 'only black people commit crimes' theory, terry/azcat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Prospect Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
River Grove Library (Feb '11) Dec 11 Lowest of Them All 82
remember albano's bake shop north ave? (Jan '09) Nov 30 dominic 3
gang's in addison (Sep '07) Nov 30 Count love 177
Kenneka Jenkins was transgender Nov 21 ainjtown 4
News Motorcyclist still in coma after November accident (Jan '10) Nov 20 Itascarascal 14
New Northlake chief Nissen is hated by his offi... (Nov '16) Nov 19 Bill for Mayor 14
Russians descendants of Serbs Nov 15 The Serbs 1

Mount Prospect Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Prospect Mortgages