First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just a guy

Tyler, TX

#1 Oct 2, 2010
Press release issued by Mount Pleasant Police Department Captain Robert G. Vine) On Friday, October 1, 2010, Mount Pleasant Police Officers, arrested Brian Ashley Whitfield, 31, of Mount Pleasant, on an outstanding felony warrant for theft.

This arrest took place in the 200 block of North Madison. This arrest was the culmination of an investigation conducted by Detective Scott Wildey and began back in May of this year.

At that time, the Mount Pleasant Police Department had received numerous complaints from local businesses alleging Whitfield had stolen money from them.

Throughout the investigation, 17 separate complainants, all local businesses, were confirmed to be victims by Detective Wildey, with the dollar amount totaling over $4,000, allegedly stolen by Whitfield.

Due to the large number of complainants involved with this case and the large amount of information that needed to be gathered from each, the investigation into this alleged offense was a rather lengthy one.

Detective Wildey conducted a solid investigation and represented the department well in serving the local business community the way he did his job.

After being presented with the case file, Titus County District Attorney, Charles "Chuck" Bailey, issued a complaint and the complaint was then taken to the office of Precinct 2 Justice of the Peace, Paula Dyke, where a warrant was issued for WhitfieldÂ’s arrest.

This particular offense is a state jail felony. If convicted, Whitfield could face confinement in a state jail for not more than two years and not less than 180 days and/or receive a fine not to exceed $10,000.

Whitfield may also be facing future charges pending investigation.
HELLO EAST TEXAS

United States

#2 Oct 4, 2010
There is a lot more to this story than the public knows. He has been harassed by the local police department for month. This all has to do with the cousin of the chief, Tim Ingram. His cousin, Dusten lied to local merchants about an add for the web site called, Nuwave. He should be the one arrested. IMO
NobRot

Quitman, TX

#3 Oct 4, 2010
Brian is a criminal - just as much as the PD. Guess the bigger crook showed the pee-on who's boss. Its hard to have any sympathy for someone like Brian. Dont let him fool you - he is not an innocent victim. There are serious problems in Mt Mexico - the town is made up of a bunch of thieves from top to bottom. Being just another thief - Brian should have just tried to go along with it rather than stir it up. I for one chose to close my business rather than do business with these people - any support you muster is afraid to buck the "authorities" there. When in Rome Brian..
HELLO EAST TEXAS

United States

#4 Oct 4, 2010
I don't know the guy at all. I just know from my experience with Mt. Mexico(lol) that if you try to report any wrong doing with the police or any major county figure, it's your ass. It's time the Texas Rangers come in like they did years ago in Tyler and Tulia and clean the town up. If he actually committed the crimes then he needs to be accountable for his actions.
Someone

Waterloo, Canada

#5 Oct 16, 2010
I'm glad to see that justice was finally served to a man who was trying to destroy the reputation of people who put their lives on the line everyday. I know that at least one article of "an officer beat a mp man" actually occured one year after the incident happened, An expert in use of force found the officer "Justified in the force that was used. It the opinion of this person that Brian was purposely trying to ruin the integrity of a department focused on keeping the community safe. As far as the other officers arrested there is a lot more to each of those stories as well.
justiss 4all

Lubbock, TX

#6 Oct 18, 2010
Like any news paper that tells the truth they don't last long. If he broke the law, we don't know that as our system should always work till proven guilty.
Any yes, the Texas Rangers, feds, somebody, needs to help fix the town. Most people don't trust law enforcement. And that's sad
HELLO EAST TEXAS

United States

#7 Oct 18, 2010
I wish a police office from the MPPD would come on here and give their side of the story or something. I know they read this. It is sad that profiling is looked on so bad when it comes to illegals or terrorist, but when it comes to your average citizens we stand still and let it happen time and time again. When is it going to be enough. You child killed by one or a relative wrongly convicted and incarcerated for years. SOMEBODY say something!!!!!!
Sandra

East Peoria, IL

#8 Oct 19, 2010
HELLO EAST TEXAS wrote:
I wish a police office from the MPPD would come on here and give their side of the story or something. I know they read this. It is sad that profiling is looked on so bad when it comes to illegals or terrorist, but when it comes to your average citizens we stand still and let it happen time and time again. When is it going to be enough. You child killed by one or a relative wrongly convicted and incarcerated for years. SOMEBODY say something!!!!!!
Your wasting your time talking to the half dozen people that read stuff on this site. Why dont you approach higher up law enforcement, the city and other places that might do some good. You seem to know what is going on?
Ann

Mount Pleasant, TX

#9 Oct 19, 2010
HELLO EAST TEXAS wrote:
There is a lot more to this story than the public knows. He has been harassed by the local police department for month. This all has to do with the cousin of the chief, Tim Ingram. His cousin, Dusten lied to local merchants about an add for the web site called, Nuwave. He should be the one arrested. IMO
How interesting that this person is being harrassed by the police. Perhaps the police have a reason to talk with this person, watch this person and whatever else. The police generally dont waste time on people that arent doing anything wrong. Nothing like second hand information to profess as fact. I see you commenting on alot of stuff that is just heresay. You must like harassing people like the police you are talking about.
HELLO EAST TEXAS

United States

#10 Oct 20, 2010
Good job Ann of providing us with no facts. I don't know the facts. That's why I said let's get the Police on here and have a civil debate about it. The Police in Mt. Mexico I know NEVER harass anyone. Come on be honest. You are probably right about the Police not wasting their time on someone that wasn't doing anything. Yes he was. It was called expressing his first amendment right and investigating a police dept that for years have been harassing that community. You don't want the truth you want to bury your head in the sand.
JudgeJudy

East Peoria, IL

#11 Oct 20, 2010
HELLO EAST TEXAS wrote:
Good job Ann of providing us with no facts. I don't know the facts. That's why I said let's get the Police on here and have a civil debate about it. The Police in Mt. Mexico I know NEVER harass anyone. Come on be honest. You are probably right about the Police not wasting their time on someone that wasn't doing anything. Yes he was. It was called expressing his first amendment right and investigating a police dept that for years have been harassing that community. You don't want the truth you want to bury your head in the sand.
Go complain to the chief of police or sheriff. Your wasting your time here as this will accomplish nothing. But then again, only a person with no case would waste their time here instead of a short phone call to the sheriffs dept or the chief of police. People are right, your just a pot stirring person. Case dismissed.
HELLO EAST TEXAS

United States

#12 Oct 20, 2010
I bet you think voting for Obama was a right thing to do then and now. It's not MY case to call the MT. Mexico pd or Titus co. it's theirs. But as a concerned citizen like yourself, I'm sure you would be singing a different tune if it were you or your family that this exact situation happened to. You wont admit it thought because just as your President you wont admit anything.
JudgeJudy

East Peoria, IL

#13 Oct 20, 2010
Sorry but I am a Republican and always have been. As for the experiences of racial prejudice you talked about in your other posting I would have thought you to be more the Obama's man. That is someone always whining about how they are oppressed and racially profiled and deserving of benefits at the States expense. You stated in it you were hispanic and your fiance white...remember... Obama wants to take from the rich and give to the poor. That's not me, but I think everyone should earn what they are worth. That is by working, not by State given benefits. But now you state your posting is not about you, so you are contradicting yourself, which I find very interesting. I think you are just looking to stir trouble and get tempers flared. It wouldn't involve my family because we're not stupid enough to get involved in these types of matters. If it did happen I'm sure I can easily get an attorney to correct the situation. That's what people do. I see from the other postings that other people take with my side also. How interesting.
MP Native

United States

#14 Oct 20, 2010
JudgeJudy wrote:
Sorry but I am a Republican and always have been. As for the experiences of racial prejudice you talked about in your other posting I would have thought you to be more the Obama's man. That is someone always whining about how they are oppressed and racially profiled and deserving of benefits at the States expense. You stated in it you were hispanic and your fiance How interesting.
"Judge Judy" is a TV persona whose reputation has been built on acting like a total b*tch to those in "her" court. Sad that you should have to mask your xenophobia / racism (look it up on Wikipedia) by using her name as a cover.

You're not a Republican. You're an idiot hiding behind a political party.
Republican

Mount Pleasant, TX

#15 Oct 20, 2010
MP Native wrote:
<quoted text>
"Judge Judy" is a TV persona whose reputation has been built on acting like a total b*tch to those in "her" court. Sad that you should have to mask your xenophobia / racism (look it up on Wikipedia) by using her name as a cover.
You're not a Republican. You're an idiot hiding behind a political party.
Well, well, you must be one of those Democratic, medicaid and WIC taking, go the the emergency room for treatment on unemployment low lifes that expect the government to hand you everything. Well Obama is on the way out with the democratic house in case you have not read the papers since you live on this site from your idiotic postings. You fit the bill. You dont have to get nasty with someone because they disagree with someone else and catch the other person in a lie from their other postings. Or is it just you under another name? Your clearly a loser in life. Better run to the emergency room and get that zanex refilled.
MP Native

United States

#16 Oct 22, 2010
Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, well, you must be one of those Democratic, medicaid and WIC taking, go the the emergency room for treatment on unemployment low lifes that expect the government to hand you everything. Well Obama is on the way out with the democratic house in case you have not read the papers since you live on this site from your idiotic postings. You fit the bill. You dont have to get nasty with someone because they disagree with someone else and catch the other person in a lie from their other postings. Or is it just you under another name? Your clearly a loser in life. Better run to the emergency room and get that zanex refilled.
Republican, actually (with a job and a 401K. Feel stupid now ?
Republican

Mount Pleasant, TX

#17 Oct 22, 2010
Yes a Republican, I and others are the people funding your pathetic assistance on government subsidies. Oops, too big a word for you, try WELFARE. Feel like a worthly piece of trash? Wonder why?
MP Native

United States

#18 Oct 24, 2010
Republican wrote:
Yes a Republican, I and others are the people funding your pathetic assistance on government subsidies. Oops, too big a word for you, try WELFARE. Feel like a worthly piece of trash? Wonder why?
I... AM... A.... REPUBLICAN... WITH... A.... JOB.... AND.... A.... 401K.

Sorry,.... I'll.... type.... slower.... next.... time.

Btw (that means "by the way" ) what's "worthly" ?
Trisha

East Peoria, IL

#19 Oct 25, 2010
HELLO EAST TEXAS wrote:
People aren't burying their head in the sand. No one just cares for your side of the story and you become irritated when they comment. You are full of shit and people know it. You are one of those people that like to comment about everything like you are an expert, but clearly you are an uneducated fool.
Amber

East Peoria, IL

#20 Oct 25, 2010
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
People aren't burying their head in the sand. No one just cares for your side of the story and you become irritated when they comment. You are full of shit and people know it. You are one of those people that like to comment about everything like you are an expert, but clearly you are an uneducated fool.
Girl you have got this right. I've read this persons stuff and they are just a blow hard that likes to hear themselves talk. Unfortunately for them as you said no one else cares for their opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Lee County Judge giving attention to awar... (Mar '12) 37 min Mack Jones 3
Gaudianship Abuse 5 hr Mack Jones 1
Mt. Pleasant Music Thread (Oct '13) Nov 27 Musikologist 9
Justin Glenn arrested again, this time by the F... (Aug '11) Nov 22 Michael Smith 5
gay places (Jan '11) Nov 14 Jana Corman 31
Chief Jeff Barnett is Dangerous Sexual Predator Nov 9 Susi 1
Counterfeit Money in Daingerfield Oct '16 byrdfamily2000 1

Mount Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Pleasant Mortgages