kay

Tyler, TX

#1 Nov 16, 2011
what sheriff in his right mid wouldnt want to drug test his officers? Texas dept. of public safety does, why wouldnt he? wow! thanks paul, i feel safer already.
City Resident

Winnsboro, TX

#2 Nov 16, 2011
And the City already drug tests the PD officers! Sounds like Paul or one of his cronies has something to hide?
Kim

UK

#3 Dec 30, 2011
They should be drug tested. If they test my kid so he can play ball they should test the cops to play with guns. Yep they got something to hid alright.
Knowledge is Power

Shreveport, LA

#4 Jan 9, 2012
Who- or What Sheriff doesn't want to drug test his employees?

I guess I missed this one!
Timmy K

Mount Pleasant, TX

#5 Feb 29, 2012
Sheriff says hes for testing his deputies but with the AG ruling which obviously says they cant be tested then what is he to do? At this moment its a violation of their rights to do so. We need new case law. plus he is a little leary since that drunk cop they ran off sued them over something like this.
City Resident

Winnsboro, TX

#6 Mar 1, 2012
That Sheriff didn't say a word when the city starting drug testing his officers (remember that the PD answers to the Sheriff in MV!), it was when one of his pets over at the SO ran the risk of getting tested that he raised a fuss and invoked that AG opinion... Wonder who or what he was covering for?
MPNative

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2012
I'm subject to random testing at work and I don't even get to carry a gun.
pamela

Canton, TX

#8 Mar 28, 2012
City Resident wrote:
And the City already drug tests the PD officers! Sounds like Paul or one of his cronies has something to hide?
IF THE CITY DRUG TEST THE PD THAT HAS TO BE A NEW THINGS BECAUSE I PERSONALLY ASK IN A CITY COUNCIL MEETING BEFORE. AND WAS TOLD THEY ONLY GET D.TESTED WHEN HIRED.
concerned

United States

#9 Aug 1, 2012
How is it against their rights ? They can arrest people for drugs but its ok for them to do it ? You can have your kids even taken from you if cps request a drug test if you refuse . But its against a law officers rights? How is it we don't have the same rights then ? Kinda sounds like what my parents used to say " do as I say not as i do " and the whole picture is who do you go to when the law officials are corrupt ? Because no one will believe you cause they are the law
CONCERNED

Mount Vernon, TX

#10 Nov 3, 2012
WELL,DOES THIS MEAN THE RIGHTS OF OFFICERS AND JAILERS WERE TAKEN AWAY, WHEN FIRED AFTER DRUG TESTING?WILL THEIR NAMES BE CLEARED? WILL THEY GET THEIR JOBS BACK? COULD THIS MEAN LAWSUITS? I HOPE SO! SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO PICK AND CHOOSE WHO HAS TO BE TESTED. I CAN'T GET A JOB WITHOUT BEING TESTED AND AGREEING TO RAMDOM TESTING.WHY ARE THEY ANY DIFFERENT? ALOT OF PEOPLE ON WELFARE MIGHT WORK IF THEY DID'T HAVE TO PASS A DRUG TEST.BUT THEN AGAIN IF TESTED BEFORE GETTING HOUSING AND FOOD STAMPS,THEY WOULD ALL BE HOMELESS AND HUNGRY.MAYBE THE CRACK HEADS SHOULD GO TO WORK AT POLICE DEPT. GIVE THEM ALL GUNS? CRAZY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 54 min That Fart Guy 18,551
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) Sun That Fart Guy 22,619
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sun That Fart Guy 570
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Sun That Fart Guy 800
Jay Causey Sep 19 Bling 1
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Sep 10 Gasman 728
•••
•••
•••

Mount Pleasant Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Mount Pleasant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Mount Pleasant News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount Pleasant