Glenn

Mount Pleasant, SC

#1 Sep 8, 2011
I've recently started attending Christ Church in Mt. Pleasant. A friend told me that their "divorce counselor," Douglas Barker, is on his 4th marriage (and was temporarily disbarred due to misconduct of some sort during one of his divorces). Being recently divorced, this disturbed me.

Equally disturbing is what I was told about a woman named Joyce Harder, who also evidently holds some position of authority at Christ Church. According to my friend (whose opinion I hold in the highest regard), this Joyce person is well known in Mt. Pleasant for wrecking marriages (3 that my friend has direct knowledge of... and tells me she tried to wreck the marriage of her own brother, for that matter).

Does anyone here have direct knowledge of that about which I've written. Christ Church is a beautiful place. However, if what I've heard is true, I can't imagine they are truly seeking the Lord's face there.

Thanks for any and all insight!
Lauri

Mount Pleasant, SC

#2 Sep 9, 2011
Glenn,

I don't know Douglas Barker but I do know Joyce Harder. I am aware of 2 situations in which she played a pivotal roll in 2 couples that got divorced. She got so involved in "Counseling" the women in the couples that they seemed to fall under her control... it was kind of weird...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Women's March on Washington plans sister march ... 2 hr Dudley 4
Marie Hicks Inabinett (Sep '12) 22 hr DC Talk 90
Women Sentenced to Ten Years For Murder Plan 23 hr DC Talk 1
News 9 dead in S.C. shooting at historic black churc... (Jun '15) Jan 13 Loveeveryone 330
Thinking of moving to Charleston, feedback? Jan 13 Stay Away 2
run the yankees out of charleston (Jun '16) Jan 12 Chomp 22
TV show looking for families for backyard makeo... (Sep '09) Dec 26 Lisa Burley 83

Mount Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Pleasant Mortgages