Out of town

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2011
Has the speed limit by the turn off to Windfield always dropped from 55 miles per hour to 50? A black teenage looking guy in a camaro sports car gave me a ticket for being 12 miles over the speed limit there. Yet I was bumper to bumper with other traffic about 5pm. A lot of small towns have dropped speed limits to bring in proceeds. I believe all Windfield has is booze stores tax's. Being out of town I never realized there was a sudden short area of reduced speed right by the cut threw to I-30. Reno Texas has the same suprise speed reduction, and in front of Paris Jr College the speed drops from 45 to 20 for 1/10 of a mile and so does Powderly TX, and Cooper which has brought them city money. With city employees in towns like C-ville working 3 to 4 day weeks I guess they need the proceeds over growing crime rates to pay for uneducated court employees with GEDs. Most elected officials have no college just a position. The ticket is only 195 and want effect my insurance rate at all, and I am not complaining because the state is paying 250k for my hep C treatment for 12 months thank God with Medicare/TX Medicaid which I really could not do on my on my senior S.S. income. Could have just been the interferion that made him sound rude. I asked to change drivers seats with my passenger who had worked 2-12hr shifts and owned the car, and he said if you pull into someones drive way and stop obstructing traffic. I had sat in the Franklin temporary court house all day waiting on a mistake they made on my mother's death certificate where they had two different versions of it. One pending and one not from a 7k dollar state investigation of her death. A discombobulated bunch who finally printed it not centered on some paper. loll. I guess I was just sick of the stupidity of small town courts and their few civil servant's who are only milking for money not DWI's not drugs and crime. Just be careful driving threw these zones with very little notice of a speed reduction. I saw 60 mph and he saw 62. and they don't invite you to see their clock speed readings. Ok I've venting off the steam, and a perfect driving record of 20 yrs. Shit happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black History Month: Tim Scott on What His Elec... Feb 24 Magic Utah Uwear 27
Marie Hicks Inabinett (Sep '12) Feb 24 Thanks 98
Women's March on Washington DC., IS A JOKE! Fem... Feb 23 Rachel EEZ 2
Anthony Wright of the Columbia County Board of ... Feb 23 Officer Azariyah 6
Segars-Andrews Signs Valentine Card During Proc... (Feb '10) Feb 22 Rogue Judges 3
News Trump marks his first month with tweets, turmoil Feb 21 Trump is the man 1
News Grocery store, pharmacy, apartments proposed fo... Feb 15 You Cupid Stunt 2

Mount Pleasant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Pleasant Mortgages