SC Senate Approves Illegal Immigratio...

SC Senate Approves Illegal Immigration Bill

There are 3 comments on the WCIV story from Mar 11, 2011, titled SC Senate Approves Illegal Immigration Bill. In it, WCIV reports that:

South Carolina senators pass an anti-immigration measure that would give police officers the authority to check the legal status of suspects.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCIV.

Lee AZ

Mesa, AZ

#1 Mar 13, 2011
so how did you get that past mc cain's boyfriend
sweat Lindsey Graham ?

Lee Az
Veteran
Trucking business owner

Toledo, OH

#3 Mar 13, 2011
 Our elected lawmakers make us believe that the targeting of peach and onion workers, chicken and seafood workers, construction, landscaping in the georgia heat in the summer for 7$ an hour is the wright thing to do, but at the same time nobody is saying something for the so called legal immigration like doctors from India, computer specialist from Asia , lawyers , bankers from who knows where who are paid in the hundreds of thousands $ a year, no but our politicians are targeting the 7$ an hour and less per hour workers in the fields of onions peaches chicken meat fish  processing construction...Ooo but the immigrants are taking the jobs wright? Wrong! Obviously wrong I am driving truck for a box producing company in atlanta where 95% of the employees are immigrants the other 5% are management. For 7 years I have seen lines of americans applying for the job, quitting in the first weeks because of the heat , noise and the dangerously machines! Only two US born employees survive for the first month when the health insurance benefits started. I talked with both of them they was with some health problems needing an insurance coverage as soon as possible because most companies start benefits after three or more moths! And the starting salary was 13$ an hour so the money was not the problem for Americans to staying after applying ? And that is box packaging company , imagine what is in the fields of onions peaches and any agriculture or the landscaping in the Georgia summers..... Ok let's imagine what will happened with the food prices after the fields of Georgia becomes empty or the meat processing goes out of business or the real estate after the half a million undocumented go home? Well that's more than 5% of the all residents of Georgia paying rents owning houses paying sales taxes making lines in our stores buying our services... The truth is that the US economy is already build with the immigrant labor, so please do not be surprise if the burgers that we are eating goes twice expensive because immigrants going home that's from meat processing to food preparing to food serving, what about the falling stores profits from the 5% drop in customers? O but that's not all these  half a million undocumented will take with them their legal relatives like family members to go home also and the half a million leaving the state can easy become 20-30% of the population of the state , surprised ? Well that's the Spanish, Asian, African communities how many of these people you see every day? And also do not be surprised if not many but all business are moving to china and Mexico ? It is happening, and I think the bill makers knows it, but they care only to be reelected  ! O did I mention it the the box packaging company I am truck driver at is going to move in Mexico so the employes over there will be all legal ! So keep doing the good job politicians being reelected ! Thanks for your attention, spread this thinking around until is not to late! 
racer42

Hayward, CA

#5 Mar 13, 2011
You aren't from Russia, you don't own a trucking business, you don't drive a truck. You're just another open borders, pro illegal troll who never had an original thought in your life. The stuff you're posting was obviously written by someone else and you're just spamming all the illegal immigration threads with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marie Hicks Inabinett (Sep '12) 14 hr Think 68
News North Charleston police ask for input on Citize... Jun 20 Adonay 1
News What Charleston looks like, a year after the Dy... Jun 20 Adonay 1
News `a We Are Charlestona a new book that puts Moth... Jun 20 Adonay 1
News S.C. voters choose between former Gov. Mark San... (May '13) Jun 8 Cat74 4
News Mt. Pleasant 7th-grader honored by talent ident... May 29 Cali Pater 1
TV show looking for families for backyard makeo... (Sep '09) May 25 jeanne masanz 81
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Pleasant Mortgages