Bishop nominated for remaining Episcopal parishes

Jan 10, 2013 Full story: Myrtle Beach Online 17

A retired bishop who lives on Daniel Island has been nominated to become provisional bishop for a diocese of Episcopal churches in eastern and lower South Carolina remaining with the national Episcopal Church ...

Full Story

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jan 11, 2013
from Myrtle Beach Online:

"Making matters confusing is that both the diocese that split from the church and the diocese for the parishes that remain are calling themselves The Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina.

"The diocese that split with the national church sued in state court in Dorchester County last week asking a judge to declare that the national church has no right to either the identity of the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina nor its property, valued at an estimated half billion dollars.

"The 2 million-member Episcopal Church is the U.S. branch of the Anglican Communion, which has 77 million members worldwide. When the Diocese of South Carolina split from the national church last year it had 70 congregations with about 29,000 parishioners."

Prior to PB Schori, TEC had close to 4 million members.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from Myrtle Beach Online:
"Making matters confusing is that both the diocese that split from the church and the diocese for the parishes that remain are calling themselves The Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina.
"The diocese that split with the national church sued in state court in Dorchester County last week asking a judge to declare that the national church has no right to either the identity of the Episcopal Diocese of South Carolina nor its property, valued at an estimated half billion dollars.
"The 2 million-member Episcopal Church is the U.S. branch of the Anglican Communion, which has 77 million members worldwide. When the Diocese of South Carolina split from the national church last year it had 70 congregations with about 29,000 parishioners."
Prior to PB Schori, TEC had close to 4 million members.
Yeah. Well,.... so what?

What's your point?

“Lovely Conservative”

Since: Jan 13

Whatever It Takes!

#3 Jan 11, 2013
Isn't anyone concerned that your Bishop is Gay?
I just can't fathom, why you would complain about other things, but haven't touched on that issue.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#4 Jan 11, 2013
Sandybottom1 wrote:
Isn't anyone concerned that your Bishop is Gay?
I just can't fathom, why you would complain about other things, but haven't touched on that issue.
Whose bishop is gay?

You mean a couple of bishops in The Episcopal Church, today?
Yes, of course, we have them. Openly.

Or do you mean a couple of bishops in The Anglican Church?
Oh! Yes. They have them, too. Not quite so openly.

Or are you referring to gay bishops among the many bishops, male and female, of the Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran, Eastern Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Free Evangelical, Baptist, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera, and including the Roman Catholic Church, now, today and over the past 20 centuries?

Well,.... sure.

Certainly nothing new, after all.

That's what this whole brouhaha is all about, isn't it? The fact that The Episcopal Church is now openly admitting to what everybody else is and has been trying to hide? And now, because of what we are doing, nobody can get away with denying it, anymore?
That's right! Heeeeere's JOHNNY!

LOL!!!.... Yep. That is exactly what this is all about.

Now, for your information, I am a priest, duly ordained, and made a priest and disciple of Christ Jesus. Furthermore, I am a heterosexual, happily married, with a family.

But, what I am not is an ignorant dufus who thinks there is any benefit to anyone by continuing to deny that there are homosexual priests, deacons and bishops among the many ordinants who competently and faithfully serve in the Holy Orders of the priesthood of Christ Jesus.

There are also some bad apples in the barrel.

It is a fact and we ALL know it!

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#5 Jan 12, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Well,.... so what?
What's your point?
Isn't it obvious that under Schori's tenure half of TEC's flock has left the denomination, or doesn't that concern a priest without a congregation?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Currently, at least 19 of the Diocese's 74 parishes and missions have affirmed their continuing participation in the Episcopal Church, while another 18 have taken no action to leave with Lawrence. About one-third of the canonically resident clergy in the Diocese have indicated they are leaving with Lawrence, though it is not clear how many have actually done anything about it.

http://scepiscopalians.com/

Lawrence had better get more than 1/3 of the clergy on board....

;-)

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 12, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
Currently, at least 19 of the Diocese's 74 parishes and missions have affirmed their continuing participation in the Episcopal Church, while another 18 have taken no action to leave with Lawrence. About one-third of the canonically resident clergy in the Diocese have indicated they are leaving with Lawrence, though it is not clear how many have actually done anything about it.
http://scepiscopalians.com/
Lawrence had better get more than 1/3 of the clergy on board....
;-)
Lots of attempts to put a positive spin on Lawrence's negative antics.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#8 Jan 13, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of attempts to put a positive spin on Lawrence's negative antics.
It wasn't Bishop Lawrence's "antics" that caused half of TEC's flock to leave the denomination.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#9 Jan 13, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't Bishop Lawrence's "antics" that caused half of TEC's flock to leave the denomination.
I disagree.

I am a member of TEC.

There dioceses is going to be ok, but then you'd rather read VOL than actually get the diocesan truth.

So roman of you, again.

What will MR Lawrence do with less than 1/3 of the clergy supporting him...

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#10 Jan 13, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree.
I am a member of TEC.
There dioceses is going to be ok ...
And you complain about my bad spelling, or is your speech recognition software having problems with homonyms?

And if you can't be bothered to actually read what you post, why should anyone else?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#11 Jan 14, 2013
What will MR Lawrence do with less than 1/3 of the clergy supporting him.

BTW, some REAL NEWS:

Debut of PECDSC Lawsuit Bungled

Sneaky end-run to trademark official seal and official names embarasses Lawrence supporters

After our story, status of applications changed from "pending" to "DEAD"

http://scepiscopalians.com/

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#12 Jan 14, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
What will MR Lawrence do with less than 1/3 of the clergy supporting him ...
... he'll ask God for guidance while PB Schori consults her lawyers.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... he'll ask God for guidance while PB Schori consults her lawyers.
Right after she gets instruction from the Paraclete, and discerns with others......

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#14 Jan 15, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after she gets instruction from the Paraclete ...
Schori gets her "instructions" from Spong's Theses.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#15 Jan 15, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Schori gets her "instructions" from Spong's Theses.
LOL!

A little knowledge makes you even less coherent.

You're thinking is beyond psychiatric help, you've permanently severed your synapses and all by choice.

Sad..........

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#16 Jan 15, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
A little knowledge makes you even less coherent ...
But to your itching ears, Spong is very coherent.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#17 Jan 17, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
But to your itching ears, Spong is very coherent.
LOL!

The day you take things in context will be a great day for God!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marie Hicks Inabinett (Sep '12) Dec 25 Tell Me 30
Chesterbrook Academy Dec 23 radtech9 1
heroin (Mar '12) Dec 21 Jmazzy 7
Same-sex marriage is just the beginning Dec 21 Doctor Doo-little 43
SmallTown Country Living Dec 16 Ramona 3
Charleston County Authorities Search for Home I... Dec 15 whatever 1
Charleston Housing Cost 25% Higher Than Nationa... Dec 14 HaHaHaHa 4
Mount Pleasant Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mount Pleasant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mount Pleasant News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount Pleasant

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:41 am PST

ESPN10:41AM
Panthers RB Stewart gets nod vs. Falcons
ESPN 6:10 AM
Panthers assistant saves family's Christmas
Bleacher Report 9:11 AM
Complete Preview for Falcons vs. Panthers
NFL 4:23 AM
Julio Jones to play; Steven Jackson out for Falcons
Bleacher Report 7:45 AM
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Houston Texans: Live Houston Score and Analysis