Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism

Jan 31, 2013 Full story: Lake Wylie Pilot 147

Circuit Court Judge Diane Goodstein issued a permanent injunction Thursday ruling only churches that left The Episcopal Church last year may use the name the Diocese of South Carolina ...

Full Story
Grotonian

New York, NY

#21 Feb 4, 2013
TO Rev. Ken: Lev. 18:22. And as for the Bk of Common Prayer, if the current anti-clergy running the Apostate TEC has not condemned anti-Bishop Gene of NH for sodomy, then who knows what changes will soon be made to the Bk of Common Prayer. As devout (and Reformed) Episcopalian, we need to ask our selves why is there such a hard-line faction/approach about this Gay Movement sodomy acceptance. In my heart of hearts, I believe our church is being taken over by evil forces. Every rebuttal I've written is provable. RevKen's responses are merely rhetoric. The Gay Movement, most always a group of socially-empowered men, wants us to somehow think of them as "victims," as if sodomy is a worthy civil rights cause.(like Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper strikes me as a victim.) Get a real cause--like poverty, homelessness, feeding the hungry, racism, sexism, anti-war. If this group of empowered men pooled their resources and energy into fighting against the abovementioned causes, instead of fighting to marry and have sex with each other, our Western world would be a better place. Instead, they fight for anal sex. Go-figure. How reproachable. When did priests wanting to have anal sex become a righteous cause? That's not bigotry, it's reality. You see, Rev.Ken, if a group of people decides to characterize themselves in terms of their sexual habits about what and whom they want to have sex with, then this conversation/discussion must be about SEX!!! So yes, I think it's a shallow cause, no doubt. But don't fault me as being a bigot if I use sexual terms to discuss what's splitting "our" church apart, b/c after all, it's all about sex, anal sex that is, or to use a term from the King James Bible...Sodomy. So, if you call this stupid, so be it. I, on the other had, call it FAITH and clarity! "A Mighty Fortress is Our God"

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#22 Feb 4, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... but in Post #5, you agreed with Midway (#4) who did accuse me of doing just that.
re the AP Stylebook, helping to spread another's slander is the same as if it originated it with you.
In Post #1 above, you are helping to spread another's slander as if it originated with you.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#23 Feb 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
In Post #1 above, you are helping to spread another's slander ...
"another's"?

Since roboblogger is software, how can it be capable of "slander"?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#24 Feb 5, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... but in Post #5, you agreed with Midway (#4) who did accuse me of doing just that.
re the AP Stylebook, helping to spread another's slander is the same as if it originated it with you.
I accuse you of starting threads on a story that is factual wrong.

Editors can be fired for such a thing if you had ANY responsibility other than copy and paste.

LMAO..........

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#25 Feb 5, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
I accuse you of starting threads on a story that is factual wrong ...
Looks like you're changing your false accusations:
Rebecca wrote:
This article is incorrect and misleading as the writer has the facts wrong ...
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why Joie DeCaro posted it ...

Location hidden

#26 Feb 5, 2013
Grotonian wrote:
TO Rev. Ken: Lev. 18:22. And as for the Bk of Common Prayer, if the current anti-clergy running the Apostate TEC has not condemned anti-Bishop Gene of NH for sodomy, then who knows what changes will soon be made to the Bk of Common Prayer. As devout (and Reformed) Episcopalian, we need to ask our selves why is there such a hard-line faction/approach about this Gay Movement sodomy acceptance. In my heart of hearts, I believe our church is being taken over by evil forces. Every rebuttal I've written is provable. RevKen's responses are merely rhetoric. The Gay Movement, most always a group of socially-empowered men, wants us to somehow think of them as "victims," as if sodomy is a worthy civil rights cause.(like Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper strikes me as a victim.) Get a real cause--like poverty, homelessness, feeding the hungry, racism, sexism, anti-war. If this group of empowered men pooled their resources and energy into fighting against the abovementioned causes, instead of fighting to marry and have sex with each other, our Western world would be a better place. Instead, they fight for anal sex. Go-figure. How reproachable. When did priests wanting to have anal sex become a righteous cause? That's not bigotry, it's reality. You see, Rev.Ken, if a group of people decides to characterize themselves in terms of their sexual habits about what and whom they want to have sex with, then this conversation/discussion must be about SEX!!! So yes, I think it's a shallow cause, no doubt. But don't fault me as being a bigot if I use sexual terms to discuss what's splitting "our" church apart, b/c after all, it's all about sex, anal sex that is, or to use a term from the King James Bible...Sodomy. So, if you call this stupid, so be it. I, on the other had, call it FAITH and clarity! "A Mighty Fortress is Our God"
Mr. Grotonian,

Your "Mighty Fortress" is an obsession with other people's sexual habits. Furthermore, you imagine and speculate about what they are doing. But, you don't actually know.

I gave you an opportunity to find and present good cause for your condemnations of people you don't know by bringing quotes and references in defense and support of your views from the Book of Common Prayer to these TOPIX threads.

You have declined the opportunity to get serious.

As for Mr. Anderson Cooper or the names of any other individuals who define themselves as other than heterosexual, I am glad they have the courage to openly admit their own understanding of themselves. It wasn't so long ago that such an admission would have been a career stopper. Not so anymore and I am glad of it.

Jesus said, "Seek the truth." I believe that this is what these people are doing and I commend them for it. Most of them have known of their difference in orientation from heterosexual ever since they can remember. That is most generally the nature of this difference. Regardless of its actual biological cause, it is understood by the individual, the child, to be their own identity, just as heterosexuality is understood to be.

The problem is yours, Mr. Grotonian. Find out why you have it. Get to the bottom of it. Understand yourself.

Most of these people who you so vehemently condemn are just plain everyday, normal good-hearted, productive people, looking for a way to get through life and do something with their lives that others believe to be worthwhile.

Jesus loves, forgives, accepts and supports them every bit as much as he loves and forgives you. And because He very clearly teaches me to do the same, that is precisely what I work to do also. I'm not very good at it, Grotonian. I just work at it.

That is where the real choice exists.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#27 Feb 5, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"another's"?
Since roboblogger is software, how can it be capable of "slander"?
LOL!!!...

Well then,... If Roboblogger cannot be held accountable for speading the lies and misconceptions that exist in the original article, the onus and liability are yours and yours alone!

You made reference to the responsibilities of groups like the AP and how they regard the dissemination of irresponsible statements. Then, you proceed to do exactly what they condemn as irresponsible behavior.

The potential of that Lightning Bolt continues to brew up. Hope it warms your little bottom nicely in due time, when your time comes.

Rev. Ken

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#28 Feb 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!...
Well then,... If Roboblogger cannot be held accountable for speading the lies and misconceptions that exist in the original article ...
... then no one else can either, save perhaps its programmer.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#29 Feb 5, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!...
Well then,... If Roboblogger cannot be held accountable for speading the lies and misconceptions that exist in the original article, the onus and liability are yours and yours alone!
You made reference to the responsibilities of groups like the AP and how they regard the dissemination of irresponsible statements ...
Speaking of the AP ...

Liability for Republication:

"... a republisher of libel is generally considered just as responsible for the libel as the original speaker" (p. 353).

So if roboblogger can't be held responsible for publishing "lies and misconceptions" ...
Grotonian

New York, NY

#30 Feb 5, 2013
TO REVKEN: The issue is not about what one says he (or she) is--hetero or homo, pedophile or polygamist. The issue is the act! Gay ministers have been outstanding preacher for centuries, some open some closeted. But in past years they have been able to control their uncivilized desires in the same way that those of us who are straight control ours, by not fornicating out of the sacrament of wedlock. Figuratively speaking, I don't believe that there is such a thing as a gay person; I believe it's a political movement instead. Because there is no way to actually know what another human being is thinking. So we are just supposed to take someone's word that they are gay or not. If there is no way of proving that an individual belongs to a social group or minority other than to see/witness that individual in the sexual act itself. I don't believe that group should be categorized as different from the mainstream, b/c no one's going to make someone who claims to be gay prove they are gay by having that person engage in a sexual act on the record. So I find it very curious that otherwise empowered mainstream MEN can somehow nowadays conveniently claim to be apart of a minority class, i.e., the new gay movement (with the never of comparing their supposed plight to that of women or the blacks), and all of a sudden be conveniently be considered a minority. I don't need to look this irony up in the Bk. of Common Prayer, to know it is common sense. I also realize that I should be skeptical of anyone who tries to explain away this essential/fundamental reasoning of mine. Don’t you dare accuse me of hatred, b/c I love sinners, but I don’t excuse sin.“Gay” is a sexual act. No one puts a gun to anyone’s head and says you must act on your desires to be a polygamist, a pedophile, a homosexual, a murderer, overweight, etc. The only way to know if someone is gay is to witness them in the act. Otherwise we have to take their word. What a great legal loophole—especially for MEN, now they can play the victim card too. No other group asks the general public to just take their word that they are minorities. What’s next, drag-queen priests? You, RevKen can sweet talk about SIN all day, but no matter how much “sugar” you put on top of a turd, underneath it’s still a lump of feces. If one cannot controls his (or her) sexual deviance (and one doesn’t have the strength or will power to control his (or her) perversion), one shouldn’t be a priest in the TEC. Your convictions, RevKen are rooted in a political agenda, one that’s tearing "our" church apart--and people like me, whose families have been faithful Episcopalians for hundreds of years, are convinced that the Church has now, because of reverends like you, lost its spiritual legitimacy. Oh, and don’t you dare try to make me out to be the one who’s obsessed about sex, I don't have a problem with anti-Bishop Gene of NH having male friends; I'm all for the church blessing male friendship! But, this situation is about anal-sex, plain and simple. Again, you can sugar-coat your b.s. all you want, nevertheless, it’s still stinks of sodomy.

Location hidden

#31 Feb 6, 2013
Grotonian wrote:
TO REVKEN: The issue is not about what one says he (or she) is--hetero or homo, pedophile or polygamist. The issue is the act! Gay ministers have been outstanding preacher for centuries, some open some closeted. But in past years they have been able to control their uncivilized desires in the same way that those of us who are straight control ours, by not fornicating out of the sacrament of wedlock....

... But, this situation is about anal-sex, plain and simple. Again, you can sugar-coat your b.s. all you want, nevertheless, it’s still stinks of sodomy.
I'm sorry you don't understand at this time, Grotonian.

But, the door to understanding will remain open to you. Though, I cannot say for how long.

As a political movement, those who find likeness with each other are gathering together. That is the normal thing for them to do.

But, as an individual understanding, it is a matter of self and identity which no person can ultimately suppress.

You fault these people for having sex. Do you also fault the heterosexual for having sex? I doubt it.

They are people, Grotonian, just like you and I are people.

As a priest, I am authorized to marry them. If they can show that they mean to be married, I will marry them.

Some say I will be judged to have been absolutely wrong about this. Maybe they are right. But, I don't think so.

Time will tell. But, here is an answer. As knowledge of human sexuality has improved and continues to improve, it has become increasingly obvious that homosexuality is a persistent and normal part of the human sexual expression. It is not "sin."

Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come to me."

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#32 Feb 6, 2013
RevKen wrote:
As knowledge of human sexuality has improved and continues to improve, it has become increasingly obvious that homosexuality is a persistent and normal part of the human sexual expression ...
Since sin is also a persistent part of human expression, is that now "normal" too? Are you authorized to sanction that as well?

Location hidden

#33 Feb 6, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since sin is also a persistent part of human expression, is that now "normal" too? Are you authorized to sanction that as well?
Is everything that is done by a human being an expression of sin?

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#34 Feb 6, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you get the memo: we are created in the image of God?

It also requires one to keep that instrument in the best working condition, meaning work on our part.

I still think an exorcism is in order for you, your projection of the evil inside you is alarming and disturbing, it's almost as if you don't know Jesus ROSE and is standing beside you as you type your tripe!!

Tsk tsk......

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#35 Feb 6, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is everything that is done by a human being an expression of sin?
Only everything done apart from God.
MiddleWay wrote:
I still think an exorcism is in order for you ...
How Roman of you!
Did you perform any in seminary?

Location hidden

#36 Feb 6, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Only everything done apart from God.
<quoted text>
How Roman of you!
Did you perform any in seminary?
Do you regard your post #1 of this thread, which is composed of qoutes selected by you that propagate a false premise, that is according to you, against the jounalistic rules of the AP, to have been done apart from God?
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#37 Feb 6, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>

Some say I will be judged to have been absolutely wrong about this. Maybe they are right. But, I don't think so.
Time will tell. But, here is an answer. As knowledge of human sexuality has improved and continues to improve, it has become increasingly obvious that homosexuality is a persistent and normal part of the human sexual expression. It is not "sin."
Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come to me."
You will be judged absolutely wrong for the simple fact that you do not have the authority to define sin or redefine sin. God has done this in His revelation to us and as a so-called "priest" you should know this fact.

Location hidden

#38 Feb 6, 2013
Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be judged absolutely wrong for the simple fact that you do not have the authority to define sin or redefine sin. God has done this in His revelation to us and as a so-called "priest" you should know this fact.
Sorry, TA.

Your understanding of my duties, responsibilities, capabilities and latitude in the Spirit does not either define me or define what Christ Jesus may expect from me.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#39 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you regard your post #1 of this thread, which is composed of qoutes selected by you that propagate a false premise ...
Your's is the false premise.

Liability for Republication:

"... a republisher of libel is generally considered just as responsible for the libel as the original speaker" (p. 353).

So if roboblogger can't be held responsible for publishing "lies and misconceptions" ...
Think Again

Macclesfield, NC

#40 Feb 7, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, TA.
Your understanding of my duties, responsibilities, capabilities and latitude in the Spirit does not either define me or define what Christ Jesus may expect from me.
I have a very good understanding of your duties, responsibilities, etc. The moment you call evil, good, you are taking latitude that is not your's to take.

Malachi 2:17
You have wearied the LORD with your words. "How have we wearied him?" you ask. By saying, "All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them" or "Where is the God of justice?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Pleasant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marie Hicks Inabinett (Sep '12) 7 hr Tell Me 30
Chesterbrook Academy Dec 23 radtech9 1
heroin (Mar '12) Dec 21 Jmazzy 7
Same-sex marriage is just the beginning Dec 21 Doctor Doo-little 43
SmallTown Country Living Dec 16 Ramona 3
Charleston County Authorities Search for Home I... Dec 15 whatever 1
Charleston Housing Cost 25% Higher Than Nationa... Dec 14 HaHaHaHa 4
Mount Pleasant Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web