texting employees from workplace.

texting employees from workplace.

Posted in the Mount Olivet Forum

texting1

Germantown, KY

#1 Sep 9, 2012
just wondering how other people feel about supervisors texting employees from the workplace during there time off or for any other reason?have been doing much research on the issue.and i find that there are alot of privacy issues with this type of thing.does anyone else feel this is wrong?or maybe bad business practice?please share your stories.
bigger issue

Cleveland, GA

#2 Sep 12, 2012
texting1 wrote:
just wondering how other people feel about supervisors texting employees from the workplace during there time off or for any other reason?have been doing much research on the issue.and i find that there are alot of privacy issues with this type of thing.does anyone else feel this is wrong?or maybe bad business practice?please share your stories.
Don't see where this is a problem unless you are sending in house information that should not leave the business. What I do have a problem with is theft of time. It is a proven fact that employees are stealing employers time by texting, using computers and phones at work to do personal stuff. This is theft of services. There is nothing I hate worse than to go into a business and have to wait while the person who is supposed to be waiting on me or other customers while they are wasting their bosses time AND mine on the phone or computer. I was in a business the other day and the lady couldn't wait on me for sending messages on her phone. Then went up the street and the clerk was reading gossip news on the computer and I had to wait until she finished. This is the same as stealing from a store. They were stealing time from the business! Sorry but this is wrong and i don't care who you are. If you are doing this, you are a thief.
texting1

Germantown, KY

#3 Sep 22, 2012
well.let me sum that up for ya since you decided to way off topic there.employees goofing off on the job is an issue for the management to deal with.i agree i do see that alot myself.but bosses spend more time texting and communicating crap outside of work,then they do when there on the clock.its becoming poor work practice.theres a reason there called "management" if you buy a broken laptop you complain to the manufacturer not the lil guys who made it.its a matter of ethics.something this country is losing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Olivet Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
need head (Oct '14) 11 hr Dr Gerald Demal 2
Robertson County gossip? (Oct '14) 15 hr Really 16
stolen / missing dog 16 hr just curious plea... 3
Can two felons be around each other? (Feb '13) Fri Lilmoma1978 36
Falmouth police?? Mayor? Fri FYI 2
John Riley quit the Sheriff's Department Thu Oissed Off 16
Francis moore Apr 22 nunya 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Olivet Mortgages