County Police, D.A. To Investigate Po...

County Police, D.A. To Investigate Police Shooting

There are 29 comments on the KDKA story from May 7, 2008, titled County Police, D.A. To Investigate Police Shooting. In it, KDKA reports that:

The investigation continues into what prompted a Pittsburgh police officer to shoot and kill a 19-year-old man in Mount Oliver Tuesday evening.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KDKA.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
W alt

Sewickley, PA

#1 May 7, 2008
Why is it that these young punks- hoods if you will, always try to out think the police. Why was the thug carrying a weapon in the first place? I'm sure it wasn't a bb gun like the "witness " said. He ,no doubt, was a partner in crime ,trying to make the police look like the bad guys.And lastly why is it that the nettlesome parents of these hoods always say what perfect little angels their kids are.-why they wouldn't be toaten a gun. I mourn for the dog. I hope he left deep teeth marks before he died.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 May 7, 2008
One more down - when you pull a gun on the police just what do you expect?

Thank God for our guys in uniform.
BAP

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 May 7, 2008
Barbarism begins at home.
bro

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 May 7, 2008
Who's to say he had a gun in the first place?
BOB

Bethel Park, PA

#5 May 7, 2008
He shot and killed the dog with a gun!!!
Tyrone Shoelaces

United States

#6 May 7, 2008
What a waste of a perfectly good dog. The parents should have to replace the dog because they raised and idiot son.

How much bleach is needed to cleanse this gene pool?
Bill

Greensburg, PA

#7 May 8, 2008
Thank god that cop shot this moron!! Our tax dollars dont have to pay for him to goto jail...As for momma jackson.. your son needed to die, he pointed a gun and shot at police...(guess the appple didnt fall too far from the tree)
Bill

Greensburg, PA

#8 May 8, 2008
lol....all the black people think the cop shot him because he was black.... LOL! guess that explains alot.....IF HE DIDNT HAVE A GUN HOW DID THE DOG DIE?? SNIPER ON THE ROOF??The sniper was waiting for just the right dog to walk along...(take a black guy,white guy,yellow guy,purple guy and give them all guns to point at the police... i would be willing to bet they all get shot)
Rutnasty

Springdale, PA

#9 May 8, 2008
If Donald Jackson's son would have just lifted his hands from under his shirt without the damn bb gun like the police asked we wouldn't be having this sob fest.
bro

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 May 8, 2008
Police carry dirty unregistered weapons in the event things don't go so well. They use these weapons to plant on their victims so that the shooting appears to be justified. There is no evidence that the officer's life was in danger. The only thing known is that the dog was shot and killed. There is no indication that the officer's life was ever in immediate danger. This shooting was in retaliation for the Philadelphia police killing recently. I hate kops! They are the lowest form of creature on planet earth. I suppose the guy that was asphyxiated at the fire hall by a kop was also carrying a gun; right?
bro

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 May 8, 2008
Tyrone Shoelaces wrote:
What a waste of a perfectly good dog. The parents should have to replace the dog because they raised and idiot son.
How much bleach is needed to cleanse this gene pool?
You are a dog, and thats the reason why you care more for them than you do a human.

Since: May 08

Chicora, PA

#12 May 8, 2008
Some people need to get in touch with reality and stop defending the person doing wrong here! This crap about police planting weapons on him is absurd. Some will look for any lame excuse to blame the police. You must have a twisted mentality to blame the people upholding the law and excuse and condone the actions of the person doing wrong.
This 19 year old was not carrying a .357 magnum to make a fashion statement. Seems to me, he was looking for trouble. The police may have kept him from killing another person. All he had to do was comply with the police, but he didn't. It's really lame to try to justify shooting a police dog. If he would have dropped his weapon, that dog would not have harmed him, and neither would the police.
It is not sick to think of this police dog as more important than some low life disobeying the law repeatedly and having no regard for innocent life. I'm so sick and tired of police officers getting the blame for everything, and the parents are condoning and excusing their kids actions. He had previous offenses, yet his parents think he can do no wrong.
I say let the police officers do their job. They have a responsibility to uphold the law and a right to defend themselves. I'll tell you what's ***backwards, people condoning and excusing what this 19 year old did (also had a prior record), and criticizing the police for doing their job.
My condolences to the officers for the loss of Aulf. A faithful and loyal officer to the end. God keep you in His care.
roastman

Wheeling, WV

#13 May 8, 2008
This incident and its aftermath truly shows how warped society has become. These tragic events will continue unless there is a movement to restore self-responsibility and accountability. When there is no respect for authority and the rule of law, then there can be no order only chaos.
Tyrone Shoelaces

United States

#14 May 8, 2008
bro wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a dog, and thats the reason why you care more for them than you do a human.
Actually, it was Al (Dixie Peach) Sharpton and his ilk that killed the 19 year old along with any others that die. It works like this, if you buy into crap Al spreads that you are persecuted and owed a free ride in life, it's OK to rob, sell drugs or anything else, then your time on earth may be limited. It's better to be a dog than a snot covered, glassy-eyed, brain dead N-word, but thats just my opinion.
Retired Officer

Atlanta, GA

#15 May 8, 2008
These comments are disgusting! People value the life of a dog more than the life of a human being. Does anyone ask what happen that night? Or do we automatically believe what the cops say and no one else? I am a retired police officer...I know the dirt that goes on within the department. It's not prettty. Gullible people...

http://urbanworldonline.com/what-really-happe...
g-man

Philadelphia, PA

#16 May 8, 2008
i am glad this trash is dead and off the streets... the police did their job, hope they would do it again! This moron jackson is dead and now the world is a safer place!
Methos

Newport News, VA

#17 May 9, 2008
bro wrote:
Police carry dirty unregistered weapons in the event things don't go so well. They use these weapons to plant on their victims so that the shooting appears to be justified. There is no evidence that the officer's life was in danger. The only thing known is that the dog was shot and killed. There is no indication that the officer's life was ever in immediate danger. This shooting was in retaliation for the Philadelphia police killing recently. I hate kops! They are the lowest form of creature on planet earth. I suppose the guy that was asphyxiated at the fire hall by a kop was also carrying a gun; right?
It wasn't just a dog....it was a K9 police officer. Unfortunately he only had teeth and not a gun....but his partner defended him !!!!
rocket j squirrel

North Andover, MA

#18 May 9, 2008
I wonder if team sharpton will get involved?

Since: May 08

Chicora, PA

#19 May 9, 2008
Retired Officer needs a reality check. I'm very disappointed and disturbed by your statements considering you are a retired police officer. You comments are a slap in the face to our law enforcement. Don't judge all police officers by what some may do.
I'll tell you what is disgusting is that Jackson, and there are many like him...had a long criminal record and should have been behind bars. No, they get a slap on the wrist and let out of jail in no time, and are a big problem for the police. The police are weary of these repeat offenders and they are violent offenders. It's been on the news about thugs being let out of jail and the very next week, they are breaking the law again.
You, of all people should realize the value and status of the police dog. They are considered an officer of the law. Aside from that, the police did not shoot Jackson because he shot the police dog, although, they would have been justified in doing so. Their lives were in danger.
I and many others feel that the life of this special dog is more important than that of people that are bent of doing evil and taking other people's lives.
Mt. Oliver x2 stated in a comment on one of these articles about how terrible the situation is where she lives. The thugs burglarizing homes, carrying guns and dealing drugs..is really terrible and that the streets need to be cleaned of these people. Sadly, this is a big problem across the country.
It is really troubling when people condone criminal behavior and criticize those trying to uphold the law.
rightchic

Mckeesport, PA

#20 May 9, 2008
AMEN Lexi57!!!! My husband is a police officer in a nearby town and I fear for him every day. He spent over 8 years on SWAT. These thugs grow up believing that the world owes them something and that they don't have to respect authority. It is a frightening thing when criminals behave without fear of consequences & without respect for human life.The police officers were more than justified in this incident and if 'retired officer' is really a retired police officer he would know that! Clearly they were defending themselves against a punk criminal who had already fired two shots in their direction, killing one canine officer. Police officers sacrifice their time from their family working nights, weekends, holidays, spending much of their off time in court or training.. to protect and serve their community. They should be thanked every day for their service- it is an amazing service.. they risk getting shot because they care about our safety. Trust me, they certainly do not do it for the money! The only victims here were the dog, the officers who had to put down the thug, and us taxpayers whose money will be wasted when this thug's family decides to try to sue for their son's stupidity. Our society is truly going down hill when so many people actually take the criminals side in such a clear cut case. I am glad that they got him before he shot an innocent bystander or another police officer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Oliver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Pittsburgh (Nov '13) 23 hr KShumaker 92
Are Your Female Family Members Safe May 23 hacked and regret 2
"Bikers" don't know squat May 22 Pink Flamingo 8
Trump and Sanders May 21 Paris 4
Transgender Males and Women Selective Service May 21 aciremA 2
News Crafton police officer charged in hit-and-run (Jul '09) May 21 Pgh Five O 7,617
My wife Mar '16 Ray 7515 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Oliver Mortgages