Woman accused in death of infant admits to abuse

Nov 19, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Charleston Gazette

The woman accused of killing her 4-month-old infant daughter in Nicholas county admitted to abusing the child since birth, according to a criminal complaint filed in Nicholas County Magistrate Court.

Comments
21 - 40 of 40 Comments Last updated Aug 22, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anybody know

Smoot, WV

#21 Jun 4, 2009
what has happened to this sick excuse for a woman? has she got the chair yet????
yeah dir

United States

#22 Oct 12, 2009
fanclub wrote:
impossible. Women don't do these kind of things. It is a known fact. She must be protecting some man somewhere.
.......Absolutely YES women can do these things, you ever heard of women going through a deep depression after giving birth? wonder why the infants doctor did'nt catch on or notice anything while doing check ups with the baby...Cause she stated she had been abusing the infant since birth..
Ocean56

AOL

#23 Oct 12, 2009
Julie wrote:
It is so sad that this thing happens to such helpless and innocent children. The only way for a baby to communicate is to cry. If someone can not deal with this, they should not have kids. There are so many couples out there who cant have children and they deserve the chance much more than people like her does. This is just my opinion. She will answer for what she has done. I just hope God shows her more mercy than she showed her baby. Rest in peace baby Cambria
IMO many of these admittedly abusive moms probably never wanted to be mothers in the first place, but were told they were "supposed to" have children by family or friends who should have kept their opinions to themselves. It would have been far better if this woman had never become pregnant and then a mother at all than to have this terrible tragedy happen to a little baby.

If someone in your family or circle of friends has real doubts about becoming a parent, be it a mom or dad, the best thing to do is back off and let each person make their own choice. Not everyone is suited for parenthood, and the choice NOT to have children is just as valid as the choice to have kids.
Ocean56

AOL

#24 Oct 12, 2009
fanclub wrote:
impossible. Women don't do these kind of things. It is a known fact. She must be protecting some man somewhere.
NOT TRUE. Women can and HAVE killed their children, for various reasons. Diane Downs and Susan Smith were just two of them.
Tears for baby

AOL

#25 Jul 13, 2010
I was praying for justice in this baby death.

What happened at the trail?
just wondering

Danese, WV

#26 Oct 14, 2010
Has there been anything done about this case? I haven't seen or heard anymore in the news.
Star

AOL

#27 Oct 17, 2010
I heard the sheriff dept didn't care .

Can anyone tell me what is the problem with the sheriff dept?
just wondering

Danese, WV

#28 Oct 21, 2010
I don't understand why they wouldn't care. The "mother" not only admitted to killing the baby but to also abusing the baby since birth (this is according to the newspaper). Our justice system is crazy let people like this woman free and lock other up for life that did a lesser crime. I just don't understand.
what in the world

Danese, WV

#29 Oct 26, 2010
not sure what's wrong with the sheriff's dept either if this is true
don t understand

AOL

#30 Oct 30, 2010
I understand that this " woman" did admit that she killed her baby .

She is out free.

So I am confused was is the court system or the Sheriff dept that failed?

I think VOTERS should not vote for theres people again!
JUDGE

AOL

#31 Nov 7, 2010
Why is woman out of jail?
Who was the judge ?
What happened in th court room that she got out ?
wake up

AOL

#32 Nov 18, 2010
Why did she get out ?

It is time that murders go to jail>
WHY

AOL

#33 Nov 19, 2010
you people need to complain that justice wasn't done!

My God there are people in the Nicholas co Sheriff dept that need to held accountable!
WHY

AOL

#34 Dec 5, 2010
WHY WAS JUSTICE NOT SERVED ?
WHY ?
poor baby

United States

#35 Jan 8, 2011
does anyone care why justice was not served ?
I do

United States

#36 Jan 25, 2011
poor baby wrote:
does anyone care why justice was not served ?
Lets call the Charleston Gazette and see what they cant dig up for us on this. I have sadly buried my own babies who were still born and it is so frustrating and hard to understand why someone would want to harm their own child! There are plenty of people in this world who would have loved that child. Why hasnt the woman been charged? Did our mambypamby justice system just brush it off like they do so many other things? I intend to find out. One way or another.
hello

Fairmont, WV

#37 Dec 4, 2011
How's come she was not convicted ?
carol

Morgantown, WV

#38 Jan 30, 2012
what is the update on this ?
really

Summersville, WV

#39 Jul 5, 2012
What did become of this case?
curious

Charleston, WV

#40 Aug 22, 2012
I just started reading this forum, what is this woman's name? I'm sorry if someone has already mentioned it and I just missed it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount-Nebo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 57,065
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana Aug 26 Johnny 183
WV 2 dead in explosion at W.Va. chemical plant (Dec '10) Aug 25 day all freekin d... 3,943
st Patrick's parade Aug 21 not workin 4 u 2
c underwood and the koch bros Jul '14 annie 1
Sen. Nick Rahall Jun '14 Miss Piggy 2
Christina Underwoods BULL$#!T War on coal ad Jun '14 Is she for real 3
•••
•••
•••

Mount-Nebo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••