Woman accused in death of infant admits to abuse

Nov 19, 2008 Full story: Charleston Gazette 40

The woman accused of killing her 4-month-old infant daughter in Nicholas county admitted to abusing the child since birth, according to a criminal complaint filed in Nicholas County Magistrate Court.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Julie

United States

#1 Nov 19, 2008
It is so sad that this thing happens to such helpless and innocent children. The only way for a baby to communicate is to cry. If someone can not deal with this, they should not have kids. There are so many couples out there who cant have children and they deserve the chance much more than people like her does. This is just my opinion. She will answer for what she has done. I just hope God shows her more mercy than she showed her baby. Rest in peace baby Cambria
Observation

Summersville, WV

#2 Nov 19, 2008
Now the true story is being told.

“I Love To Garden”

Since: Oct 08

Michigan

#3 Nov 20, 2008
Poor little baby, most likely she just wanted to be held and rocked.
A Mom

United States

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Being a mom is the biggest blessing God can give someone. To hurt an innocent baby is the most heartless thing someone could do. If she couldn't deal with the crying there are Churches, Police Stations and hospitals that she could have taken the baby to. I for one would have loved to snuggle and love little Cambria. It is very hard for me not to hope that Ms. Hanna gets the death penalty. Cambria was a beautiful little girl. Rest in Peace little one - there will be more pain. God has you in his loving arms.
A Mom

United States

#5 Nov 20, 2008
Being a mom is the biggest blessing God can give someone. To hurt an innocent baby is the most heartless thing someone could do. If she couldn't deal with the crying there are Churches, Police Stations and hospitals that she could have taken the baby to. I for one would have loved to snuggle and love little Cambria. It is very hard for me not to hope that Ms. Hanna gets the death penalty. Cambria was a beautiful little girl. Rest in Peace little one - there will be no more pain. God has you in his loving arms.
fanclub

Sudbury, MA

#6 Nov 21, 2008
impossible. Women don't do these kind of things. It is a known fact. She must be protecting some man somewhere.

Since: Mar 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

#7 Nov 21, 2008
Please, I guess you never heard of Diane Downs or Susan Smith. Women can and do kill their children.

Northridge, CA

#8 Nov 21, 2008
okay here we go again that is sick the pressure of having a baby NOT! she was already disturbed in her mind a sick indivisual caring a baby it sickens me to read things like this I am a mother and a proud one at that anyone who does not want there child pass them along to and agency for adoption someone would love to care for those sweet little babies and that is the truth this is sooooooooooo sick but it has been going on for years and that is horrible to think that something someone so innocent and pure could leave this cruel world by harms way and hatred how sick is that I hope justice is served with a Rod of Iron!
DCA

Pleasanton, CA

#9 Nov 21, 2008
fanclub wrote:
impossible. Women don't do these kind of things. It is a known fact. She must be protecting some man somewhere.
That's bullsh*it - women DO do these things.
How many women have we seen in the news that have thrown their kids off a bridge to die - or some other sick thing like that.

Where are you getting these "proven facts" from?

Northridge, CA

#10 Nov 21, 2008
Fanclub I don't know where your from but we are living on Earth and this has been going on for a very long time centuries even so go down to your local library and look up murders of woman concerning children and you will see honey this is not cinderella land at disney land this is reality and it doesn't take a woman to protect anyone to do a crime like this it happens and it's sickening so I hope this has brighten up your horizon a tad bit! and my prayers go out to the father and the grand-parents because they must be devastated!
Bridges

United States

#11 Nov 21, 2008
Ok, what are you somking? PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!! Where do you live lady? Have you ever listened to the news? Get for real!!
fanclub wrote:
impossible. Women dont these kind of things. It is a known fact. She must be protecting some man somewhere.
lexmo577

Holden, MO

#12 Nov 22, 2008
that woman was evil to do that to her baby , that is so sad .... if she beat on that baby alot , the baby cried alot cause it was hurting , so momma helped that pain , she killed her , i hope she gets death .... she will get beat on in prison too, they hate baby killers .most those women are mothers .
someone who knows

Borden, IN

#13 Dec 9, 2008
One thing the newspaper didn't get the story right. Number 2 all of you need to read about postpartum psychosis because this can happen to any of you. Your sister your wife your daughter. There is not enough information out there for people. This is not taught to you buy your dr. or your Lamaze teacher. Oh for got this is hickville WV they don't have Lamaze teachers for child birth. You are right about the grandparents. They lost their life. They had no idea. They didn't lose one they lost 2. And they are educated people. This was a child they had no problem out of growing up.

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Dec 17, 2008
One thing the newspaper didn't get the story right. Number 2 all of you need to read about postpartum psychosis because this can happen to any of you. Your sister your wife your daughter. There is not enough information out there for people. This is not taught to you buy your dr. or your Lamaze teacher. Oh for got this is hickville WV they don't have Lamaze teachers for child birth. You are right about the grandparents. They lost their life. They had no idea. They didn't lose one they lost 2. And they are educated people. This was a child they had no problem out of growing up.

THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE HER WRONG DOING SHE IS SICK AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL FACE IT SHE IS GOING TO GET WHAT SHE DESERVES AND JUSTICE WILL BE HER DOWN FALL OF DISCOVERY BECAUSE NOW SHE KNOWS SHE WAS ABSOLUTELY OUT OF LINE FOR THAT ONE SO PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MAKING UP EXCUSES FOR PEOPLES MENTAL BEHAVIOR JUST LIKE SHE GAVE BIRTH IS JUST LIKE SHE KILLED HER BABY BY FORCE OF A WILLING MIND!
SLM

United States

#15 Jan 6, 2009
someone who knows wrote:

No excuse for this woman who so thoughtlessly took the life of a precious baby..illness or not. From what I read in another comment, she had a way out, the neighbors obviously wanted this baby. She could have called on them to take the baby for a while,or better yet let them adopt her. Hell has a special place for women like her. May God have mercy on her.. though she had none for her child. In closing.. I live in WV, and we do have Lamaze coaches etc., we wear shoes and have teeth as well. I dont guess there are any Hickvilles in KY? Just wondered.
wv native2

United States

#16 Jan 9, 2009
First of all , I think it is a sad terrible thing that happened to that little baby , Second thing is ,there is no death penelty in WV anymore, so all of your tax dollars will keep that woman in prison for (hopefully) the rest of her life, and we ( as taxpayers) will have supported her at about 15 to 20k per year for the next say , oh 20 years , so we will have spent about 400,000 dollars on her , not counting the legal fees, court cost , court ordered psych visits, doctor appts. , dental care , education, and let us not forget she can contest the outcome of her trial, and be paroled in 10 years, got to love the Justice system.
fanclub

Sudbury, MA

#17 Jan 9, 2009
wv native2 wrote:
...got to love the Justice system.
I think of it as a legal system. Justice is rare.
knowing

Watseka, IL

#18 Mar 24, 2009
I live very close to this family and Ms. Hanna did NOT have PPD. She is just a deranged individual who fooled us all into thinking she was capable of being a mother. May she get what she deserves. Not only for the death and pain to her child, but for the pain, humiliation, and grief to her family and friends who didn't have a clue Cambria needed help. She lied and covered up the abuse for months and was very well aware of what she was doing.
candy6884

Watseka, IL

#19 Mar 24, 2009
I agree with knowing. Ashley should be held fully accountable. There was a whole neighborhood of people who would have provided her with help, but she choose to do things her own way.
DixieRose

United States

#20 Mar 30, 2009
I knew both parents, I know they both had family willing to help with cami. I only wish we could have got to them in time to save that baby.
I'm wondering now, it's been almost 5 months since this happend, what the heck is WV court system doing?? When is the trial???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount-Nebo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sewer stink in school Oct '14 Conserned P 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Sep '14 Winner 1,765
st Patrick's parade (Mar '14) Aug '14 not workin 4 u 2
c underwood and the koch bros Jul '14 annie 1
Sen. Nick Rahall Jun '14 Miss Piggy 2
Christina Underwoods BULL$#!T War on coal ad (Jun '14) Jun '14 Is she for real 3
WV Man, Adult Stepdaughter Charged With Incest (Sep '13) May '14 PieceMaker 9
Mount-Nebo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mount-Nebo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Mount-Nebo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Mount-Nebo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:40 pm PST