Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing D...

Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Discrimination On Basis Of Religious Freedom

There are 25 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Feb 20, 2014, titled Arizona Senate Passes Bill Allowing Discrimination On Basis Of Religious Freedom. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

Arizona State Senator Steve Farley talks about how important the arts are to public education.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 20, 2014
I don't see how it is any different than what happened to the blacks but instead of "whites only" everything will be "straights/Christians only."
Merle

Culver City, CA

#2 Feb 20, 2014
equalityboy81 wrote:
I don't see how it is any different than what happened to the blacks but instead of "whites only" everything will be "straights/Christians only."
BIG difference. What the blacks had to endure is on a completely different level than the little inconveniences of being "openly gay".
Merle

Culver City, CA

#3 Feb 20, 2014
If a gay couple wants a cake all they have to do is go into the bakery and order a cake like anybody else. Now if they walk in and say 'Hi we're a GAY couple, can we order a cake"? Well now maybe not so much.
Who Knew

Hockessin, DE

#4 Feb 20, 2014
equalityboy81 wrote:
Quit your whining, [email protected]

Location hidden

#5 Feb 21, 2014
Who Knew wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit your whining, [email protected]
Damn! Are we back in the 60s when people were called colored?! Sounds to me like someone needs to step into the 21st century and 2014!
Reuben

Culver City, CA

#6 Feb 21, 2014
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn! Are we back in the 60s when people were called colored?! Sounds to me like someone needs to step into the 21st century and 2014!
Those were much better times than today that's for sure!

Location hidden

#7 Feb 21, 2014
Reuben wrote:
<quoted text>
In some aspects I'm sure including good music compared to the 2000s+ but not the good old days when it came to discrimination, hatred, bigotry, oppression, bullying, intimidation, dehumanizing, demonizing, oppression of women, blacks, and gays; sexism, gender discrimination, racism, homophobia, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homonegativity, sexualism, stereotyping, labeling, scapegoating, etc.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 21, 2014
Merle wrote:
<quoted text>
BIG difference. What the blacks had to endure is on a completely different level than the little inconveniences of being "openly gay".
I don't see how gays being refused service is any different than a place saying "whites only." There are comparisons between the struggles.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#9 Feb 21, 2014
Merle wrote:
If a gay couple wants a cake all they have to do is go into the bakery and order a cake like anybody else. Now if they walk in and say 'Hi we're a GAY couple, can we order a cake"? Well now maybe not so much.
Well, when they request two grooms on the top, or discuss other aspects of the wedding with the baker, don't you think the concept of "same sex wedding" might present itself. Ordering a wedding cake isn't like walking in and requested a birthday cake. The law is ridiculous and will back fire big time.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 21, 2014
There were also laws back then that made it illegal in some places to serve gays or those perceived as gay. You can sugarcoat it any way you want: discrimination is discrimination.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#11 Feb 21, 2014
Reuben1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, just end it now, because you can't go back in time.
NE J8d

Torrance, CA

#12 Feb 21, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Well, just end it now, because you can't go back in time.
deep subject for such a shallow mind
NE J8d

Torrance, CA

#13 Feb 21, 2014
I agree 100% very informative post thank you for posting spot on

btw .....

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#14 Feb 21, 2014
And mimicking another poster's username takes deep thought?
NE J8d

Torrance, CA

#16 Feb 21, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Well, when they request two grooms on the top, or discuss other aspects of the wedding with the baker, don't you think the concept of "same sex wedding" might present itself. Ordering a wedding cake isn't like walking in and requesting a birthday cake. The law is ridiculous and will back fire big time.
100% spot on
NE J8d

Torrance, CA

#17 Feb 21, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
And mimicking another poster's username takes deep thought?
um drool uh duh *note the difference in spelling [underestimated how shallow]
NE J8d

Torrance, CA

#18 Feb 21, 2014
you have to admit the name is catchy 'ey?
NE J8d

Torrance, CA

#19 Feb 21, 2014
kinda just jumps out at you and grabs your attention ey

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 21, 2014
It's very gay, of course you like it!
NE J8d

Torrance, CA

#21 Feb 21, 2014
hook line and stinker

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Lemmon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1976 Homicide Case Dismissed (Sep '10) Mar 21 Stephen Clark 19
QRIKET REFERRAL CODE: AB87B4 - Share your coded... (Feb '16) Mar 21 deeboy 19
Bill Marshall Mar 18 kelly_ 1
Looking for Pre-1985 Tucson Historical Information (Mar '16) Mar 16 bob frapples 4
Feature points code, 1,000 points. 100% legit (Dec '14) Mar 15 Peter 3
News Federal judge: Border Patrol in Arizona violate... Mar 14 Alien Touch 1
tucson az gangs (Jul '08) Mar 9 SVI AVE 268

Mount Lemmon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Lemmon Mortgages