Dave Barry's 2009 Holiday Gift Guide

Full story: The York Daily Record

In these troubled economic times, when money is scarce for many people, it's important that we remind ourselves, and our loved ones, that the holiday season is not about buying things.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Dec 11, 2009
Fun is here again

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

Don't care who you are, now those are funny. But for some prudes (MOST highly sophisticated bloggers), this piece is well below them. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, even if you are a sarcastic, egotistical, all knowing prick.
Sara Jane

Walsall, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2009

Judged:

Some of those I just can't imagine receiving (and would not know what to say, or feel, if I did!). But I think novelty gifts seem really popular this year, especially when people haven't a clue what to buy.

One crazy gift I saw the other day was listed as possibly the worst xmas gift ever...a packet of nothing ( http://www.wherecanibuyonline.com/worst-chris... ) although reading that list, I'd rather receive that than some on Dave's list!

Since: Dec 09

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

wrong thread!
Ziety the Deity

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2009

Anne, welcome to the thread, even if it was the wrong one. We have a city, READING, PA right up the road from our home in YORK, PA. Whoopee! Hope you have as much fun with TOPIX as many of us do; does get a bit testy at times though. Don't take anything too personal on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Mount Kisco News Video

•••
•••

Mount Kisco Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Mount Kisco People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE