Fairfield boy drowns in New York

Fairfield boy drowns in New York

There are 15 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Jun 11, 2009, titled Fairfield boy drowns in New York. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The 3-year-old son of a local family apparently drowned yesterday in a pond behind his grandmother's home in Pound Ridge, N.Y. Nicholas Tersigni died at Northern Westchester Hospital in Mount Kisco after efforts to revive him proved unsuccessful when he was pulled from the pond, according to an account published on the website of the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

pwilson

Woodbury, CT

#1 Jun 11, 2009
My God....why? Why should such a event take place? I know things happen in the world because they just do and not because of you.
This little boy.....this little angel.

I PRAY FOR HIS SOUL.
I PRAY FOR HIS PARENTS.
I am so sad this has happened to you.

Everyone pray for him.
Everyone pray for what you have in this world.
Time is short.

Dear God, Take this boy into your arms.
prayer of St Francis

Prospect, CT

#3 Jun 11, 2009
Where there is doubt, faith; Where there is despair, hope; Where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy...
prayers4family

New Haven, CT

#4 Jun 11, 2009
incorrect media info again, not fairfield...new fairfield - very different
cleanb

AOL

#5 Jun 11, 2009
My heart and prayers go out to this family. There is no greater loss than that of a child. May the parents and grandparents find peace in this tragic time. May they be consoled in the memory of his short time here with his laughter and his spirit. My deepest sympathy is with this greiving family.
exctresident

Ennis, TX

#6 Jun 11, 2009
The post should give more details. If people know there is a body of water on their property or close to it (pool, ocean, lake, stream, etc.) More caution should be taken with children. Why wasn't this 3 year old closely watched? This tragic accident could of been avoided. I understand children will walk out of the house on their own when not being watched. Put locks high up, out of the child's reach. And if you you must use the bathroom, take clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer, answer the phone etc. Take the child with you or make sure the outside doors are all locked. Even when the child takes a nap, make sure all outside doors are locked.
My sympathies to the Family.
The little Angel was not on this earth long and he is with God now. Rest in Peace.
Your Mom, Dad, Grandmother and Grandfather will see you again.
digusted

Monroe, NY

#7 Jun 11, 2009
exctresident I am truly disgusted by your way of thinking. Instead of having sympathy for the family in a tragic time you sit in judgement. I pray nothing like this ever happens to you or your family.

No one loved that child more than his grandmother did. He was her joy in life.
charlie

Nesconset, NY

#8 Jun 11, 2009
May God give the this family the strenth to endure the long process of healing.I know you will never forget but maybe this is of some consolence--Death leaves a hearthache no one can heal, but love leaves LIVES a memory no one can steal.
So sorry from Long Island

Patchogue, NY

#11 Jun 12, 2009
I am so sorry for the loss of your little Angel, Nicholas! He is wrapped in God's loving arms and is surrounded by all those who have gone before him.
Accidents happen in an instant and it is God's will what happens to us all.

This tragedy has hit anyone who is human and has a heart straight to their core.
Please find comfort in the fact that anyone who is NORMAL understands that there are always going to be people without brains, a heart or a life that have to make themselves feel better by putting posts up like the previous one.
The focus hear is Nicholas and your family and we pray for you all.
Fairfield Resident

AOL

#12 Jun 12, 2009
Apparently ConPost doesn't know the difference between Fairfield and New Fairfield. Yes, they both have "Fairfield" in their names but they're about 100 miles way from each other.
Spotting errors in ConPost is getting to be too easy.
trumbull townie

Shelton, CT

#13 Jun 12, 2009
Fairfield Resident wrote:
Apparently ConPost doesn't know the difference between Fairfield and New Fairfield. Yes, they both have "Fairfield" in their names but they're about 100 miles way from each other.
Spotting errors in ConPost is getting to be too easy.
No, apparently the cops in Pound Ridge don't know the difference because if you followed the story through, you would have found out that the information about the kid being from Fairfield originally came from the NY police. But your day is not complete if you can't blame the Post for something.
trumbull townie

Shelton, CT

#15 Jun 12, 2009
I thought you were smart, Fairfield Res. Check the website, it was changed. This is a thread of comments started from the original story.
Fairfield Resident

AOL

#16 Jun 12, 2009
My bad on that point, if you're right.
The story is still filed under the "Fairfield" heading on ConPost, though. That's where I picked it up.
Madison

Valley Stream, NY

#17 Jun 12, 2009
pwilson wrote:
My God....why? Why should such a event take place? I know things happen in the world because they just do and not because of you.
This little boy.....this little angel.
I PRAY FOR HIS SOUL.
I PRAY FOR HIS PARENTS.
I am so sad this has happened to you.
Everyone pray for him.
Everyone pray for what you have in this world.
Time is short.
Dear God, Take this boy into your arms.
he is my cousin i hav pictures and i helped him draw a straight line!!!!!!!!
Madison

Valley Stream, NY

#18 Jun 12, 2009
he was my cousin, i helped him draw a straight line!!!!!!!!!! i miss him so much!!!!
Kay

Reading, PA

#21 Jun 16, 2009
I cannot even fathom the suffering this family is going through -- my heart goes out to each and every one of you. The callous comments that some post here...that really is amazing. How shallow and base some people's souls are that they take delight in causing additional pain to grieving families! My neighbor has a little autistic boy who learned how to undo every lock in the house...yes even the 'really high up' ones....he is a mechanical genius. What are the poor parents supposed to do? Chain him to the radiator? Never sleep again? He has wandered off a number of times. You do your best as parents, but mistakes occur, tragedies unfold and life happens. To be blamed for something accidental is cruel. Please bear up under the pain as best you can dear family and remember most of us realize that you are not at fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mount Kisco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Searching for Tom McCullough Jun 26 F Dapena 1
Yorktown Heights Music Selection (Aug '12) Jun 25 Musikologist 15
News Train Station Ads Claim Israel Does 'Apartheid' (Mar '13) May '16 TRUMP EXPose 8
to whom it may concern (Dec '11) Mar '16 lolinnewrochelle 53
News Hillary Clinton vaccine-damaged? Severe brain d... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Acme Markets Bids For Eastchester A&P (Jul '15) Oct '15 ChristineN 2
Rob Thomas (Sep '15) Sep '15 RT 1

Mount Kisco Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mount Kisco Mortgages